Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,763 members, 7,802,334 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:37 PM

We Want Oga Jona Back Trending -$1 Tumbles To ₦400 Pix - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Want Oga Jona Back Trending -$1 Tumbles To ₦400 Pix (13372 Views)

Orji Uzor Kalu’s 400-Room Mansion In Igbere, Abia State (Photos) / We Want You Back Now, APC Tells Nuhu Ribadu / “We Want Grazing Reserves In The North Only” - Tambuwal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Want Oga Jona Back Trending -$1 Tumbles To ₦400 Pix by ENDTIMELIFE: 12:09am On Feb 19, 2016
The naira tumbled further significantly at the parallel market on Thursday, hitting 391 against the dollar as foreign exchange scarcity continues to batter the economy of Africa’s largest oil exporter. The currency has entered a free-fall mode against the dollar at the black market, having lost 26 per cent of its value in less than two weeks. The naira had exchange for one dollar at 372 on the streets of Lagos, Abuja and other major cities on Wednesday. The local currency, which closed at 310 against the greenback last Monday, has been falling consistently and significantly in the past 11 days. Forex dealers and financial experts linked the persistent fall of the naira to panic buying of the dollar and other major hard currencies by importers, individuals and businessmen. Bureaux De Change operators in Marina, Ikeja and Apapa and Abuja told our correspondent on Thursday that there were no signs yet that the rising demand for forex especially.

www.punchng.com/naira-slumps-391dollar/

Chai Apc don finish naija. we enter one chance true true shocked shocked grin grin grin

plz where's oga Jona ?

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Want Oga Jona Back Trending -$1 Tumbles To ₦400 Pix by scribble: 12:09am On Feb 19, 2016
grin
Re: We Want Oga Jona Back Trending -$1 Tumbles To ₦400 Pix by TippyTop(m): 12:12am On Feb 19, 2016
Bag of pure water now sells for N150.

#Impeach Buhari before Bubu impeach Nigeria#

62 Likes 7 Shares

Re: We Want Oga Jona Back Trending -$1 Tumbles To ₦400 Pix by Elosky20: 12:24am On Feb 19, 2016
Even OBAMA cannot save the naira talk more of JONATHAN. We failed to diversify our economy on time. the problem nigeria is facing nw is world wide and is affecting every country that its economy is financed through oil money,

57 Likes 7 Shares

Re: We Want Oga Jona Back Trending -$1 Tumbles To ₦400 Pix by MzPecs(f): 12:27am On Feb 19, 2016
Chai!
Re: We Want Oga Jona Back Trending -$1 Tumbles To ₦400 Pix by idupaul: 12:29am On Feb 19, 2016
I was part of those who voted change. .these are tough time but I choose to believe

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Want Oga Jona Back Trending -$1 Tumbles To ₦400 Pix by BushidoBlue(m): 12:32am On Feb 19, 2016
MzPecs:
Chai!

It's like a military soldier since seven years old
I held real dead bodies in my arms
Felt their body turn cold, oh
Why we born in the first place
If this is how we gotta go?
Damn...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Want Oga Jona Back Trending -$1 Tumbles To ₦400 Pix by BushidoBlue(m): 12:33am On Feb 19, 2016
Dear topic....

I hope and pray Nigeria gets better
But for now...
I'm whistling away...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Want Oga Jona Back Trending -$1 Tumbles To ₦400 Pix by eyeview: 12:33am On Feb 19, 2016
Infact,brethren,let us pray!

Repeat after me!

My Faaatherr! My Faaatherr!

Everybody! Who worked for the victory of this APC government!

What are you waiting for?!

Oya! Fall down and die!

Die! Die! Die

61 Likes 13 Shares

Re: We Want Oga Jona Back Trending -$1 Tumbles To ₦400 Pix by MzPecs(f): 12:35am On Feb 19, 2016
BushidoBlue:

It's like a military soldier since seven years old
I held real dead bodies in my arms
Felt their body turn cold, oh
Why we born in the first place
If this is how we gotta go?
Damn...
Nice one cool

The song is dope!
Re: We Want Oga Jona Back Trending -$1 Tumbles To ₦400 Pix by skademzy(m): 12:38am On Feb 19, 2016
[quote author=TippyTop post=43051180]Bag of pure water now sells for N150.
Pls. Is it the same bag I bought N60 naira few hours ago? shocked shocked... And beside, of what business did the ordinary man have with the exchange rate?

7 Likes

Re: We Want Oga Jona Back Trending -$1 Tumbles To ₦400 Pix by Nobody: 12:39am On Feb 19, 2016
eyeview:
Infact,brethren,let us pray!

Repeat after me!

My Faaatherr! My Faaatherr!

Everybody! Who worked for the victory of this APC government!

What are you waiting for?!

Oya! Fall down and die!

Die! Die! Die

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

36 Likes

Re: We Want Oga Jona Back Trending -$1 Tumbles To ₦400 Pix by playboy99(m): 12:41am On Feb 19, 2016
TippyTop:

liEnus mba uncle u can lie o

6 Likes

Re: We Want Oga Jona Back Trending -$1 Tumbles To ₦400 Pix by porka: 12:42am On Feb 19, 2016
TippyTop:

That's a child's play compared to real big time food scarcity looming.

