Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,515 members, 7,808,879 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:33 PM

Shadow The Destroyer - Pets (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Shadow The Destroyer (41381 Views)

I Got A Male And Female pup 4 sale From The Mother Of Shadow The Destroyer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shadow The Destroyer by blasiangurl85(f): 11:28am On Feb 20, 2016
Back to being friends again smiley

Re: Shadow The Destroyer by blasiangurl85(f): 11:30am On Feb 20, 2016
This dog is looooong!!!!! Is it normal for German Shepherd's to be this long?

4 Likes

Re: Shadow The Destroyer by blasiangurl85(f): 11:33am On Feb 20, 2016
Mckandre:
thank God m not alone. It seems its a common threat among GSDs.

Hahaha I think so. It's really annoying
Re: Shadow The Destroyer by EddyNumerouno(m): 12:56pm On Feb 20, 2016
You've got 6 cats and 3 dogs and your house isn't a warzone cool

I had a female Doberman (foxy) and a male rott (rogers) that managed to kill everything except my hedgehog. Every kill was a hit back to back, from the turkeys, neighbour's cats, goats and my monkey (bonzo)...story for another day.

The funny part is they made it impossible to stay mad at them for long. They weren't savages, very obedient but their prey drive was off the charts. How do you get your dogs and cats to cohabit without any incident?
CC blasiangurl85 prodeegee

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shadow The Destroyer by blackboy(m): 1:20pm On Feb 20, 2016
Thank you. I now have an idea and would see how to make one for my dogs to prevent them from crawling out the gate and going for garbage at night.

1 Like

Re: Shadow The Destroyer by miremoses(m): 8:16pm On Feb 21, 2016
truth be told madam...ur dog(shadow)really looks like an imported gsd...he looks superb a d I know ur doing a great work in taking care of this gentle giants..kudos

3 Likes

Re: Shadow The Destroyer by blasiangurl85(f): 10:05am On Feb 23, 2016
EddyNumerouno:
You've got 6 cats and 3 dogs and your house isn't a warzone cool

I had a female Doberman (foxy) and a male rott (rogers) that managed to kill everything except my hedgehog. Every kill was a hit back to back, from the turkeys, neighbour's cats, goats and my monkey (bonzo)...story for another day.

The funny part is they made it impossible to stay mad at them for long. They weren't savages, very obedient but their prey drive was off the charts. How do you get your dogs and cats to cohabit without any incident?
CC blasiangurl85 prodeegee

Haha nope, no warzone here. All my cats have been raised with dogs so they are able to cohabit without any problem. It's important to introduce them together at a very young age and even encourage them to feed together so it helps the bonding process.

3 Likes

Re: Shadow The Destroyer by blasiangurl85(f): 10:07am On Feb 23, 2016
miremoses:
truth be told madam...ur dog(shadow)really looks like an imported gsd...he looks superb a d I know ur doing a great work in taking care of this gentle giants..kudos

Thanks smiley he ain't no gentle giant though grin
Re: Shadow The Destroyer by blasiangurl85(f): 10:08am On Feb 23, 2016
Saw this picture on instagram and it really made me laugh because it's so true. I'm sure there are others who feel the same way

1 Like

Re: Shadow The Destroyer by miremoses(m): 10:22am On Feb 23, 2016
blasiangurl85:
Saw this picture on instagram and it really made me laugh because it's so true. I'm sure there are others who feel the same way
lol....gsd is easy to handle more than a rott

2 Likes

Re: Shadow The Destroyer by lacicrips(m): 5:44pm On Feb 23, 2016
blasiangurl85:

Thanks smiley he ain't no gentle giant though grin
Who did you buy shadow from, prodeegee?
Re: Shadow The Destroyer by Prodeegee(m): 7:35pm On Feb 23, 2016
lacicrips:

Who did you buy shadow from, prodeegee?
bobbysaxy
Re: Shadow The Destroyer by bonetalk(m): 8:44am On Feb 24, 2016
I will follow this thread to the end. I'm learning a lot

