Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,479 members, 7,808,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:16 PM

I Was Third On Dimka’s Death List – TY Danjuma - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Was Third On Dimka’s Death List – TY Danjuma (22860 Views)

TY Danjuma Sick, Flown Out Of Nigeria / Wanted Dimka Lured To Afikpo Due To Lust For Girlfriend / Old Photo Of General Babangida, Lt. Col Dimka And Their Coursemates As Cadets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Third On Dimka’s Death List – TY Danjuma by Nobody: 1:42pm On Feb 14, 2016
Isn't he among those profiting from oil blocks?

2 Likes

Re: I Was Third On Dimka’s Death List – TY Danjuma by Nobody: 1:43pm On Feb 14, 2016
Dimka did not complete his work of getting rid of those that would destroy Nigeria. pathetic!

2 Likes

Re: I Was Third On Dimka’s Death List – TY Danjuma by peterstech: 1:46pm On Feb 14, 2016
Re: I Was Third On Dimka’s Death List – TY Danjuma by loomer: 2:00pm On Feb 14, 2016
Everybody dey form hero now
Re: I Was Third On Dimka’s Death List – TY Danjuma by ngmgeek(m): 2:04pm On Feb 14, 2016
A sad part of our history. Nothing good to learn or know about him.

I have never admired the man pictured and never will. Nonsense lipsrsealed
Re: I Was Third On Dimka’s Death List – TY Danjuma by Nobody: 2:19pm On Feb 14, 2016
DIKEnaWAR:
God! Why did it not happen? undecided undecided

He (Danjuma) enjoined accurate record keeping to avoid distortions by those who know not what happened.

That statement is for Obasanjo who we heard was hiding under the bed somewhere in another man's home. He emerged from his hideout to tell the story better than those that witnessed it first hand. Just like he did in the civil war.

Three coups I regret their failure:

1. Nzeogwu coup of 1966: that Coup was ready to give us a clean slate in this country.

2. Dimka Coup of 1976: it was also meant to give us a clean slate and yank off the emerging power hawks within the Military.

3. Orkar Coup of 1990: that coup would have redefined Nigeria and set us on the path of true federalism or disintegration. Whichever way, we would have been better than this loosely cemented fragments called Nigeria, run like a herd of cattle.

Those were all coups by deranged elements if you read about the personalities of the persons. It's like Kanu becoming head of state of Biafra, Kanu may be the figure head of the agitation but if you study his personality you'd be doomed as a nation.
Re: I Was Third On Dimka’s Death List – TY Danjuma by davmore750(m): 2:40pm On Feb 14, 2016
My Father told me 13th feb 1976 was the 1st day I walked on my own.
Re: I Was Third On Dimka’s Death List – TY Danjuma by sukkot: 2:48pm On Feb 14, 2016
DIKEnaWAR:

He (Danjuma) enjoined accurate record keeping to avoid distortions by those who know not what happened.

That statement is for Obasanjo who we heard was hiding under the bed somewhere in another man's home. He emerged from his hideout to tell the story better than those that witnessed it first hand. Just like he did in the civil war.

1. Nzeogwu coup of 1966: that Coup was ready to give us a clean slate in this country.

2. Dimka Coup of 1976: it was also meant to give us a clean slate and yank off the emerging power hawks within the Military.

3. Orkar Coup of 1990: that coup would have redefined Nigeria and set us on the path of true federalism or disintegration. Whichever way, we would have been better than this loosely cemented fragments called Nigeria, run like a herd of cattle.
just negodu undecided

2 Likes

Re: I Was Third On Dimka’s Death List – TY Danjuma by sukkot: 2:51pm On Feb 14, 2016
plaetton:

I swear.

Sending Danjuma to hell was one big favor Dimka could have done for Nigeria.
i take it you are not a big fan of theophilus tongue
Re: I Was Third On Dimka’s Death List – TY Danjuma by plaetton: 3:01pm On Feb 14, 2016
sukkot:

Not at all , ol friend.

