Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,336 members, 7,780,879 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:55 AM

We Want Oga Jona Back Trending -$1 Tumbles To ₦400 Pix - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Want Oga Jona Back Trending -$1 Tumbles To ₦400 Pix (13339 Views)

Orji Uzor Kalu’s 400-Room Mansion In Igbere, Abia State (Photos) / We Want You Back Now, APC Tells Nuhu Ribadu / “We Want Grazing Reserves In The North Only” - Tambuwal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Want Oga Jona Back Trending -$1 Tumbles To ₦400 Pix by ENDTIMELIFE: 3:13pm On Feb 19, 2016
where is Jonathan oooo

Apc Buhari Govt has failed Nigerian

Re: We Want Oga Jona Back Trending -$1 Tumbles To ₦400 Pix by ayindejimmy(m): 3:22pm On Feb 19, 2016
This foreign exchange palava only affects u if u'r buyin imported goods. Things like garri, tomato, pure water , pepper and other are now cheaper than last year. I used to buy like #400 pepper to cook b4 bt now, #30
is more than enough
Re: We Want Oga Jona Back Trending -$1 Tumbles To ₦400 Pix by Nobody: 3:26pm On Feb 19, 2016
jornie:

it's not region,its market forces,nigerians prefer to shop abroad than to shop in Nigeria,nigerians prefer to use foreign hospitals than nigerian hospitals etc. now CBN has decided it will sell at 199 to 1dollar (plus bank charges) to those with genuine businesses to do with dollar,like import of raw materials and machinery, [b]those schooling abroad [/b]etc but for those who want to import wines,toothpick,tomatopaste,plates,slippers,yatch,planes etc its telling them to go and source their dollar else where...the Govt is deliberately doing this to favour local manufacturers and force foreign manufacturers establish firms here in Nigeria.
it is only for the good of nigerians

John, the emboldened has beem getting badied around but the fact is those schooling abroad are feeling the heat - the CBN is not selling to them at 199. In fact, th CBN itself is sufferinf from shortage of dollars to cater to the demands of forex by the government not to mention individuals.

I know folks in the US who are suffering right now.
Re: We Want Oga Jona Back Trending -$1 Tumbles To ₦400 Pix by Nobody: 3:27pm On Feb 19, 2016
ayindejimmy:
This foreign exchange palava only affects u if u'r buyin imported goods. Things like garri, tomato, pure water , pepper and other are now cheaper than last year. I used to buy like #400 pepper to cook b4 bt now, #30
is more than enough

Inflation is on the rise, soon you'll start paying 1000 naira for 30 naira pepper, just watch.
Re: We Want Oga Jona Back Trending -$1 Tumbles To ₦400 Pix by Sant1m: 3:58pm On Feb 19, 2016
ipledge10:
You guys are ignorant of what is going on in the world. ..since oil started going down...Saudi Arabia that produce more than what Nigeria produce and with lesser population have sold more than $126billion of her properties...is it Jonathan that drain the country foreign reserve when oil was $110/barrel will be the one to save the country when oil is less than $30/barrel?...you can wail till jesus come
Tufiakpa! This time he will sit at the door of the vault at CBN to personally supervise that no dollars enters there. What he did before will be a child's play to the looting he will supervise next. We seem to forget easily peoples misdeeds in this country. Mama peace will personally be selling the dollars as a mallams at an auction price of 380. Rubbish question

1 Like

Re: We Want Oga Jona Back Trending -$1 Tumbles To ₦400 Pix by malcomvee: 4:25pm On Feb 19, 2016
playboy99:
liEnus mba uncle u can lie o

Pure water is N150..gbagada lagos
Re: We Want Oga Jona Back Trending -$1 Tumbles To ₦400 Pix by byteem: 4:34pm On Feb 19, 2016
NOW THEY'LL VALUE WHAT OKONJO WAS ABLE TO ACHIEVE ... OIL PRICE HAD FALLEN SINCE BUT NAIRA REMAINED STABLE.. NO BE TODAY OIL PRICE FALL.. SO LET OGA BUHARI GO AND BEG OKONJO FOR ADVICE .. AND ASK HER TO WAVE HER MAJIC WAND..

