Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,437 members, 7,801,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:03 AM

Catholic Bishops Attack Father Mbaka For Anti-jonathan Prophecies. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Bishops Attack Father Mbaka For Anti-jonathan Prophecies. (35089 Views)

Father Mbaka Attacks Buhari: 'Disaster Is Coming, Angels Warming Up For You' / Father Mbaka’s Curse On Bishop Obinna And Okorocha Has Come To Pass / Father Mbaka: "Why Atiku Should Be President Of Nigeria In 2019" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Catholic Bishops Attack Father Mbaka For Anti-jonathan Prophecies. by PhockPhockMan: 6:55pm On Feb 14, 2016

The Catholic Bishops Conference of Nigeria, CBCN, has condemned the recent criticism of its decision to transfer a Priest of its Enugu Diocese, Ejike Mbaka.
Mr. Mbaka was transferred from his former parish, Christ the Kind, to Our lady’s Parish Emene, in the same diocese.
The transfer of the priest from his parish of over a decade, where he introduced the popular Adoration-prayer Ministries Enugu, Nigeria (AMEN) met with various criticisms from those who regarded it as a punitive measure by the church against Mr. Mbaka.
Critics had at various points attributed the transfer to Mr. Mbaka’s repeated sermons where he condemned the administration of former President Goodluck Jonathan, and proclaimed a revelation that the former President will lose the 2015 presidential election.
Mr. Mbaka had not only stated ahead of the 2015 election that Mr. Jonathan would lose, but condemned the former president’s performance in office particularly on corruption matters.
When Mr. Jonathan lost in the election, Mr. Mbaka’s courage was praised by President Muhammadu Buhari, who received the priest at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
The fiery priest’s subsequent transfer was condemned by critics including the South East chapter of Nigeria’s ruling party, APC, who claimed Mr. Mbaka was being victimised.
In its earlier reaction to controversies trailing the transfer, Secretary-General of the Catholic Secretariat of Nigeria, Ralph Madu, told PREMIUM TIMES that the transfer is a “normal church procedure.”
Addressing the church at its opening session of the CBCN on Sunday, President of the Conference, Ignatius Kaigama, condemned Mr. Mbaka’s prophecies stressing that the church and particularly its priests and leaders must avoid the what he regarded as the “melodramatic displays that resembles modern broadway shows.”
“Those priests who tend to compete with so-called trendy pastors to dream dreams, see visions and utter prophecies are reminded that not all dreams, visions and prophecies are revelations from God.
“They are sometimes the product of one’s psychological disposition, brain waves or even the result of mental fatigue and should not be confused with absolute reality,” said Mr. Kaigama, a bishop.
He called on leaders in all facets of the nation to work for the unity of Nigeria.
“We need to think positively about the Nigerian project and act in a manner that builds rather than destroys,” he stated.
Also in his brief remark at the introduction of guests, the Assistant Secretary General of the CBCN and Bishop of Ekiti Diocese, Felix Ajakaiye, said, “When I am transferred I am transferred; no sensation should be attached.”
Speaking earlier at the sermon, during the opening mass, Bishop of Abuja Arch Diocese, John Onaiyekan, said Nigerians have a right to be angry at the ‘criminal corruption,’ which led to diversion of funds meant for the purchase of arms, stressing that it is the hope of all well meaning Nigerians that such fraudulent acts are now a thing of the past.
“Our gallant troops must never again be left with inadequate resources to carry out the dangerous acts imposed on them on our behalf,” he said.
Mr. Onaiyekan called on the current administration to keep up its legal efforts to thoroughly investigate the crimes of the past, transparently prosecute accused persons and hold the guilty accountable according to the law.
He reiterated his earlier call for collaboration with the church and religious bodies in the effort to bring about a transformation of minds and action by Nigerians.
As part of its annual practice, Mr. Onaiyekan said the CBCN will make suggestions at the end of its session on January 17, on ways to move the nation forward.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/198421-catholic-bishops-attack-father-mbaka-anti-jonathan-prophecies.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Catholic Bishops Attack Father Mbaka For Anti-jonathan Prophecies. by INTROVERT(f): 6:55pm On Feb 14, 2016
Let sleeping dogs lie. Jonathan is enjoying retirement, Bubb is enjoying power and fr. Mama is enjoying his new post.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Catholic Bishops Attack Father Mbaka For Anti-jonathan Prophecies. by funkyibodude(m): 7:03pm On Feb 14, 2016
Can't Mbaka STFU, this deranged priest sef undecided

13 Likes

Re: Catholic Bishops Attack Father Mbaka For Anti-jonathan Prophecies. by IGBOPRINCE: 7:05pm On Feb 14, 2016
The past cannot be forgotten easily.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholic Bishops Attack Father Mbaka For Anti-jonathan Prophecies. by PhockPhockMan: 7:29pm On Feb 14, 2016
IGBOPRINCE:
The past cannot be forgotten easily.

Not so easily.

Lalasticlala, obinoscopy.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Catholic Bishops Attack Father Mbaka For Anti-jonathan Prophecies. by PhockPhockMan: 8:30pm On Feb 14, 2016
INTROVERT:
Let sleeping dogs lie. Jonathan is enjoying retirement, Bubb is enjoying power and fr. Mama is enjoying his new post.

Ha ha ha ha ha.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Bishops Attack Father Mbaka For Anti-jonathan Prophecies. by Liamm(m): 9:49pm On Feb 14, 2016
Erm.... It's late night and it's been long I did this(booking space).
I'll reserve this space. Will come back to comment tomorrow....