1 Like

Re: I Was Third On Dimka’s Death List – TY Danjuma by sukkot: 3:13pm On Feb 14, 2016
plaetton:

Not at all , ol friend.
lol yeah that dude is a thief. whats he doing with an oil bloc. trust all is well my dear friend
Re: I Was Third On Dimka’s Death List – TY Danjuma by cg053: 3:19pm On Feb 14, 2016
why is it that all bloody coups in Nigeria were led by Christians from Kaduna Nzeguo to Dimka and to Orka why all Muslims led coups were bloodless from Muritala to Babangida to Abacha? I hope someone can honestly answer this.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Third On Dimka’s Death List – TY Danjuma by ourchoice(m): 3:36pm On Feb 14, 2016
TY Danjuma being alive to see today somehow justifies the fact that this life is unfair!

Danjuma ought to have died long ago....in fact, people like:

1. TY Danjuma
2. Olusegun Obasanjo

ought to have been killed the same way they betrayed and killed their friends and fellows....but here they are acting like saints and telling biased history. Useless men....only in Nigeria are evil, corrupt, useless old men like this who ought to have died by hanging are being celebrated by useless youths! cry cry cry

5 Likes

Re: I Was Third On Dimka’s Death List – TY Danjuma by drealzum(m): 3:53pm On Feb 14, 2016
Officers from plateau were not treated like their colleagues. They were made to fetch water and cut wood. They complained to Dimka who was their senior then.
Who was Murtala Mohammed? was he not a crook? How many soldiers died under him during the civil war? Didn't he confess of robbing banks vault? How many coups was he part of? This was a Hausa man with inordinate desires. He led a coup against a Plateau man and was bias to military officers from plateau,what do you expect them to do?
Some one had to do something. It was unfortunate it was bloody but there was a need for some thing to be done and Dimka did the job. He never did it because he was interested in being the HOS.
Some people called him a charlatan and one without tact, I never doubt that. But some one had to do some thing for the future of plateau and an Ngas man in the name of Colonel Buka Suka Dimka did it.

3 Likes

Re: I Was Third On Dimka’s Death List – TY Danjuma by plaetton: 3:57pm On Feb 14, 2016
sukkot:

Not at all , ol friend.

1 Like

Re: I Was Third On Dimka’s Death List – TY Danjuma by Nobody: 4:00pm On Feb 14, 2016
Bottom line is;

When e-diots are rulling e-diots what do you expect?
Re: I Was Third On Dimka’s Death List – TY Danjuma by SegeOflo(m): 4:02pm On Feb 14, 2016
Hmmmmmmmmm! But I read in this script where buhari said Danjuma called and enquired from him about the happenings in Lagos by calling his name Mohammed! So when did that MOHAMMED now changed to MUHAMMADU?? Abi that's one of the change this regime is talking about ni!!!!!!
Re: I Was Third On Dimka’s Death List – TY Danjuma by LLKJSays(m): 4:06pm On Feb 14, 2016
Gen T.Y Danjuma Retired,but you are MOST DEFINITELY an ACTIVE Naira BILLIONAIRE,

And Will do well to Establish Affordable Schools and or Hospitals etc etc
[through a Charitable Foundation,perhaps?]to Alleviate 'my Peoples' Suffering!?
Not just for future Tv programme or this kind of 'talk shop' Anniversary Symposia.

Oga 'Spread the Love,ie Ego' that you have Confirmed yourself,you've got in ABUNDANCE.
in providing some Lasting Legacies to 'ease my peoples Suffering and NOT much Smilling'
Same old- No Water,Lighty,Food or House-for the Working Class man/Woman...

P.S
Wretched Colonialist like Cecil Rhodes of Rhodesia...
left Millions of he's ill-got Loot to fund Education in S.A |& Oxford England.
Re: I Was Third On Dimka’s Death List – TY Danjuma by piemei(m): 4:08pm On Feb 14, 2016
Noted, next.
Re: I Was Third On Dimka’s Death List – TY Danjuma by odehman: 4:16pm On Feb 14, 2016
Alertz3:
Testimony time. T Y is one of luckiest guy in the Naija military setting. For a guy that betrayed and masterminded his boss's death leading to pogrom and civil war, escaping assasination , retiring meritoriously and in the twilight of age getting oil well for free and thereby making so much money without stress. I think what is left for him now is to draw near to God and just like zacheus make restitutions and prepared to meet the LORD.
bro you are right.. danjuma master minded the counter coup that killed general ironsi .danjuma successful carried out that coup with the help of murtala Muhammad all in the bid to retaliate the coup carried out by Ibo officers that crippled the government of nnamdi azikiwe and tafawa balewa led by major nzogwu. another bloodless coup was plotted to remove general gowon with the help of danjuma and murtala. dimkas coup was also in retaliation to the removal of his tribal brother gowon but didn't go well. tho murtala mearnt well but he died by the sword and the lucky ass danjuma still lives tho alot of Nigerians don't no how relevant danjuma is to Nigerian politics. more relevant than obasanjo. the man prefers to be at the background to dictate the pace. he is behind almost every government after the coup he plotted to remove ironsi

