Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,794 members, 7,802,528 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:56 PM

''the Money Or Continue Your Job Hunt Another Place'' - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / ''the Money Or Continue Your Job Hunt Another Place'' (21415 Views)

Job Hunt In Mile 2 Lagos / Job Hunt Resolutions And Perspectives For 2017 / The Importance Of Self-evaluation In Job Hunt/search (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ''the Money Or Continue Your Job Hunt Another Place'' by kennyman2000(m): 7:05pm On Feb 15, 2016
Hmmmmm
Re: ''the Money Or Continue Your Job Hunt Another Place'' by HazzanAsher: 7:05pm On Feb 15, 2016
Serious one here
Re: ''the Money Or Continue Your Job Hunt Another Place'' by Nobody: 7:06pm On Feb 15, 2016
sonnie10:

Ever heard of the story of the fowl that lays the golden eggs?

I am a very passionate person. I will rather eat the fowl than surfer it to continue laying the golden egg.
Just saving the fowl
Re: ''the Money Or Continue Your Job Hunt Another Place'' by lilbarracuda(m): 7:07pm On Feb 15, 2016
Suigeneris93:
That kind uncle sha undecided undecided

From primary school
Re: ''the Money Or Continue Your Job Hunt Another Place'' by Nobody: 7:13pm On Feb 15, 2016
LessNoise:
You need to trace your bloodline... grin
You have a point. but it is just a full stop.
Re: ''the Money Or Continue Your Job Hunt Another Place'' by BedLam: 7:14pm On Feb 15, 2016
victorels:

Well That is very bad of you. I can help even an enemy as long as he can do the job I want him to do. an Emloyee Being grateful is a matter of your pride.
If you own a company, you wouldn't say this.
Employing someone is not helping the person but the person helping you to achieve your objective if you own the company.
If you are helping someone get a job for the purpose of appreciating you, what will happen if the person appreciates you beyound expectation but fails to perform in the office he is employed. You will have the blame for bringing such a person. That should e your worry instead of this.
That is why many people fail to help friends and family.
the post didn't say his uncle has the company or so. When you've helped someone and in the end they try to bring you down, then keep helping them ungrateful folks. People helped when I was up coming. Till today I still show them respect and tell the world they were there for me. I do visit periodically. Now someone I helped starts making how much sef ? 1million naira and the bastard told me never to call any of his family member again. His elder sister blocked me. They went going about my name to people I told them about. Just because we had a very little misunderstanding that was his fault. Good luck with helping ungrateful SOBs
Re: ''the Money Or Continue Your Job Hunt Another Place'' by Exponental(m): 7:21pm On Feb 15, 2016
can't he get paid in 3months? 20k/month to make 60k after deal is sealed.
Re: ''the Money Or Continue Your Job Hunt Another Place'' by gfullmoon(m): 7:21pm On Feb 15, 2016
If you must pay, paid into his Account not cash and keep the Teller you never can tell. Make we no condemn the Uncle too much, series of ingratitude can harden someone's mind. People nowadays are increasingly unthankful.
Re: ''the Money Or Continue Your Job Hunt Another Place'' by Nobody: 7:24pm On Feb 15, 2016
This isnt a true uncle
It's either the uncle knows you aren't in any way related to him.
Paternity questions.
Re: ''the Money Or Continue Your Job Hunt Another Place'' by Nobody: 7:26pm On Feb 15, 2016
This isnt a true uncle
It's either the uncle knows more than you do.
Maybe you aren't in any way related to him he just they answer uncle
Paternity questions.
Re: ''the Money Or Continue Your Job Hunt Another Place'' by BedLam: 7:30pm On Feb 15, 2016
gfullmoon:
If you must pay, paid into his Account not cash and keep the Teller you never can tell. Make we no condemn the Uncle too much, series of ingratitude can harden someone's mind. People nowadays are increasingly unthankful.
I have never seen a set of people so ungrateful like in this part of the world.
Re: ''the Money Or Continue Your Job Hunt Another Place'' by Ecoterrorism(f): 7:37pm On Feb 15, 2016
CassieV:
I saw this topic and the first thing that came into my mind was "The Incorruptible Judge". Who knows what I'm talking about?
Wow, did you attend Christ Ambassadors College Kaduna because it was one of the books we used in Jss2. Thanks for bringing this to my notice.

