Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,633 members, 7,801,826 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:46 AM

Modu Sheriff, Ihejirika, Boko Haram Sponsorship: Truth Has Since Been Uncovered - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Modu Sheriff, Ihejirika, Boko Haram Sponsorship: Truth Has Since Been Uncovered (1347 Views)

Makarfi Surrenders, Recognises Modu Sheriff As National Chairman / Halti Ali-Modu Sheriff's 52nd Birthday Celebration With Her Hubby And Children / Ali Modu Sheriff Storms PDP National Secretariat This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Modu Sheriff, Ihejirika, Boko Haram Sponsorship: Truth Has Since Been Uncovered by PRYCE(m): 7:49am On Feb 18, 2016
Since the emergence of Senator Alimodu Sheriff (SAS), as the acting national chairman of the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP),
yesterday, (Tuesday, February 16, 2016), mixed feelings have though greeted his emergence by party faithfuls, friends, well wishers and
even foes from the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).

I was initially bewildered by his emergence, giving his alleged sponsorship of the world’s most dreaded terrorist group, Boko Haram.

But like other discerning minds in Nigeria, I have to do a dig into the public archives, and discovered that SAS had since been declared
not guilty by Nigeria’s secret police, the Department of States Services (DSS).

SAS and all lovers and supporters of the PDP must not be demoralized, but go back to the drawing board to harness the goodwill they still
have in the eyes of millions of Nigerians home and abroad, particularly, ahead of the forthcoming general elections in 2019.

This is even as since May 29, 2015, that the PDP successfully handed-over to the APC led by ex-dictator, General Muhammadu Buhari,
it has been one gaffe or the other; one flip-flop or the other; one lie or the other; one denial of campaign promises or the other; one
blame-game or the other.

Infact, the economy has been grounded to an all time low, as a result of inconsistent, little or no economic direction by this babyish
government led by recycled geriatrics and locust of our common patrimony since yester years.

Not deviating, however, website links to be provided below show that SAS and Ihejirika have since been cleared by the DSS of sponsoring
terrorism.

The issues
:

1. Sometime in September 2014, it was that Australian negotiator, Stephen Davies, who granted an interview to VOA, Arise Television and
Sahara TV, alleging that SAS and former Chief of Army Staff (CoAS), General Ihejirika, were sponsors of Boko Haram.

Davies said he spoke to Boko Haram field commanders, who confirmed it to him.

However, these BH commanders were later discovered to be fake. It was later uncovered that they were only out to swindle the Federal
Government through phony negotiation.

2. Ihejirika and SAS immediately debunked these allegations.

On Ihejirika, recall it was under his leadership as Chief of Army Staff that the Army began to massively deal with Boko Haram, pushing
them away from Kano, Okene in Kogi State and other parts of the country to Sambisa forest, where they finally made their enclave.

The military onslaught was so massive that the APC, El-Rufai, Murtala Nyako and other northern leaders started crying genocide. They even
threatened to drag Ihejirika to the International Criminal Court (ICC).

Nigerians, particularly APC offline supporters and online thugs and Ricetivists have low retentive memory.

What distinguished legal luminary, Prof. Ben Nwabueze called #NationalAmnesia.

Unfortunately, this has been our problem as a nation since the 1960.

See link of where APC national chairman, Odigie Oyegun, asked Jonathan in September 2014, to hand-over Ihejirika and Sheriff to the
International Criminal Court for sponsoring Boko Haram and for genocide, noting that Jonathan and the PDP were sponsors of Boko Haram as a trump-card for Jonathan’s second term.

See the link: [/b]http://thenationonlineng.net/apc-to-jonathan-sheriff-ihejirika-should-face-trial/
[b]
See link of Ihejirika’s Defence-

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/ihejirika-davies-allegations-against-me-frivolous/188314/

See link where Ihejirika replied El-rufai’s allegation that he was committing genocide against the north to revenge the massacre of
NDIGBO during the civil war:

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/alleged-terror-sponsorship-ihejirika-challenges-el-rufai/

See link where ex-Adamawa Governor, Muritala Nyako accused Jonathan of being behind genocide against northerners:

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/nyako-accuses-jonathan-of-genocide-impunity-against-northern-states/176541/

See another link where Ihejirika was cleared:
http://www.ekekeee.com/dss-interrogate-ali-modu-sheriff-boko-haram-sponsorship/

However, who will charge Ihejirika and Sheriff to ICC, now that Oyegun’s party is the ruling party? Note, they won’t be charged again
to ICC, for power has returned to the North.

