Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,640 members, 7,801,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:39 AM

FG Justifies Buhari’s Foreign Trips - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Justifies Buhari’s Foreign Trips (26156 Views)

Buhari’s Foreign Trips: My Takeaway -- Fashola. / President Buhari's Foreign Trips As At February 28, 2016 (map) / Lai Mohammed: Buhari’s Foreign Trips Have Started Yielding Fruits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Justifies Buhari’s Foreign Trips by cecegorz(m): 8:42am On Feb 18, 2016
byrron:
It was nothing short of a melodrama at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, yesterday, between State House correspondents and the Federal Government over the many foreign trips of President Muhammadu Buhari during a press briefing.
Lai Mohammed, the Minister of Information, who justified the trips, said they were necessary to bring the country back on the track of development and growth. According to him, Nigeria was a pariah state under former President Goodluck Jonathan.

He said that under Jonathan’s watch, corruption permeated the country, such that foreign investors deserted it. He stated that it was necessary to tell Nigerians that the trips had started paying off since investors’ confidence in the country had been restored. Mohammed spoke during a press briefing at the end of the Federal Executive Council, FEC, meeting in Abuja. He said: “You do not run a country by being isolated. The personal presence of Mr. President in many of these fora is important because before now, we were almost a pariah state.

Journalists had waited patiently to be briefed on the outcome of the Federal Executive Meeting, FEC, which routinely meets to take decision on matters of government. As usual, yesterday’s meeting was chaired by president Buhari with his vice, professor Yemi Osinabjo and most of the 36 ministers in attendance. By a little after midday, the meeting had ended with the Minister of Information, Mr. Lai Mohammed, his counterpart in Environment, Amina Mohammed in company with Minister of State for Environment, Usman Ibrahim come into the press gallery inside the villa to brief Journalists. The briefing was reduced to a two item issue: Climate change and President’s many foreign trips so far, anchored by the Minister of Environment.

Done with the briefing, journalists felt that there were more pressing issues at the moment such as the fall of Naira and 2016 budget, amongst others which an important body as FEC should have dwelt on other than reviewing or deliberating on climate change.

Apparently surprised by the insistence and probing question, Information Minister Mohammed, said he was embarrassed and shocked, noting that Nigerians needed to know the benefits of the presidential trips.

Meanwhile, Vanguard learned that President Buhari is due for more foreign trips on Friday and early next week. He is likely to leave Abuja on Friday for Egypt, return on Saturday and leave for Saudi Arabia and Qatar early next week.

: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/02/drama-in-aso-villa-as-fg-justifies-buharis-foreign-trips/

Oga Lie-More-Ahmed at his best. Lai-ng to Nigerians! grin

1 Like

Re: FG Justifies Buhari’s Foreign Trips by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 8:43am On Feb 18, 2016
please i have a simple question, what would it take to get Buhari out of aso rock, apart from a coup

1 Like

Re: FG Justifies Buhari’s Foreign Trips by mikkypel(m): 8:44am On Feb 18, 2016
phlemzy:
It's unfortunate that a President would rather turn deaf ears to the people that brought him to power... cry

I am not taking sides here , but I would hammer on something.. Nigeria is a very big Country and if Mr president begin to listen to all the cry and wailing of the people, it is inevitable that he would do nothing trying to attend to their cases and finds out he accomplished nothing, so it's better and preferable to do what you think is good for the country in your own plans taking advice from some few selected intellectuals
Re: FG Justifies Buhari’s Foreign Trips by just2endowed: 8:44am On Feb 18, 2016
Before but u will leave office. Who will calculate the future value of the Naira since its moving incrementally by 5 naira?
Re: FG Justifies Buhari’s Foreign Trips by maxzzo1(m): 8:51am On Feb 18, 2016
APC govt is so shameful and lack any sense....Naira is about to ground, they are not thinking about it, why type of pple are these? well all blame to those that voted then...

2 Likes

Re: FG Justifies Buhari’s Foreign Trips by repogirl(f): 8:52am On Feb 18, 2016
Instead of spreading information, Mr lie keeps spreading lies.

So the economy that began a steady decline since May 2015 is as a result of corruption suddenly chasing investors as soon as Boooohari entered the picture?

