Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,496 members, 7,781,486 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:25 PM

The Shortest Period You Ever Worked In A Coy Before. - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Shortest Period You Ever Worked In A Coy Before. (12895 Views)

100 Excavators Worked Together To Dismantle A Bridge Overnight In China(Photos) / Coy I Worked For Refused To Pay Me My Expenses, Pensions And One Month In Lieu / 16 Things You Can Relate To If You Ever Worked In A Bank -Zikoko! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Shortest Period You Ever Worked In A Coy Before. by aalangel(f): 5:02pm On Feb 19, 2016
One month in a bank, paid my tithe, left for a better job on the Island.

2 Likes

Re: The Shortest Period You Ever Worked In A Coy Before. by asalimpo(m): 5:03pm On Feb 19, 2016
just4dem:
Mmeenn water don pass garri oh!.. .My own was pretty funny. I'd just left skol, finished up my final exam and was expecting my result. I quickly got to the dept ofx and collected "to whom it may concern" letter. I wanted to start looking for job while I awaited my nysc posting. . .so many things were on my mind. Firstly, I decided to look for sales jobs cos that shld be easier, I quickly prepared a "1-page" CV, oboy! Na only I.T 6-month experience dey there. . . I made up mind to get smthg doing and start making money!. . . .how did it go? . .
I listed some coys where I could possibly be engaged, I later narrowed it down to few coys with close proximity . One day, I woke up pretty early, I'd my shower and dressed up. I'd this 3- in -1 printer lyk that, it scans, prints and can make photocpy, so I quickly make lyk 20 copies of my cv "quite funny I swear". I left home looking like a Banker. . .
I decided to walk to "company x" closest to my residence. I never knew anyone working there so I thought, "these company's drivers can be of help, let me meet them" as I arrived at the company car park, I walked to one of the drivers. I told him I was looking for a job cos I was tired of staying at home and I handed him a copy of my Cv. He replied, "My son too has finished his nysc since last year and still staying idle, this our country self na God go help us." I quickly moved to other drivers but no help seemed coming from them (they all looked so frustrated like an hausa man climbing mount everest) . . .Fast forward to how the game changed! ! ! . . . I need 20likes to continue
See y nairaland needs a 'hate' button. We need an acid button to corrode whatever "likes" trollers/derailers like you bag!

8 Likes

Re: The Shortest Period You Ever Worked In A Coy Before. by opethom(m): 5:07pm On Feb 19, 2016
2hours, I resumed around 10am and ran away during break.. I resumed to a factory in ibadan where they are producing shoe about 3 thumb broke by their molder withing that period so I gat no option that to run for my life

4 Likes

Re: The Shortest Period You Ever Worked In A Coy Before. by Kompany3: 5:12pm On Feb 19, 2016
Just a night. D work was so hectic n I had to leave earliest morning.
Re: The Shortest Period You Ever Worked In A Coy Before. by asalimpo(m): 5:12pm On Feb 19, 2016
macklef:

Its against labour laws for infants to work let alone collect pay. D coy should have sued u for applying sef.
I think the poster was intending to say "infact" but suffered a typo.
Re: The Shortest Period You Ever Worked In A Coy Before. by F22RAPTOR(m): 5:29pm On Feb 19, 2016
kceewhyte:
u mean shove it up his ass
hahahaha...bro, I'm trying to be polite.

1 Like

Re: The Shortest Period You Ever Worked In A Coy Before. by cherry007(f): 5:32pm On Feb 19, 2016
@asamlipo hv already forgiven her, buh please if there is any way you got to see a job vacancy you think I can do with my qualification kindly mail me please I dnt want my children to suffer and that is why I've been bearing all what she is making me pass through am been paid 45k and it was by divine intervention I got the job.she always make this comment "let me see how she will make it if I terminate her appointment"

1 Like

Re: The Shortest Period You Ever Worked In A Coy Before. by tuna4servi(m): 5:36pm On Feb 19, 2016
1 day without payment
Re: The Shortest Period You Ever Worked In A Coy Before. by asalimpo(m): 5:39pm On Feb 19, 2016
tweeby:
Just a month cry I was asked not to come again for no solid reason. I'm so sad n in pain but I know God will heal my heart.! My boss kinda like me, try all means to get me but I'm not just dat kinda gal. Wen I got to work today,he told d secretary to ask me leave b4 he returns n d funny part is dat dis dude hasn't paid me.
He shud pay u.
Press for it if you can (no risk to your self)
#my condolence

1 Like

Re: The Shortest Period You Ever Worked In A Coy Before. by 1miccza: 5:40pm On Feb 19, 2016
shrimati:
Mine was just 11 months... I could not just take it, I had to take the plunge and resigned. Funny enough after I left they employed 3 people subsquently in that my position they all left. I even heard one young dude left the second day he got the work... I just smiled when I heard (so what I took for 11 months this fella could not hold it for a day) So let's hear yours and reason you left. Maybe someone can learn from that. cheers...

