Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:37 PM

Withdrawing From Domiciliary Account - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Withdrawing From Domiciliary Account (28530 Views)

Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? / Man In Only Towel At Ecobank ATM Withdrawing Money (Photo) / How To Get Dollar Into Your Domiciliary Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Withdrawing From Domiciliary Account by smallz001: 1:54pm On Feb 19, 2016
Has anyone withdrawn cash (dollars) from their domicialiary account in Nigeria at the branch? I called GTBank and they said you can withdraw up to $2500/day, but upon asking around I was told, they will give it in Naira with N200 exchange rate. Is this true?

I want to send to my sister but want to confirm before doing so.
Re: Withdrawing From Domiciliary Account by demosoft: 2:32pm On Feb 19, 2016
smallz001:
Has anyone withdrawn cash (dollars) from their domicialiary account in Nigeria at the branch? I called GTBank and they said you can withdraw up to $2500/day, but upon asking around I was told, they will give it in Naira with N200 exchange rate. Is this true?

I withdrew 2 days ago 5k cash and was charged 0.5 fees. Tell her to go to the branch she opened the account .If you are sending from another bank , they will pay her in Naira. However you can transfer GTB to GTB dorm.
Re: Withdrawing From Domiciliary Account by smallz001: 2:36pm On Feb 19, 2016
demosoft:
I withdrew 2 days ago 5k cash and was charged 0.5 fees. Tell her to go to the branch she opened the account .If you are sending from another bank , they will pay her in Naira. However you can transfer GTB to GTB dorm.

I will be sending the money from my US bank account to her GTB domiciliary account. What do you mean by 0.5 fees?
Re: Withdrawing From Domiciliary Account by demosoft: 2:48pm On Feb 19, 2016
smallz001:

I will be sending the money from my US bank account to her GTB domiciliary account. What do you mean by 0.5 fees?
fees for withdrawing . Based on the restrictions. I can't say for sure if the money will hit her account in USD. THE banks are quite greedy now . There's also a possibility that when she goes , they will claim to have no usd and try persuading her to receive naira (at 200). If the money is not for urgent use , then send to her but be sure she will have to wait till whenever they have dollars to pay her cash. Branch also determines if she gets dollars or naira. You may chat me to discuss options.
Re: Withdrawing From Domiciliary Account by Nobody: 2:51pm On Feb 19, 2016
This is it:

She will indeed receive the money in her dom account in USD. But to cash this money over the counter, it would be at 197. Not even 200.

The best thing to do is, find someone who needs USD at a simple rate and sell it. That way she gets what she wants.

CBN has uplifted Domiciliary account restriction. any bank that does not give you your USD into your account at least, sue them.

2 Likes

Re: Withdrawing From Domiciliary Account by demosoft: 3:01pm On Feb 19, 2016
coolsix:
This is it:
She will indeed receive the money in her dom account in USD. But to cash this money over the counter, it would be at 197. Not even 200.
The best thing to do is, find someone who needs USD at a simple rate and sell it. That way she gets what she wants.
CBN has uplifted Domiciliary account restriction. any bank that does not give you your USD into your account at least, sue them.
I said if it's not urgent he should proceed cos banks can frustrate the withdrawal till you succumb to using Naira option. You can't sue them cos they never claim that they won't pay you .You just have to wait till whenever they USD.

I can assist with my US bank and pay her Naira@ good rate. Better than banks and western union.
Re: Withdrawing From Domiciliary Account by Nobody: 3:36pm On Feb 19, 2016
demosoft:
I said if it's not urgent he should proceed cos banks can frustrate the withdrawal till you succumb to using Naira option. You can't sue them cos they never claim that they won't pay you .You just have to wait till whenever they USD.

I can assist with my US bank and pay her Naira@ good rate. Better than banks and western union.

@highlighted.

They cannot claim they don't have USD. Its just like me paying you N10,000 into your Zenith Bank for example, and now you should pay that same N10,000 into my Access Bank. You now tell me you don't have Naira. That is the situation. During a bank wire, the USD is SENT to them either to their correspondent bank abroad where the actual Dollar Cash is. So they have it they cannot tell you they dont and force you to use Naira @197.

Anyway that aside,

How much can you sell $$ to me?

