Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,558 members, 7,809,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:28 PM

Flower Design Work In Nigeria: An Unappreciated Profession? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Flower Design Work In Nigeria: An Unappreciated Profession? (951 Views)

Sack Looming In Nigerian Banks - 5 Things To Do Now If You Work In A Bank / Which Profession Stands Out In Nigeria? / Highest Paid Professionals And Most Lucrative Profession In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Flower Design Work In Nigeria: An Unappreciated Profession? by Bisowo(f): 11:45am On Jul 07, 2009
As a flower design artist, I've often wondered why Nigerians are not so hot on the beautification aspect of their spaces, whether homes or offices. I still don't have an answer. undecided
Re: Flower Design Work In Nigeria: An Unappreciated Profession? by tpiah: 2:11pm On Jul 07, 2009
Its something that should be looked into.
Re: Flower Design Work In Nigeria: An Unappreciated Profession? by kdanc(m): 9:03pm On Jul 08, 2009
I know some Nigerian
who do this for big dollars
in Uk
Re: Flower Design Work In Nigeria: An Unappreciated Profession? by Bisowo(f): 9:17am On Jul 09, 2009
[/quote]I know some Nigerian
who do this for big dollars
in Uk[quote]

I sure would be glad to have a link to them.
Re: Flower Design Work In Nigeria: An Unappreciated Profession? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jul 14, 2009
Re: Flower Design Work In Nigeria: An Unappreciated Profession? by topup: 2:44am On Jul 15, 2009
Bisowo, if we were permanently located in Nigeria I am sure we would appreciate your work because I am obsessed with this issue that it seems like the majority of Nigerians, don't want to spend money beautifying their homes. Most would prefer to spend money on a car, or clothes. Maybe this is because our family house in not located in Lagos or Abuja, where the average person earns a decent salary BUT it shocks me at the level of workmanship, crooked doors, bad paint jobs, splinters, buying cheap components and pocketing the rest of the money e.t.c. .

It's just ridiculous, so many craftsmen/women work in the industry, but aren't even good at what they do. When will they learn that if a customer has a good experience using you, they will pass your name on, and you will be called back several times, all these builders, interior designers and general designers who just want the money and nothing else frustrate me.

My advice is to just keep in it, if you truly love what you do, it will show.

Location is also key, places like VI and PH and Abuja will probably have a bigger market for flower design, as opposed to the other more surburbial places in Nigeria.

P.s. please post some pics of your work. . (unless it's against the forum rules.)
Re: Flower Design Work In Nigeria: An Unappreciated Profession? by DisGuy: 12:47pm On Jul 15, 2009
Do you actually do this or thinking of doing it?

Nigerians find it difficult to repaint their house talkless of beautifying it
after initial design and painting every other thing takes a back seat
but you also have to understand the economy, remember what people
say to fashola- na tree we go chop? wink
Re: Flower Design Work In Nigeria: An Unappreciated Profession? by topup: 1:44pm On Jul 15, 2009
Dis Guy:

Do you actually do this or thinking of doing it?

Nigerians find it difficult to repaint their house talkless of beautifying it
after initial design and painting every other thing takes a back seat
but you also have to understand the economy, remember what people
say to fashola- na tree we go chop? wink

True.

(1) (Reply)

Please! Anybody Knows Where I Can Do My Siwes? / Pgd Statement Of Result / Introduction To Facilitation Skills Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.