Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,260 members, 7,780,577 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:47 PM

Mohammed-Tukur Breaks ABU-Zaria 1st Class In Engineering Jinx - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Mohammed-Tukur Breaks ABU-Zaria 1st Class In Engineering Jinx (39806 Views)

Oyo, Ogun And Osun Lead In Engineering University Admissions / Nigerian Man Bags First Class In Engineering From London University. Photos / Tukur Bayero Debunks Breaking 20 Years Jinx As Best Graduating Student From ABU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mohammed-Tukur Breaks ABU-Zaria 1st Class In Engineering Jinx by NERDYDREAMS(m): 6:55pm On Feb 15, 2016
What did he want to engineer in this country
Re: Mohammed-Tukur Breaks ABU-Zaria 1st Class In Engineering Jinx by piagetskinner(m): 6:57pm On Feb 15, 2016
Nice one.... Congratulations
Re: Mohammed-Tukur Breaks ABU-Zaria 1st Class In Engineering Jinx by julietleo1: 7:00pm On Feb 15, 2016
greatiyk4u:
Na so ABU engineering students dull reach?.......my school produce more than 20first class Engineers yearly
I wonder wat kind of skul is dat.20 first class ni 40 ko. Congrats to him its nt easy bt I would hv been more hapi if it was in Structural Engineering
Re: Mohammed-Tukur Breaks ABU-Zaria 1st Class In Engineering Jinx by tbliss22(m): 7:18pm On Feb 15, 2016
benflin:

Guy u can't separate water resources and Environmental from civil Engineering. most universities in Nigeria offer it in the dept of civil Engineering with the exception of ABU that runs it as a dept on it own

I'm not disputing that fact but some school still have the two different department separate in different faculties
Re: Mohammed-Tukur Breaks ABU-Zaria 1st Class In Engineering Jinx by bidexmat(m): 7:52pm On Feb 15, 2016
I'm not a northerner and I say this with no apology, you are a prate that exude prejudice. The reason they have always been in power, you belittle them for no just cause. Continue barking like a toothless bull dog that only knows how to bark. Quote me and I'd so drench you badly. Educated illitrate calling some other persons bad eggs.
YourNemesis:
Omo Fulani ...

Anyways out of a multitude of bad eggs, one would be okay .....
If una no break record in your own regional school, Na who go come break am for you ....

1 Like

Re: Mohammed-Tukur Breaks ABU-Zaria 1st Class In Engineering Jinx by YourNemesis: 8:24pm On Feb 15, 2016
bidexmat:
I'm not a northerner and I say this with no apology, you are a prate that exude prejudice. The reason they have always been in power, you belittle them for no just cause. Continue barking like a toothless bull dog that only knows how to bark. Quote me and I'd so drench you badly. Educated illitrate calling some other persons bad eggs.

Buffon....
Do your worst...... Of course Fulani must hang on to something. Since he does not have the skills to do it through education, he must then do it through killing and maiming.... Your village might just be the next victims.
Re: Mohammed-Tukur Breaks ABU-Zaria 1st Class In Engineering Jinx by ajog1: 8:50pm On Feb 15, 2016
dapoola:
Lies - the faculty of engineering turned out 3 1st class students in 2001/02. 1 in Mechanical Engineering and 2 in Chemical Engineering. Check properly before posting these kinds of "sensational" news.
bro,i thought i was the only student to graduate from fac of eng.in fact,two students graduatd with 1st class from mech in 2005,a student graduated from elect eng in 2006
Re: Mohammed-Tukur Breaks ABU-Zaria 1st Class In Engineering Jinx by ajog1: 8:57pm On Feb 15, 2016
smalmata:
Daily Trust verify your information before you go to press.
A.B.U Deparrment of Mechanical Engineering graduated 5 1st Class students that were U04 sets.
I will give their names so you verify;
1.Idris
2.Dotun
3.Hamisu
4.Shola
5. ( can't get the name now)
All went for the PTDF scholarship abroad.
Idris was at the American University of Science and Technology, Abuja. Where he collected an award presented by the fmr Minister for Finance(Dr. Ngozi Iwella).
Hamisu is now a lecturer in the Department of Mechanical Engineering.
Shola is a lecturer in a College in the United States of America.
Dotun is in the United Kingdom excelling over there.
The no. 5 don't have any info on him, but I'm sure he's holding himself well.