U THINK SAY ALL THOSE WORLD BANK AND IMF CONTACTS WEH SHE GET NA BEANS .. OYA PMB OVER TO YOU... IN LESS THAN EIGHT MONTHS DOLLAR FROM 200 HAS SHOT TO 400... AND RISING

ALL THEY DO IS COMPLAIN AND BLAME EVERY ONE ELSE BUT THEMSELVES FOR THEIR FAILURE
Re: We Want Oga Jona Back Trending -$1 Tumbles To ₦400 Pix by TunjiMsp: 4:51pm On Feb 19, 2016
ENDTIMELIFE:
The naira tumbled further significantly at the parallel market on Thursday, hitting 391 against the dollar as foreign exchange scarcity continues to batter the economy of Africa’s largest oil exporter. The currency has entered a free-fall mode against the dollar at the black market, having lost 26 per cent of its value in less than two weeks. The naira had exchange for one dollar at 372 on the streets of Lagos, Abuja and other major cities on Wednesday. The local currency, which closed at 310 against the greenback last Monday, has been falling consistently and significantly in the past 11 days. Forex dealers and financial experts linked the persistent fall of the naira to panic buying of the dollar and other major hard currencies by importers, individuals and businessmen. Bureaux De Change operators in Marina, Ikeja and Apapa and Abuja told our correspondent on Thursday that there were no signs yet that the rising demand for forex especially.

www.punchng.com/naira-slumps-391dollar/

Chai Apc don finish naija. we enter one chance true true shocked shocked grin grin grin

plz where's oga Jona ?
fools like you forget that Jonathan is the reason we are this mess, while Saudi Arabia and other oil base economy were growing their external reserve, preparing for this drought, he and his cronies were busy sharing the so called excess crude account, so now that there is no crude money, Buhari should fund forex with your blood abi? People like Jonathan always run the country in recession like Greece and Peurto rico. I'm glad someone is trying to clean up the mess he left behind, instead of you all complaining about dollar going why don't you look what to start producing locally to reduce our dependence on forex. Think Nigeria Go for made in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: We Want Oga Jona Back Trending -$1 Tumbles To ₦400 Pix by KingTom(m): 5:46pm On Feb 19, 2016
francizy:

LoL! Even the insensible is shared by you... You are a coven die-hard Buharist sir! cool
so am I shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Want Oga Jona Back Trending -$1 Tumbles To ₦400 Pix by Babajide1990: 6:55pm On Feb 19, 2016
Truly, the naira is nose-diving!

But we can't just sit down and moan
The fact is the purchsing power of the naira you carry has really weakened.

You need residual income

I bring to you Project 1-9-90. It is an online cooperative business opportunity.

Yes it uses d concept of MLM but it is unique.

All you need is 10euros to register and 378% profit is guaranteed.
Listen, you don't sell any product, it is transparent and real-time

Most importantly, it is relatively new, just 94000 members globally.
Also, withdrawal is anytime and seamless

Of course you will work by inviting people, building a team and monitoring your team -you can NEVER make money without working.

Reach me for more details, just whatsapp me on 07031168455.

God bless you.
Re: We Want Oga Jona Back Trending -$1 Tumbles To ₦400 Pix by oganology33(m): 7:43pm On Feb 19, 2016
oyinkinola:
[s][/s]