Don't fail to remember The Iroko man and the wood Carver. Also Wedlock of the Gods
Re: ''the Money Or Continue Your Job Hunt Another Place'' by ilevic(m): 7:39pm On Feb 15, 2016
Guy go and ask you parents if that man is really your uncle or an adopted son of ur grand parents. its disgusting to hear that u have to pay ur uncle before getting you a job. will he ask ever ask his son to pay him 50k for a job? Hmmmm truly perilous times here.

1 Like

Re: ''the Money Or Continue Your Job Hunt Another Place'' by Ajusshi: 7:41pm On Feb 15, 2016
coollabman:

pay him the money! after all the money is still within the family. but let your mom or your dad know about the deal. in case the man wan scam you grin
Your head dea dia. Just make sure people are aware and write it down for the day Karma will make him want your help. God help am if ur daughter na naija version of Herod daughter, na him whole family head she go demand. #awonHeartlessUncle.
Re: ''the Money Or Continue Your Job Hunt Another Place'' by CassieV(f): 7:44pm On Feb 15, 2016
Ecoterrorism:
Wow, did you attend Christ Ambassadors College Kaduna because it was one of the books we used in Jss2. Thanks for bringing this to my notice.

Don't fail to remember The Iroko man and the wood Carver. Also Wedlock of the Gods
No I didn't, I actually read the book in primary school.

There was also; A lucky Chance, Ten in the family, Chike and the river, Sparing the rod, Without a silver spoon, etcetera.

1 Like

Re: ''the Money Or Continue Your Job Hunt Another Place'' by gladokpe(f): 7:46pm On Feb 15, 2016
I do love that literature text
CassieV:
I saw this topic and the first thing that came into my mind was "The Incorruptible Judge". Who knows what I'm talking about?
Re: ''the Money Or Continue Your Job Hunt Another Place'' by DisGuy: 7:49pm On Feb 15, 2016
Tell him you will pay him 100k after confirmation! !

And what's all these talk about people being ungrateful? ? You want the person at your beck and call 24/ 7 or you would like the person to be calling you as frequent as possible?

If you help someone that is it you should feel good about yourself not looking for chieftaincy title up and down

1 Like

Re: ''the Money Or Continue Your Job Hunt Another Place'' by ahmadmuazu5(m): 7:52pm On Feb 15, 2016
Naija know corruption is even within the family chaiiiiiiiiiiiii
Re: ''the Money Or Continue Your Job Hunt Another Place'' by Nobody: 7:53pm On Feb 15, 2016
Impressive!!! Absolutely..

VickyRotex:

Sure who wouldnt cheesy

Femi, Kola, Agbalowomeri, Ajala grin

1 Like

Re: ''the Money Or Continue Your Job Hunt Another Place'' by OmoOsanyin: 7:54pm On Feb 15, 2016
ofeshe:
Bros connect me with that uncle of yours i can pay 100k or more

with 50k or better still 100k if u really do have it that is, u dont need the uncle or anybody, or while away time seeking employment.. Start a biz. Become an entrepreneur. Be your own boss and employ others. Look inwards, think outside the box. Become independent. Be creative. Be innovative. A 1000 mile journey starts with one step. Take that step today. Thinnnnnnnk, dude.

1 Like

Re: ''the Money Or Continue Your Job Hunt Another Place'' by Nobody: 7:55pm On Feb 15, 2016
ilevic:
Guy go and ask you parents if that man is really your uncle or an adopted son of ur grand parents. its disgusting to hear that u have to pay ur uncle before getting you a job. will he ask ever ask his son to pay him 50k for a job? Hmmmm truly perilous times here.
People thought are always suspence filled. I was laughing through out the conversation because I never expected him to give me attention. Getting his attention shows that he is going to help. He was trying to provoke me to see if I hated him like other family members but found out that it was love all within (My thought though). I shall testify that he finally helped me soon. Sometimes, tests/examinations do not come in packages filled with questions. It sometimes comes with just an attempt to decifer what your attitudinal expression about situation is. Only love can give you the neccessary marks at this point.
Re: ''the Money Or Continue Your Job Hunt Another Place'' by VickyRotex(f): 8:00pm On Feb 15, 2016
Snipes009:
Impressive!!! Absolutely..

Merci!
Re: ''the Money Or Continue Your Job Hunt Another Place'' by Ahmeduana(m): 8:03pm On Feb 15, 2016
victorels:
I was discussing with one of my uncle concerning my job status and seeking for his help to get me into the company he worked for but he insisted I pay him 50,000 Naira before he can help me. He narated to me how those he had helped never appreciated his effort and refused my plea that I am different.

