Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,463 members, 7,808,644 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:48 PM

Juju Scare At Ebonyi Government House - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Juju Scare At Ebonyi Government House (14862 Views)

Fire Guts Ebonyi Government House / Photos; Bomb Scare At American Consulate In Lagos. See What Was Discovered / Fayose Hops On A Motorcycle For A Ride To The State Government's House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Juju Scare At Ebonyi Government House by joeprince23(m): 10:49am On Feb 18, 2016
IN what looked like a scene from a Nigerian movie, Eb­onyi State Government, yesterday, raised the alarm that some ‘failed’ politicians have resorted to using juju to at­tack Governor Dave Umahi and other executive council members. The aim is to bring down the government, the state government alleged.

Commissioner for Information and State Orientation, Senator Emmanuel Onwe who briefed newsmen on the outcome of this week’s council meeting alleged that there have been fetish objects suspected to be juju conjured by suspected opposition of the state government allegedly targeted at the governor.

He equally alleged that some politicians who were hell bent in bringing the government down have been consult­ing rural shrines and holding several community meetings.

“Those who want to distract the government. For ex­ample, those who go to rural shrines and organise com­munity meetings to attack members of Exco or create sce­nario that will distract members of Exco. They are warned to desist from such acts as this government will resist it”.
The Information Commissioner maintained that the state government would not allow the bad influence of the previous administration to distract it saying that such in­fluence would be vehemently resisted.

He said empires rise and fall but one of the greatest and most consistent part of history is that empires fall because of conspiracies.
Senator Onwe added that the same way, government and administration fall is not usually deliberate but be­cause of internal contradictions and personal ambitions and cited the administration of former President Goodluck Jonathan as a victim of such anomaly.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/juju-scare-in-ebonyi-government-house/
Re: Juju Scare At Ebonyi Government House by joeprince23(m): 10:55am On Feb 18, 2016
I am not from the state but I believe gov umahi should be allowed to continue with good works in the state and this is the 1st time an afikpo man is leading the state(afikpo is the most enlightened region of the state) Kudos ebonyi *modified* for those attacking me,yes Umahi is from uburu not afikpo town but uburu is generally regarded as part of afikpo region just like abakaliki region

5 Likes

Re: Juju Scare At Ebonyi Government House by achi4u(m): 11:16am On Feb 18, 2016
Ebony magazine or Ebonyi state?
Re: Juju Scare At Ebonyi Government House by Bugatie(m): 11:33am On Feb 18, 2016
A former senator now Commissioner, hmmm

4 Likes

Re: Juju Scare At Ebonyi Government House by Nobody: 11:33am On Feb 18, 2016
B
Re: Juju Scare At Ebonyi Government House by emzila(m): 11:34am On Feb 18, 2016
that is why I call it a dirty game.
Re: Juju Scare At Ebonyi Government House by nairaman66(m): 11:34am On Feb 18, 2016
Wooooh
Re: Juju Scare At Ebonyi Government House by menix(m): 11:36am On Feb 18, 2016
If govt dey fear juju, what should the common man do...

Umahi should get his own juju that can hack into other jujus nd spoil it.

3 Likes

Re: Juju Scare At Ebonyi Government House by Ayomax(m): 11:36am On Feb 18, 2016
joeprince23:
I am not from the state but I believe gov umahi should be allowed to continue with good works in the state and this is the 1st time an afikpo man is leading the state, Kdos ebonyi. Cc lalasticlala mynd44
he is from uburu

2 Likes

Re: Juju Scare At Ebonyi Government House by funkyglitz: 11:38am On Feb 18, 2016
joeprince23:
I am not from the state but I believe gov umahi should be allowed to continue with good works in the state and this is the 1st time an afikpo man is leading the state, Kdos ebonyi. Cc lalasticlala mynd44

The governor Dave is not from Afikpo and that's the genesis of their problem because the Afikpo man,the ex minister of health Onyebuchi failed at the primaries although am not from there too but the guy is trying and besides Ebonyi people have numerous issues.
Re: Juju Scare At Ebonyi Government House by condralbede(m): 11:41am On Feb 18, 2016
Did this commissioner decamped from APC to PDP,cos he sound like LIAR Mohammed!
Re: Juju Scare At Ebonyi Government House by Adonis3: 11:42am On Feb 18, 2016
nor be today e don dey happen naundecided

