Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,478 members, 7,781,397 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:46 PM

Mikel Shines: Do You Think Mourinho Would Have Allowed Mikel To Play UCL? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Shines: Do You Think Mourinho Would Have Allowed Mikel To Play UCL? (27458 Views)

Kidnapping: Emenike Advises Mikel To Buy His Parents House Outside Enugu / Mikel To Play Argentina Match With Injury. / Fan Advises Mikel To Leave Olga Diyachenko & Come & Marry In Nigeria. She Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mikel Shines: Do You Think Mourinho Would Have Allowed Mikel To Play UCL? by robosky02(m): 10:09am On Feb 17, 2016
Chelsea’s Mikel Obi scores 2nd ever goal in UEFA Champions League against PSG, watch here…

Super Eagles midfielder John Mikel Obi scored his second ever UEFA Champions League goal on his 58th appearance for Chelsea in the competition during their ‘Round of 16’ clash with PSG at the Parc des Princes in Paris.

The midfielder, who netted his first UCL goal during Chelsea’s 3-1 defeat of Sporting Lisbon in October 2014 at the Stamford Bridge, only have to play a couple of games to become the Nigerian player with highest appearance in the European competition, as former Arsenal FC player, Nwankwo Kanu leads with 60.

http://thenet.ng/2016/02/chelseas-mikel-obi-scores-2nd-ever-goal-in-uefa-champions-league-against-psg-watch-here/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mikel Shines: Do You Think Mourinho Would Have Allowed Mikel To Play UCL? by Nathe11: 10:11am On Feb 17, 2016
kiss

2 Likes

Re: Mikel Shines: Do You Think Mourinho Would Have Allowed Mikel To Play UCL? by robosky02(m): 10:27am On Feb 17, 2016
odinarily i thought Mikel was finish i even argued with safarigirl but with his resurgence under Hinduk mehn

i change my mind Mourinho has really killed our Mikel

what your take guys

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mikel Shines: Do You Think Mourinho Would Have Allowed Mikel To Play UCL? by cruzita(f): 10:34am On Feb 17, 2016
robosky02:

odinarily i thought Mikel was finish i even argued with safarigirl but with his resurgence under Hinduk mehn

what your take guys

optional1, Nubian113, cruzita, blueto(m), Optional2(f), TheSuperNerd(m), shizzy7(f), mikron, azeeza(f), safarigirl(f),uduokirika1, Ajibel(m), Evestar200(f), uzolexis(f), sharperino honeric01(m),
mourihno destroyed Mikel ,but u can see changes in his games under this new manager .I have always known Mikel to be a game killer ,he doesn't push attacks ,u give him pass at the midfield and he sends it back to the keeper,but now he gives accurate passes,opens up to receive passes and even tries to score. Under hiddink I think we are going to see more of Mikel.I rest my case

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mikel Shines: Do You Think Mourinho Would Have Allowed Mikel To Play UCL? by robosky02(m): 12:57pm On Feb 17, 2016
cruzita:
mourihno destroyed Mikel ,but u can see changes in his games under this new manager .I have always known Mikel to be a game killer ,he doesn't push attacks ,u give him pass at the midfield and he sends it back to the keeper,but now he gives accurate passes,opens up to receive passes and even tries to score. Under hiddink I think we are going to see more of Mikel.I rest my case

exactly the rebirt of mikel

good for nigeria

14 Likes

Re: Mikel Shines: Do You Think Mourinho Would Have Allowed Mikel To Play UCL? by mikron(m): 9:33am On Feb 22, 2016
robosky02:

what your take guys

optional1, Nubian113, cruzita, blueto(m), Optional2(f), TheSuperNerd(m), shizzy7(f), mikron, azeeza(f), safarigirl(f),uduokirika1, Ajibel(m), Evestar200(f), uzolexis(f), sharperino honeric01(m),
mikel has always been a good player from his youthful days, with the right manager to guide him he always gives u the best, i hope oliseh is watching this new resurgent mikel? the boy is good.

18 Likes

Re: Mikel Shines: Do You Think Mourinho Would Have Allowed Mikel To Play UCL? by robosky02(m): 9:35am On Feb 22, 2016
mikron:
mikel has always been a good player from his youthful days, with the right manager to guide him he always gives u the best, i hope oliseh is watching this new resurgent mikel? the boy is good.

yea i like that the boy is good

hopefully he wins the african best tis year

3 Likes

Re: Mikel Shines: Do You Think Mourinho Would Have Allowed Mikel To Play UCL? by mikron(m): 3:00pm On Feb 22, 2016
robosky02:

yea i like that the boy is good

hopefully he wins the african best tis year
very possible

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mikel Shines: Do You Think Mourinho Would Have Allowed Mikel To Play UCL? by Segadem(m): 3:04pm On Feb 22, 2016
mikron:
yeah he's good but inferiority complex dhey worry am.

25 Likes

Re: Mikel Shines: Do You Think Mourinho Would Have Allowed Mikel To Play UCL? by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:16pm On Feb 22, 2016
That's not true even in the far reaches of saturn....... Mikel suffers no inferiority complex.