My reason for chronicling these guys is that; they were THE BEST,they were good mehn.......
Up till now since they graduated 2010, their solved past questions are still being used in the department, courtesy of all the U04 set who made good use of them

For the records, if you doubt me, go find out and don't ask me who I am for reeling out all this, it's obvious. But any Mech boy or Fac. Of Engr U04 reading this will know who's posting this.
Adios!!!!!

PROUDLY ABUSITE.

bro,you indeed graduated from abu!!!
Re: Mohammed-Tukur Breaks ABU-Zaria 1st Class In Engineering Jinx by oclive007: 8:58pm On Feb 15, 2016
dapoola:
Lies - the faculty of engineering turned out 3 1st class students in 2001/02. 1 in Mechanical Engineering and 2 in Chemical Engineering. Check properly before posting these kinds of "sensational" news.
im a graduate of mechanical engineering. And we had 5 1ST class in 2009. So please Mohammed be careful

1 Like

Re: Mohammed-Tukur Breaks ABU-Zaria 1st Class In Engineering Jinx by wisemania(m): 8:58pm On Feb 15, 2016
UnimkeAk:
DT: How does an engineer’s mistake kill millions?
Tukur: By discipline, I am a civil engineer, a hydraulic engineer,
and an environmental engineer; in my design of a structure, if I
make a mistake of 0.1 mm, it makes a big difference. If I make a
mistake of 0.01 in design of any structure, the consequences
could be monumental. You don’t make mistakes when you are
mixing concrete, you don’t make mistakes when you are
designing structures etc. Everything must be perfect. There
shouldn’t be anything like near perfect in designing structures.
Near perfect is not perfect. If a design is a near-perfect design, it
is not a perfect design, and grave consequences could happen,
sequel to whatever little deficit in the total perfection. That little
imperfection could immediately or in the course of the life-span of
the structure result in the loss of lives and property. So, our field
of practice is even more delicate than that of the doctor.

Perfection in design is not possible.

how can A 1st class ABU student say this?

that's why we have factor of safety, fail safes and design check limits for every possible design in CE.

comprehensive testing is impractical on many projects, such as
bridges and buildings, but the structure's ability to carry load must
be determined to a reasonable accuracy.

FOS is a correction value(numerical) in the field of engineering that helps bridge the gap between theoretical analysis and what is attainable in reality...thanks for the observation sire.

1 Like

Re: Mohammed-Tukur Breaks ABU-Zaria 1st Class In Engineering Jinx by Nobody: 9:39pm On Feb 15, 2016
greatiyk4u:
Na so ABU engineering students dull reach?.......my school produce more than 20first class Engineers yearly
See ur lyf
The hate in u will consume u one day
Re: Mohammed-Tukur Breaks ABU-Zaria 1st Class In Engineering Jinx by Ndeewonu: 9:40pm On Feb 15, 2016
I am interested in his GPA. First Class is pure water these days.
I wonder why students still graduate with 2.2 and below in this era of Infotech!

