Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,352 members, 7,800,703 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:18 AM

Lift Emirates Suspension From Kano Airport, Reps Tell Ministry - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lift Emirates Suspension From Kano Airport, Reps Tell Ministry (8314 Views)

Make Kogi, Enugu, Anambra Oil Producing States - Reps Tell FG / Suspension From APC Good For Shehu Sani — Aide / Listen To Your Wife, Reps Tell Buhari- Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lift Emirates Suspension From Kano Airport, Reps Tell Ministry by realjoker(m): 12:03am On Feb 18, 2016
Members of the House of Representatives yesterday passed a resolution calling on the aviation ministry to immediately lift passenger flight suspension imposed on Emirates Airlines on its Kano route three years ago.
The lawmakers, in a motion by Rep Aliyu Sani Madaki (APC, Kano), wondered why the same airline was allowed to fly cargo to Malam Aminu Kano International Airport, but its passenger flights were suspended by the ministry.
Rep Madaki had told the House that after the signing of the Bilateral Air Service Agreement (BASA) between the Nigerian government and the airline, the ministry ordered the suspension of flights for a short time, which is still in effect.
He said the decision, which was purely political had cost the airline unquantifiable losses, after already selling out tickets to passengers and opening of its office in the airport.
The House is concerned that the delay in lifting the suspension on passenger operations is causing untold hardships to passengers from Kano and other neighbouring states that fly Emirates Airlines to other parts of the world, he said.
House leader, Femi Gbajabiamila, said it was annoying that the country has lost a potential revenue of three years owing to the suspension, which, he said, shouldn’t be allowed to linger at this time of economic challenges.
Gbajabiamila explained that the operation of the airline to Kano goes beyond regional consideration, as it will add to the country’s revenue earnings after “short changing ourselves for three years.
A number of lawmakersunderscored the importance of a direct flight from Kano to Dubai, in view of the economic similarities between the two cities.
Consequently, speaker Yakubu Dogara, while referring the matter to aviation committee, issued a one week ultimatum for submission of the report back to the House.

www.theheraldng.com/lift-emirates-suspension-from-kano-airport-reps-tell-ministry/?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook

1 Like

Re: Lift Emirates Suspension From Kano Airport, Reps Tell Ministry by EazyMoh(m): 12:15am On Feb 18, 2016
Na Stella Odua do am. She asked them to start flight to that Enugu Airport and they refused.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lift Emirates Suspension From Kano Airport, Reps Tell Ministry by oduastates: 1:54am On Feb 18, 2016
See of elected officials are fighting for their constituency. Some will fighting for their stomach.

3 Likes

Re: Lift Emirates Suspension From Kano Airport, Reps Tell Ministry by AyakaDunukofia: 4:13am On Feb 18, 2016
These idio.ts can say all the emotional bunkum all they want, the truth is that kano airport has been nose diving in passenger traffic since the eighties.

So they acussed Oduah of stopping Ethiopian Airlines to Kano, and then what happened? Ethiopian airlines said ok, began flying to Kano on may last year after a ten year break from the airport. But by August, 3 months after, they packed up again.

Lufthansa, British airways etc have all tested Kano and left. It is about capitalism and not quota bullshit.

We don't suppose to be going through all these !ong preaching for an airport such as kano that experienced her first international flight in 1947.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lift Emirates Suspension From Kano Airport, Reps Tell Ministry by Flexherbal(m): 4:20am On Feb 18, 2016
They should make sure the planes are in good condition before lifting the ban.
Re: Lift Emirates Suspension From Kano Airport, Reps Tell Ministry by harmless011: 7:39am On Feb 18, 2016
Ok
Re: Lift Emirates Suspension From Kano Airport, Reps Tell Ministry by Daraph(m): 7:40am On Feb 18, 2016
Pichure or adonbelivit.

1 Like

Re: Lift Emirates Suspension From Kano Airport, Reps Tell Ministry by macino1(m): 7:41am On Feb 18, 2016
Why not first ensure the conditions of the planes are okay, before the usual politicking with everything.
Re: Lift Emirates Suspension From Kano Airport, Reps Tell Ministry by loomer: 7:46am On Feb 18, 2016
Dollars don change hands.