Segadem:

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mikel Shines: Do You Think Mourinho Would Have Allowed Mikel To Play UCL? by robosky02(m): 3:19pm On Feb 22, 2016
Segadem:

inferiority gini

abegii

that dude bosses chelsea

7 Likes

Re: Mikel Shines: Do You Think Mourinho Would Have Allowed Mikel To Play UCL? by Segadem(m): 4:01pm On Feb 22, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
That's not true even in the far reaches of saturn....... Mikel suffers no inferiority complex.

robosky02:

inferiority gini

abegii

that dude bosses chelsea

Mikel lacks the confidence to go forward, how many times have u seen him in an eighteen box? We always see Cahil, John Terry, even Zouma coming from far back behind to score, and someone who is a mid-fielder refuses to go forward. What happened against PSG shows to us clearly that if can go forward he too will become a regular goal scorer, and will all knew what prompted his decision to move forward that day. He wanted to redeem his image for the goal he caused.
Another thing about him is that he's too conscious of making any mistake and when u don't want to take a risk u can't get the best out of life. We know how he plays as a commander-in-chief in all aspect in Super Eagles team, he wants to play all the corner, he wants to play all the free kick, and he wants to play penalty as well,and the question is how many corners has he played for Chelsea and how many free kicks has he played for them? if inferiority complex no dhey worry am why will u have boldness at home and timid abroad?
I love him as a Chelsea fan, his success is our joy and the joy of Nigeria as a nation!

86 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mikel Shines: Do You Think Mourinho Would Have Allowed Mikel To Play UCL? by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:57pm On Feb 22, 2016
In all of these, Mikel has still scored 6 goals for Chelsea since the 2006/07 season as A DMF.

HOW MANY DID MAKALELE SCORE FOR CHELSEA?? 20?? 10??

One more question, how many goals have Mascherano scored for FC Barcelona as a DMF/Defender?. And pls, does his little or NO RETURN make him inferior?

Leave Mikel alone..... He got no inferiority complex. Every trophy he won at Chelsea, he was a major player in them..... 2009/2010 Epl title, 2012 UCL title, 2013 Europa league title, ALL FOUR F.A cup titles, and much more......

Nigeria conquered Africa because Mikel stood up to the Best Africa had to offer in midfield from Yaya toure to seydou keita even to Alain Traore.

Mikel bossed Yaya when Chelsea narrowly lost via the "away goals rule" in 2010/2011 UCL semi-finals. And bossed Yaya again when Nigeria overcame Ivory Coast @Afcon 2013.

Mikel bossed the Spanish midfielders @Fifa confederations cup 2013. And literally tore the Uruguayans apart. Inexperience and absence of other key players like Onazi (mikel's trusted midfield partner), Victor Moses, and Emenike (then on fire.... Seems he's discovered himself again for west ham) affected The Super Eagles @Fifa confed cup 2013.

Life itself is a risk.... No risks, no rewards..... Mikel may be short of true greatness because he may never live up to his fullest soccer potentials which we all saw @Fifa U-20 2005 BUT HE'S DONE ENOUGH IN THE PATH HE CHOSE AND WILL GO DOWN IN HISTORY AS ONE OF AFRICA'S TOP 5 MOST DECORATED PLAYERS OF ALL TIME.......

Others in Mikel's elite club from Africa are Samuel Eto'o fils, Nwankwo Kanu, Didier Drogba, and even Seydou Keita.....

We can keep playing the game of "what ifs"..... What if he went to man utd? What if he never met mourinho? What if, what if what if

But Mikel's place is already among legends...... He's led Nigeria to a major continental title.

Messi is yet to do same for Argentina despite all his achievements and for me, messi is the best in this generation and arguably the best in history.... Maybe second only to the king Pele...(Edson arantes dos nascimento)

So this and many more is why I maintain that even in the far reaches of saturn or our galaxy or any other galaxy..... Mikel does not suffer any form of inferiority complex.

He may never fulfill his highest potentials which is so sad but he still remains "a midfield boss".....

Even the catalan greats, Xavi, iniesta and busquets agree to this after what they witnessed at his hands during the Fifa confederations cup 2013.

Segadem:

Mikel lacks the confidence to go forward, how many times have u seen him in an eighteen box? We always see Cahil, John Terry, even Zouma coming from far back behind to score, and someone who is a mid-fielder refuses to go forward. What happened against PSG shows to us clearly that if can go forward he too will become a regular goal scorer, and will all knew what prompted his decision to move forward that day. He wanted to redeem his image for the goal he caused.
Another thing about him is that he's too conscious of making any mistake and when u don't want to take a risk u can't get the best out of life. We know how he plays as a commander-in-chief in all aspect in Super Eagles team, he wants to play all the corner, he wants to play all the free kick, and he wants to play penalty as well,and the question is how many corners has he played for Chelsea and how many free kicks has he played for them? if inferiority complex no dhey worry am why will u have boldness at home and timid abroad?
I love him as a Chelsea fan, his success is our joy and the joy of Nigeria as a nation!