You even tried,mine was 3 months,i simply disappeared, off their radar
Re: The Shortest Period You Ever Worked In A Coy Before. by SleemBadGuy(m): 5:48pm On Feb 19, 2016
1 month Only...

SuperHorrible Female Boss..

Still working on my plan to ruin her life tho...

She messed with the wrong graduate.

1 Like

Re: The Shortest Period You Ever Worked In A Coy Before. by taurus21: 5:57pm On Feb 19, 2016
I spent just over a year with the company, I still can't believe I stayed that long. Some many irregularities, the terms of agreement were never followed, 10% deduction from a meagre salary for what I can't explain, I was Business development manager, sales Executive, accountant and store keeper all at the same time, coupled with that,the operations manager was always on my neck, salary cut without reason, I could go on and on.

I ended the relationship when they decided to transfer me to the far north and gave me only 3 days notice .Immediately I received the letter, I sat down and composed a very lengthy resignation letter.
The HR dept kept on sending me mails but I ignored them, made up my mind that I will never go back to that hell hole.
Re: The Shortest Period You Ever Worked In A Coy Before. by asalimpo(m): 5:57pm On Feb 19, 2016
cherry007:
@asamlipo hv already forgiven her, buh please if there is any way you got to see a job vacancy you think I can do with my qualification kindly mail me please I dnt want my children to suffer and that is why I've been bearing all what she is making me pass through am been paid 45k and it was by divine intervention I got the job.she always make this comment "let me see how she will make it if I terminate her appointment"
So she saw herself as your life source. Most employers will look down on you too, sorry but in 9ja , non uni education Bsc is equals to "functional illiterate". Even ond,hnd are looked down upon talkless of ssce. Sorry,but that's the case. So long term solution would be to get out of the stigma (get a bsc), I know. It requires money you dont have.
You may hav to consider self employment, instead of job seeking . It requires capital too. But a business can grow. Unlike a job where your salary is static.

#last year some1 was desperate for a job above her N30k pay! She is a graduate.
Re: The Shortest Period You Ever Worked In A Coy Before. by Dindondin(m): 6:02pm On Feb 19, 2016
1 season
Re: The Shortest Period You Ever Worked In A Coy Before. by Nobody: 6:17pm On Feb 19, 2016
1 day!

Cc: Kachisbarbie grin
Re: The Shortest Period You Ever Worked In A Coy Before. by kobonaire(m): 6:17pm On Feb 19, 2016
mrlaw93:
U re a LovePeddler
you are an äss-clown
Re: The Shortest Period You Ever Worked In A Coy Before. by Nobody: 6:18pm On Feb 19, 2016
iAmCharis:
1 day!

Cc: Kachisbarbie grin

hahahaha. I gisted my hubby about that your job and we had a good laugh grin
I have done one of 2days, a school. That na story for another day.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Shortest Period You Ever Worked In A Coy Before. by Dolypson04(m): 6:26pm On Feb 19, 2016
2 weeks. Some two years ago, I worked for a Chinese company during ASUU 6 months strike. The guy that got me the job told me they pay 1k per day but in truth, they start wt 5h. I discovered that after about 8 days of working. You av to work there for 2 yrs b4 they pay u 1k per day. Those Chinese treated us like rags.
You will hear them rant in Ijebu coupled wt pidgin and hausa English; "Me for finish you, You, you no sabi worker, your wayo wayo he too much, Masamasa!". Since then I vowed never to work as a casual staff. I waited for 2 wks only cos that was d minimum duration they pay. Had it bn its daily payment, would av left d second day.

4 Likes

Re: The Shortest Period You Ever Worked In A Coy Before. by Nobody: 7:07pm On Feb 19, 2016
macklef:
2months. And on my CV, i worked there for 1year.

Hehehehehehehe sharp guy cheesy
Re: The Shortest Period You Ever Worked In A Coy Before. by Nobody: 7:12pm On Feb 19, 2016
Kachisbarbie:

hahahaha. I gisted my hubby about that your job and we had a good laugh grin
I have done one of 2days, a school. That na story for another day.
Hahahaha what an experience. grin grin

You did two days? Do come gist me. grin grin
Re: The Shortest Period You Ever Worked In A Coy Before. by Chiccly(f): 8:06pm On Feb 19, 2016
3months.