1 Like

Re: Lift Emirates Suspension From Kano Airport, Reps Tell Ministry by Onyiibazz: 7:46am On Feb 18, 2016
Nothing concerns me with this news. I just came here to ask my fellow music lovers to click on my signature below to see a new video i just uploaded
Re: Lift Emirates Suspension From Kano Airport, Reps Tell Ministry by ORACLE1975(m): 7:47am On Feb 18, 2016
K
Re: Lift Emirates Suspension From Kano Airport, Reps Tell Ministry by kennyman2000(m): 7:48am On Feb 18, 2016
Hmmmm....
Re: Lift Emirates Suspension From Kano Airport, Reps Tell Ministry by guywitzerogal(m): 7:48am On Feb 18, 2016
Easy way for those mallah to sell our money and go to Dubai
Re: Lift Emirates Suspension From Kano Airport, Reps Tell Ministry by Yinkahlite(m): 7:50am On Feb 18, 2016
Nawah oooo....No more rush for FP again, what happened na.
Re: Lift Emirates Suspension From Kano Airport, Reps Tell Ministry by hottathanfire(m): 7:50am On Feb 18, 2016
AyakaDunukofia:
These idio.ts can say all the emotional bunkum all they want, the truth is that kano airport has been nose diving in passenger traffic since the eighties.

So they acussed Oduah of stopping Ethiopian Airlines to Kano, and then what happened? Ethiopian airlines said ok, began flying to Kano on may last year after a ten year break from the airport. But by August, 3 months after, they packed up again.

Lufthansa, British airways etc have all tested Kano and left. It is about capitalism and not quota bullshit.

We don't suppose to be going through all these !ong preaching for an airport such as kano that experienced her first international flight in 1947.
Bro who are you? Cos it seems you get the files for your table... Aside that, you are right, very very correct! One bottle of orijin for you

5 Likes

Re: Lift Emirates Suspension From Kano Airport, Reps Tell Ministry by OLUJOSHINS(m): 8:06am On Feb 18, 2016
na wa for this people ooooo
Re: Lift Emirates Suspension From Kano Airport, Reps Tell Ministry by JingoOAU(m): 8:47am On Feb 18, 2016
AyakaDunukofia:

This ur theorem is watery....i can count over 5 international airlines flying to Kano everyday, especially those from Asia and Arab countries.

If cargo flights can be going on daily by emirates into kano, what stops dem having passenger flights?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lift Emirates Suspension From Kano Airport, Reps Tell Ministry by agabusta: 8:51am On Feb 18, 2016
AyakaDunukofia:

Then there is no need suspending them let them go there and do business, if they run down, that is their own palaver.

Why are u worrying on their behalf? Do u know more than Emirates on aviation business??

They tried to force them to Enugu, they made it clear that they are not interested in Enugu. And they went forward to ban them from the route that they are highly interested in.

That was a wrong and dictatorial move by Stella Odua. If person talk now, they will say we are criticising her based on bad belle. And turn the purely business/govt policy issue into a tribal hullabaloo.

Any reasonable person will see that Kano-Dubai will definitely be a viable route.

So why on earth should emirates be suspended from such a route?

It's analogous to suspending BA from Lagos-London route/suspending Air France from Lagos-Paris route.

It doesn't make sense.

9 Likes

Re: Lift Emirates Suspension From Kano Airport, Reps Tell Ministry by tubouncen(m): 9:03am On Feb 18, 2016
Na person wey get money dey fly plane in this #harsh economy

agabusta:

Then there is no need suspending them let them go there and do business, if they run down, that is their own palaver.
Why are u worrying on their behalf? Do u know more than Emirates on aviation. Business??
They tried to force them to Enugu, they made it clear that they are not interested in Enugu. And they went forward to ban them from the route that they are highly interested in.
That was a wrong and dictatorial move by Stella Odua. If person talk now, they will say we are criticising her based on bad belle. And turn the purely business/govt policy issue into a tribal hullabaloo.
Any reasonable person will see that Kano-Dubai will definitely be a viable route.
So why on earth should emirates be suspended from such a route?
It's analogous to suspending BA from Lagos-London route/suspending Air France from Lagos-Paris route.
It doesn't make sense.