1 Like

Re: Mohammed-Tukur Breaks ABU-Zaria 1st Class In Engineering Jinx by segzysexy(m): 9:56pm On Feb 15, 2016
Ndeewonu:

I wonder why students still graduate with 2.2 and below in this era of Infotech!
Re: Mohammed-Tukur Breaks ABU-Zaria 1st Class In Engineering Jinx by Nobody: 10:23pm On Feb 15, 2016
Congrats!
Re: Mohammed-Tukur Breaks ABU-Zaria 1st Class In Engineering Jinx by Nobody: 11:34pm On Feb 15, 2016
Thank you.
Are you an Okada first class graduate? undecided

glossy6:

Spell check b4 posting next time. ITK lipsrsealed

Your tenses no be here
Re: Mohammed-Tukur Breaks ABU-Zaria 1st Class In Engineering Jinx by ucheuzor1(m): 12:58am On Feb 16, 2016
greatiyk4u:
its ur skul that is not academically sound....Top get a 1st class in a top institution isn't easy bro.....I skul in futo and I know what am saying.... respect d very few that manage to come out with first class ok.
Re: Mohammed-Tukur Breaks ABU-Zaria 1st Class In Engineering Jinx by lanre147(m): 1:08am On Feb 16, 2016
still waiting when lautech go produce first class for biochem and AGE.. some department na hell
Re: Mohammed-Tukur Breaks ABU-Zaria 1st Class In Engineering Jinx by lanre147(m): 1:10am On Feb 16, 2016
still waiting when lautech go produce first class for biochem and AGE.. some department na hell.... so na lyk dix d car wey ma mama promise me if I grad with first class go go.... chai how 3. 52 wan enta first klas with jux two section to go.... I dey pray make I no go back to 2 2 self.. May God help me
Re: Mohammed-Tukur Breaks ABU-Zaria 1st Class In Engineering Jinx by lanre147(m): 1:12am On Feb 16, 2016
Ndeewonu:

u say first class na pure water see as u talk am self e be lyk say u no know say pure water self don cost.
Re: Mohammed-Tukur Breaks ABU-Zaria 1st Class In Engineering Jinx by davidif: 2:51am On Feb 16, 2016
Bamsupremacy:
How can a water engineer want to be called a civil engineer

It's in the civil engineering family. There are several areas of specialization in Civil engineering.
Re: Mohammed-Tukur Breaks ABU-Zaria 1st Class In Engineering Jinx by adanny01(m): 7:21am On Feb 16, 2016
kobonaire:
That is a great achievement, congrats to the young scholar.

Not to sound like a hater but I would like to see this achieved in either Electrical or Mechanical Engineering as those are tougher disciplines when compared to Civil or other Engineering disciplines at ABU.

On the contrary, Electrical, Mechanical and Chemical engineering in ABU turn out 1st class almost every year. Others like Agric and Metallurgical do occassionally but Civil and Water Resources engineering, its like once in a blue moon.

My set, 2006, had 2 1st class in Chemical and Mechanical. Through out my stay, there was never a 1st class in civil and we did not hear any trace of one. I later heard a boy made it in CVEN around 2010 and now WREN.
Re: Mohammed-Tukur Breaks ABU-Zaria 1st Class In Engineering Jinx by kobonaire(m): 8:35am On Feb 16, 2016
adanny01:

On the contrary, Electrical, Mechanical and Chemical engineering in ABU turn out 1st class almost every year. Others like Agric and Metallurgical do occassionally but Civil and Water Resources engineering, its like once in a blue moon.

My set, 2006, had 2 1st class in Chemical and Mechanical. Through out my stay, there was never a 1st class in civil and we did not hear any trace of one. I later heard a boy made it in CVEN around 2010 and now WREN.
That is because generally the top caliber students go to EE and ME.
The standard of ABU Engineering has sadly fallen. There was a time when it was great. What is the required CGPA for a first class in ABU during your time/now?
Re: Mohammed-Tukur Breaks ABU-Zaria 1st Class In Engineering Jinx by adanny01(m): 8:47am On Feb 16, 2016
kobonaire:

That is because generally the top caliber students go to EE and ME.
The standard of ABU Engineering has sadly fallen. There was a time when it was great. What is the required CGPA for a first class in ABU during your time/now?

That i believe would never change from 4.5CGPA it has always been.

I know a girl in mechanical who graduated with 4.49 plus an A in CVEN (civil eng materials) 3 unit course. The course made her 4.5 but was expunged on the grounds that it wasnt relevant to MEEN.

