Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,994 members, 7,806,887 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:19 AM

Buhari Appoints Ben Akabueze S.A (planning) To The Minister Of Nat'l Planning - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Appoints Ben Akabueze S.A (planning) To The Minister Of Nat'l Planning (35834 Views)

Profile Of Ben Akabueze: The New DG Of The Budget Office / Buhari Appionts Ben Akabueze As Budget Office DG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Appoints Ben Akabueze S.A (planning) To The Minister Of Nat'l Planning by kubumilano(m): 6:39pm On Feb 15, 2016
Buhari appoints Abdullahi, DG, Budget Office; Akabueze, SA, National Planning

ABUJA – President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday approved the appointment of Mr. Tijjani Mohammed Abdullahi as the Director-General, Budget Office.

A statement by the presidential spokesman, Mr. Femi Adesina profiled “Abdullahi as a fellow of the Certified National Accountants of Nigeria, and a banker of repute with experience in managing public finance.”

By his appointment, he replaced the current Director-General, Mr. Yahaya Gusau.

The new Director-General is expected to work with the Minister of Budget and National Planning to efficiently deliver on the mandates of the Budget Office of the Federation.

Similarly, President Buhari also approved the appointment of Mr Ben Ifeanyi Akabueze as the Special Adviser to the President on National Planning.

Mr Akabueze who is the immediate past Commissioner for Economic Planning and Budget in Lagos State, has worked in senior management positions in Citi Bank, Fidelity Bank, United Bank for Africa, NAL Merchant Bank, Sterling Bank and BIA Consulting Limited, among others.

He is Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Bankers; Fellow, Institute of Credit Administrators and Honorary Fellow, Chartered Institute of Bankers.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/02/buhari-appoints-abdullahi-dg-budget-office-akabueze-special-adviser-planning/

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Appoints Ben Akabueze S.A (planning) To The Minister Of Nat'l Planning by micfoley: 6:40pm On Feb 15, 2016
OK o
Re: Buhari Appoints Ben Akabueze S.A (planning) To The Minister Of Nat'l Planning by Cholls(m): 6:40pm On Feb 15, 2016
my brother good news.

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Ben Akabueze S.A (planning) To The Minister Of Nat'l Planning by chriskosherbal(m): 6:41pm On Feb 15, 2016
Welcome development

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Ben Akabueze S.A (planning) To The Minister Of Nat'l Planning by Nobody: 6:42pm On Feb 15, 2016
My brother above said goodnews, me I would say.....Smart Tinubu at work.

All hail the Jagaban

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Ben Akabueze S.A (planning) To The Minister Of Nat'l Planning by Nobody: 6:43pm On Feb 15, 2016
Sai APC

Igbo's are indeed doing well

22 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Ben Akabueze S.A (planning) To The Minister Of Nat'l Planning by Nobody: 6:43pm On Feb 15, 2016
Sai APC

2 Likes

Sai APC

Igbo's are indeed doing well

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Ben Akabueze S.A (planning) To The Minister Of Nat'l Planning by adconline(m): 7:38pm On Feb 15, 2016
He was a commissioner of economic and budget planning appointed by Tinubu and retained by Fashola. He was NAL Bank Plc MD before venturing into political appointment.. GMB should have sought for these technocrats last year. He's wasted over year learning on the job by employing APC incompetent partisan hacks and brigands!! Putting party loyalty over national interest!!

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Appoints Ben Akabueze S.A (planning) To The Minister Of Nat'l Planning by Reminez(m): 7:45pm On Feb 15, 2016
adconline:
He was a commissioner of economic and budget planning appointed by Tinubu and retained by Fashola. He was NAL Bank Plc MD before venturing into political appointment.. GMB should have sought for these technocrats last year. He's wasted over year learning on the job by employing APC incompetent partisan hacks and brigands!! Putting party loyalt over national interest!!
Shut up there.. Unrepentant bigot

88 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Ben Akabueze S.A (planning) To The Minister Of Nat'l Planning by asorocker: 7:53pm On Feb 15, 2016
This is really a funny appointment, making a former bank MD the SA to the minister for budget.
If this is not the height of misplaced appointment then it is just too glaring a sign of incompetence in selecting ministers

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Ben Akabueze S.A (planning) To The Minister Of Nat'l Planning by shaddoww: 8:01pm On Feb 15, 2016
First it was Abike Dabiri who should av been a substantive minister of foreign affairs in d first place n now Ben Akabueze who should also av been d minister of national planning n budget. I think dis budget thing don clear baba eyes say dos dat advised him against appointing Tinubu's boys were just being too political.

55 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Ben Akabueze S.A (planning) To The Minister Of Nat'l Planning by millhouse: 8:08pm On Feb 15, 2016
Jagaban's men everywhere

17 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Ben Akabueze S.A (planning) To The Minister Of Nat'l Planning by amaechi1: 8:08pm On Feb 15, 2016
Your good works will always speak for you. Mr Akabuze did very well in Lagos, despite being an Igbo man. Hope my brothers from the Igbo extraction will not say anything now. Maybe Akabueze is not true Igbo man? I dey wait for comment.

