Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,440 members, 7,808,577 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:39 PM

About Using 'veet' Hair Removal Cream For Shaving - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / About Using 'veet' Hair Removal Cream For Shaving (11150 Views)

All You Need To Know About Using Maggots In Healing Wounds (PHOTOS) / Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns! / Why You Must Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

About Using 'veet' Hair Removal Cream For Shaving by Nobody: 9:58am On Feb 14, 2016
I think it may be safe for me to assume that a fair amount of Nigerians who get abrasions from using shaving sticks would rather go for hair removal creams.
The problem now is the product I've found most Nigerians use is the 'veet' hair removal cream.
but should we be using it for shaving pubic hair? No.

Reasons
1) it's stated clearly on the pack
" Not suitable for use on head, face, eyes, nose, ears, around the genitals and niples or any other body parts"

2) why go through unnecessary pain? - it felt exactly like applying relaxer on one's hair. Peeing after a shaving session is just....

3) it doesn't necessarily remove all hair: to leave it on for long is to be able to withstand excruciating pain. More so we aren't supposed to let it anywhere near the sensitive/ inner parts of the genitals. But one sure can use a shaving stick to get all areas.

4) it smells horribly

5) it's dangerous if it ever gets into one's privates

there are three dvantages to it however and they are:

A) it leaves no after shave bump, cuts and abrasions
B) it leaves the skin smooth hence no worries about hair ingrowth
C) shaving this way lasts longer- hair regrowth is delayed.

just sharing from my experience. I've heard some don't react to it though.

Re: About Using 'veet' Hair Removal Cream For Shaving by LoremIpsum: 10:11am On Feb 14, 2016
So what do you propose?
Besides, you don't expect men to use shaving stick on their one-inch-layered delicate scrotum. That's risky!

Again, it's not peculiar to Veet to smell horribly; most, if not all shaving creams/powders, smell so bad as well.

That notwithstanding, I'd rather bear the smell and "pain" of my Magic Crown shaving powder than give myself bumps using shaving sticks or clippers.
Re: About Using 'veet' Hair Removal Cream For Shaving by Nobody: 10:56am On Feb 14, 2016
LoremIpsum:
So what do you propose?
Besides, you don't expect men to use shaving stick on their one-inch-layered delicate scrotum. That's risky!

Again, it's not peculiar to Veet to smell horribly; most, if not all shaving creams/powders, smell so bad as well.

That notwithstanding, I'd rather bear the smell and "pain" of my Magic Crown shaving powder than give myself bumps using shaving sticks or clippers.
well, let's just hope the cosmetologists come up with a safer and more converconvenient alternative. For the mean time, use if you can bear the negatives.
Re: About Using 'veet' Hair Removal Cream For Shaving by balash(m): 9:57am On Feb 24, 2016
Never been a fan of all this weird new generation innovations, cause most times they don't wait for aftermath results before sending it to the world. I will stay with my shaving sticks mhen. At least am safer
Re: About Using 'veet' Hair Removal Cream For Shaving by manitobor(m): 11:01am On Feb 24, 2016
Waxing is the best method I've discovered for removing hair from the body semi permanently. It removes the hair from the roots.
The benefits include 1. Very smooth skin after removal of hair 2. No bumps and no ingrown hairs after hair removal. 3. The most important is that your skin remains free from hair for up to a month or more depending on the kind of hair you have. 4. You can wax virtually any part of you body where hair grows. Except the eye lashes for obvious reasons.