1 Like

Re: I Was Third On Dimka’s Death List – TY Danjuma by NaMe4: 4:23pm On Feb 14, 2016
cg053:
why is it that all bloody coups in Nigeria were led by Christians from Kaduna Nzeguo to Dimka and to Orka why all Muslims led coups were bloodless from Muritala to Babangida to Abacha? I hope someone can honestly answer this.

Did you also notice that none of the 'bloody' ones was successful? Hmmmmmm.

1 Like

Re: I Was Third On Dimka’s Death List – TY Danjuma by Nobody: 7:08pm On Feb 14, 2016
plaetton:

I swear.

Sending Danjuma to hell was one big favor Dimka could have done for Nigeria.

So u think ur justified in hating danjuma - because he killed aguiyi ironsi but northerners like danjuma were not justified in hating aguiyi ironsi & the igbo officers for killing ahmadu bello. Ecspecially since ur side drew first blood. You igbos will always be colour blind. Wake up!

You better move on from hatred. It gets u nowhere but cycles of meaningless retaliations. If vietnam and japan had continued to hold on to everything america did to them and their countries during world war 2 and the vietnam war, they would be nowhere today. They are american allies today and dont even like to talk about the past. Kontinu!

2 Likes

Re: I Was Third On Dimka’s Death List – TY Danjuma by gartamanta: 7:36pm On Feb 14, 2016
Nigeria is a strange country. How can anyone explain how a man like Danjuma who went and kidnapped Fajuyi who was the Military Governor of western Nigeria and Ironsi who was the head of state, tortured both men and executed them but this same muderous Danjuma is relevant in Nigerian soceity? How can someone kill a head of state and get away with it simply because he is a 'northerner'? Chei!! Nigeria has a very long way to go.

If it was a civiised country like America or Britain, Danjuma would have been in jail a long time ago for committing murder. But it's Nigeria we are talking about.................

1 Like

Re: I Was Third On Dimka’s Death List – TY Danjuma by plaetton: 7:57pm On Feb 14, 2016
janellemonae:

So u think ur justified in hating danjuma - because he killed aguiyi ironsi but northerners like danjuma were not justified in hating aguiyi ironsi & the igbo officers for killing ahmadu bello. Ecspecially since ur side drew first blood. You igbos will always be colour blind. Wake up!

You better move on from hatred. It gets u nowhere but cycles of meaningless retaliations. If vietnam and japan had continued to hold on to everything america did to them and their countries during world war 2 and the vietnam war, they would be nowhere today. They are american allies today and dont even like to talk about the past. Kontinu!

Read your post again and tell me how it made sense.

So Danjuma is justified in mutiny against his boss, murdering him in cold blood because of the sins of others?
And that is OK with you?

Have you ever met an Igbo person that justified the bloody of 1966 coup?
The coup was not directed against the named Northern leaders. It was not tribally motivated. In fact, ojukwu and Aguiyi Ironsi were penciled to be killed as well, but an accident of history made it distorted their plans and made appear so.

The millions of IBO people did not send their sons to kill Northern leaders, neither did they voice their support for it.
The 1966 coupist actually wanted to install Awolowo as president because of his visionary ideas.

I am shocked that, in this day and age, you can justify the cold blooded murder of Aguiyi Ironsi and tens of thousands of Igbos for the crimes of less than ten coupist from southeast, Midwest and even Western regions.

Well then, can you see that we cannot ever have something in common?

