Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:13 AM

Living In Ketu,working In Vi.how Easy Pls - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Living In Ketu,working In Vi.how Easy Pls (6446 Views)

Drivers Urgently Needed In VI / Urgent Job Vacancies For Receptionists In Vi-lagos / Job Vacancy In VI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Living In Ketu,working In Vi.how Easy Pls by julyb(m): 10:37am On Feb 13, 2016
I av finally decided to move to Ketu.please advise me on time to leave home.I av to get to work by 8 am at Adeola Odeku V/I.Kindly advise as I don't know my way around that axis. can I make it if I leave home by 6am.
Re: Living In Ketu,working In Vi.how Easy Pls by majamajic(m): 10:40am On Feb 13, 2016
BRT is your friend

1 Like

Re: Living In Ketu,working In Vi.how Easy Pls by bigtt76(f): 11:05am On Feb 13, 2016
5am your surest bet grin
Re: Living In Ketu,working In Vi.how Easy Pls by julyb(m): 11:23am On Feb 13, 2016
majamajic:
BRT is your friend
okay,with BRT please what time to leave home. BRT from ketu will take me to where?
Re: Living In Ketu,working In Vi.how Easy Pls by julyb(m): 11:24am On Feb 13, 2016
bigtt76:
5am your surest bet grin
please is it with BRT or normal Lagos Bus
Re: Living In Ketu,working In Vi.how Easy Pls by bigtt76(f): 1:20pm On Feb 13, 2016
Both. Why don't you consider staying at Ajah area? Though both sides are similar traffic wise but Ajah area you can be sure of getting to work latest 6.30am when u leave home at 5am

julyb:

Re: Living In Ketu,working In Vi.how Easy Pls by AndroBlaze: 1:27pm On Feb 13, 2016
julyb:

You don't need to leave the house by 5am. Being at the BRT stop by 5.30 should mean you should make work latest 7.30 and even 7am most times. But if you are aiming for 8am then make sure you are at BRT stop latest by 6 am. This was my experience when I use to live in Ojota.
Re: Living In Ketu,working In Vi.how Easy Pls by AndroBlaze: 1:38pm On Feb 13, 2016
bigtt76:
Both. Why don't you consider staying at Ajah area? Though both sides are similar traffic wise but Ajah area you can be sure of getting to work latest 6.30am when u leave home at 5am

Hmmm not sure this is good advice.

Sometimes I would stay with my family in Lekki (Chevron side which is far closer to VI than Ajah) and I was always surprised that I would end up at work late everytime- compared to leaving from the mainland.

The truth is that if you get caught up in Lekki's mad rush hour (leaving the house at 6.15 -6.30) you won't make it at 8 am while on the other hand I could leave Ojota at that time and still make it to VI before 8am.

Lekki's rush hour is unforgiving while mainland traffic is very predictable and steady.

To cut the long story short, mainland is far more advisable and this comes from an Eti Osa son to the core.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Ketu,working In Vi.how Easy Pls by bigtt76(f): 1:54pm On Feb 13, 2016
I know but if you look closely I say 5am on the dot!

I've done this several times and to think that I stayed even further down from Chevron, VGC to be precise Sangotedo area. So no fears about it.

I would prefer leaving 5am from this area to leaving Mainland at same time.

AndroBlaze:

Hmmm not sure this is good advice.

Sometimes I would stay with my family in Lekki (Chevron side which is far closer to VI than Ajah) and I was always surprised that I would end up at work late everytime- compared to leaving from the mainland.

The truth is that if you get caught up in Lekki's mad rush hour (leaving the house at 6.15 -6.30) you won't make it at 8 am while on the other hand I could leave Ojota at that time and still make it to VI before 8am.

Lekki's rush hour is unforgiving while mainland traffic is very predictable and steady.

To cut the long story short, mainland is far more advisable and this comes from an Eti Osa son to the core.
Re: Living In Ketu,working In Vi.how Easy Pls by julyb(m): 2:01pm On Feb 13, 2016
Androblaze.how much do u spend to and fro vi.thanks
Re: Living In Ketu,working In Vi.how Easy Pls by Acidosis(m): 2:27pm On Feb 13, 2016
Op has decided to move to Ketu. People around that axis should please advise him. Telling him to relocate when he has to get to work 8a.m on Monday is pointless. I'm sure he must have paid his rent already.

1 Like

Re: Living In Ketu,working In Vi.how Easy Pls by AndroBlaze: 2:32pm On Feb 13, 2016
julyb:
Androblaze.how much do u spend to and fro vi.thanks

How much did I use to spend? I mean I have been away from Ojota for almost 2 years now so my recollection might not be accurate.

Ok- I believe BRT was about N80 to get you to CMS (the trick is making sure you buy bulk tickets in advance so would not looking for them every morning which could slow one down) and then a 100 naira normal bus to Eko Hotel as I worked around that area (N100 was the same charge for Adeola Odeku). If you get to Marina late or there is rain or any other emergency the useless drivers and touts could then decide to charge N150.