2017 budget will beat record... ₦1 quadrillion!, all the social sectors will be substantially finance to trillions ₦, poverty will be completely eradicated and by the end of year 2018 Nigeria will be declared a developed state and classify one of the first three country in the index of human .
I know you will argue on how this can happen with the economics situation of today, low foreign reserve, low oil price, with depreciation of ₦.
yhappen.....$1 trillion recovered and change to ₦ will give us ₦1 quadrillion needed to financ that budget!
year 2017 bye bye to poverty!
Do u tink global economics (the ride and fall of the currency) is abt financing a fraudulent budget dat might not even b implemented to 50%??
Without gud economic policies dat will resurrect other sectors of the economy such as agric, tech, mineral resources etc.
This Admin is totally clueless 2 reviving dis economy. Instead of the President 2 become the minister 4 Agriculture, or Solid Minerals or Science and tech. He decided 2 still place priority on OYEL dat has become our greatest undoing.
Yet. No head way on how 2 at least address the currency dat is flying lyk Edo winch every nyt.
Re: We Want Oga Jona Back Trending -$1 Tumbles To ₦400 Pix by obiak4(m): 7:59pm On Feb 19, 2016
As a lay man, i have considered this:
Devaluation of naira: Genuine importers of raw materials will buy dollar at 350-400 naira, price of their finished good will increase. Purchasing power of everyone will drop. including the masses who dont deal with forex, BDC etc.
What is the proportion of Nigerians that is affected by 1 dollar = 350 naira today compared to when naira is devaluated??
With the current regime, Every demand for forex outside genuine importers of raw matertials buy at black market (including those of us who buy cloths from Aliexpress, ebay etc..), including those who enjoy luxurious Dubai travels. Does the current regime affect Mr Salako who eats Garri (ijebu), Tomatoe (Kano), Onion (Sokoto), and Beans (Adamawa) and palm oil (Ondo)Does it affect the cost of taking the average civil servant from his house to workDoes it affect the cost of buying 1 bag of Dangote cement to continue his 2 bedroom bungallow
Am sure tie and dye from Abeokuta or Aba made Jeans shoudnt be affected. So who are the real victims of this current regime of FX over-demand in the market?? My lay man perspective you may say........
Re: We Want Oga Jona Back Trending -$1 Tumbles To ₦400 Pix by chinjo(m): 8:41pm On Feb 19, 2016
eyeview:
Infact,brethren,let us pray!
Repeat after me!
My Faaatherr! My Faaatherr!
Everybody! Who worked for the victory of this APC government!
What are you waiting for?!
Oya! Fall down and die!
Die! Die! Die

Repeat after me. every evil remote, that was used to remote us, Into believing the APC propaganda, What are u still waiting for? Dieeeeeeeee by Fireeeeeeee Die die die die die die die die die die die die.....
Re: We Want Oga Jona Back Trending -$1 Tumbles To ₦400 Pix by jornie(m): 10:28pm On Feb 19, 2016
9jacrip:

John, the emboldened has beem getting badied around but the fact is those schooling abroad are feeling the heat - the CBN is not selling to them at 199. In fact, th CBN itself is sufferinf from shortage of dollars to cater to the demands of forex by the government not to mention individuals.

I know folks in the US who are suffering right now.
CBN is selling to banks at 199,banks are selling to the emboldened at 199 plus their own rate... CBN will not sell dollars to individuals
Re: We Want Oga Jona Back Trending -$1 Tumbles To ₦400 Pix by Nobody: 10:32pm On Feb 19, 2016
jornie:

CBN is selling to banks at 199,banks are selling to the emboldened at 199 plus their own rate... CBN will not sell dollars to individuals

Selling at 199 eh?

Here's a screen shot for you.

199 from 340 leaves 141.

Either the 141 added to the official rate of 199 is too much or 340 is actually the worth of naira to dollar in the international market.

Re: We Want Oga Jona Back Trending -$1 Tumbles To ₦400 Pix by Nobody: 6:27am On Feb 20, 2016
Iroh88:
Some people are simply too dumb or too emotional to accept the truth. This is just fact. Had we diversified our economy, the effect of the plunge in oil price wouldn't have been this drastic. Even bigger economies than Naija who are dependent on oil export are feeling the heat.

Here, PDP supporters are overly excited not realising the failure is attributable to the failure of their party over the years, especially in the last six years where oil sold for record prices but no buffers were put in place to bolster the strength of our currency in an event there's a fall in the price of crude.