But has the Boko Haram menace increased under the APC? Res ipsa loquitur (The fact speaks for itself).

On SAS, recall he clarified then, through a press conference that Davies and his co-travelers were only being sponsored by Governor
Shettima to tarnish his image and kill his political career.

According to SAS, he was not the Bornu State Governor when Boko Haram started in Kanama, Yobe State, sometime in 2002, and thereafter moved to Gwoza hill, Bornu State.

SAS clarified that when he became the Bornu State Governor in 2003, he passed ‘wicked’ laws that dealt with Boko Haram and their apologists.

According to him, he made a law prohibiting Boko Haram in the domain of Borno State.

“The law said anybody practising or associated with what Boko Haram was doing, was banned by law from so doing, and if caught, will be
prosecuted and jailed for 25 years,” Sheriff stated.

This stringent law signed by SAS made him and his family number one enemy of Boko Haram.

SAS said Boko Haram killed his biological younger brother (same mother, same father), his cousin, his party chairman, his party
candidate whom he adopted.

According to him, if he was a Boko Haram sponsor, how come, he was now their no. 1 enemy?

He said, Bornu has been favorable to him by making him the first Governor to have being returned, and a Senator thrice, asking how
then, could he have been a Boko Haram sponsor?

SAS said, one Junaid Idrissa Khadi, his former Sheriff (close associate), who later became an SA to Shettima was caught by DSS as an
impostor who connived with Davies to defame him as a sponsor of Boko Haram.

He noted that Governor Shettima knows much about Boko Haram than meets the eyes.

See link: http://www.ekekeee.com/first-victim-boko-haram-sponsored-ali-modu-sheriff-responds-allegations/

See link where Sheriff explained all he knew about Boko Haram:

http://www.ekekeee.com/know-boko-haram-ali-modu-sheriff/

3. Barely three months after these accusation and counter allegation, Nigeria’s secret police uncovered that SAS was defamed by the
Australian negotiator, Davies and his accomplices numbering over seven.

All but Davies, made confessional statements which cleared SAS from Davies’ claims that he (SAS) and General Ihejirika sponsor Boko Haram.

See link: http://www.ekekeee.com/boko-haram-dss-clears-ihejirika-modu-sheriff-arrests-seven-associates-stephen-davis/

However, the question remains, if some e-thugs are now claiming SAS is a Boko Haram sponsor, has he been charged for terrorism by the
authorities, even when he was still in the then opposition party, APC?

Has Ihejirika been charged for sponsoring Boko Haram, as claimed by Davies and some northern elements?

At the last check, on corruption allegations, Sheriff has not even been charged for trial by Nigeria’s anti-graft agency, but was only
invited in June 2015, to explain how he managed the N300billion his administration got from the Federation’s account from 2003-2011.

He was granted administrative bail by the EFCC afterwards. Nothing has been heard since then.

But the fact remains that, how many ex-governors under this current administration, have been invited for Breakfast, Lunch or even Dinner, by the anti-graft agency or even the Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB), to explain how they ran their states for 4 years or 8 years.

They are: Bukola Saraki (Kwara); Godswill Akpabio (Akwa-Ibom), Muritala Nyako (Adamawa), whose trial started under the last
administration, Sule Lamido (Jigawa State), Gabriel Suswam (Benue State).

Please who again on the list that I failed to mention owing to oversight? Those listed except Nyako are perceived enemies to the
current cabals feasting on our economy.

Infact, not even the Super Ministers of today, who left their states bleeding in debts have been invited. One hopes, they will be invited
under this Pharaoh or a new Pharaoh.

But discerning Nigerians are still watching!

See link about Sheriff’s case with the EFCC:

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/184373-efcc-releases-ex-borno-governor-ali-modu-sheriff-on-bail.html

Nevertheless, those who were pained by the military onslaught against Boko Haram, and tagged it a genocide, threatening to drag Ihejirika to ICC for genocide, what has come out of their bloody threat?

Nigeria is an interesting place to be. We love to play a lot of politics with sensitive issues of national importance.