Spent almost all my savings transporting my self to the office for a salary below 30,000.
l left without notice one day. But today, Oluwa don do am.

l don port to better life

3 Likes

Re: The Shortest Period You Ever Worked In A Coy Before. by shrimati(m): 8:20pm On Feb 19, 2016
cherry007:
please dear when you get a better offer try and get yourself more equipped. With your experience opportunities abound.
Re: The Shortest Period You Ever Worked In A Coy Before. by shrimati(m): 8:26pm On Feb 19, 2016
most employers are mean operating under draconian rules. God help employees.
Re: The Shortest Period You Ever Worked In A Coy Before. by chukxy44(m): 8:28pm On Feb 19, 2016
Mine was 4 days . Was on leave, got an invite for interview scaled through to see what the firm had to offer but then my present job is still way beta. So as the leave done almost end, I just resign use the last day of the leave rest for house.
Re: The Shortest Period You Ever Worked In A Coy Before. by Kookny(m): 8:36pm On Feb 19, 2016
cherry007:
@asamli.po hv already forgiven her, buh please if there is any way you got to see a job vacancy you think I can do with my qualification kindly mail me please I dnt want my children to suffer and that is why I've been bearing all what she is making me pass through am been paid 45k and it was by divine intervention I got the job.she always make this comment "let me see how she will make it if I terminate her appointment"

Have you noticed the nairalander Debbie? she's a regular job vacancy poster on here.

I suggest you should follow her, check out her threads.

I'll quote a few, so you could carry on from there.

https://www.nairaland.com/2907013/updated-new-job-vacancies

1) The Place is in need of bright SSCE or OND holders who have basic computer and most importantly MS excel skill to fill the positions of account clerks in all her outlets.

Interested and qualified candidates should send CVs to femi.olunuga@theplace.com.ng

Locations: Lekki, VI and Ikeja

2) Vacancy: we required the service of a secretary / front desk officer. He/she must be smart and good looking with experience in recent application with a good typing speed. He /she should reside within surulere, ebute-meta, and lagos Island and it's environs.
Very attractive salary and negotiable.
Send your cv to enfabglobal@gmail.com
Re: The Shortest Period You Ever Worked In A Coy Before. by shrimati(m): 8:39pm On Feb 19, 2016
chukxy44:
Mine was 4 days . Was on leave, got an invite for interview scaled through to see what the firm had to offer but then my present job is still way beta. So as the leave done almost end, I just resign use the last day of the leave rest for house.
God helped you it happened during your leave.
Re: The Shortest Period You Ever Worked In A Coy Before. by shrimati(m): 9:14pm On Feb 19, 2016
:oI don't know why I have this feeling that of all these stories here, one of them will be in the coy I worked for last. I don't know why I have this feeling that of all these stories here, one of them will be in the coy I worked for last.
Re: The Shortest Period You Ever Worked In A Coy Before. by MissIndependent(f): 9:32pm On Feb 19, 2016
dapsylee:
Exactly one month... my boss was one rude Nigga that schooled in the UK where he lost all his manners. On this faithful day insulted my parents (he said my parents are paupers) and I gave him the beating of his life... it took the security to take me out of the building... UBA house 6th floor!
grin grin grin
Re: The Shortest Period You Ever Worked In A Coy Before. by MissIndependent(f): 9:39pm On Feb 19, 2016
1st Job a Month before POP I left a job I got after 4days cos of distance and low pay imagine going from Kollington to Lekki for 47k salary grin undecided I stopped and when they called, I didn't even pick their calls that was how the job became history.

2nd Job 3days after I stopped the first I worked four Months before I resigned cos I got a better offer.

On the 3rd Job now and still searching for a great offer. grin

2 Likes

Re: The Shortest Period You Ever Worked In A Coy Before. by MissIndependent(f): 9:39pm On Feb 19, 2016
1st Job a Month before NYSC POP I left a job I got after 4days cos of distance and low pay imagine going from Kollington to Lekki for 47k salary grin undecided I stopped and when they called, I didn't even pick their calls that was how the job became history.

2nd Job 3days after I stopped the first I worked four Months before I resigned cos I got a better offer.

On the 3rd Job now and still searching for a great offer. grin

4 Likes

Re: The Shortest Period You Ever Worked In A Coy Before. by shrimati(m): 9:41pm On Feb 19, 2016
MissIndependent:
grin grin grin
youuu. where in this world have you been?
Re: The Shortest Period You Ever Worked In A Coy Before. by Nobody: 9:50pm On Feb 19, 2016
Mine was just a day, I was told that if would be 6/7 days work and I didn't just want anything that would affect my weekend. So I had to leave after the first day but I still regret my actions cry because I am yet to get another, I never knew getting a job was difficult.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

5 Ways To Combine Work And Studying Masters / 6 Business & Career Growth Secrets I Learnt From Jonah & The Fish / Be Your Own Boss With Oriflame Business Opportunities!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.