Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:22 AM

Shall We Say Bostwana Economy Is Better Than Nigeria Economy? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Shall We Say Bostwana Economy Is Better Than Nigeria Economy? (893 Views)

Dangote Faults Kenya Over Corruption: Is Kenya More Corrupt Than Nigeria? / Dangote Pledges To Help FG Turn Around Nigeria’s Economy / Dangote Pledges To Assist FG To Turnaround Nigeria’s Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shall We Say Bostwana Economy Is Better Than Nigeria Economy? by guyANDROID1: 7:04pm On Feb 18, 2016
I was checking internet today for series of dollar exchange in most African nations and the one that surprises me most is; 1 US dollar is 11.15 Bostwana Pula. A mere Bostwana?

Does it mean they have more foreign reserve than us, and their economy better than us?

To think of this dollar exchange of a thing; if the Banks are to buy a dollar from you as individual, i don't think they can buy it pass #200 and they'll sell to you at #385. Who's suffering, who it affect? The masses i guess.

Please Economic analyst in the house should clarify this thing to me coz i need to know this damn thing.
Re: Shall We Say Bostwana Economy Is Better Than Nigeria Economy? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Feb 18, 2016
A mere Botswana?? Yeah! That's it. That's the attitude that has kept us how and where we re now.

1 Like

Re: Shall We Say Bostwana Economy Is Better Than Nigeria Economy? by Brai777(m): 7:10pm On Feb 18, 2016
Botswana did not have same appetite for foreign goods as we do.

This dollar thing is simply about law of demand and supply.

1 Like

Re: Shall We Say Bostwana Economy Is Better Than Nigeria Economy? by Pavore9: 7:14pm On Feb 18, 2016
vfactor:
A mere Botswana?? Yeah! That's it. That's the attitude that has kept us how and where we re now.

You captured my thought.

1 Like

Re: Shall We Say Bostwana Economy Is Better Than Nigeria Economy? by kolomax(m): 7:15pm On Feb 18, 2016
Hope you know their highest denomination is 200 pula?
1 pula is equivalent to 18 naira
Re: Shall We Say Bostwana Economy Is Better Than Nigeria Economy? by Remii(m): 7:19pm On Feb 18, 2016
vfactor:

don't just go by name my guy, those south african countries are uge on tourism and very conservative too, they do not leave their life on frivolities. also many are discovering huge oil reserves nowadays.
Re: Shall We Say Bostwana Economy Is Better Than Nigeria Economy? by guyANDROID1: 8:59pm On Feb 18, 2016
kolomax:
Hope you know their highest denomination is 200 pula?
1 pula is equivalent to 18 naira

I am talking of dollars here bro, not this godforsaken naira. angry
Re: Shall We Say Bostwana Economy Is Better Than Nigeria Economy? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Feb 18, 2016
Remii:

don't just go by name my guy, those south african countries are uge on tourism and very conservative too, they do not leave their life on frivolities. also many are discovering huge oil reserves nowadays.

It is the op that should be mentioned not me. We keep believing and dreaming that Nigerian is a giant and other countries in Africa are mere, while the reverse is the case.
Re: Shall We Say Bostwana Economy Is Better Than Nigeria Economy? by millhouse: 1:56pm On Feb 19, 2016
Re: Shall We Say Bostwana Economy Is Better Than Nigeria Economy? by toseman(m): 3:35pm On Apr 14, 2016
Just because Botswana's currency exchange rate is higher than that of Nigeria ,is not a good indicator of economic prosperity.
Kuwait currency is far higher than the dollar,it doesn't justify the country's economy to be better than US,Germany,China.
The currency of a country can be fixed to be exchange internationally at an amount.
Kenya, Nigeria, South africa, Algeria's economy are far better than Botswana.
Due to low population, increased per capital income are good factors favouring Botswana.
Just imagine that Botswana makes the amount of money Nigeria makes from crude oil sales and Nigeria making the amount of foreign exchange botswana makes.

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Buy Sharp Photocopier AR 256: *anybody??? / Billionaire Tony Elumelu Meets The Lady Who Carried A Placard Looking For Job / Mmm Participants: Why Do You Neglect Sec Warning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.