I decided to take his word as a humor by telling him that I have a lot of 'Thank you' 'very much' and 'God Bless you' to give when he finally worked it out for me but his reply seem more humorous to my ill humor. He said ''I Receive Plenty Thank you from my Kids and My Pastor Said That I'm Blessed'' so you can hold yours. ''The money or continue your job hunt another place''

What should I do?
AND YOU CALL HIM YOUR UNCLE! HOW UNCLE IS HE TO YOU, AREA UNCLE, STREET UNCLE OR GENETICAL HEMOGLOBIN UNCLE?
Re: ''the Money Or Continue Your Job Hunt Another Place'' by MyMentor: 8:12pm On Feb 15, 2016
Mark my word; i wil pay up to 500k to any one dat wil offer me FG job.
Re: ''the Money Or Continue Your Job Hunt Another Place'' by jesuspikinjp(m): 8:19pm On Feb 15, 2016
victorels:

Well That is very bad of you. I can help even an enemy as long as he can do the job I want him to do. an Emloyee Being grateful is a matter of your pride.
If you own a company, you wouldn't say this.
Employing someone is not helping the person but the person helping you to achieve your objective if you own the company.
If you are helping someone get a job for the purpose of appreciating you, what will happen if the person appreciates you beyound expectation but fails to perform in the office he is employed. You will have the blame for bringing such a person. That should e your worry instead of this.
That is why many people fail to help friends and family.

Don't mind that guy, some want you to start worshiping them cuz they helped you.
Re: ''the Money Or Continue Your Job Hunt Another Place'' by justmenoni: 8:26pm On Feb 15, 2016
Op giv him the money na.
.shebi hin get wife and pikin?? At least Ugo wan show dem appreciation by spending an average of 1000 and imagine flexing them for ten times a year, so just ignore buying them gifts for 5-6 years grin
Re: ''the Money Or Continue Your Job Hunt Another Place'' by vislabraye(m): 8:33pm On Feb 15, 2016
victorels:
I was discussing with one of my uncle concerning my job status and seeking for his help to get me into the company he worked for but he insisted I pay him 50,000 Naira before he can help me. He narated to me how those he had helped never appreciated his effort and refused my plea that I am different.

I decided to take his word as a humor by telling him that I have a lot of 'Thank you' 'very much' and 'God Bless you' to give when he finally worked it out for me but his reply seem more humorous to my ill humor. He said ''I Receive Plenty Thank you from my Kids and My Pastor Said That I'm Blessed'' so you can hold yours. ''The money or continue your job hunt another place''

What should I do?

If you have, pay him. But whenever his children need help, ask them for money too.
Re: ''the Money Or Continue Your Job Hunt Another Place'' by anochuko01(m): 8:34pm On Feb 15, 2016
heaven knows I wouldn't pay him a DIME! a place where he could be sacked from at any moment....?

1 Like

Re: ''the Money Or Continue Your Job Hunt Another Place'' by UgoPapa: 8:49pm On Feb 15, 2016
victorels:

What should I do?

Give me his number.
Re: ''the Money Or Continue Your Job Hunt Another Place'' by AnaCheks(m): 8:53pm On Feb 15, 2016
victorels:

mehnn see opportunity.
I can just connect you to me and collect the 100k. Use 50k to settle my uncle and use the balance to change my wardrobe.
Nigeria is too much.
OP which company be that, abi na agency. me wan pay 150k ooo
Re: ''the Money Or Continue Your Job Hunt Another Place'' by AnaCheks(m): 9:06pm On Feb 15, 2016
BedLam:
Your uncle is so right. Give him the money and forget telling him thank you. See, the average Nigerian is very ungrateful. I have had my own share of their ungrateful lives and I promised not to help even close friends. Worse is they will even tell the world you are the bad person. Once they start making small money, they disregard you and some might want to pull you down. Very useless set of folks. Reason people don't help in Nigeria.
. Does it mean Sir that everyone u have helped turned out to be ingrate? Even it happened to Jesus, but he didn't stop helping. Pls keep helping those u can, me too self need help
Re: ''the Money Or Continue Your Job Hunt Another Place'' by kingsamosy(m): 9:47pm On Feb 15, 2016
After saying that, you still call him uncle? if you have the money pay him, ensure ur entire family is aware of that, because that kind of man can collect the money without getting u the job. wicked uncles on the increase

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Hobbies Can Make You Have A Bad Resume / EFCC RECRUITMENT: Candidates Who Passed Interview Will Be Investigated / N-power Redeployment Issue Settled

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.