#Adonis3HasSopken
Re: Juju Scare At Ebonyi Government House by JakesJ(m): 11:42am On Feb 18, 2016
LIE! I Mean A Federational Capital Strong LIE-LIE!!! Will One Use Juju To Be-Witch Juju? Though We All Know That The Opposition Party Will Alway Want To See To The Down Fall Of The Governing Once. It's Obvious That The Uburu (Ohaozara LGA) Born Politician Is Really Doing Justics To His State (Ebonyi State) In Question.
Re: Juju Scare At Ebonyi Government House by eleko1: 11:42am On Feb 18, 2016
undecided undecided cheap propaganda undecided undecided.
Re: Juju Scare At Ebonyi Government House by benedictnsi(m): 11:43am On Feb 18, 2016
That man must have attended same school with Lai MOHAMMED cheesycheesy
Don't blame juju for the government's inefficiency
Re: Juju Scare At Ebonyi Government House by maxiuc(m): 11:44am On Feb 18, 2016
:DJuju scare otumokpo ndi nso
Re: Juju Scare At Ebonyi Government House by freecocoa(f): 11:49am On Feb 18, 2016
Just imagine.

Which kind country be this sef? angry
Re: Juju Scare At Ebonyi Government House by gerrardomendes(m): 11:49am On Feb 18, 2016
it's ok
Re: Juju Scare At Ebonyi Government House by Nikapetrelli(f): 11:52am On Feb 18, 2016
Ebonyi one turn Anambra d carry some pple go Okija Shrine
Re: Juju Scare At Ebonyi Government House by Nienie(f): 11:53am On Feb 18, 2016
Jus negodu the type of stories we hear in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Juju Scare At Ebonyi Government House by joeprince23(m): 11:53am On Feb 18, 2016
benedictnsi:
That man must have attended same school with Lai MOHAMMED cheesycheesy

Don't blame juju for the government's inefficiency
their is no “inefficiency” I am supervising a project in the state at onueke and believe me umahi is embarking on massive infrastructural uplift especially in abakaliki

1 Like

Re: Juju Scare At Ebonyi Government House by cheriey(f): 11:53am On Feb 18, 2016
Lol

Re: Juju Scare At Ebonyi Government House by yemmight(m): 11:53am On Feb 18, 2016
They should not be scared of the house that was built on juju before now.
Re: Juju Scare At Ebonyi Government House by seanblaise(m): 11:54am On Feb 18, 2016
Dave Umahi is from Uburu in ohaozara LGA....the man is really working....Buhari should come and learn how to operate TSA from Dave....that man is close to a genius....in other news, no juju fashioned against him shall prosper....

3 Likes

Re: Juju Scare At Ebonyi Government House by joeprince23(m): 11:55am On Feb 18, 2016
Nienie:
Jus negodu the type of stories we hear in Nigeria
. Nne Stop being dramatic we are in africa its not peculiar to nigeria or ebonyi alone,it is rampant in the civil service even in our office here in bonny expatriates are also involved
Re: Juju Scare At Ebonyi Government House by joeprince23(m): 11:56am On Feb 18, 2016
achi4u:
Now I know that the Nairaland forum is wack.
What is it in this news that makes it to see Front page if not to denigrate Ebonyi state while other meaningful news/thread of where The Governor is expecting Roads project is laying fallow at the politics section.
Nonsense forum with ethnic nzuzu
Oga calm down nah, you are not the only igbo man here mind you I am the Op and I'm also igbo although not from SE
Re: Juju Scare At Ebonyi Government House by achi4u(m): 11:57am On Feb 18, 2016
Now I know that the Nairaland forum is wack.
What is it in this news that makes it to see Front page if not to denigrate Ebonyi state while other meaningful news/thread of where The Governor is expecting Roads project is laying fallow at the politics section.
Nonsense forum with ethnic nzuzu

1 Like

Re: Juju Scare At Ebonyi Government House by Zenzu01(m): 12:05pm On Feb 18, 2016
Why will juju scare an upright and honest child of God??
Re: Juju Scare At Ebonyi Government House by Nobody: 12:09pm On Feb 18, 2016
No p

(1) (2) (Reply)

Taiwan Protests Nigeria Order To Move Trade Mission From Capital / Saraki And Dogara Wish Buhari Happy Birthday / Dino Melaye: Why I Built Chapel In Honour Of My Late Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.