Stats: 3,149,811 members, 7,806,279 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:56 PM

Mckinsey 2016 (march) PST Invite - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Mckinsey 2016 (march) PST Invite (13060 Views)

Mckinsey&Company Recruitment 2018 (8 Positions) / Mckinsey Recruitment / Graduate Trainees Wanted At Mckinsey & Company (2) (3) (4)

Mckinsey 2016 (march) PST Invite by Darlx(m): 8:36pm On Feb 19, 2016
I got an invite for the Mckinsey PST holding next month. Anybody else in my shoes?
Re: Mckinsey 2016 (march) PST Invite by Philadelphia: 8:54pm On Feb 19, 2016
Darlx:
I got an invite for the Mckinsey PST holding next month. Anybody else in my shoes?

I also got an invite too. Mine is sooner than next month. What's PST?
Re: Mckinsey 2016 (march) PST Invite by sanyalai: 9:01pm On Feb 19, 2016
Philadelphia:

Problem solving test. go to their website and download sample of the test format
Re: Mckinsey 2016 (march) PST Invite by Philadelphia: 10:21pm On Feb 19, 2016
sanyalai:

Problem solving test. go to their website and download sample of the test format

I guessed as much. Thanks.
Re: Mckinsey 2016 (march) PST Invite by Philadelphia: 10:22pm On Feb 19, 2016
Do they give sign on bonus and a brand new car?
Re: Mckinsey 2016 (march) PST Invite by LaurelP(m): 11:05pm On Feb 19, 2016
Philadelphia:

U should focus on scaling through the test first, before u get concerned about benefits.
Believe me, Mckinsey PST is one of the toughest job tests in the world.

Re: Mckinsey 2016 (march) PST Invite by E383: 1:30am On Feb 20, 2016
Philadelphia:

You never pass test you dey find sign on bonus. angry

You better go and prepare for the test if you are interested. Mckinsey's test is no joke, unlike the regular.

Re: Mckinsey 2016 (march) PST Invite by OlatunjiOmotayo(m): 7:15am On Feb 20, 2016
Thank you for your interest in McKinsey & Company's Africa Delivery Hub. We have screened your CV and are pleased to invite you to the first stage of the assessment process: an online reasoning test and questionnaire. 

Next Steps
We will test your numerical and verbal reasoning skills using a test called the SHL Verify Test. Within the next 24 hours, you will receive an email from our assessment partners, the SHL Group. This email will contain all the details needed to take the test, including the link to the test website, your user name and password. You may begin the test as soon as you receive the email. Tests taken after the deadline will not be counted so please ensure you follow the timeline closely and complete the test before the deadline, which is listed below. We recommend that you follow the instructions in the SHL email to find out more about the online assessment, to practice assessments and to get tips on how to prepare. When logging into your account, copy your user name and password exactly as it is sent to you and ensure it does not contain hidden spaces or blanks.

Test structure: 1 x Numerical & 1 x Verbal Reasoning Test 

Test duration: 45 minutes (verbal test ~19 minutes, numerical test ~25 minutes). Please leave additional time to do the practice questions at the beginning of each test but note that the actual test questions are timed, you will not have extra time to complete these questions. 

Test deadline: Thursday, 25 February
Re: Mckinsey 2016 (march) PST Invite by sanyalai: 7:57am On Feb 20, 2016
OlatunjiOmotayo:

Thank you for your interest in McKinsey & Company's Africa Delivery Hub. We have screened your CV and are pleased to invite you to the first stage of the assessment process: an online reasoning test and questionnaire. 

Next Steps
We will test your numerical and verbal reasoning skills using a test called the SHL Verify Test. Within the next 24 hours, you will receive an email from our assessment partners, the SHL Group. This email will contain all the details needed to take the test, including the link to the test website, your user name and password. You may begin the test as soon as you receive the email. Tests taken after the deadline will not be counted so please ensure you follow the timeline closely and complete the test before the deadline, which is listed below. We recommend that you follow the instructions in the SHL email to find out more about the online assessment, to practice assessments and to get tips on how to prepare. When logging into your account, copy your user name and password exactly as it is sent to you and ensure it does not contain hidden spaces or blanks.

Test duration: 45 minutes (verbal test ~19 minutes, numerical test ~25 minutes). Please leave additional time to do the practice questions at the beginning of each test but note that the actual test questions are timed, you will not have extra time to complete these questions. 

This is a different one. Its not PST for you then, SHL it is. Those written in their office even as at last year was PST. Good luck

Re: Mckinsey 2016 (march) PST Invite by Tobeychi(m): 8:21am On Feb 20, 2016
Please how did you guys apply and what position did you apply for
Re: Mckinsey 2016 (march) PST Invite by Darlx(m): 10:21am On Feb 20, 2016
Apart from the PST tests on their website and the ones delivered via the invitation email, does anybody have others? Obviously the more we practice, the better. undecided
Re: Mckinsey 2016 (march) PST Invite by Darlx(m): 10:23am On Feb 20, 2016
Tobeychi:
Please how did you guys apply and what position did you apply for

Via their website. Mine was an unsolicited application for the position of a Business Analyst.
Re: Mckinsey 2016 (march) PST Invite by Darlx(m): 11:41am On Feb 20, 2016
Philadelphia:

When are you writing?
Re: Mckinsey 2016 (march) PST Invite by Nobody: 10:58am On Mar 04, 2016
please i would like to ask who has a good preparation book for business case studies..i am almost going mad with preparation since this is my first time with case studies..i am just going crazy..there is this book from victor chang..whos got it

@E383
Re: Mckinsey 2016 (march) PST Invite by jamanuka: 3:42pm On Mar 04, 2016
IzonOwei:
please i would like to ask who has a good preparation book for business case studies..i am almost going mad with preparation since this is my first time with case studies..i am just going crazy..there is this book from victor chang..whos got it

@E383
You scaled the PST and have been invited for the Case Interview?