35 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Ben Akabueze S.A (planning) To The Minister Of Nat'l Planning by sagio09: 8:15pm On Feb 15, 2016
Re: Buhari Appoints Ben Akabueze S.A (planning) To The Minister Of Nat'l Planning by Sealeddeal(m): 8:36pm On Feb 15, 2016
2016 budget's capital vote for SE is 2.9billion naira.
Re: Buhari Appoints Ben Akabueze S.A (planning) To The Minister Of Nat'l Planning by Obiodunukwe: 8:40pm On Feb 15, 2016
Better late than never

He should have done this at the inception of his government

Happy that Nwabueze has been appointed. He has a strong pedigree in public budgeting

And of course, he learnt his trade from the Jagaban!

God bless Naija

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Ben Akabueze S.A (planning) To The Minister Of Nat'l Planning by Abeyjide: 8:41pm On Feb 15, 2016
buhari appointing people that will make the Real change a reality. Not people that will inflate budget.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Ben Akabueze S.A (planning) To The Minister Of Nat'l Planning by kennyman2000(m): 8:43pm On Feb 15, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: Buhari Appoints Ben Akabueze S.A (planning) To The Minister Of Nat'l Planning by abumeinben(m): 8:43pm On Feb 15, 2016
There were so many speculations, predictions, postulates and theories by the "experts" that due to this buhari style of governing, NNPC would drop 1000 workers, and so would other parastatals.. But what we see today is the "long expired heads" that are being dropped! Just like that! Like PMB believes that changing the head would change the way of thinking.

This is one thing I seem to like about PMB...he's powered by the voices of the "pessimists", just to silent them. A good attribute for a leader.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Ben Akabueze S.A (planning) To The Minister Of Nat'l Planning by McMayowa(m): 8:44pm On Feb 15, 2016
Baba go slow again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Ben Akabueze S.A (planning) To The Minister Of Nat'l Planning by yemajiteru(m): 8:44pm On Feb 15, 2016
How does it affect what I will eat as dinner.... Rubbi**....

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Ben Akabueze S.A (planning) To The Minister Of Nat'l Planning by deebsman1(m): 8:44pm On Feb 15, 2016
Smiles comes my way seeing the second name, perfect appointment.... Going by d guys achievement in Lagos, I expect him to replicate same at d national level.

Meanwhile, IPOB kwenu....hope u guys will now chill small.... Na 1 of u b diz

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Ben Akabueze S.A (planning) To The Minister Of Nat'l Planning by McMayowa(m): 8:45pm On Feb 15, 2016
Reminez:

Shut up there.. Unrepentant bigot
Bros. Wayon-Wayon

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Ben Akabueze S.A (planning) To The Minister Of Nat'l Planning by saintkel(m): 8:45pm On Feb 15, 2016
So in every appointment dia must be a northerner? Not just a northerner but a muslim? Are there no Christians in d North?. Imagine d new VC PMB appointed and approved, all d northern States got a Muslim VCs. Hmmm

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Ben Akabueze S.A (planning) To The Minister Of Nat'l Planning by nasty45(m): 8:45pm On Feb 15, 2016
Ok
Re: Buhari Appoints Ben Akabueze S.A (planning) To The Minister Of Nat'l Planning by Nobody: 8:46pm On Feb 15, 2016
G
Re: Buhari Appoints Ben Akabueze S.A (planning) To The Minister Of Nat'l Planning by Imind: 8:46pm On Feb 15, 2016
Well make buhari day appoint soonest him go appoint me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Ben Akabueze S.A (planning) To The Minister Of Nat'l Planning by bastien: 8:47pm On Feb 15, 2016
Ok
Re: Buhari Appoints Ben Akabueze S.A (planning) To The Minister Of Nat'l Planning by Habayomie(m): 8:47pm On Feb 15, 2016
Mr Akabueze is a Lagosian nah.....
my Igbo brothers now smiling.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Ben Akabueze S.A (planning) To The Minister Of Nat'l Planning by ministeriallist: 8:48pm On Feb 15, 2016
I hope they wouldn't reject it. grin
Re: Buhari Appoints Ben Akabueze S.A (planning) To The Minister Of Nat'l Planning by Mcowubaba: 8:48pm On Feb 15, 2016
Northerner again cheesy grin

Igbos will be like Mr Ifeanyi Akabueze is an ofe.mmanu, his mother is from the North and his dog is from Southwest

Sai Baba I hail...u try...

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"PDP Promised To Pay Me 10k If I Attend Lagos Rally. I Did, This Happened'- Lady / DSS Arrests Two Female Armor Traffickers With More Than 1000 Rounds Of Ammunitio / Boko Haram Attacks Military Convoy At Azare-Kamuya, Carts Away Cash, Equipment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.