She lost out. I heard her case went up to the Governing council since her father was a prof in the sch but was still denied.

I think EE is the easiest to get a 1st class in the engrg faculty and CV/WR/QS/LS being the worst chance. Probably its like you said, the best wants to go for either of the 3 EE, ME or CH. Some of the best who didnt get to ME are shipped to Metallurgy, Agric or Civil Engrg so they have good ones there especially metallurgy.

Quality of lecturers matter too. For example, QS and LS were they are poorly staffed experience serious difficulty in graduating students. They frustrate them not because the course is hard but because the lecturers are not senior lecturers. The senior ones are busy making money. Its the same with CIvil, most senior lecturers are consultants and have less time which means more junior lecturers to the job. Junior lecturers are more stingy with marks for fear of seniors.

I didnt see the fall during our time but i expect it now. During our time i have seen lecturers with lecture notes dated since the 80's especially the Profs. I dont think they chaanged much but the standard of admitted students had fallen and the number of admissions increased. My own class was 50 by reg no but less than 40 actually, by the time we left the set number had risen to avove 100. This generation of school leavers that dont know how to read on their own, it is highly expected that lecturers have no option than to drop standards.
Re: Mohammed-Tukur Breaks ABU-Zaria 1st Class In Engineering Jinx by kobonaire(m): 9:46am On Feb 16, 2016
@adanny01: You graduated after me, so I'm sorry to let you know that it was already bad. Sadly I saw the decline during my time. When I was in 100L it was just about OK. When I reached 500L the decline was in full progress and has continued since then. EE is one of the worst hit and I am even surprised that they have maintained their accreditation. Ironically, CE was one the best staffed during my time. The only thing solid through my years there was Mathematics because all classes were taught by Dept of Mathematics and they had a solid cast of teachers then.
Re: Mohammed-Tukur Breaks ABU-Zaria 1st Class In Engineering Jinx by kbsheshe(m): 9:18pm On Feb 16, 2016
Congrats
Re: Mohammed-Tukur Breaks ABU-Zaria 1st Class In Engineering Jinx by Nobody: 9:51am On Feb 17, 2016
He is but an ordinary Fulani Herdsman with chic

phantom:
He is neither Igbo nor Yoruba otherwise this thread for don reach 100pages.....lol.
Re: Mohammed-Tukur Breaks ABU-Zaria 1st Class In Engineering Jinx by kallan: 3:59pm On Feb 17, 2016
Sorry
Re: Mohammed-Tukur Breaks ABU-Zaria 1st Class In Engineering Jinx by Formationhero: 4:31pm On Feb 17, 2016
“THE TRUTH OF THE MATTER”

This is what Muhammad Tukur Bayero called his second interview with the daily trust correspondence to address the mix up in his first interview on how he allegedly broke a 20years jinx, on how the faculty of engineering Ahmadu Bello University failed to produce a first class graduate in as many as 20years. I think that title is either deceitful or poor choice of words as the complete truth was not brought to light, and some versions of the truth is as deceitful as complete lies.

For reference purposes I am not here to attack Muhammad Tukur Bayero but to really clear the air and expose the real truth of the matter. Firstly I would like to make it clear that to the best of my knowledge there have never been a jinx of any how in existence in attempt and failure to produce first class graduate in the faculty. From 2011 till here are some of notable first class graduate that the faculty of engineering Ahmadu Bello University has produced, Gazali Tanimu, Udebelu Paul, Muhammad Maccido, Jamiu Garba, Jonah Igbe, Emma Shekina, Yusuf Adegbesan, Abdulmalik Guru, Fabiyi Victor, and in the 2014/2015 session where Muhammad Tukur Bayero was unjustly or erroneously and mistakenly crowned with the accolade of the best graduating student faculty of engineering, the faculty had other first class graduating students which they include Hassan Abdulrahman Usman, Ibrahim sabiu Musayyib, Abdulrahman Shuaibu, Bilal Muhammad, Usman Kabir Aminu, Ogundeji Olamide, Aliyu Umar Mani and Shakirat, this is to really clarify that there have never been a lack of first class graduate jinx in existence in the faculty of engineering Ahmadu Bello University Zaria.