3 Likes

Re: We Want Oga Jona Back Trending -$1 Tumbles To ₦400 Pix by Sunnybobo3(m): 12:45am On Feb 19, 2016
Elosky20:
Even OBAMA cannot save the naira talk more of JONATHAN. We failed to diversify our economy on time. the problem nigeria is facing nw is world wide and is affecting every country that its economy is financed through oil money,

Did they not know that before promising to make $1=N1

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Want Oga Jona Back Trending -$1 Tumbles To ₦400 Pix by Dojupyo(f): 12:46am On Feb 19, 2016
This is not a matter of Ex.President Goodluck Jonathan returning to the seat or Buhari staying or leaving..
We want a diligent fellow as the president, one who has focus and doesn't fight corruption alone.. One who can fulfill all promises..
Is Buhari the right man? If yes, what has he done in the past 8months..
We should be truthful to ourselves, Le temp files(time flies), before you could close your eyes and open them, 2019 is there already..
Say the truth and shame the devil, abeg

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Want Oga Jona Back Trending -$1 Tumbles To ₦400 Pix by BushidoBlue(m): 12:48am On Feb 19, 2016
MzPecs:

Nice one cool

The song is dope!

It inspires me every time I listen to it
Re: We Want Oga Jona Back Trending -$1 Tumbles To ₦400 Pix by Elosky20: 12:53am On Feb 19, 2016
Sunnybobo3:

Did they not know that before promising to make $1=N1
politicians and exaggeration are two things that cant be seperated, even JONATHAN said in his 2011 election campaign that "if he did nt complete the niger bridge during his tenure as president that he will go into exile"
has he fulfilled it NO. he even came back to the same place to beg for more time.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Want Oga Jona Back Trending -$1 Tumbles To ₦400 Pix by LesbianBoy(m): 1:01am On Feb 19, 2016
Chai.....Jonathan was better abeg

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Want Oga Jona Back Trending -$1 Tumbles To ₦400 Pix by Elosky20: 1:06am On Feb 19, 2016
[quote author=skademzy post=43051544][/quote]
dont mind those people just taking advantage of dollar scarcity for a product that is made and sold in naija.
even common dangote packet sugar in my area is almost 300 naira nw.
#TakingAdvantageOfDollars
Re: We Want Oga Jona Back Trending -$1 Tumbles To ₦400 Pix by LudaChriz(m): 1:19am On Feb 19, 2016
This change is finally a scam! I give up

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Want Oga Jona Back Trending -$1 Tumbles To ₦400 Pix by ipledge10(m): 1:20am On Feb 19, 2016
You guys are ignorant of what is going on in the world. ..since oil started going down...Saudi Arabia that produce more than what Nigeria produce and with lesser population have sold more than $126billion of her properties...is it Jonathan that drain the country foreign reserve when oil was $110/barrel will be the one to save the country when oil is less than $30/barrel?...you can wail till jesus come

41 Likes 7 Shares

Re: We Want Oga Jona Back Trending -$1 Tumbles To ₦400 Pix by talktimi(m): 1:22am On Feb 19, 2016
MzPecs:

Nice one cool

The song is dope!
Nas (Patience)
Re: We Want Oga Jona Back Trending -$1 Tumbles To ₦400 Pix by makingsense(m): 1:24am On Feb 19, 2016
Hehehehehehe it's funny

Re: We Want Oga Jona Back Trending -$1 Tumbles To ₦400 Pix by oyinkinola: 1:33am On Feb 19, 2016
[s]
ENDTIMELIFE:
The naira tumbled further significantly at the parallel market on Thursday, hitting 391 against the dollar as foreign exchange scarcity continues to batter the economy of Africa’s largest oil exporter. The currency has entered a free-fall mode against the dollar at the black market, having lost 26 per cent of its value in less than two weeks. The naira had exchange for one dollar at 372 on the streets of Lagos, Abuja and other major cities on Wednesday. The local currency, which closed at 310 against the greenback last Monday, has been falling consistently and significantly in the past 11 days. Forex dealers and financial experts linked the persistent fall of the naira to panic buying of the dollar and other major hard currencies by importers, individuals and businessmen. Bureaux De Change operators in Marina, Ikeja and Apapa and Abuja told our correspondent on Thursday that there were no signs yet that the rising demand for forex especially.

www.punchng.com/naira-slumps-391dollar/

Chai Apc don finish naija. we enter one chance true true shocked shocked grin grin grin

plz where's oga Jona ?
[/s]

2017 budget will beat record... ₦1 quadrillion!, all the social sectors will be substantially finance to trillions ₦, poverty will be completely eradicated and by the end of year 2018 Nigeria will be declared a developed state and classify one of the first three country in the index of human .
I know you will argue on how this can happen with the economics situation of today, low foreign reserve, low oil price, with depreciation of ₦.
yes oil price is down, foreign reserve is dry but we still have foreign looted fund reserve at hand! when recovered and well managed, it won't be problem to have money for this budget!
we can only pray that a $ hit ₦1000 and all $1 trillion looted recovered!
I know for sure that with the determination of this government and the support of foreign nation to help recovered all $ trillion looted it will happen.....$1 trillion recovered and change to ₦ will give us ₦1 quadrillion needed to financ that budget!
year 2017 bye bye to poverty!

