Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,663 members, 7,801,917 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:49 AM

Asisat Oshoala To Speak At Fifa Women’s Football And Leadership Conference - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Asisat Oshoala To Speak At Fifa Women’s Football And Leadership Conference (9564 Views)

Asisat Oshoala Flaunts Her Long Legs In Bum Shorts (Photos) / Amaju Pinick Pictured With Lionel Messi At Fifa Awards (pics) / Asisat Oshoala Wows In Bikini At The Beach (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Asisat Oshoala To Speak At Fifa Women’s Football And Leadership Conference by robosky02(m): 10:36am On Feb 17, 2016
The Super Falcons star and American football legend Abby Wambach will be addressing a forum at the home of Fifa in Switzerland on March 7

Nigeria international Asisat Oshoala joins a raft of footballing legends and big football names who will speak at the Fifa Women’s Football and Leadership Conference, Switzerland on March 7, 2016.

The gathering titled ‘Equality Through Reform’ accords with the International Women’s Day will bring together diverse voices from sport and wider society to channel a roadmap in which women in football can be further promoted.

Oshoala joins 2012 Fifa Women’s World Player of the Year, Abby Wambach, Samar Nassar (Chief Executive Director of the Local Organising Committee for the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup Jordan 2016) and Brigitte Henriques (General Secretary of the French Football Association) in the forum which is a proactive step for the world football governing body to drive progress for a new era of development and engagement in women’s football.

Billie Jean King, founder of Women’s Sport Foundation; Kristin Hetle, Director of Strategic Partnerships at UN Women, and the FIFA Executive Committee representatives, Lydia Nsekera, Sonia Bien-Aime and Moya Dodd, will kick off the panel discussions.

Panel speakers on Taking women’s football to the next level

Asisat Lamina Oshoala (Nigeria national team player)
Abby Wambach (USA national team player)
Samar Nassar (Chief Executive Director of the Local Organising Committee for the FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup Jordan 2016)
Barbara Slater (Director of BBC Sport)
Brigitte Henriques (General Secretary of the French Football Association)

Panel speakers on Diversity for success
Ebru Köksal (FIFA consultant)
Michael Kimmel (Professor of Sociology and Gender Studies, Stony Brook University)
Donna de Varona (Olympic champion, lead advisor to the EY Women Athletes Business Network)
Felicite Rwemarika (Executive member and chairwoman of the Women’s Football Commission at the Rwandan Football Association)
Annie Zaidi (Founder of the CoachAnnieZ Foundation)

Panel speakers on 2016 FIFA reforms – women’s football and women in football
Sunil Gulati (President of the United States Soccer Federation)
Moya Dodd (FIFA Executive Committee co-opted member)

Sarai Bareman (OFC Deputy General Secretary)
Sylvia Schenk (CAS arbitrator)
Amanda Davies (CNN Sports Anchor/Correspondent)
A FIFA representative

http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/4093/nigerian-football/2016/02/16/20404992/asisat-oshoala-to-speak-at-fifa-womens-football-and?ICID=HP_HN_2

1 Like

Re: Asisat Oshoala To Speak At Fifa Women’s Football And Leadership Conference by redvektor(m): 10:37am On Feb 17, 2016
nice one i love to see my fellow nigerians make the news for great fins

babe the sky is ur starting point
go make us proud

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asisat Oshoala To Speak At Fifa Women’s Football And Leadership Conference by robosky02(m): 10:54am On Feb 17, 2016
redvektor:

go make us proud

yea good one to see african voice been heard loud and clear it was mercy akide now ashiola

1 Like

Re: Asisat Oshoala To Speak At Fifa Women’s Football And Leadership Conference by DICKtator: 11:02am On Feb 17, 2016
grin grin grin grin.
Re: Asisat Oshoala To Speak At Fifa Women’s Football And Leadership Conference by Gistbaze: 11:02am On Feb 17, 2016
Sam Mbonu, Former Naija FM Sports Presenter Narrowly Escapes Death in Ghastly Accident

http://bazenaija.com/sam-mbonu-former-naija-fm-sports-presenter-narrowly-escapes-death-in-ghastly-accident/

Nigerian Army Kills More Boko Haram Insurgents and Rescue Hostages (PHOTOS)

http://bazenaija.com/re-nigerian-army-kills-more-boko-haram-insurgents-and-rescue-hostages-photos/
Re: Asisat Oshoala To Speak At Fifa Women’s Football And Leadership Conference by techmart(m): 11:02am On Feb 17, 2016
Nigerians...proudly 9ja
Re: Asisat Oshoala To Speak At Fifa Women’s Football And Leadership Conference by robosky02(m): 11:02am On Feb 17, 2016
Asisat Lamina Oshoala MON (born 9 October 1994) is a Nigerian professional footballer who plays for Liverpool Ladies. She was named best player and was the highest goal scorer at the 2014 FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup. She was also named best player and second top goalscorer with the Super Falcons team who won the 2014 African Women's Championship.

Oshoala missed two months of the 2015 season with a knee injury, as defending champions Liverpool finished seventh of eight teams.[6] In January 2016 Liverpool reported that a transfer bid from Arsenal Ladies had activated the release clause in Oshoala's contract and that she was discussing personal terms with the London club.[7][8]

International career:
Oshoala found success as a forward for Nigeria's youth teams but made most of her early appearances for the senior national team as an attacking midfielder. She was nicknamed "Seedorf" after male footballer Clarence Seedorf and has also been referred to as "Superzee" by her teammates.

She was named best player and with seven goals was also the top goal scorer at the 2014 FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup. She was also named best player and second top goalscorer with the Super Falcons team who won the 2014 African Women's Championship. She also won the BBC Women's Footballer of the Year 2015.