Earlier I mentioned that Muhammad Tukur Bayero was either unjustly knowingly crowned with an accolade that he doesn’t deserve which clearly means someone else was robbed in the process or erroneously and mistakenly he was awarded with something he knows he doesn’t deserve, why so does he not deserve it? Some people will definitely ask. Anyone who knows on what basis are the best graduating students in each faculty are been awarded knows clearly know that the yardstick used in determining who deserves such accolades is the CUMMULATIVE GRADE POINT AVERAGE known as the CGPA. Muhammad Tukur Bayero had a CGPA of 4.68 while the gentle man who was unjustly or erroneously and mistakenly robbed whichever way it happened be it, it was done knowingly of erroneously, goes by the name Hassan Abdulrahman Usman which he had a CGPA of 4.77.

Dear readers sight an example with yourself please if you may, assume you are in the position to give out the award for the best graduating student between this two hard working amazing gentlemen, who will be the deservedly, Muhammad Tukur Bayero with 4.68 or Hassan Abdulrahman Usman with 4.77, I will leave that for you to judge.

This brings me to the most concerning issue of this unjustly or erroneously and mistaken diversion of an accolade meant for the rightly deserved, which is conscience and credibility. Whichever way this unprecedented event occurred in the senate before the convocation, be it, it was a calculative attempt to unjustly deprive Hassan Abdulrahman Usman of what is his by right or erroneously and mistakenly done, knowing Muhammad Tukur Bayero as a person of great credibility and honour he was in the position to either refuse the accolade at the spot or to call the attention of appropriate individual or group of individual in charge to call their attention on how he is less deserving of the accolade compared to his counterpart Hassan Abdulrahman Usman. But to my knowledge I was told that he called the attention of the appropriate individuals but they did little or nothing about it, so say he tried his best through that channel and failed but another opportunity opened up for him to address the issue and call the attention of not only the school but the entire nation when he was granted an interview by the daily trust newspaper, but surprisingly he did the unthinkable exaggeratedly praised himself knowing his friend in Hassan Abdulrahman Usman was deprived of what is rightfully his and was running along with the academic hoky poky without remorse.

Muhammad Tukur Bayero as a Muslim by religion he knows that there are several ways Allah azza wajjal can test us, and from my perspective this is a test for him from the almighty and I hope he passes it, but if he let this mix up slide along without him doing what is really right then I would have to inescapably say he would fail this test, because to the best of my knowledge there is no place is the Islamic scripture that say it is deemed fit for anyone to take or claim what is not his by right, so I am urging Tukur Bayero to look deep into his conscience and decide what is best for him here on earth and the hereafter, if he thinks letting it slide without fully addressing is the best for him so be it but if he thinks addressing the issue and come to the light with the whole truth that he was wrongly decorated with what is not rightfully his.

Thanks
Re: Mohammed-Tukur Breaks ABU-Zaria 1st Class In Engineering Jinx by kbb2dpeak: 6:06pm On Feb 17, 2016
Formationhero:
“THE TRUTH OF THE MATTER”

This is what Muhammad Tukur Bayero called his second interview with the daily trust correspondence to address the mix up in his first interview on how he allegedly broke a 20years jinx, on how the faculty of engineering Ahmadu Bello University failed to produce a first class graduate in as many as 20years. I think that title is either deceitful or poor choice of words as the complete truth was not brought to light, and some versions of the truth is as deceitful as complete lies.