Since power has returned to the North, Ihejirika is no longer going to be dragged to the ICC.

4. Since Nigeria’s secret police uncovered the plot of Davies as a scammer, Nigerians are yet to hear from the fake negotiator. I hereby
ask, Where is Stephen Davies?

5. Fast forward to February 16, 2016, SAS emerged as PDP’s Ag. Chairman, pending when ex-chairman Adamu Mu’azu’s tenure would expire next month, and then another fresh election would be conducted.

So, what is the headache of APC-aligned handles? Why the noise about SAS.

PDP social media director, Deji Adeyanju, has clarified that the party has a reason for SAS at the moment. So, why are these APC handles who know next to what over-loads, not over-lords shape for them to tweet crying foul and even more than the bereaved.

6. SAS is not the substantive chairman of Africa’s largest opposition party, so, why all the chaotic noise in this market place-and super
information highway?

7. Last night, I took my time to go through the 45-page report and recommendations of the Senator Ike Ekweremadu-led Post Election
Assessment Committee. I read it intoto. Though replete with some printers’ devil, I urge the party to immediately pounce into action to
religiously implement the recommendations of that committee.

With what is happening in the country today, and the apparent disorganization of the current ruling party, which their leader and
President Muhammadu Buhari, has confessed to, the PDP may bounce back.
Don’t ask me how?

Timothy Godson is a concerned Nigerian and public affairs commentator.
He wrote from Anambra State.

http://www.thebreakingtimes.com/exclusive-ali-modu-sheriff-ihejirika-boko-haram-sponsorship-truth-has-since-been-uncovered/

CC. TonyeBarcanista, LRNZH, Modath, Firefire, Lalasticlala you sef come join the conversation

1 Like

Re: Modu Sheriff, Ihejirika, Boko Haram Sponsorship: Truth Has Since Been Uncovered by Last2comment(m): 7:50am On Feb 18, 2016
I like the way you called those 2 posters at the end.

1 Like

Re: Modu Sheriff, Ihejirika, Boko Haram Sponsorship: Truth Has Since Been Uncovered by HungerBAD: 7:51am On Feb 18, 2016
What?

It does not matter if he was cleared by the Courts, DSS, Police, Army, Herbalists,Imams, Sango and Fayose.

Sheriff still remains Quilty in the Court of PUBLIC OPINIONS.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Modu Sheriff, Ihejirika, Boko Haram Sponsorship: Truth Has Since Been Uncovered by Nobody: 7:56am On Feb 18, 2016
No comments.
Re: Modu Sheriff, Ihejirika, Boko Haram Sponsorship: Truth Has Since Been Uncovered by SMARTKOSSY: 7:57am On Feb 18, 2016
Buhari sponsors bh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Modu Sheriff, Ihejirika, Boko Haram Sponsorship: Truth Has Since Been Uncovered by Tallesty1(m): 8:03am On Feb 18, 2016
SMARTKOSSY:
Buhari sponsors bh
lols

1 Like

Re: Modu Sheriff, Ihejirika, Boko Haram Sponsorship: Truth Has Since Been Uncovered by Nobody: 8:14am On Feb 18, 2016
HungerBAD:
What?

It does not matter if he was cleared by the Courts, DSS, Police, Army, Herbalists,Imams, Sango and Fayose.

Sheriff still remains Quilty in the Court of PUBLIC OPINIONS.
Like you, Like your foolish president who said that a suspect remains guilty until court proves otherwise. Birds of same feather!

A president that disobeys court rullings.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Modu Sheriff, Ihejirika, Boko Haram Sponsorship: Truth Has Since Been Uncovered by Iroh88(m): 8:23am On Feb 18, 2016
I have no comment. It is "thebreakingtimes.com." cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Modu Sheriff, Ihejirika, Boko Haram Sponsorship: Truth Has Since Been Uncovered by Imortal001: 8:24am On Feb 18, 2016
Sherif with him vampire teeth and friends.
Re: Modu Sheriff, Ihejirika, Boko Haram Sponsorship: Truth Has Since Been Uncovered by modath(f): 8:26am On Feb 18, 2016
Breakingtimes, Trent, shadowclowns etc ?? No, i'll expend the time on something else, I'd rather watch paint dry! Thx. cheesy