5 Likes

Re: Withdrawing From Domiciliary Account by demosoft: 6:29pm On Feb 19, 2016
coolsix:

@highlighted.

They cannot claim they don't have USD. Its just like me paying you N10,000 into your Zenith Bank for example, and now you should pay that same N10,000 into my Access Bank. You now tell me you don't have Naira. That is the situation. During a bank wire, the USD is SENT to them either to their correspondent bank abroad where the actual Dollar Cash is. So they have it they cannot tell you they dont and force you to use Naira @197.

Anyway that aside,

How much can you sell $$ to me?
How much do you need ...My rate isn't fixed
Re: Withdrawing From Domiciliary Account by atilla(m): 7:04pm On Feb 19, 2016
I withdrew from my Dom account 2 weeks ago.
It was approx 4500 dols.

Good luck let us know how it goes. I think ur sister should send an email confirming she can withdraw the cash from her acct officer
Re: Withdrawing From Domiciliary Account by collinsz: 8:53pm On Feb 19, 2016
Hi, i can assist in delivering the money to her at a good rate. You can chat me up on wattsapp 08033260602. I pay into her naira account instantly.

Note: i can buy any volume.
Re: Withdrawing From Domiciliary Account by 2wizkids(m): 8:58pm On Feb 19, 2016
@opi can buy any volume you have at a good rate the money is already available, just pm me...thanks
Re: Withdrawing From Domiciliary Account by Nobody: 9:04pm On Feb 19, 2016
demosoft:
How much do you need ...My rate isn't fixed

Like $250 to my dom account.
Re: Withdrawing From Domiciliary Account by demosoft: 9:21pm On Feb 19, 2016
coolsix:

Like $250 to my dom account.
Rate is 370 sir.
Re: Withdrawing From Domiciliary Account by bykomartin: 10:59pm On Feb 19, 2016
plss can someone in the USA or any country that wants to send money to anybody in Nigeria send the money into my SOLIDTRUSTPAY acct,
i will pay the person he wants to send the money the naira equivalent at the rate of N220 to $1
my email chimartin44@yahoo.com
Re: Withdrawing From Domiciliary Account by stagger: 12:29am On Feb 20, 2016
OP, let no one deceive you and do not listen to some of those people who say you can't withdraw USD. They obviously do not have domiciliary accounts and do not know how they are currently operating.

I have both a USD and GBP account with at least three banks in Nigeria. You can withdraw your money sent via international wire in foreign currency. I have withdrawn from my USD domiciliary account like THREE TIMES this week. I have been part of those who have enjoyed the fall in the Naira. Imagine pulling out $1,000 and going home with N380,000 after paying a visit to the mallams. Sweetness galore.

Feel free to send the money to your sister. She should simply walk to any GTB account and withdraw her money in dollars. Period!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Withdrawing From Domiciliary Account by Nobody: 3:26am On Feb 20, 2016
Is it possible for a branch not to have dollar?

My branch (Ecobank) says they've not had dollar since January. They don't want to pay me
Re: Withdrawing From Domiciliary Account by demosoft: 3:31am On Feb 20, 2016
noxide:

My branch (Ecobank) says they've not had dollar since January. They don't want to pay me
Yes it's very possible.
Re: Withdrawing From Domiciliary Account by etebefia: 5:43am On Feb 20, 2016
smallz001:

can you also wire USD to my Dom account and I'll send PayPal fund to you?
Re: Withdrawing From Domiciliary Account by AdaAnambra: 12:46pm On Feb 20, 2016
noxide:

Na wow o. This is strange for them. All this wahala with fx in banking nowadays. At first we couldn't withdraw over the counter, now we are being charged for every withdrawal, card spending limits abroad are reducing or restricted every other day. I beg! But just to be sure, email them on engcontactcentre@ecobank.com or call 0700 500 0000.
Re: Withdrawing From Domiciliary Account by Silvani(m): 1:50pm On Jul 13, 2016
noxide:

Yes it's 100% possible. GTBank Nnewi branch did it to me on January 5th 2015. Though they claimed that they only have $20 notes not that they don't have at all.
Re: Withdrawing From Domiciliary Account by eckersley: 5:48am On Aug 07, 2016
stagger:
OP, let no one deceive you and do not listen to some of those people who say you can't withdraw USD. They obviously do not have domiciliary accounts and do not know how they are currently operating.

