Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,303 members, 7,808,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:32 AM

Asthmatic Patient Escapes Death In Port-Harcourt (Photos) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Asthmatic Patient Escapes Death In Port-Harcourt (Photos) (31763 Views)

Husband Abandons His Sick Wife In Port-Harcourt (Photos) / Man Escapes Death After An Insect Bite In Rivers State (Photos) / Asthmatic Patient Killed By Refuse At Douglas Road Owerri - Facebook User (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Asthmatic Patient Escapes Death In Port-Harcourt (Photos) by springtech(m): 7:21pm On Feb 15, 2016
It happened this evening at around 4:45 pm today 15-02-16 at EMMANUEL SHOPPING COMPLEX opposite diamond bank Rumuokwurusi Port Harcourt.

The young man had a crisis inside the complex and was quickly carried to a good location outside the complex where he could have fresh air. I guess as soon as he had the crisis he indicated that he has an inhaler, as I saw a young man struggling to administer the device on him. However due to ignorance/inexperience he struggled without success. He kept positioning the inhaler in the nose area, kept pressing but nothing came out even though the patient kept opening his mouth to receive the gas.

The more time was wasted, the more the patient was loosing strength and at a point he did not move again.
However someone suggested we buy a new inhaler, and luckily there was a pharmacy very close by. In less than one and a half minute we got the inhaler.

Then someone shouted from inside, put it in his mouth, as soon as we did. The guy got strength from no where, jacked up and threw up everything blocking the airways.

Almost immediately he wanted to stand up, but we had to assist him to sit down and rest against the wall. Then the young man requested for water.

You can see him drinking the water. Showing he is now very conscious.

Trust me, if we had not gotten a new inhaler, if we had kept administering the inhaler in his nose instead of the mouth, I doubt if he would have made it.

But thanks be to God who helped us to revive this young man.

Note: Experience would have told us that the inhaler had been fully exhausted hence no gas was forth coming, as the part being pressed
remained stiff.
The inhaler was meant to be administered in the mouth and not in the nose.

With this experience, I strongly recommend that asthmatic patients move around with a new inhaler in addition to the one they are currently using, in case the old one finishes, the new one would be handy and highly useful should any crisis arise.

Do you have a similar experience you would like to share or medical experts in this house, lets add a bit to this so as to help this campaign.

Please, I beg the moderators, lets help to raise this awareness.

Lol.
Make una no take me laugh oooh , I just need this thread to hit the Front Page ni, who knows whose live this awareness could save next.
Nairalanders, God is helping us in no small ways to be change agents and people of influence.
God bless us all.

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Asthmatic Patient Escapes Death In Port-Harcourt (Photos) by Alertz3(m): 7:28pm On Feb 15, 2016
Thank God.

5 Likes

Re: Asthmatic Patient Escapes Death In Port-Harcourt (Photos) by chriskosherbal(m): 7:56pm On Feb 15, 2016
I feel sorry for him, I pray God come to his aid.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asthmatic Patient Escapes Death In Port-Harcourt (Photos) by Nobody: 8:24pm On Feb 15, 2016
Did you inform him before putting up his pictures on nairaland? Will he be happy if he find out?
You've helped him. Good.
You want to share it? OK, share without pictures even if it doesn't hit FP, moreover, you won't be paid for hitting FP but someone like me might charge you for putting up my picture in an embarrassing way in a public forum.

LastBullet: Lalasticlala, delete the pictures asap.

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Asthmatic Patient Escapes Death In Port-Harcourt (Photos) by LEOSIRSIR(m): 8:24pm On Feb 15, 2016
Glory be to God Almighty for his life.
Bro you aint gonna die but live, it will surely pass away
Re: Asthmatic Patient Escapes Death In Port-Harcourt (Photos) by Nobody: 8:26pm On Feb 15, 2016
good. we need more of your types in Nigeria saving souls, not boko haram wasting souls
Re: Asthmatic Patient Escapes Death In Port-Harcourt (Photos) by Nobody: 8:26pm On Feb 15, 2016
Am happy he is ok
Re: Asthmatic Patient Escapes Death In Port-Harcourt (Photos) by McMayowa(m): 8:26pm On Feb 15, 2016
Thank God on his behalf
Re: Asthmatic Patient Escapes Death In Port-Harcourt (Photos) by dejiboy: 8:27pm On Feb 15, 2016
Thank God
Re: Asthmatic Patient Escapes Death In Port-Harcourt (Photos) by McMayowa(m): 8:27pm On Feb 15, 2016
chriskosherbal:
I feel sorry for him, I pray God come to his aid.
Amen In Jesus Name

2 Likes

Re: Asthmatic Patient Escapes Death In Port-Harcourt (Photos) by khalhokage(m): 8:28pm On Feb 15, 2016
The inhaler saved his life not God.