In September 2014 Oshoala was made a Member of the Order of the Niger by President of Nigeria Goodluck Jonathan. On 8 June 2015 in Winnipeg, Canada, Oshoala opened her senior FIFA Women's World Cup account by scoring Nigeria's second goal in a 3–3 draw with Sweden.

2 Likes

Re: Asisat Oshoala To Speak At Fifa Women’s Football And Leadership Conference by deebsman1(m): 11:03am On Feb 17, 2016
D poster below me thou.....must u always criticize

1 Like

Re: Asisat Oshoala To Speak At Fifa Women’s Football And Leadership Conference by Nobody: 11:03am On Feb 17, 2016
I still don't understand why BBC and CNN uses dull cameras to snap or record anything Africa to make it look muddy and blurry.

Their bring anything Africa down mentality is second to none.

Anyways, I'm very impressed with this news

2 Likes

Re: Asisat Oshoala To Speak At Fifa Women’s Football And Leadership Conference by kullozone(m): 11:03am On Feb 17, 2016
Nice
Re: Asisat Oshoala To Speak At Fifa Women’s Football And Leadership Conference by ozila(m): 11:04am On Feb 17, 2016
chai my exgirlfriend why I come leave you na
Re: Asisat Oshoala To Speak At Fifa Women’s Football And Leadership Conference by Segadem(m): 11:04am On Feb 17, 2016
good

1 Like

Re: Asisat Oshoala To Speak At Fifa Women’s Football And Leadership Conference by Segadem(m): 11:05am On Feb 17, 2016
ozila:
chai my exgirlfriend why I come leave you na
dreamer
Re: Asisat Oshoala To Speak At Fifa Women’s Football And Leadership Conference by Nobody: 11:06am On Feb 17, 2016
I still don't understand why BBC and CNN uses dull cameras to snap or record anything Africa to make it look muddy and blurry.

Their bring anything Africa down mentality is second to none.

Anyways, I'm very impressed with this news

1 Like

Re: Asisat Oshoala To Speak At Fifa Women’s Football And Leadership Conference by siegfried99(m): 11:06am On Feb 17, 2016
OK cool
Re: Asisat Oshoala To Speak At Fifa Women’s Football And Leadership Conference by orlarbissy(f): 11:07am On Feb 17, 2016
Proudly Niaja
Re: Asisat Oshoala To Speak At Fifa Women’s Football And Leadership Conference by Paulasexy(f): 11:08am On Feb 17, 2016
wonder babe
Re: Asisat Oshoala To Speak At Fifa Women’s Football And Leadership Conference by ssoftappless(m): 11:09am On Feb 17, 2016
KAZIBLAKE come and see ur mate
Re: Asisat Oshoala To Speak At Fifa Women’s Football And Leadership Conference by Pavore9: 11:09am On Feb 17, 2016
Making us proud.
Re: Asisat Oshoala To Speak At Fifa Women’s Football And Leadership Conference by Adonis3: 11:11am On Feb 17, 2016
if I hear say cruzita nor show for heregrin

Nice one aziz

Keep repping us good

#Adonis3HasSopken
Re: Asisat Oshoala To Speak At Fifa Women’s Football And Leadership Conference by Smellymouth: 11:16am On Feb 17, 2016
Nice one
Re: Asisat Oshoala To Speak At Fifa Women’s Football And Leadership Conference by hardbody: 11:18am On Feb 17, 2016
redvektor:

go make us proud

I am not being rude, and i am honestly seeking knowledge and information, is she well read and can she speak good english? Most Nigerian male players were just terrible, except for those that were already playing abroad.
Re: Asisat Oshoala To Speak At Fifa Women’s Football And Leadership Conference by Innodon(m): 11:18am On Feb 17, 2016
Good for her
Re: Asisat Oshoala To Speak At Fifa Women’s Football And Leadership Conference by seangy4konji: 11:20am On Feb 17, 2016
My girlfriend.

1 Like

Re: Asisat Oshoala To Speak At Fifa Women’s Football And Leadership Conference by robosky02(m): 11:23am On Feb 17, 2016
@cruzita

where is that picture you snap with Oshiola
put it here lets build our hope

till the day FIFA will invite you lol
Re: Asisat Oshoala To Speak At Fifa Women’s Football And Leadership Conference by cruzita(f): 11:24am On Feb 17, 2016
Adonis3:
if I hear say cruzita nor show for heregrin

Nice one aziz

Keep repping us good

#Adonis3HasSopken
u go pay flight money for me?
Re: Asisat Oshoala To Speak At Fifa Women’s Football And Leadership Conference by cruzita(f): 11:28am On Feb 17, 2016
robosky02:

@cruzita

where is that picture you snap with Oshiola
put it here lets build our hope

till the day FIFA will invite you lol
I tryst my former sports mother na she will make us proud
Re: Asisat Oshoala To Speak At Fifa Women’s Football And Leadership Conference by Nobody: 11:30am On Feb 17, 2016
how does this affect our exchange rate
Re: Asisat Oshoala To Speak At Fifa Women’s Football And Leadership Conference by Healthybiz: 11:31am On Feb 17, 2016
smiley

1 Like

Re: Asisat Oshoala To Speak At Fifa Women’s Football And Leadership Conference by seunlayi(m): 11:33am On Feb 17, 2016
is it N1 to $1 dollar now?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

See Dates, Time And Venue For The Super Falcons Summer Tour Of The USA. / Rafa Nadal Pulls Out Of Wimbledon, Tokyo Olympics / Sandro Tonali Likely To Get 10-Month Ban In Gambling Probe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.