I have both a USD and GBP account with at least three banks in Nigeria. You can withdraw your money sent via international wire in foreign currency. I have withdrawn from my USD domiciliary account like THREE TIMES this week. I have been part of those who have enjoyed the fall in the Naira. Imagine pulling out $1,000 and going home with N380,000 after paying a visit to the mallams. Sweetness galore.

Feel free to send the money to your sister. She should simply walk to any GTB account and withdraw her money in dollars. Period!
Will contact you before trying this.
Tx
Re: Withdrawing From Domiciliary Account by Manuel12p(m): 1:22pm On Dec 12, 2016
what bank has the best domiciliary account?
Re: Withdrawing From Domiciliary Account by 2sexynet: 1:37pm On Dec 12, 2016
smallz001:

she shouldn't withdraw the money when it comes. Tell her to sell the funds electronically to aboki at a higher exchange rate. This can be done within bank premises.

At least she gets 480/$ that way.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Withdrawing From Domiciliary Account by 2sexynet: 1:40pm On Dec 12, 2016
bykomartin:
plss can someone in the USA or any country that wants to send money to anybody in Nigeria send the money into my SOLIDTRUSTPAY acct,
i will pay the person he wants to send the money the naira equivalent at the rate of N220 to $1
my email chimartin44@yahoo.com
you must ne dreaming. 220 for this buhari time? U go grow white hair. U think nobody is aware of the current rate? Siddon make shokoto wear u.
Re: Withdrawing From Domiciliary Account by obiscolly(m): 10:45pm On Dec 13, 2016
Pls, are Nigerian banks paying dollars to owners of domiciliary account. I want to send some money, but i need to be sure if the person can withdraw in dollars.
Re: Withdrawing From Domiciliary Account by Nobody: 8:39am On Dec 17, 2016
2sexynet:
you must ne dreaming. 220 for this buhari time? U go grow white hair. U think nobody is aware of the current rate? Siddon make shokoto wear u.
you must be high!!!you no check the date abi??
Re: Withdrawing From Domiciliary Account by MonsieurCoder: 8:49pm On Jan 05, 2017
2sexynet:
she shouldn't withdraw the money when it comes. Tell her to sell the funds electronically to aboki at a higher exchange rate. This can be done within bank premises.

Please how can this be done? Can you throw more light?
Re: Withdrawing From Domiciliary Account by caesaraba(m): 6:18am On Jan 24, 2017
2sexynet:

Hello 2sexy, can you throw more light on this? Thanks a lot.
Re: Withdrawing From Domiciliary Account by jeffjerry1(m): 3:19pm On Jan 31, 2017
hello, please i urgently wanna make a transfer to a foreign account for a sofeware i wanna buy. i dont have a dorm account, neither a paypal account. please anyone who can do that while i give the person an equivalent in Naira should contact me. just 27USD.

jeremiahebongsunday1@gmail.com
Re: Withdrawing From Domiciliary Account by theophiltoby(m): 7:10pm On Jan 31, 2017
Re: Withdrawing From Domiciliary Account by arbitrage: 7:13pm On Jan 31, 2017
jeffjerry1:
hello, please i urgently wanna make a transfer to a foreign account for a sofeware i wanna buy. i dont have a dorm account, neither a paypal account. please anyone who can do that while i give the person an equivalent in Naira should contact me. just 27USD.

jeremiahebongsunday1@gmail.com

Simply visit PayPal.com to register and add your Naira card to make the payment after minutes of verification.

2 Likes

Re: Withdrawing From Domiciliary Account by mogul2b: 8:53pm On Feb 18, 2017
Please room.... kindly assist me with this information ASAP ...I want to transfer fund in dollar to a Malaysian account using someone domiciliary account. Do bank charge on transfer on domiciliary account. The charge I know of is when withdrawal is made

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help Me!! My Money Is Missing. / CBN Directs Banks To Pay Customers With ₦100, ₦50, ₦20, ₦10, ₦5 Over-The-Counter / CBN Asks Nigerians To Reject Old Naira Notes From Banks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.