6 Likes

Re: We Want Oga Jona Back Trending -$1 Tumbles To ₦400 Pix by abassmayowa24(m): 3:01am On Feb 19, 2016
Sai Barber!!!

3 Likes

Re: We Want Oga Jona Back Trending -$1 Tumbles To ₦400 Pix by fallout87: 3:08am On Feb 19, 2016
ipledge10:
You guys are ignorant of what is going on in the world. ..since oil started going down...Saudi Arabia that produce more than what Nigeria produce and with lesser population have sold more than $126billion of her properties...is it Jonathan that drain the country foreign reserve when oil was $110/barrel will be the one to save the country when oil is less than $30/barrel?...you can wail till jesus come

Stop the lies.

It was Ameachi which led the Governors who demanded GEJ and NOI release the reserve funds.

Then the foolish idiot spent most of the funds on property and funding APC Buhari presidential campaign.

You want the reserves? You got then in the form of Buhari.

Enjoy.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Want Oga Jona Back Trending -$1 Tumbles To ₦400 Pix by oyinkinola: 3:13am On Feb 19, 2016
[s]
fallout87:

Stop the lies.

It was Ameachi which led the Governors who demanded GEJ and NOI release the reserve funds.

Then the foolish idiot spent most of the funds on property and funding APC Buhari presidential campaign.

You want the reserves? You got then in the form of Buhari.

Enjoy.
[/s]

[b]....there are very many commentary on depreciation of ₦ nowadays expecially in parallel market, although parallel or black market can be manipulated by the traders, they either do it on their self interest, so those who doesn't beleive in the prosperity of nigeria can harbour $ as they can on imported goods hereby cause hike!
But in my own point of view the depreciation of ₦ is a great success to this nation if well manage to nigeria situation today. the looted fund is in $ and it must be refunded back in $, so if $1 is ₦198 when the money is looted, then if the money is refund today at $1 to ₦350 the nation has gained ₦152!
imagine if $1=₦1000, the gain is ₦902!
So in conclusion if the government managed to refund the $trillion looted and the refunded money, change it in parallel market, this will reduce the pressure on ₦ and the scarcity of $ in parallel market so the ₦=$.

(take note all the money took out of CBN during jonathan regime were changed in parallel market before ditributed)

you have other opinion?[/b]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Want Oga Jona Back Trending -$1 Tumbles To ₦400 Pix by Iroh88(m): 3:20am On Feb 19, 2016
Elosky20:
Some people are simply too dumb or too emotional to accept the truth. This is just fact. Had we diversified our economy, the effect of the plunge in oil price wouldn't have been this drastic. Even bigger economies than Naija who are dependent on oil export are feeling the heat.

Here, PDP supporters are overly excited not realising the failure is attributable to the failure of their party over the years, especially in the last six years where oil sold for record prices but no buffers were put in place to bolster the strength of our currency in an event there's a fall in the price of crude.

Rather, they turned the dollar to their preferred medium of exchange, using it to buy everyday goods, pay for services, finance campaigns, and bribe people- the naira was ditched like an unfaithful girlfriend. Today, the same people responsible for the mess are those Wailing the most. cheesy

I hope it hits N1000 mark, then we'd see how much more excited they would get. wink

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Want Oga Jona Back Trending -$1 Tumbles To ₦400 Pix by Iroh88(m): 3:25am On Feb 19, 2016
idupaul:
I was part of those who voted change. .these are tough time but I choose to believe
Believe brother. What we are seeing today is totally inevitable. When the price of the SINGLE product upon which an economy is almost entirely based falls in the international market, this is what you get!

All oil based economies are witnessing this. Even in the last days of Jonathan's era, we saw the naira fall from 170 to 210 soon as oil prices began to drop! I don't know why the PDP supporters are making it appear as though one clueless man would have performed some magic when he didn't when oil sold for over 120dpb. cheesy

These guys are real clowns.

16 Likes

Re: We Want Oga Jona Back Trending -$1 Tumbles To ₦400 Pix by Iroh88(m): 3:30am On Feb 19, 2016
LesbianBoy:
Chai.....Jonathan was better abeg
Do you people really believe this?? How was Jonathan better

1 Like

Re: We Want Oga Jona Back Trending -$1 Tumbles To ₦400 Pix by Iroh88(m): 3:34am On Feb 19, 2016
ipledge10:
They know all these but hatred and pains from election defeat would NEVER allow them admit it. cheesy

"Jonathan back" my foot. Tufiakwa. cheesy

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Northern Muslims Were Massacred In The South (photos) / Lottery And Gaming Industry To Generate ₦100 Billion Yearly For Nigeria / 2023: US Govt Threatens Visa Ban On Election Riggers, Backs Adoption Of BVAS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.