Iroh88 ...you come with forro! cheesy grin if anonimi "cash" you ehn, don't you know that is "his" territory?!! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Modu Sheriff, Ihejirika, Boko Haram Sponsorship: Truth Has Since Been Uncovered by Iroh88(m): 8:33am On Feb 18, 2016
modath:

Breakingtimes, Trent, shadowclowns etc ?? No, i'll expend the time on something else, I'd rather watch paint dry! Thx. cheesy

Iroh88 ...you come with forro! cheesy grin if anonimi "cash" you ehn, don't you know that is "his" territory?!! cheesy
That one? On stories relating to, say BH, you see him post pictures of Tinubu, Fashola or Amaechi's rails. Hell, he might even post pics of Aisha's. Wrist watch. cheesy

Dude is musiwa's alter ego. grin

2 Likes

Re: Modu Sheriff, Ihejirika, Boko Haram Sponsorship: Truth Has Since Been Uncovered by bobbiekrantz: 8:37am On Feb 18, 2016
Can't waste mha time on this thread wif these Deluded Zombies above me.. grin

These Buharists and Zombies sure knows how to showcase their lack of education and sense of reasoning!..

PRYCE...ah see yu oo...keep on giving it to them..

if they can't digest it...they should choke to death
Re: Modu Sheriff, Ihejirika, Boko Haram Sponsorship: Truth Has Since Been Uncovered by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:44am On Feb 18, 2016
If I had known it's TheBreakingTimes, I wouldn't have bothered myself reading this crap.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Modu Sheriff, Ihejirika, Boko Haram Sponsorship: Truth Has Since Been Uncovered by Flexherbal(m): 8:50am On Feb 18, 2016
How did the start in the first place?
Re: Modu Sheriff, Ihejirika, Boko Haram Sponsorship: Truth Has Since Been Uncovered by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:47am On Feb 18, 2016
You have spoken well. Let's leave prejudice and face issues.
Re: Modu Sheriff, Ihejirika, Boko Haram Sponsorship: Truth Has Since Been Uncovered by foriz4u(m): 11:24am On Feb 18, 2016
who cares? until I see evident, every other thing is blackmail.

The PDP I know is very dangerous n grandmaster when it comes to politics in Nigeria, only that some traitors n selfish ppl coexist within her. I still believe pdp within some BoTs members in their own wisdom planned n prepared to fail in the past election n with this present move of appointment n confident speech by sheriff I bliv their plan will take them somewhere, possibly to d top.

before 2019 I foresee great tempest around n within APC and great defection to PDP bringing a raise of PDP one again. and the 2nd coming of PDP? trust me its gonna be a bomb because they will pay back hugely to their oppositors n traitors both within n outside, fighting d real sense of corruption n good governance.

I can't wait.
Re: Modu Sheriff, Ihejirika, Boko Haram Sponsorship: Truth Has Since Been Uncovered by Goke7: 11:31am On Feb 18, 2016
Honestly I love what is happening now as all the accusations and allegations of which party is islamic or a christian party has finally been put to rest.

It also shows how our elites keep brainwashing Nigerians that this person or this political group is anti south or anti north. The emergence of the new pdp sheriff should make all Nigerians to be sober and see that the elites are our problems and that we have been fighting the wrong battles by attacking our tribes, religion or political party. I see the pdp folks trying hard to defend their new chairman but they don't have to at all.

But next time please allow an Ngige to become a senator so he can be senate President instead of castigating him because he is in a supposed Islamic or Hausa party, don't see an Okorocha as an hausa man because he is in APC and next time when an Ekwunife calls APC an Islamic party because she needs your votes, tell her that no Islamic party exist anywhere in Nigeria. An Amaechi too should not be seen as a betrayal because he is in a supposed hausa party.

These are some of the lessons we should learn at this time. God bless Nigeria including all the political parties.
Re: Modu Sheriff, Ihejirika, Boko Haram Sponsorship: Truth Has Since Been Uncovered by richidinho(m): 12:39pm On Feb 18, 2016
APC ehn!

(1) (Reply)

We Must Rid Nigeria Of Corruption – Tinubu / List Of 26 Countries President Buhari Has Visited Since Assuming Office / Osinbajo Lays Foundation For Steel Manufacturing Company,kAM In Kwara State(pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.