Check your PM though
Re: Mckinsey 2016 (march) PST Invite by havilah007: 4:05pm On Mar 04, 2016
OlatunjiOmotayo:

Next Steps

Hi got the same invite and ive had the SHL test. They replied thet they have my test scores as well as my pre-assessment form.

I havent heard from them since then. Please lets know if you further hear from them.

Re: Mckinsey 2016 (march) PST Invite by Philadelphia: 4:28pm On Mar 04, 2016
havilah007:

Hi got the same invite and ive had the SHL test. They replied thet they have my test scores as well as my pre-assessment form.

I havent heard from them since then. Please lets know if you further hear from them.

I also wrote the shl. Mehn, how did you see those questions?
I pray I scale through. Any idea of what their pay is? Allowance, sign up bonus, etc?
Re: Mckinsey 2016 (march) PST Invite by E383: 4:56pm On Mar 05, 2016
IzonOwei:

@E383

Download Case in point. I dont have it anymore. However, it should help you.
Re: Mckinsey 2016 (march) PST Invite by johngoodluck: 1:09pm On Mar 06, 2016
Hello Guys,

I as well applied for the African Delivery Hub job but I haven't gotten any information from them since then.

Pls could you share the email address the sent you the test invite so I could send them a mail to know my application status.

Thanks for your cooperation
Re: Mckinsey 2016 (march) PST Invite by livgenius: 3:39pm On Mar 06, 2016
Be patient. No need sending emails. It may take a while but they will get back to you.

Guess they have changed from PST to SHL. Maybe because people were failing lol. PST was no joke. I passed but everyone else i know failed it.

The next stage which is a case interview is even tougher than the test
Re: Mckinsey 2016 (march) PST Invite by Philadelphia: 3:44pm On Mar 06, 2016
johngoodluck:
Hello Guys,

I as well applied for the African Delivery Hub job but I haven't gotten any information from them since then.

Pls could you share the email address the sent you the test invite so I could send them a mail to know my application status.

Thanks for your cooperation

Sorry to say but you may be out of the race. We that applied for same position have written our test and our waiting for next stage grin
Re: Mckinsey 2016 (march) PST Invite by jamanuka: 6:15pm On Mar 06, 2016
If it is true they have changed from PST to SHL for Nigerian graduates, then I have some reservations
Re: Mckinsey 2016 (march) PST Invite by Philadelphia: 7:50pm On Mar 06, 2016
jamanuka:
If it is true they have changed from PST to SHL for Nigerian graduates, then I have some reservations

What reservations?
Re: Mckinsey 2016 (march) PST Invite by Darlx(m): 8:17pm On Mar 06, 2016
I have reasons to doubt that they've switched from PST to SHL for Nigerian graduates. I think the test type you are scheduled for is more dependent on the job/role you applied for than anything else.

African Delivery Hub guys = SHL

Business Analysts = PST

Associates = PST

PS: I (A Graduate of UNIBEN) applied for the BA position and has been scheduled to take the mighty PST on the 23rd of this month. Never prepared for any exam like this in my life before! Nothing would make me happier than landing this job. Wish me luck smiley

Re: Mckinsey 2016 (march) PST Invite by jamanuka: 9:49pm On Mar 06, 2016
Darlx:
I have reasons to doubt that they've switched from PST to SHL for Nigerian graduates. I think the test type you are scheduled for is more dependent on the job/role you applied for than anything else.

African Delivery Hub guys = SHL

Business Analysts = PST

Associates = PST

PS: I (A Graduate of UNIBEN) applied for the BA position and has been scheduled to take the mighty PST on the 23rd of this month. Never prepared for any exam like this in my life before! Nothing would make me happier than landing this job. Wish me luck smiley

Wishing you the best of luck bro..

Glad to know the PST is still in effect
Re: Mckinsey 2016 (march) PST Invite by jamanuka: 9:51pm On Mar 06, 2016
Philadelphia:

What reservations?

To me it looks like an Insult, that Nigerian graduates can't crack such a test so they decided to water down things for us.
Re: Mckinsey 2016 (march) PST Invite by Philadelphia: 10:36pm On Mar 06, 2016
Is the African Delivery Hub for full time or contract?
Also, what's the pay and allowance like?
Re: Mckinsey 2016 (march) PST Invite by Rizmo(m): 12:02am On Mar 07, 2016
Pls what role can a graduate of Engineering apply for at McKinsey?
Re: Mckinsey 2016 (march) PST Invite by OkunrinMeta: 12:10am On Mar 07, 2016
Is there still room to apply. And how? Please quick answers , would appreciate it
Re: Mckinsey 2016 (march) PST Invite by livgenius: 7:00am On Mar 07, 2016
OkunrinMeta:
Is there still room to apply. And how? Please quick answers , would appreciate it

Go to the website and submit your application

They dont advertise jobs. U hv to drop an unsolicited application
Re: Mckinsey 2016 (march) PST Invite by Darlx(m): 11:20am On Mar 07, 2016
Rizmo:
Pls what role can a graduate of Engineering apply for at McKinsey?

You can apply for a BA or African Delivery Hub

Youwin Connect 2017 Tutorial video Download Links and assessment answers / The Five Most Common Interview Questions / LUTH Calls For Resident Doctors