3 Likes

Re: Asthmatic Patient Escapes Death In Port-Harcourt (Photos) by flyca: 8:28pm On Feb 15, 2016
Rule No 10: Don't violate the privacy of any people e.g. by posting their private pics, info, or chats without permission.

Can't you tell the story without the pictures, or better still, censor his face?
Amebo OP, lemme call Uncle seun for you. angry

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asthmatic Patient Escapes Death In Port-Harcourt (Photos) by dikamzy(m): 8:29pm On Feb 15, 2016
his cure is very simple, let him just blv d@ God will cure him. nd b4 u know it, he's made anew!!!

1 Like

Re: Asthmatic Patient Escapes Death In Port-Harcourt (Photos) by Helkayklassic(m): 8:29pm On Feb 15, 2016
I got to know recently that they do administer the inhaler to their mouth and not their nose...Thank God he is still alive..OP tell him to go to Ajase (Cotonou) it can be cure there.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Asthmatic Patient Escapes Death In Port-Harcourt (Photos) by Nobody: 8:30pm On Feb 15, 2016
Thank God he's alive. But why post his pictures online?

5 Likes

Re: Asthmatic Patient Escapes Death In Port-Harcourt (Photos) by Nobody: 8:30pm On Feb 15, 2016
It is wrong to post his pictures online without his consent.

What is happening these days ?

5 Likes

Re: Asthmatic Patient Escapes Death In Port-Harcourt (Photos) by cirmuell(m): 8:31pm On Feb 15, 2016
Wow shocked, never met one before. However, I've once seen an Okada rider with epilepsy.

He knew the thing was about to start and he had barely park the bike when he fell down and started 'jacking' on the ground 'till he stopped moving.

No one could touch him, he was out cold for about 10min. or so (thought the guy don die self) before he regained consciousness. When he woke up, he was just acting like a drunk, people had to hold him down just to calm his body.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Asthmatic Patient Escapes Death In Port-Harcourt (Photos) by austinbrown: 8:31pm On Feb 15, 2016
Jonathan sef
Re: Asthmatic Patient Escapes Death In Port-Harcourt (Photos) by 100Cents: 8:31pm On Feb 15, 2016
Thank God ..

Devil is a liar...

1 Like

Re: Asthmatic Patient Escapes Death In Port-Harcourt (Photos) by khalhokage(m): 8:32pm On Feb 15, 2016
I also don't think this young man would appreciate his identity and ailment being displayed on the internet to ogled and commented on.

1 Like

Re: Asthmatic Patient Escapes Death In Port-Harcourt (Photos) by 100Cents: 8:32pm On Feb 15, 2016
austinbrown:
Jonathan sef

Mumu sef

1 Like

Re: Asthmatic Patient Escapes Death In Port-Harcourt (Photos) by tetfundfraudale: 8:32pm On Feb 15, 2016
Thanks u spoilt ur good works by posting d guys pic.respect ones privacy. Must u snap a beggar ur giving money.God who sees in privacy reward in privacy. U have recvd your reward on earth.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asthmatic Patient Escapes Death In Port-Harcourt (Photos) by 100Cents: 8:33pm On Feb 15, 2016
khalhokage:
The inhaler saved his life not God.

God did

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asthmatic Patient Escapes Death In Port-Harcourt (Photos) by freecocoa(f): 8:34pm On Feb 15, 2016
It's a good thing he is alive, incidents like this really opens one eyes to how far Nigeria still is.

That's how the fire alarm went off in a bank the other day, I was surprised to see people looking in confusion as to what sound that was, the annoying thing was even that the bank didn't have an emergency exit, they were looking for the key to their backdoor, I just weak.

1 Like

Re: Asthmatic Patient Escapes Death In Port-Harcourt (Photos) by iamauxin(m): 8:34pm On Feb 15, 2016
K
Re: Asthmatic Patient Escapes Death In Port-Harcourt (Photos) by wilcox(m): 8:35pm On Feb 15, 2016
This is wickedness, your fellow human being was seriously down and all you could do was to take pictures and post on Nairaland.
Thank Jah you were not the only person around when this fellow was down in this situation because what just did would have been the same the moment you saw him falling instead of thinking on how to resuscitate him. this what most of us do with our iPhone 10. MR FOTO JOURNALIST. CHANGE.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asthmatic Patient Escapes Death In Port-Harcourt (Photos) by kennyman2000(m): 8:37pm On Feb 15, 2016
Hmmmmm
Re: Asthmatic Patient Escapes Death In Port-Harcourt (Photos) by Nobody: 8:39pm On Feb 15, 2016
Kk
Re: Asthmatic Patient Escapes Death In Port-Harcourt (Photos) by centyboy: 8:39pm On Feb 15, 2016
vanity upon vanity... cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Why Me?" - Beautiful Girl Scarred By Acid Attack Laments Online / 35-Year-Old Man Commits Suicide Over Hardship In Jigawa / Doctor Assaults Registered Nurse At Abaji General Hospital Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.