Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,472 members, 7,781,370 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:19 PM

How A Snake Destroyed My Lap Top - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How A Snake Destroyed My Lap Top (1097 Views)

The Danger In Having Your Laptop On Your Lap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How A Snake Destroyed My Lap Top by Henovy: 12:23pm On Feb 14, 2016
This incident happened some years ago (I think in year 2009 or 2010) and I have since learnt my lesson. I was the MD of my establishment and my residence was situated within the premises. There was this day I was returning to my house after a hard day's job carrying my bag. My house has this big tree at the frontage with a grass lawn around it. A lawn mower always kept it low though. As I approached the house, a snake was right on path(my right of way!) I looked around for a weapon but there was none in sight. Then I realized that my bag which was very heavy was right in my hand. That instinct to deal with this intruder got the better part of me and Gbam, I hit it. It tried to escape and I landed a second one and then a final one sent the serpent to it's early grave. It was at this moment that I realized that my lap top was in my bag. OMG! I was secretly wishing that nothing will happen to my ''jalope'' lap top but it was too late. Not only did I lose the screen, the hinges became dysfunctional. I managed to change the screen and I continued to use it but for now, it's in my archive. The specs? Wait for this: windows XP, 500MB ram X 2(DDR 1), 60G hard disk(IDE), single processor etc. And the make Acer Travelmate 4400! Do you have a similar experience even though not by a snake?
Re: How A Snake Destroyed My Lap Top by lanre316: 12:55pm On Feb 14, 2016
An animal lost his life through you and you lost your laptop. Which loss is greater. Some other snake relatives of the one you killed are probably still weeping over their lost one and you're here lamenting over just a laptop that you can replace tommorow. Get some perspective bro, will you?

2 Likes

Re: How A Snake Destroyed My Lap Top by Donald3d(m): 1:01pm On Feb 14, 2016
The most important thing is that the snake died, if its was the other way round , you wont have typed this here, i need to carry a laptop and a bag from now on anywhere i go #DefenceMechanism grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How A Snake Destroyed My Lap Top by Henovy: 1:08pm On Feb 14, 2016
lanre316:
An animal lost his life through you and you lost your laptop. Which loss is greater. Some other snake relatives of the one you killed are probably still weeping over their lost one and you're here lamenting over just a laptop that you can replace tommorow. Get some perspective bro, will you?
It's just fun posting this kind of thing on NL, my friend or do you have snakes as pets. If Seun were to post what you just posted, I will gladly apologize because he is a lover of pets. What perspective are you talking about? The bible says you will bruise it's head and it well strike your heel! Please learn to embrace humour.
Re: How A Snake Destroyed My Lap Top by Nobody: 6:13pm On Feb 14, 2016
Henovy:
This incident happened some years ago (I think in year 2009 or 2010) and I have since learnt my lesson. I was the MD of my establishment and my residence was situated within the premises. There was this day I was returning to my house after a hard day's job carrying my bag. My house has this big tree at the frontage with a grass lawn around it. A lawn mower always kept it low though. As I approached the house, a snake was right on path(my right of way!) I looked around for a weapon but there was none in sight. Then I realized that my bag which was very heavy was right in my hand. That instinct to deal with this intruder got the better part of me and Gbam, I hit it. It tried to escape and I landed a second one and then a final one sent the serpent to it's early grave. It was at this moment that I realized that my lap top was in my bag. OMG! I was secretly wishing that nothing will happen to my ''jalope'' lap top but it was too late. Not only did I lose the screen, the hinges became dysfunctional. I managed to change the screen and I continued to use it but for now, it's in my archive. The specs? Wait for this: windows XP, 500MB ram X 2(DDR 1), 60G hard disk(IDE), single processor etc. And the make Acer Travelmate 4400! Do you have a similar experience even though not by a snake?
Life first, bro! If this thing happens again (God forbid), if it means using another laptop on it, please bros, do it! It's better we lose material things than our lives
Re: How A Snake Destroyed My Lap Top by Phemmygbl(m): 7:20pm On Feb 14, 2016
grin
Re: How A Snake Destroyed My Lap Top by Henovy: 7:34pm On Feb 14, 2016
DavidGodwin:

Life first, bro! If this thing happens again (God forbid), if it means using another laptop on it, please bros, do it! It's better we lose material things than our lives
Thanks, bro. It was not just the lap top that was in the bag, books also, hence it was heavy. I have learnt a lesson sha. Next time I will ''mobilize'' to get a suitable weapon for the intruding reptile.
Re: How A Snake Destroyed My Lap Top by ErasmusCOMP: 3:26pm On Feb 18, 2016
grin They say safety first. You considered safety of your life (irreplaceable) to the replaceable laptop.
Re: How A Snake Destroyed My Lap Top by Kreamie(m): 4:12pm On Feb 18, 2016
Better safe than sorry...The laptop came to good use

(1) (Reply)

A BUSINESS Partner..........need A Steady Supply Of UK Used Laptop / How Much For Dell Inspiron 3521 Screen + Keyboard / Please I Got 20k, I Need A Good Laptop Even If Its Mini

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.