I used to battle shaving bumps until I discovered waxing. I'm so happy I've adopted waxing. I used to shave my beard every 2 days which adds up to 15 times a month with the resultant bumps, but now I wax my beard and it'll remain hairless and smooth for close to a month. Imagine only having to remove your hairs once a month. Waxing makes the hairs that grows afterwards to be noticeably soft and less in volume. I used to have coarse hair on my chin but since I adopted waxing, after a month the hair that grows is usually less and very soft. The beard area is one of harder places to wax for a beginner and it too me a long time to get the hang of it, I'm a pro now. I now look clean shaven all the time. grin

The downside tho to waxing is that it can be a little painful for a first-timer. But in subsequent sessions the pain becomes considerably less.
Re: About Using 'veet' Hair Removal Cream For Shaving by Nobody: 6:34pm On Feb 24, 2016
manitobor:
Waxing is the best method I've discovered for removing hair from the body semi permanently. It removes the hair from the roots.
The benefits include 1. Very smooth skin after removal of hair 2. No bumps and no ingrown hairs after hair removal. 3. The most important is that your skin remains free from hair for up to a month or more depending on the kind of hair you have. 4. You can wax virtually any part of you body where hair grows. Except the eye lashes for obvious reasons.

I used to battle shaving bumps until I discovered waxing. I'm so happy I've adopted waxing. I used to shave my beard every 2 days which adds up to 15 times a month with the resultant bumps, but now I wax my beard and it'll remain hairless and smooth for close to a month. Imagine only having to remove your hairs once a month. Waxing makes the hairs that grows afterwards to be noticeably soft and less in volume. I used to have coarse hair on my chin but since I adopted waxing, after a month the hair that grows is usually less and very soft. The beard area is one of harder places to wax for a beginner and it too me a long time to get the hang of it, I'm a pro now. I now look clean shaven all the time. grin

The downside tho to waxing is that it can be a little painful for a first-timer. But in subsequent sessions the pain becomes considerably less.
waxing always comes with the pain whether first time or more.

1 Like

Re: About Using 'veet' Hair Removal Cream For Shaving by Nobody: 6:35pm On Feb 24, 2016
balash:
Never been a fan of all this weird new generation innovations, cause most times they don't wait for aftermath results before sending it to the world. I will stay with my shaving sticks mhen. At least am safer
why are you using an internet enabled phone then bro?
Please do go back to your beloved Nokia 3310 o

3 Likes

Re: About Using 'veet' Hair Removal Cream For Shaving by manitobor(m): 7:36pm On Feb 24, 2016
enieme:

waxing always comes with the pain whether first time or more.

I repeat, the pain is considerably less after the first time.

Keep damaging your skin with harsh depilatory chemicals that cause premature greying of hair, the choice is yours.
Re: About Using 'veet' Hair Removal Cream For Shaving by chinnyonwu(m): 11:11pm On Feb 24, 2016
Veet smells horrible. But i have few options.
Re: About Using 'veet' Hair Removal Cream For Shaving by balash(m): 12:02am On Feb 25, 2016
enieme:

why are you using an internet enabled phone then bro?
Please do go back to your beloved Nokia 3310 o

Haha nutty. U
Re: About Using 'veet' Hair Removal Cream For Shaving by Josoto: 5:55pm On Oct 04, 2022
I know it's a little too old fot the reply on this topic, but girls, do you remove hair on your nipples? What do you use?
Re: About Using 'veet' Hair Removal Cream For Shaving by Quinton45: 5:57pm On Oct 04, 2022
Josoto:
I know it's a little too old fot the reply on this topic, but girls, do you remove hair on your nipples? What do you use?
I too believe that a woman should take care of herself in order to maintain her health and be happier. And if it includes getting rid of your nipple hair then do it! When I had a back operation I couldn’t shave my lower part of the body and I felt so insecure and ugly. My husband, fortunately, understood my situation and mood. One evening he just came to me with a laser hair removal device. It was a lumive hair apparatus that helps you eliminate the hair, especially dark thick hair. He helped me during the first two times and after that, I realized it’s quite handy to use it myself, and I did so. Worked just like a miracle.

(1) (Reply)

Panic Attacks : All You Need To Know / China Approves Needle-Free, Inhaled Version Of COVID-19 Vaccine / One Good Achievement As A Nigerian Don Discovers Cure For Diabetes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.