Going back in the evening was always longer and more expensive but I would ususally get a bus to Costain (N100 - 150) then once in Costain a bus to Ketu ( N100- 150). Now I must say people complain about saftey in Costain during the evenings but in my 2 years of doing that journey- nothing ever happened to me.

When you are more familiar with VI you will find out that you can get straight buses to Ketu for around N150- N250 from some areas like Sanusi Fafunwa and I think Adeola Odeku and they would usually go through 3rd mainland- another route that has it's own advantages/disadvantages.

So don't be worried, your destination is popular for people living in Ketu and you'll soon devise the best means that suites you to and fro. In fact I won't be surprised that within a month you get a car buddy that you just hitch a ride with either in the mornings or evenings.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Ketu,working In Vi.how Easy Pls by AndroBlaze: 2:41pm On Feb 13, 2016
bigtt76:
I know but if you look closely I say 5am on the dot!

I've done this several times and to think that I stayed even further down from Chevron, VGC to be precise Sangotedo area. So no fears about it.

I would prefer leaving 5am from this area to leaving Mainland at same time.

I didn't argue with your 5am assertion- I feel its just overkill as I do believe in a healthy work life and real life balance.

Anyway I am one of those people who gets really angry when I think about the current situation in Lekki- probably because I remember the days of leaving VI and getting to Sangotedo in an average of 15 minutes- and that was at normal speed!!

It angers me the little attention that has been payed to that place by the State and FG while they have fully 100% exploited the people who are in my opinion unfortunate to call that place home.

1 Like

Re: Living In Ketu,working In Vi.how Easy Pls by julyb(m): 2:57pm On Feb 13, 2016
thank u all for advice. I am yet to pay the rent av tried all efforts to get a room in Yaba with my 200k to no avail. some one advise I can get a good self con at Ketu.that is y I intend to make the ketu decision. meanwhile am married with a kid.I will very much appreciate your useful suggestions. thanks
Re: Living In Ketu,working In Vi.how Easy Pls by AndroBlaze: 3:27pm On Feb 13, 2016
julyb:
thank u all for advice. I am yet to pay the rent av tried all efforts to get a room in Yaba with my 200k to no avail. some one advise I can get a good self con at Ketu.that is y I intend to make the ketu decision. meanwhile am married with a kid.I will very much appreciate your useful suggestions. thanks

Lol

Yaba is where I currently live now and though I prefer it to Ojota because it is more "lively" and more central in a way- Ojota/Ketu is far better value for money in every way.

Firstly transport fees is practically the same to VI- no saving there. Light is far worse over here in Yaba compared to the way I was spoilt in Ojota (it was like living in London after the useless ordeals one went through in Lekki, though I hear it has improved now). The savings on generator fees alone will always make me remember Ojota fondly and convenience of having stable light could mean a lot to a young family and a little child.

For the amount you have, you would have serious difficulty getting a self-con at that price in a good area in Yaba- but if you are willing to pay for 2 years and add agency (200±200+100), you can get in areas like Akoka and Fola Agoro- but Akoka is becoming something else with these useless cult boys and I would not advise this.

Anyway your 200k would get you a bigger and probably more respectable place in Ojota/Ketu and the landlords there are less greedy and willing to take 1 year rent.

From what you have said so far, I think you are on the right path with choosing the Ketu axis.

1 Like

Re: Living In Ketu,working In Vi.how Easy Pls by Latoch(m): 3:28pm On Feb 13, 2016
Please guys, how much will one spend from sangotedo to bar beach towers area of Victoria island and backwards daily. Thanks for your kind comments.
Re: Living In Ketu,working In Vi.how Easy Pls by AndroBlaze: 4:03pm On Feb 13, 2016
Latoch:
Please guys, how much will one spend from sangotedo to bar beach towers area of Victoria island and backwards daily. Thanks for your kind comments.

From Chevron area it was about N100 to get to law school- so I think from your side if you can find a straight bus it should be either N150-N200 to get to law school. From the top of Adetokunbo Ademola you should be able to get you a keke that will take you to the roundabout for N50 naira. Once at the roundabout take a bus going to Costain and tell him you are dropping at Towers. That's another N50.

Seems a bit long so another way might just be instead of dropping at law school you drop at Bonny camp (which I believe would mean paying the full fee for the CMS bus you take from lekki). Then using a keke or bus from Bonny which would only take N50 to get you to Towers.

Going home you'll find will be more straight forward as you are going with traffic.
Re: Living In Ketu,working In Vi.how Easy Pls by julyb(m): 4:11pm On Feb 13, 2016
I appreciate your contributions so far. can u link me up with any reasonable agents at ketu/ojota.I don't want the ones with big cutlass.I await your response. thanks
Re: Living In Ketu,working In Vi.how Easy Pls by bigtt76(f): 5:32pm On Feb 13, 2016
shocked 15 minutes? Shocking but not surprised. On a good day (well from 5am daily) it's roughly 30-45 minutes to Lekki Roundabout undecided

Well a new fly over is being built who knows it might be back to those days again.... maybe this time 20 minutes tongue but then lots of people would start flooding that area from Mainland grin and its back to status quo

AndroBlaze:

I didn't argue with your 5am assertion- I feel its just overkill as I do believe in a healthy work life and real life balance.