Can you see why we still loath to be tethered with people like you that think and murder in less than human terms ?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Third On Dimka’s Death List – TY Danjuma by stonemasonn: 10:55pm On Feb 14, 2016
cg053:
One of 2 reasons: Either because Tafawa/Murtala/Babangida won't step aside without a fight or because Nzegwu/Dimka/Orka were junior officers trying to bring down a whole regime.

3 Likes

Re: I Was Third On Dimka’s Death List – TY Danjuma by Nobody: 12:18am On Feb 15, 2016
plaetton:

Read your post again and tell me how it made sense.

So Danjuma is justified in mutiny against his boss, murdering him in cold blood because of the sins of others?
And that is OK with you?

Have you ever met an Igbo person that justified the bloody of 1966 coup?
The coup was not directed against the named Northern leaders. It was not tribally motivated. In fact, ojukwu and Aguiyi Ironsi were penciled to be killed as well, but an accident of history made it distorted their plans and made appear so.

The millions of IBO people did not send their sons to kill Northern leaders, neither did they voice their support for it.
The 1966 coupist actually wanted to install Awolowo as president because of his visionary ideas.

I am shocked that, in this day and age, you can justify the cold blooded murder of Aguiyi Ironsi and tens of thousands of Igbos for the crimes of less than ten coupist from southeast, Midwest and even Western regions.

Well then, can you see that we cannot ever have something in common?

Can you see why we still loath to be tethered with people like you that think and murder in less than human terms ?

Install awolowo ko, reform awolowo nii! Lmao! Actually millions of igbo voiced their support for the 1966 IGBO coup. You cant rewrite history. If u have the right to hold a grudge for massacres, the north also has a right to hold a grudge for massacres.

Now i see u have completely IGNORED the point of the post. If the japanese can move on from hiroshima & nagasaki dt affected generations unborn and called the US allies 20yrs after, why cant igbos move on from a self-imposed war. You can keep roasting in hate, doesnt bother me anyhow.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Third On Dimka’s Death List – TY Danjuma by afoobabs(m): 1:06am On Feb 15, 2016
criminalmindz:
Look at them all criminalz. Murtala was one of the major cause of nigerias problem. He destroyed the unity of this country with that bloody counter coup, those who live by the gun must die by the gun. GOD allowed dimka to get rid of the rubbish , wish he got TY.
so u dont expect a counter coup u think they would av left u biafrans/betrayers at the helms of the country' affairs. Btw why did u lead the first coup why do u have to overthrowned a democratically elected govt. U went ahead and kill all the hausas and yorubas sparing ur own kin forgeting that he who laugh last laugh best do u think hausas are bastards they will have u killed thier kin and wont retaliate or avenge them. Sorry is ur name

2 Likes

Re: I Was Third On Dimka’s Death List – TY Danjuma by Uten9z(m): 1:13am On Feb 15, 2016
WhoRUDeceiving:
Danjuma knows his time is near and is trying to smuggle himself into heaven. He will fail. Oga, what happened to Ironsi your senior and GOC? Why did you decide to activity cause the civil war because of greed? Look at your country today and that of England that toyed with you and Gowon. They have airline, steady light, hospitals, schools, etc, and your people are there suffering, some looking at going to UK or Yankee for medical treatment or for blue passport.

Nonsense
base on the facts, 1966 coup by Ironsi(of cus he denied part in it) which eluded Nigerian 1st prime minister Sir Ahmadu and brought about mockery and suppression of The Northers and Northern armies in the barracks which then lived in fear and humiliation by their victors(the Ironsi's) Promoted they young officers to act and dear their northern seniors to their faces in treat to take them along if they refused to act on the mata, this is as the result of injustice and treatments they young Nr. army received. By the time Ironsi failed in his promise to court Marshall and prosecute the coup members as he promised in other to sanitize the miss ill amongst the army even though by then some part of the north are already fighting the treats of the ppl harassing them with songs and paintings of thier Amire. To save the situation of Araba, Amarya became necessary and unfortunatly for Ironsi Ibadon was picked to size him following his injustice and in ability to prosecute and relieve the tense on the army, TY Danjuma was from abe outa and haven't been there he arested the situation and strategies it ably in order to arrest Ironsi and deliver him Ironsi and His second alive but agrieved low ranking officer could not allow him keep that promise as the sized him Ironsi from TY Danjuma.
so that is neva a betrayal but bravity, Cus had it been Ironsi survive as is plan ........