4 Likes

Re: Shadow The Destroyer by DidiLove1: 12:04pm On Feb 24, 2016
miremoses:
lol....gsd is easy to handle more than a rott

Please how did you arrive at this conclusion?
Re: Shadow The Destroyer by blasiangurl85(f): 12:47pm On Feb 24, 2016
bonetalk:
I will follow this thread to the end. I'm learning a lot

Thanks smiley

1 Like

Re: Shadow The Destroyer by blasiangurl85(f): 12:50pm On Feb 24, 2016
The Road to recovery

It's been really hard getting Shadow back to his normal weight. Loosing almost 10kg in 2 weeks was very drastic and scary. As he started getting better and I noticed his appetite was coming back, I didn't want to over load him with food. I started gradually giving him little food and then increasing the amount everyday. Unfortunately the butchers where I get chicken for shadow are having problems with their cold room so i have been unable to continue with his high protein diet. I opted to buy josera puppy food ( since technically at one year he's still considered a puppy). I mix it with can food and he seems to like this combo so far. It'll have to do for now. I have noticed he has definitely put on weight. I'm actually anxious to know how much but I'll have to wait till the month end because thats when he gets weighed by the vet. Feeding him chicken, aside from being better for dogs was/is actually cheaper than buying commercial dog food. I spend almost half of what i am spending right now when I buy chicken for him. Its more work though, in terms of preparing and storing it but definitely worth it. Ever since the he fractured his leg and tick fever i stopped walking shadow. I think I'll resume next week. I'm sure it's going to be "fun" walking him again after a while.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shadow The Destroyer by blasiangurl85(f): 12:52pm On Feb 24, 2016
Not quite there yet but definitely looking much better.

Re: Shadow The Destroyer by Seun(m): 1:48pm On Feb 24, 2016
It's been really hard getting Shadow back to his normal weight. ... Unfortunately the butchers where I get chicken for shadow are having problems with their cold room so i have been unable to continue with his high protein diet.
Counter-intuitively, a high protein diet is actually not good for weight gain. Many owners of fat dogs have said that their dogs lost weight after they switched to a raw diet. When I tried to fatten my dog with a raw diet, it didn't work. Once he ate a certain amount, he would start rejecting food. Which is embarrassing (and very funny, really) when the food in question is a juicy piece of Orobo chicken lap. Raw food is not fattening.

The secret to weight gain is the same for cows, chickens, human beings, and dogs: starchy food. It's so easy to digest and full of calories. Our family dogs are the fattest and yet most hyper-active dogs I have ever seen. Their staple food is rice and shawa fish, cooked and mixed up. I've also read that feeding a lot of puppy food to an adult dog can lead to weight gain, because puppy food is very rich, so you're on the right track.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shadow The Destroyer by ForexSQ: 2:04pm On Feb 24, 2016
Seun:

Counter-intuitively, a high protein diet is actually not good for weight gain. Many owners of fat dogs have said that their dogs lost weight after they switched to a raw diet. When I tried to fatten my dog with a raw diet, it didn't work. Once he ate a certain amount, he would start rejecting food. Which is embarrassing (and very funny, really) when the food in question is a juicy piece of Orobo chicken lap. Raw food is not fattening.

The secret to weight gain is the same for cows, chickens, human beings, and dogs: starchy food. It's so easy to digest and full of calories. Our family dogs are the fattest and yet most hyper-active dogs I have ever seen. Their staple food is rice and shawa fish, cooked and mixed up. I've also read that feeding a lot of puppy food to an adult dog can lead to weight gain, because puppy food is very rich, so you're on the right track.
i want to order advertising on this forum but need to speak with the owner first, would you email me or give me the email of the nairaland.com forum
Re: Shadow The Destroyer by blasiangurl85(f): 2:24pm On Feb 24, 2016
Seun:

Yes you are right, raw food isn't fattening at all. It just builds muscle mass which is what I want. Carbs like you said are full of calories but they are just empty calories. And for Mr Destroyer who is already so hyper giving him carbs would just make him super hyper. I might try this shawa fish and see if he likes it. Maybe I can mix it with the dry food.
Re: Shadow The Destroyer by blackboy(m): 3:30pm On Feb 24, 2016
Bobbysax is lucky to have you as one of his customers and to noted that Shadow was bought from him. The best PR any company/kennel can have.
Your story about show is one of the best if not the best , thanks to everyone's contribution and your excellent writing/communication skills. I have learnt n still learning

4 Likes

Re: Shadow The Destroyer by lacicrips(m): 4:22pm On Feb 24, 2016
Prodeegee:
bobbysaxy
Oh, that knucklehead.
Re: Shadow The Destroyer by ambient: 5:59pm On Feb 24, 2016
blasiangurl85 i so admire your gsd ooooo so cute.i have always insit that i must get my dog from this bobbysaxy anytime am ready because he always have good dogs regardless of any controversy associated with him.

1 Like

Re: Shadow The Destroyer by Endy10(m): 7:34pm On Feb 25, 2016
When I initially saw this post, I wanted to skip but got pushed by something to read, and I have to say I'm happy I did. The writing is so well constructed and each detail about shadow easy to comprehend. I've definitely learnt something from this dairy and I hope to learn more because I'll keep on reading. I plan on being a proud dog owner like you someday, and I pray I get a dog as beautiful asas shadow. More power to your elbow

4 Likes

Re: Shadow The Destroyer by bobbysaxy: 9:55pm On Feb 25, 2016
ambient:
blasiangurl85 i so admire your gsd ooooo so cute.i have always insit that i must get my dog from this bobbysaxy anytime am ready because he always have good dogs regardless of any controversy associated with him.
tanks sir...am looking forward to working with u soon...promise to give u the best...ur satisfaction is our ultimate goal..bobby saxy kennel....
Re: Shadow The Destroyer by bobbysaxy: 1:24pm On Feb 26, 2016
The head of shadow is sometim else and the degree of ears are perfect..
Also the length and height Is amazing...good maintenance...shadow is bcoming too popular like Bobbysaxy....over 1000views...lol....that's good....
Re: Shadow The Destroyer by miremoses(m): 1:57pm On Feb 26, 2016
bobbysaxy:
The head of shadow is sometim else and the degree of ears are perfect..
Also the length and height Is amazing...good maintenance...shadow is bcoming too popular like Bobbysaxy....over 1000views...lol....that's good....
lol..bobby d great..one day I will patronize with u..cos I know u deal with d best

1 Like

Re: Shadow The Destroyer by bobbysaxy: 2:01pm On Feb 26, 2016
miremoses:
lol..bobby d great..one day I will patronize with u..cos I know u deal with d best
wow I can't wait for dat day...if u buy a dog from me I will vote for u wen u contest for the next presidency....I can't wait to have u as our next president,ur excellency sir miremose
Re: Shadow The Destroyer by miremoses(m): 2:04pm On Feb 26, 2016
lol..I will become president when corruption is gone...not now Nigeria z in distress.. tanks tho grin
Re: Shadow The Destroyer by bobbysaxy: 2:07pm On Feb 26, 2016
miremoses:
lol..I will become president when corruption is gone...not now Nigeria z in distress.. tanks tho grin
lol...we need serious prayers in the country....God bless naija
Re: Shadow The Destroyer by Mckandre(m): 2:59pm On Feb 26, 2016
bobbysaxy:
lol...we need serious prayers in the country....God bless naija
do u still have that slant gsd u posted here?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Dog Owner Offers N100K Reward For Missing Dogs, Romulus & Remus (Photo) / Top 5 Dog Breeds That Are Best For Guarding Nigerian Homes / See The Viper That My Neighbours Brutally Executed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.