Because under GEJ, we all know the foreign investors stayed put. So where did corruption appear from after GEJ left office and chase investors? I thought Boooohari is the almighty corruption slayer and destroyer? Lol.

Lie Mohammed, your lies are now too watery to hold any substance. You are fooling noone.... except your dedicated zombies ofcourse.

Then again, what has climate change got to do with the present worthlessness of our currency? Make all of una dey deceive una self for those una Fake FEC meetings. If things don't change real soon, you people should not be surprised by the inevitable mayhem that will follow.

2 Likes

Re: FG Justifies Buhari’s Foreign Trips by Freksy(m): 8:52am On Feb 18, 2016
Firefire:

This government is simply not ready for governance or rather "Super Clueless".

How Did We Get Here? angry

By choice!

3 Likes

Re: FG Justifies Buhari’s Foreign Trips by drss(m): 8:53am On Feb 18, 2016
PerfectlyPerfect:
please i have a simple question, what would it take to get Buhari out of aso rock, apart from a coup
massive REVOLUTION.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Justifies Buhari’s Foreign Trips by remirez07(m): 8:54am On Feb 18, 2016
byrron:
It was nothing short of a melodrama at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, yesterday, between State House correspondents and the Federal Government over the many foreign trips of President Muhammadu Buhari during a press briefing.
Lai Mohammed, the Minister of Information, who justified the trips, said they were necessary to bring the country back on the track of development and growth. According to him, Nigeria was a pariah state under former President Goodluck Jonathan.

He said that under Jonathan’s watch, corruption permeated the country, such that foreign investors deserted it. He stated that it was necessary to tell Nigerians that the trips had started paying off since investors’ confidence in the country had been restored. Mohammed spoke during a press briefing at the end of the Federal Executive Council, FEC, meeting in Abuja. He said: “You do not run a country by being isolated. The personal presence of Mr. President in many of these fora is important because before now, we were almost a pariah state.

Journalists had waited patiently to be briefed on the outcome of the Federal Executive Meeting, FEC, which routinely meets to take decision on matters of government. As usual, yesterday’s meeting was chaired by president Buhari with his vice, professor Yemi Osinabjo and most of the 36 ministers in attendance. By a little after midday, the meeting had ended with the Minister of Information, Mr. Lai Mohammed, his counterpart in Environment, Amina Mohammed in company with Minister of State for Environment, Usman Ibrahim come into the press gallery inside the villa to brief Journalists. The briefing was reduced to a two item issue: Climate change and President’s many foreign trips so far, anchored by the Minister of Environment.

Done with the briefing, journalists felt that there were more pressing issues at the moment such as the fall of Naira and 2016 budget, amongst others which an important body as FEC should have dwelt on other than reviewing or deliberating on climate change.

Apparently surprised by the insistence and probing question, Information Minister Mohammed, said he was embarrassed and shocked, noting that Nigerians needed to know the benefits of the presidential trips.

Meanwhile, Vanguard learned that President Buhari is due for more foreign trips on Friday and early next week. He is likely to leave Abuja on Friday for Egypt, return on Saturday and leave for Saudi Arabia and Qatar early next week.

: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/02/drama-in-aso-villa-as-fg-justifies-buharis-foreign-trips/
Jesu shanu omo re.. this Man nah traveller o not a presido

1 Like

Re: FG Justifies Buhari’s Foreign Trips by Ahmeduana(m): 8:59am On Feb 18, 2016
sapiosexual1:
Immediately I saw Lai Mohammed, i skipped to the conments. That name has become like Ebola to me, I give it arms length. Not worth my 2mins.
E BE SAY ME AND YOU GET THE SAME POLITICAL PRINCIPLE.

2 Likes

Re: FG Justifies Buhari’s Foreign Trips by thundafire: 8:59am On Feb 18, 2016
travelling to lie nd lie oh sorry lai will always defend his foolish master,imagine discussing on climate change as if we have factories dat emit gases like china,USA,Germany and other developed countries and just imagine classifying common harmattan nd dy heat as climate change 4 zombies nd wat has his travel brought cs he hasn't brought anything nd no president have visited him except dy WEST GERMANY PRESIDO

2 Likes

Re: FG Justifies Buhari’s Foreign Trips by VISTIN(m): 9:01am On Feb 18, 2016
Firefire:

Jonathan brought us here. Yes, he did.