Anyway I am one of those people who gets really angry when I think about the current situation in Lekki- probably because I remember the days of leaving VI and getting to Sangotedo in an average of 15 minutes- and that was at normal speed!!

It angers me the little attention that has been payed to that place by the State and FG while they have fully 100% exploited the people who are in my opinion unfortunate to call that place home.

1 Like

Re: Living In Ketu,working In Vi.how Easy Pls by bigtt76(f): 5:38pm On Feb 13, 2016
Look through tolet.com.ng might be helpful

julyb:
I appreciate your contributions so far. can u link me up with any reasonable agents at ketu/ojota.I don't want the ones with big cutlass.I await your response. thanks
Re: Living In Ketu,working In Vi.how Easy Pls by AndroBlaze: 6:28pm On Feb 13, 2016
julyb:

Don't know of any personally in that area- but when I was house hunting I used the website which bigtt76 pointed out and others plus the nairaland property section- the agents on all of these sites tend to be the same and fair to a point. Just tell them the amount o fmoney you have and that you don't intend to go beyond that budget.

On the other hand I find that the cheapest way is always to identify someone whom you know that lives in the area you want to move to and get him to link you to the local agent as that cuts out the agent-agent middlemen that you get with these online sites.
Re: Living In Ketu,working In Vi.how Easy Pls by AndroBlaze: 6:36pm On Feb 13, 2016
bigtt76:
shocked 15 minutes? Shocking but not surprised. On a good day (well from 5am daily) it's roughly 30-45 minutes to Lekki Roundabout undecided

Well a new fly over is being built who knows it might be back to those days again.... maybe this time 20 minutes tongue but then lots of people would start flooding that area from Mainland grin and its back to status quo

Yeah 15 mins to Sangotedo was slightly stretching it but that was the norm to Ajah and enviorns in the 90's when their were less people and more importantly less roundabouts. (not to mention toll gates)......you'd simply cut across to the other side of the road to where ever you wanted to get to.

Where's the flyover being built ?? And I hope it won't be another phantom project like the coastal road.
Re: Living In Ketu,working In Vi.how Easy Pls by obajoey(m): 6:40pm On Feb 13, 2016
hello bro, I and my brother are moving out from a self-con here in ketu, we are moving into anoda apartment. The self-con is 150k a year but you have to sought some things out with agent sha oo. From my side you can get V.I direct if you wake up early and on the road by 6:am or you take a keke to estate and enter VI direct instead of wasting some minutes waiting for BRT.
Re: Living In Ketu,working In Vi.how Easy Pls by Xmen149(m): 7:30pm On Feb 13, 2016
heard u can get mini flat at 200 in ketu,..brt frm there to V.I is 30min on minimum to less traffic and 45-50 on heavy traffic,.stop at tbs pass in front of NAF and pick Adeola Odeku keke at N50......or go very early to alakpere max of 5:00AM and pick odeku bus at N100.....
Re: Living In Ketu,working In Vi.how Easy Pls by bigtt76(f): 8:36pm On Feb 13, 2016
I think from just after Ilaje settlement town so those going further would climb and by-pass those going to Ajah-Badore etc

BTW.... you've aged o! shocked 90's Dats 26 years or thereabout years ago tongue

AndroBlaze:

Yeah 15 mins to Sangotedo was slightly stretching it but that was the norm to Ajah and enviorns in the 90's when their were less people and more importantly less roundabouts. (not to mention toll gates)......you'd simply cut across to the other side of the road to where ever you wanted to get to.

Where's the flyover being built ?? And I hope it won't be another phantom project like the coastal road.
Re: Living In Ketu,working In Vi.how Easy Pls by bigtt76(f): 8:43pm On Feb 13, 2016
julyb:
OP check this offers

obajoey:
hello bro, I and my brother are moving out from a self-con here in ketu, we are moving into anoda apartment. The self-con is 150k a year but you have to sought some things out with agent sha oo. From my side you can get V.I direct if you wake up early and on the road by 6:am or you take a keke to estate and enter VI direct instead of wasting some minutes waiting for BRT. I stay around Biola here in Alapere. I just got a new job and i'm to be posted to Aba thats the reason am not retaining the room.
Re: Living In Ketu,working In Vi.how Easy Pls by bodefakorede(m): 7:03am On Feb 14, 2016
@obajoe...plz kindly send ur num.I need dat house asap
Re: Living In Ketu,working In Vi.how Easy Pls by SimpleGuy001: 8:50am On Nov 06, 2022
julyb:
I av finally decided to move to Ketu.please advise me on time to leave home.I av to get to work by 8 am at Adeola Odeku V/I.Kindly advise as I don't know my way around that axis. can I make it if I leave home by 6am.

Hello, did you end up renting in ketu? How far is it from VI? Thanks

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Know About ICSL / Who Else Got An Invite From God Is Good Motors? / Contec Global Group Job Recruitment (5 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.