Rather, they turned the dollar to their preferred medium of exchange, using it to buy everyday goods, pay for services, finance campaigns, and bribe people- the naira was ditched like an unfaithful girlfriend. Today, the same people responsible for the mess are those Wailing the most. cheesy

I hope it hits N1000 mark, then we'd see how much more excited they would get. wink
Mr, all this things you just said did buhari know them? If yes, then y promise what he has no power over... $1=1 naira

1 Like

Re: We Want Oga Jona Back Trending -$1 Tumbles To ₦400 Pix by omostar: 6:39am On Feb 20, 2016
ipledge10:
You guys are ignorant of what is going on in the world. ..since oil started going down...Saudi Arabia that produce more than what Nigeria produce and with lesser population have sold more than $126billion of her properties...is it Jonathan that drain the country foreign reserve when oil was $110/barrel will be the one to save the country when oil is less than $30/barrel?...you can wail till jesus come

Thank you! They have also increased petrol price by over 40%, stopped sponsoring so many of their students abroad, have drastically reduced hiring expats and so many other measures, so why are we complaining as if this problem is this administration's fault?
Re: We Want Oga Jona Back Trending -$1 Tumbles To ₦400 Pix by omostar: 6:43am On Feb 20, 2016
kayfra:

The ignorance is nauseating.

Hopefully most of the people that post here don't have more than secondary school certificates.

I really think so too. Either that or they are feigning ignorance and illiteracy.
Re: We Want Oga Jona Back Trending -$1 Tumbles To ₦400 Pix by ipledge10(m): 6:48am On Feb 20, 2016
omostar:

Thank you! They have also increased petrol price by over 40%, stopped sponsoring so many of their students abroad, have drastically reduced hiring expats and so many other measures, so why are we complaining as if this problem is this administration's fault?
it's true about sponsoring students...before you just come to America and they started catering for your needs,but know you must have stayed atleast 2yrs before they do shii about you....
Re: We Want Oga Jona Back Trending -$1 Tumbles To ₦400 Pix by omostar: 6:51am On Feb 20, 2016
jornie:
Honestly,i don't know why everyone one is complaining,in the first place,nigeria shouldn't have a parallel market,nigeria should have a control of its own economy. Now,cbn is still selling dollar for 199 while parallel markets sell for above 400,what does that imply? The govt is spoiling their market,soon the parallel market dollar rate will be a thousand.. Then i guess they would have no choice but to packup and leave.... Even US doesnt have a parallel market.

Abi o. Well said.
Re: We Want Oga Jona Back Trending -$1 Tumbles To ₦400 Pix by Splashme: 7:07am On Feb 20, 2016
[size=18pt]I weep for Nigeria my country . . . [/size]
Re: We Want Oga Jona Back Trending -$1 Tumbles To ₦400 Pix by stonemasonn: 7:35am On Feb 20, 2016
bjdon:

Wrong wrong wrong. Between 2014 and May 2015 Oil had infact dropped from over $120 to about $40, yet the value of the Niara during that time remained relatively stable. GEJ had a top class economic team in place and they were quietly able to weather the storm without the Niara taking a hit. The big drop in the currency has all taken place in the last few months. So please answer me this, how come when oil fell from $130 to £50 the Niara did not crash, yet now it's fallen from $50 to $30 we have a crash??

You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all the people all of the time, one day Nigerians will come to realize that Ngozi and her team were THE BEST ECONOMIC MANAGERS Nigeria has ever had bare none.
Big lie
Re: We Want Oga Jona Back Trending -$1 Tumbles To ₦400 Pix by ENDTIMELIFE: 1:37pm On Feb 20, 2016
I weep for Nigeria my country .

Re: We Want Oga Jona Back Trending -$1 Tumbles To ₦400 Pix by Alezy(m): 2:58pm On Feb 20, 2016
eyeview:
Infact,brethren,let us pray!

Repeat after me!