For reference purposes I am not here to attack Muhammad Tukur Bayero but to really clear the air and expose the real truth of the matter. Firstly I would like to make it clear that to the best of my knowledge there have never been a jinx of any how in existence in attempt and failure to produce first class graduate in the faculty. From 2011 till here are some of notable first class graduate that the faculty of engineering Ahmadu Bello University has produced, Gazali Tanimu, Udebelu Paul, Muhammad Maccido, Jamiu Garba, Jonah Igbe, Emma Shekina, Yusuf Adegbesan, Abdulmalik Guru, Fabiyi Victor, and in the 2014/2015 session where Muhammad Tukur Bayero was unjustly or erroneously and mistakenly crowned with the accolade of the best graduating student faculty of engineering, the faculty had other first class graduating students which they include Hassan Abdulrahman Usman, Ibrahim sabiu Musayyib, Abdulrahman Shuaibu, Bilal Muhammad, Usman Kabir Aminu, Ogundeji Olamide, Aliyu Umar Mani and Shakirat, this is to really clarify that there have never been a lack of first class graduate jinx in existence in the faculty of engineering Ahmadu Bello University Zaria.

Earlier I mentioned that Muhammad Tukur Bayero was either unjustly knowingly crowned with an accolade that he doesn’t deserve which clearly means someone else was robbed in the process or erroneously and mistakenly he was awarded with something he knows he doesn’t deserve, why so does he not deserve it? Some people will definitely ask. Anyone who knows on what basis are the best graduating students in each faculty are been awarded knows clearly know that the yardstick used in determining who deserves such accolades is the CUMMULATIVE GRADE POINT AVERAGE known as the CGPA. Muhammad Tukur Bayero had a CGPA of 4.68 while the gentle man who was unjustly or erroneously and mistakenly robbed whichever way it happened be it, it was done knowingly of erroneously, goes by the name Hassan Abdulrahman Usman which he had a CGPA of 4.77.

Dear readers sight an example with yourself please if you may, assume you are in the position to give out the award for the best graduating student between this two hard working amazing gentlemen, who will be the deservedly, Muhammad Tukur Bayero with 4.68 or Hassan Abdulrahman Usman with 4.77, I will leave that for you to judge.

This brings me to the most concerning issue of this unjustly or erroneously and mistaken diversion of an accolade meant for the rightly deserved, which is conscience and credibility. Whichever way this unprecedented event occurred in the senate before the convocation, be it, it was a calculative attempt to unjustly deprive Hassan Abdulrahman Usman of what is his by right or erroneously and mistakenly done, knowing Muhammad Tukur Bayero as a person of great credibility and honour he was in the position to either refuse the accolade at the spot or to call the attention of appropriate individual or group of individual in charge to call their attention on how he is less deserving of the accolade compared to his counterpart Hassan Abdulrahman Usman. But to my knowledge I was told that he called the attention of the appropriate individuals but they did little or nothing about it, so say he tried his best through that channel and failed but another opportunity opened up for him to address the issue and call the attention of not only the school but the entire nation when he was granted an interview by the daily trust newspaper, but surprisingly he did the unthinkable exaggeratedly praised himself knowing his friend in Hassan Abdulrahman Usman was deprived of what is rightfully his and was running along with the academic hoky poky without remorse.

Muhammad Tukur Bayero as a Muslim by religion he knows that there are several ways Allah azza wajjal can test us, and from my perspective this is a test for him from the almighty and I hope he passes it, but if he let this mix up slide along without him doing what is really right then I would have to inescapably say he would fail this test, because to the best of my knowledge there is no place is the Islamic scripture that say it is deemed fit for anyone to take or claim what is not his by right, so I am urging Tukur Bayero to look deep into his conscience and decide what is best for him here on earth and the hereafter, if he thinks letting it slide without fully addressing is the best for him so be it but if he thinks addressing the issue and come to the light with the whole truth that he was wrongly decorated with what is not rightfully his.

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

University Of Benin Introduces Graduation Ring / UNN Best Graduating Students To Share N1.5k, N1k Cash Prizes - Pictures / This Is Federal Polytechnic Mubi In Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.