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mikel Shines: Do You Think Mourinho Would Have Allowed Mikel To Play UCL? by BTT(m): 5:14pm On Feb 22, 2016
Oba mewa igba mewa.

2 Likes

Re: Mikel Shines: Do You Think Mourinho Would Have Allowed Mikel To Play UCL? by CaroLyner(f): 5:15pm On Feb 22, 2016
what is footballl news doing on frontpage on a monday

2 Likes

Re: Mikel Shines: Do You Think Mourinho Would Have Allowed Mikel To Play UCL? by SynNelson(m): 5:15pm On Feb 22, 2016
#team_Mikel_is_a_symbol_of_buhari_change grin
Re: Mikel Shines: Do You Think Mourinho Would Have Allowed Mikel To Play UCL? by vosquare: 5:15pm On Feb 22, 2016
grin
Re: Mikel Shines: Do You Think Mourinho Would Have Allowed Mikel To Play UCL? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Feb 22, 2016
smiley
Re: Mikel Shines: Do You Think Mourinho Would Have Allowed Mikel To Play UCL? by Lasveg(m): 5:17pm On Feb 22, 2016
am laughing at chelsea for not wanting to make hiddink their permanent manager. The bloke has an outstanding record at chelsea plus only 2 defeats in his two stints as a chelsea manager.

3 Likes

Re: Mikel Shines: Do You Think Mourinho Would Have Allowed Mikel To Play UCL? by HopeAtHand: 5:17pm On Feb 22, 2016
Yea.. Mikel is life and life is Mikel grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mikel Shines: Do You Think Mourinho Would Have Allowed Mikel To Play UCL? by BizBayo: 5:18pm On Feb 22, 2016
I guess yes, but maybe towards the end of the match.
Re: Mikel Shines: Do You Think Mourinho Would Have Allowed Mikel To Play UCL? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Feb 22, 2016
Mikel's resurgence, good for Chelsea, good for Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Mikel Shines: Do You Think Mourinho Would Have Allowed Mikel To Play UCL? by engrjacuzzi: 5:20pm On Feb 22, 2016
Mikel has defected to the change party which has improved his style of passing game.

had GEJ still been in power, the story may have changed. thanks to guus hinddick.

1 Like

Re: Mikel Shines: Do You Think Mourinho Would Have Allowed Mikel To Play UCL? by ChappyChase: 5:20pm On Feb 22, 2016
Sure, mourinho will let him play maybe at the 88 minute!!!
Re: Mikel Shines: Do You Think Mourinho Would Have Allowed Mikel To Play UCL? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Feb 22, 2016
HopeAtHand:
Yea.. Mikel is life and life is Mikel grin
First time, I agree with you. To even think I left Arsenal because of Mikel is a mystery.
Blues is the colour bro.
Re: Mikel Shines: Do You Think Mourinho Would Have Allowed Mikel To Play UCL? by tosyne2much(m): 5:21pm On Feb 22, 2016
I don't think Mourinho would have allowed Mikel play if he was still the coach
Re: Mikel Shines: Do You Think Mourinho Would Have Allowed Mikel To Play UCL? by HopeAtHand: 5:22pm On Feb 22, 2016
Chiwude:
First time, I agree with you. To even think I left Arsenal because of Mikel is a mystery.
Blues is the colour bro.

U welcome bro.. good to know ure blue.
Re: Mikel Shines: Do You Think Mourinho Would Have Allowed Mikel To Play UCL? by fineyemi(m): 5:24pm On Feb 22, 2016
Have always love mikel right from the onset, but when i watch chelsea game in viewing centres, People just insult the guy. Mikel has really improved under hiddink and i can see all fans loving him the more. I love Mikel. Up Gunners

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mikel Shines: Do You Think Mourinho Would Have Allowed Mikel To Play UCL? by iceberylin(m): 5:25pm On Feb 22, 2016
What if he hadnt and won undecided
Re: Mikel Shines: Do You Think Mourinho Would Have Allowed Mikel To Play UCL? by Mopolchi: 5:26pm On Feb 22, 2016
The answer is no but now Mikel is shaming Mourinho.

1 Like

Re: Mikel Shines: Do You Think Mourinho Would Have Allowed Mikel To Play UCL? by seankay(m): 5:27pm On Feb 22, 2016
I like Mourinho and i'm one of his greatest fan however Mourinho is a manager that lacks patience with Potential Players because of his thirst for immediate success. He also doesn't have personal chats with his players to know what's bothering them or to encourage them. Once you don't fit into his plans,he never gives you the opportunity and relegates you to the bench till the next transfer market when he sells you off.

I like Hiddink's style and I hope he manages Chelsea beyond the summer

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Giorgio Chiellini & Leonardo Bonucci Criticize Ronaldo For Rejoining Man United / David Moyes Shows Support For Kurt Zouma / Top 10 Most Expensive Goalkeepers As At 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.