My Faaatherr! My Faaatherr!

Everybody! Who worked for the victory of this APC government!

What are you waiting for?!

Oya! Fall down and die!

Die! Die! Die
haha haha haha haha. ...ldkmdh. una go kill person one day for NL.
Re: We Want Oga Jona Back Trending -$1 Tumbles To ₦400 Pix by LouisVanGaal(m): 1:05am On Feb 21, 2016
This was what happened to the israelites in the bible, when God took them out of captivity..and were passing through the wilderness..for a journey that originally would have spent 4 years; but they spent 40years cos they Grumbled..saying that it would have been better had they remained in Egypt..
Nigerians be careful for what you wished for, EVERY sane and patriotic Nigerian had expected this situation...Even NOI forecasted it..despite dem dwindling our revenue
Re: We Want Oga Jona Back Trending -$1 Tumbles To ₦400 Pix by grandstar(m): 3:09am On Feb 21, 2016
Iroh88:
Believe brother. What we are seeing today is totally inevitable. When the price of the SINGLE product upon which an economy is almost entirely based falls in the international market, this is what you get!

All oil based economies are witnessing this. Even in the last days of Jonathan's era, we saw the naira fall from 170 to 210 soon as oil prices began to drop! I don't know why the PDP supporters are making it appear as though one clueless man would have performed some magic when he didn't when oil sold for over 120dpb. cheesy

These guys are real clowns.

This is completely avoidable!

GEJ allowed the naira to depreciate with the fall in crude oil prices.

Buhari upon assuming power said he won't allow the currency to depreciate because he does not want the people to suffer.

Its like saying you don't like that 1+1=2!

Whatever exchange rate you have, you mudt be able to defend it. That means supplying enough forex to meet demand. At this rate of 197, the government can't and that is why there is enormous pressure on the black market.

That is why Sanusi said he is living in denial.
I have written the economy off since July 2015 or probably earlier.

!

2 Likes

Re: We Want Oga Jona Back Trending -$1 Tumbles To ₦400 Pix by ENDTIMELIFE: 9:30pm On May 20, 2016
No side of this PMB government is good at all. Market women are crying, employer are sacking, labour are protesting, Niger Deltan Avengers are bombing, Fulani Herdsmen are killing, APC are telling lies, the rich cannot access Forex, the poor are getting poorer, hunger every where, darkness every where, fuel are increasing, Millions of graduate in Labour Market, business owner are closing shop, employer are angry, Noting is working ETC. I call on PMB to just resign or National Assembly should as a matter of urgency impeach this man before it too late my humble opinion.

GOD DO YOUR WONDERS TO ALL THESE CORRUPT APC FOOLISSH OLD MEN SUFFERING THE MASSES
Re: We Want Oga Jona Back Trending -$1 Tumbles To ₦400 Pix by ENDTIMELIFE: 7:01pm On Aug 24, 2016
Naira Crosses 400/$ Mark At Parallel Market After FX Ban On 9 Banks today 24th August
cheesy cheesy grin
Re: We Want Oga Jona Back Trending -$1 Tumbles To ₦400 Pix by wowmenow: 7:51pm On Aug 24, 2016
Gbawe:

Thank you ojare. Tragic that some are now asking the same man who took us backwards horribly over 5 years he was President , in prosperous times, and is responsible for 90% of our problems, to return yet they cannot even give Buhari two years in charge in a very difficult period affecting the entire world. This is the sort off 'only in Nigeria' development that highlights the fact that Nigerians are the biggest enemies of Nigeria.

The same people like amechi saraki and the rest that make Jonathan not to save are I'm buhari government

Why can't you ask buhari to ask them to account of such money

What have buhari done in the last 18 months in office

Where is the money buhari realise from TSA

Its shameful for adult like you to blame past government

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

CCB Uncovers Orubebe’s Property In Abuja / Hon. Independence Ogunewe: Incalculable Loss To Nigeria's Democracy And Imolites / Buni Hails Buhari On Improved Security

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.