Bro u are insightful.... u have sense pass my grandpa.. Lolz

6 Likes

Re: Lift Emirates Suspension From Kano Airport, Reps Tell Ministry by shaibu123: 9:47am On Feb 18, 2016
Where is Ike Ekweremadu and Anyim all the South East senators or Reps calling for Air France,Lufthansa,Klm or Turkish Airlines to start flying to Enugu. Yet Ndi Igbo is crying for biafra.When you have money bags as the leaders,that is what you get.

1 Like

Re: Lift Emirates Suspension From Kano Airport, Reps Tell Ministry by ryusufu(m): 11:27am On Feb 18, 2016
AyakaDunukofia:

point of correction Ethipian air haven't suspend it operation in kano.my friend flew abroad last week, and even my sister flew to sudan on ethipian air last november. I think it's better if should keep our mouth shut on what we dont knw. Correct ur mistake my friend

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lift Emirates Suspension From Kano Airport, Reps Tell Ministry by EazyMoh(m): 11:43am On Feb 18, 2016
Flexherbal:
macino1:
Why not first ensure the conditions of the planes are okay, before the usual politicking with everything.
Flexherbal:
Do you guys even know Fly Emirates? it's like the best Airline in the world!

3 Likes

Re: Lift Emirates Suspension From Kano Airport, Reps Tell Ministry by shogz89: 12:27pm On Feb 18, 2016
ryusufu:
point of correction Ethipian air haven't suspend it operation in kano.my friend flew abroad last week, and even my sister flew to sudan on ethipian air last november. I think it's better if should keep our mouth shut on what we dont knw. Correct ur mistake my friend
can't you spell Ethiopia or is it autocorrect that is causing it?
Re: Lift Emirates Suspension From Kano Airport, Reps Tell Ministry by Goke7: 12:35pm On Feb 18, 2016
shaibu123:
Where is Ike Ekweremadu and Anyim all the South East senators or Reps calling for Air France,Lufthansa,Klm or Turkish Airlines to start flying to Enugu. Yet Ndi Igbo is crying for biafra.When you have money bags as the leaders,that is what you get.

Lack of diplomatic tact is the problem, they only cry when they are sacked or not given appointment

2 Likes

Re: Lift Emirates Suspension From Kano Airport, Reps Tell Ministry by Goke7: 12:36pm On Feb 18, 2016
oduastates:
See of elected officials are fighting for their constituency. Some will fighting for their stomach.

that is the purpose of being a member of the national assembly, you fight for your constituency, no free lunch anywhere even in freetown

1 Like

Re: Lift Emirates Suspension From Kano Airport, Reps Tell Ministry by ryusufu(m): 1:03pm On Feb 18, 2016
shogz89:
can't you spell Ethiopia or is it autocorrect that is causing it?
my bad, i didn't notice

1 Like

Re: Lift Emirates Suspension From Kano Airport, Reps Tell Ministry by megama: 1:30pm On Feb 18, 2016
ryusufu:
my bad, i didn't notice
only easterners. Are born to suffer, to ply on the bad roads for 8 to 10 hrs. Before they can fly major airlines to major international destinations. Let kano people ply to abuja use abuja airport. After all 3 hrs or less angry
Re: Lift Emirates Suspension From Kano Airport, Reps Tell Ministry by ryusufu(m): 3:12pm On Feb 18, 2016
megama:
only easterners. Are born to suffer, to ply on the bad roads for 8 to 10 hrs. Before they can fly major airlines to major international destinations. Let kano people ply to abuja use abuja airport. After all 3 hrs or less angry
we need like 10 international airports in 9ja

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Target Groups: See What A British Scholar Wrote About Igbo, Yoruba And Fulani / Governor Obaseki Appoints 18 Special Assistants On Gender / Eko Atlantic Is This For Real?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.