"comeon"! the Gen TY. Deserve more for his effort for this nation and he is still on doing so in as much as u disregard this, and if like u rightly said he make his ways clean with God like every one of us men most added with all the good and ease he give the poor etc, He will still be occuping Big mansion in heaven while u still hate and castigated unrepentantly from heLl.

1 Like

Re: I Was Third On Dimka’s Death List – TY Danjuma by afoobabs(m): 1:13am On Feb 15, 2016
DIKEnaWAR:

3. Orkar Coup of 1990: that coup would have redefined Nigeria and set us on the path of true federalism or disintegration. Whichever way, we would have been better than this loosely cemented fragments called Nigeria, run like a herd of cattle. 4. You did nt regret vasta mamman failed coup bcus it dosnt favor republic of biafra typical of you flat heads twisting history to suit ur own purpose
Re: I Was Third On Dimka’s Death List – TY Danjuma by afoobabs(m): 1:36am On Feb 15, 2016
gartamanta:
Nigeria is a strange country. How can anyone explain how a man like Danjuma who went and kidnapped Fajuyi who was the Military Governor of western Nigeria and Ironsi who was the head of state, tortured both men and executed them but this same muderous Danjuma is relevant in Nigerian soceity? How can someone kill a head of state and get away with it simply because he is a 'northerner'? Chei!! Nigeria has a very long way to go.

If it was a civiised country like America or Britain, Danjuma would have been in jail a long time ago for committing murder. But it's Nigeria we are talking about.................
u sounding like as if ironsi govt was a democratic one they got there by coup they also kill to attain that post and dont forget they tried to kill him (danjuma) too like he said but dimka failed so no hard feelings and as for adekunle fajuyi he is a man of honour the coupist has no issue with him but he prefer die first than to hand ironsi of over to them. Bcus if he has don that ppl like u would have put hin on ur hate list smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Third On Dimka’s Death List – TY Danjuma by wink2015(m): 2:38am On Feb 15, 2016
Why is Danjuma still being given federal government jobs by President Buhari inspite of all the money he has made from government right from the late 60s.

Position that his grand child is suppose to occupy Danjuma is still justling to seize it at any given time.

Just like the IDP Camp job Buhari has given him.

Meanwhile, Danjuma is believed to own oil blocs a federal government properties that lies in the Niger delta.
Re: I Was Third On Dimka’s Death List – TY Danjuma by plaetton: 7:18am On Feb 15, 2016
janellemonae:

Install awolowo ko, reform awolowo nii! Lmao! Actually millions of igbo voiced their support for the 1966 IGBO coup. You cant rewrite history. If u have the right to hold a grudge for massacres, the north also has a right to hold a grudge for massacres.

Now i see u have completely IGNORED the point of the post. If the japanese can move on from hiroshima & nagasaki dt affected generations unborn and called the US allies 20yrs after, why cant igbos move on from a self-imposed war. You can keep roasting in hate, doesnt bother me anyhow.

You missed the point.

Igbos have obviously moved on, but it appears that people like you haven't.
After all, my opinion was about Danjuma, not the entire Northern population.

But You, in response to my personal opinion, attacked the entire Igbo race.

So who amongst us has a tribal chip on his shoulder? undecided
You Hypocrite!

I cannot hold a grudge against a Northerner today for the events of 1967, but I have the right to be weary and distrustful. After all, northerners have , even long after the war, found flimsy reasons to wantonly kill Igbos.
This is a fact that you cannot dispute.

But the issue here is that Danjuma committed treason and murder. It doesn't matter whether he is a Northerner or middleBelter.
In saner civilizations, he would have been held accountable long ago.

I have the right to bear a grudge against a coupist, mutineer and murderer whose actions lef to, and encouraged the genocide of my people, and pinned us against the Wall.

We should not be celebrating such scums of the Earth.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Imo APC: Setback As Court Stops Two Candidates from tomorrow's elections / Currency Printing: APC Governors Knock Obaseki, PDP Governors Fire Back / Police Arrest Inspector Shooting For Fun In Lagos Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.