I'm so exhausted right now.. .. have been in church since 6am. Guess you know my reason(s) wink

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Bishops Attack Father Mbaka For Anti-jonathan Prophecies. by sukkot: 9:49pm On Feb 14, 2016
cheesy
Re: Catholic Bishops Attack Father Mbaka For Anti-jonathan Prophecies. by Nobody: 9:50pm On Feb 14, 2016
Ok

1 Like

Re: Catholic Bishops Attack Father Mbaka For Anti-jonathan Prophecies. by makazona(m): 9:50pm On Feb 14, 2016
They will always add a new twist to this story soteeeee....
Happy valentine'sine's day to my one n only Fainaline. Our love is 4eva kiss
Re: Catholic Bishops Attack Father Mbaka For Anti-jonathan Prophecies. by nwakibie3(m): 9:50pm On Feb 14, 2016
T

1 Like

Re: Catholic Bishops Attack Father Mbaka For Anti-jonathan Prophecies. by Nobody: 9:52pm On Feb 14, 2016
Ok, only the Bishop of Abuja Archdiocese made great remarks in this conference.

Jonathan sef cry

1 Like

Re: Catholic Bishops Attack Father Mbaka For Anti-jonathan Prophecies. by missKiffy(f): 9:53pm On Feb 14, 2016
This story has made frontpage b4 nah BT with a different heading I think
Re: Catholic Bishops Attack Father Mbaka For Anti-jonathan Prophecies. by spotusOMAR: 9:53pm On Feb 14, 2016
Wallahi aboki na truth una talk wallahi grin
Re: Catholic Bishops Attack Father Mbaka For Anti-jonathan Prophecies. by emmabest2000(m): 9:53pm On Feb 14, 2016
Una never tired of mbaka's tori e-kwa ?

Re: Catholic Bishops Attack Father Mbaka For Anti-jonathan Prophecies. by Nobody: 9:55pm On Feb 14, 2016
Markieee:
Buhari why ;?
Lol
BTW thunder fire the left nyash of the mode Wey block me..
If others talk about igbo tribe, then its cool but when we igbos talk about other tribes it becomes a taboo even to the extent of Making a rule here on nairaland.
God is watching you guys on 200HD..
God bless Igbo
God bless Anambra
Proudly Igbo..
Block me again and God go treat your case..
Lazy eediots

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholic Bishops Attack Father Mbaka For Anti-jonathan Prophecies. by lordcyl3(m): 9:56pm On Feb 14, 2016
pls leave fr.mbaka alone.. let God pass d final judgement
Re: Catholic Bishops Attack Father Mbaka For Anti-jonathan Prophecies. by Ucheosefoh(m): 9:57pm On Feb 14, 2016
Salvation should be the trademark of every church.
Re: Catholic Bishops Attack Father Mbaka For Anti-jonathan Prophecies. by Nobody: 9:58pm On Feb 14, 2016
Re: Catholic Bishops Attack Father Mbaka For Anti-jonathan Prophecies. by Okijajuju1(m): 9:59pm On Feb 14, 2016
Which kind yeye nonsense be this wan?

So father Mbama should not speak what the Lord has revealed to him? angry

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Catholic Bishops Attack Father Mbaka For Anti-jonathan Prophecies. by Elobyte: 9:59pm On Feb 14, 2016
Fr mbaka is a typical nigerian politician in a priest garment

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholic Bishops Attack Father Mbaka For Anti-jonathan Prophecies. by Nobody: 10:00pm On Feb 14, 2016
Spreads mat
Re: Catholic Bishops Attack Father Mbaka For Anti-jonathan Prophecies. by TLisieux: 10:01pm On Feb 14, 2016
ThuggerBaby:
Politics in the Church of Satan?===Interesting undecided
Watch your language. So your church is the 'Godly' church? Continue.

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Bishops Attack Father Mbaka For Anti-jonathan Prophecies. by Yksoul(m): 10:03pm On Feb 14, 2016
MAKE THEM FREE THIS PRIEST I BEG.ONE OF THE KILLERS OF GEJ
Re: Catholic Bishops Attack Father Mbaka For Anti-jonathan Prophecies. by kelvyn7: 10:04pm On Feb 14, 2016
Liamm:
Erm.... It's late night and it's been long I did this(booking space).
I'll reserve this space. Will come back to comment tomorrow....

I'm so exhausted right now.. .. have been in church since 6am. Guess you know my reason(s) wink

YEAH, BECAUSE TODAYS IS SUNDAY AND U HAVE TO BE IN CHURCH cheesy

1 Like

Re: Catholic Bishops Attack Father Mbaka For Anti-jonathan Prophecies. by ChappyChase: 10:06pm On Feb 14, 2016
Markieee:
Buhari why ;?
Lol
BTW thunder fire the left nyash of the mode Wey block me..
If others talk about igbo tribe, then its cool but when we igbos talk about other tribes it becomes a taboo even to the extent of Making a rule here on nairaland.
God is watching you guys on 200HD..
God bless Igbo
God bless Anambra
Proudly Igbo..
Block me again and God go treat your case..
Lazy eediots

Broda you dey hash oo,,,

1 Like

Re: Catholic Bishops Attack Father Mbaka For Anti-jonathan Prophecies. by IYANGBALI: 10:07pm On Feb 14, 2016
its 22.30 i am yet to see my boo that promised to take me out for a dinner. Valentine's day don dey finish o

my boo where is you?i hope not with vickyrotex,aminat508 or rokiatu?
Re: Catholic Bishops Attack Father Mbaka For Anti-jonathan Prophecies. by love23a: 10:09pm On Feb 14, 2016
Ck

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oyedepo: 'Plateau Killings, There Is An Islamization Agenda, War Looming'(Video) / Apostle Suleman Prophesied That INEC Would Shift Presidential Election (video) / Saint Dikeji Miyerijesu Nigeria's First Saint Ordained By God!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.