We all loved him, voted him enmass in 2011 but he let us down when he allowed political criminals to looth the country.

Yes, we were watching and became uncomfortable. That's why Buhari could win votes. Dear, that's how we got where we are.
The truth is that Nigerians don't know the current situation of the country now. In the next 3 months (I'm not being negative, factual), everybody will start feeling the heat the more. God will rescue us.

1 Like

Re: FG Justifies Buhari’s Foreign Trips by chidooh1: 9:04am On Feb 18, 2016
Massive lost of jobs, companies are going down everyday, importation of necessary raw materials has become a headache for companies, naira has become a laughing stock against other currencies. Some companies have slashed workers salary by half, all happening under buhari's change and a certain monkey called lie Mohammed is spewing rubbish from his mouth, never seen Nigeria in this economic mess before.

5 Likes

Re: FG Justifies Buhari’s Foreign Trips by pdpchangeapc(m): 9:08am On Feb 18, 2016
I refused to be fooled by Lie Mohammed. Which investor will invest in a country whose currency is fast depreciating?

1 Like

Re: FG Justifies Buhari’s Foreign Trips by youngeagle(m): 9:09am On Feb 18, 2016
We are in a deep mess,how can a sane mind say under GEJ Nigeria was like a pariah country....GEJ hosted the World Economic summit for the first time in Africa,the same Administration was the largest economy in Africa,during GEJ we saw big automobile industries building there plants in Nigeria .....this present administration won't end well if they continue like this.

8 Likes

Re: FG Justifies Buhari’s Foreign Trips by TheFreeOne: 9:15am On Feb 18, 2016
seunlayi:
Just 3yrs 3 months left for him to go back to his farm

If there's no significant change from the cluelessness and incompetence being displayed by Buhari, in another 3yrs 3months the economy will be totally ruined.

2 Likes

Re: FG Justifies Buhari’s Foreign Trips by free13: 9:15am On Feb 18, 2016
grin grin
Re: FG Justifies Buhari’s Foreign Trips by happney65: 9:19am On Feb 18, 2016
Omolola15 and your guy keeps on messing up again..Too Bad
Re: FG Justifies Buhari’s Foreign Trips by Liljeez(m): 9:26am On Feb 18, 2016
byrron:

Around the world with Buhari

1 Like

Re: FG Justifies Buhari’s Foreign Trips by paschu: 9:32am On Feb 18, 2016
mikkypel:

I am not taking sides here , but I would hammer on something.. Nigeria is a very big Country and if Mr president begin to listen to all the cry and wailing of the people, it is inevitable that he would do nothing trying to attend to their cases and finds out he accomplished nothing, so it's better and preferable to do what you think is good for the country in your own plans taking advice from some few selected intellectuals

YOU JUST DEFINED TYRANNY AND FASCISM. MY PROBLEM IS WHY PRETEND? WHY CALL IT A DEMOCRACY? WHY NOT COME CLEAN AND TELL THE WORLD THAT NIGERIA HAS BECOME A FASCIST STATE WHERE DEMOCRACY IS DEAD?

1 Like

Re: FG Justifies Buhari’s Foreign Trips by Facetoface(m): 9:44am On Feb 18, 2016
Alas! I heard that Buhari's landlord is pursuing him from Asorock because of house rent since National Assembly has failed to pass 2016 budget.

2 Likes

Re: FG Justifies Buhari’s Foreign Trips by kvngveektour(m): 9:45am On Feb 18, 2016
#HowDidWeGetHere

1 Like

Re: FG Justifies Buhari’s Foreign Trips by Bizibi(m): 9:47am On Feb 18, 2016
NobleAngell:
This Lai Mohammed is something else. Immediately I tuned to NTA dis morning, his face was d 1st I saw and I quickly changed the channel abeg I can't start my day on that note. Not knowing that I will still run into his rants again. He is not straight forward. I guess it was so from the beginning if not, y 'Lai' of all names in this world? Indeed names do follow ppl.
hahaha

2 Likes

Re: FG Justifies Buhari’s Foreign Trips by uku797: 9:48am On Feb 18, 2016
Firefire:

We got to where we are today because, many Nigerians, especially the north, a majority tribe, the West, also a tribe in majority have gathered together to even form a more larger majority and voted Buhari to become the president. That alone is ONE MOST powerful influemce and support for Buhari to say, oh my God, who will I listen to again, let me misbehave. TWO, these two tribe have vowed to always tell lies to deceive as many people as possible untily lately when many now became aware that apc and Buhari are not ready for governance, then it is late to turn and reverse the votes. THREE, Buhari is an Islamist whose activities are well known all over the country. Since those two major tribes are behind him, he becomes extra ordinary powerful couple with the concept of Islam who have totaly disregards, who do not have value for lives, always undermining others, disabeying court orders have, including other reasons I have left out has brought us to where we are today. What we need badly now is prayer, otherwise Buhari and apc will continue to mess us up. Buhari has prepared a very BAD budget, yet, travels overseas and appealing to the Oyibos about investments. He is running every where without reasons. Tufiakwa.

3 Likes

Re: FG Justifies Buhari’s Foreign Trips by myaokija(f): 9:58am On Feb 18, 2016
Me dey vex for dis government.... See as dem jst dey sack people for where I dey work..... 15 people were sacked on Monday. Come see strict rules wey b say if u do anyhow, na by urslf u go resign.....chaiiii. One chance.

3 Likes

Re: FG Justifies Buhari’s Foreign Trips by jacy67(f): 10:24am On Feb 18, 2016
Hmmmm! This is what happens when you make a chronic Lai- er minister of information.

Saint Buhari made it clear he's for nobody and for everybody. Thereby going to places he only dreamt of all in the name of the country. He only has one project in mind to execute.

PERSONAL CHANGE

1 Like

Re: FG Justifies Buhari’s Foreign Trips by Nobody: 10:32am On Feb 18, 2016
Lia mumu is a total imprudent in his speech,.I never one day like this so called ApC of a party,.youths should foorm another fresh vibrant party

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Justifies Buhari’s Foreign Trips by PecE2Make: 10:33am On Feb 18, 2016
My annoyance is that even if PMB stays one week without bathing, hailers will still hail him

1 Like

Re: FG Justifies Buhari’s Foreign Trips by mikkypel(m): 10:54am On Feb 18, 2016
paschu:

YOU JUST DEFINED TYRANNY AND FASCISM. MY PROBLEM IS WHY PRETEND? WHY CALL IT A DEMOCRACY? WHY NOT COME CLEAN AND TELL THE WORLD THAT NIGERIA HAS BECOME A FASCIST STATE WHERE DEMOCRACY IS DEAD?

You are getting it very wrong, did I say it's a one man government or an autocratic government.. What I'm saying is Nigeria is too large that one person cannot hear the voice of over 10 million people.. These people has to have selected voices which the president would now hear out.. Nigeria is in a state of mischief and anything that can be done to bring it to normalcy has to be put in place if it requires travelling regularly just to restore normalcy.. You don't just sit down somewhere thinking you know it all or probably think your problem doesn't have to be shared, you think you can handle everything yourself.. That perspective is wrong and I see nothing wrong in what PMB is doing... Well it is normal in propaganda, the opposite party does not see anything positive in the ruling party
Re: FG Justifies Buhari’s Foreign Trips by lohresloco: 11:08am On Feb 18, 2016
if una like ban me, somebody please sh**t buhari, i'm tired of his crap, gag lai and r.ape him anally and mercilessly for 42 hours. IDIOT
Re: FG Justifies Buhari’s Foreign Trips by gurunlocker: 11:13am On Feb 18, 2016
when I saw the title, I swear I wasn't disappointed when I saw the name of the foolish basket mouth man that talk there. Did this man thimk they are still in the opposition? which werey investor come to Nigeria since last year? omo, we Don enter one chance with this government. I just pray make naira no turn Zimbabwean currency value before this foolish people leave.
Re: FG Justifies Buhari’s Foreign Trips by petermichaels(m): 11:21am On Feb 18, 2016
at least he has been traveling for 9months now,wen will d change work begin? Well wen his wife is feeding d media rice and stew, how will dey noticed dey are been scammed oh God help us. 3yrs left is not 3days.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Three Things I Did While In Prison — Obasanjo / Aisha Buhari & First Ladies Of Guinea Conackry, Niger, Gambia, Somalia In Mecca / Anambra2021: Where Are The 230,201 APC Members Who Voted In The Primaries?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.