Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:18 AM

Did Russia Just Threaten Turkey With Nuclear Weapons? - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Did Russia Just Threaten Turkey With Nuclear Weapons? (6431 Views)

World War 3 : North Korea Nuclear Weapons In Final Stages (pics) / Russia Just Killed ISIS Leader Abu Bakr Al-baghdadi … For At Least The 4th Time. / The Turkish Coup: For Russia From Turkey With Enough Love To Last Until The... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Russia Just Threaten Turkey With Nuclear Weapons? by MosquitoLaps(m): 1:54pm On Feb 25, 2016
scully95:

honestly argueing with a complete deef and dumb super brain dead neurons that has lost all sense of reasoning not by mistake but as a profession that is paid by the anglozionist falling empire to continue distaughting public opinion....

I have explained everything in details for you and your likes.. Nigeria is also hit by your anglozionist controlled or manipulated fall in oil price by the same wahhabism of saudi arabia killing the oil price.

Now let me add this last one.. 50-60% of oil is traded in U.S.. When oil reduced to 30 usd.. Now there will be less demand for Dollars cos of reduce in price of oil. If the economies affected by the controlled or manipulation find alternative, it will be double wahhala for dead body dollar..

Like i said, the dollar is on the time bomb.. More economies will continue to dedolarize..
Time for Nigeria to do the same thing..

By the way, the anglozionist empire is everywhere even on Nairaland... Nigeria will eventually purge out these miscreants..

Missy89 you are too low life to be dealing with highly advance ppl. You should get a great job that pays instead of recruiting boko haramites.

China is Russia's good ally and im even happy Russia and china will continue to be allies even though washington has tried to make these two be enemies..
China coming first makes super sense..Either its currency is added or not has nothing to do with bRICS..briCS run as a parrelel development bank.

BRICS has come to stay.. AIIB is China's world bank.. It's has also come to stay..
i will share an article bellow.. for Nigerians not u oh.. To read..

Guy, I've been following this argument since its inception.
I've noticed that you can hardly counter her points without calling her names, or insulting her at worst.
What's up, man? is that how you debate?
Most times when I see your replies, I just shake my head and wonder who the "zombie" or "dead super brain" is.

You're a worthy opponent, a formidable and intelligent one. Stop resorting to insults when you reply opposing arguments from Missy89 and ObaGhadaffi et al.

Truth be told, if I were her, I'd have refrained from replying you further.
Be civil, please.

Let the arguments continue. Carry on, Nairaminted and Missy89.
I'm enjoying this.
Re: Did Russia Just Threaten Turkey With Nuclear Weapons? by scully95: 6:13am On Feb 26, 2016
lol
Debate with a toilet paid troll ? A sub-human ??

You are funny. If u don't know, im an expert in spotting a real toilet paid troll.
Sorry the truth hurts plus i debate with normal human beings..

MosquitoLaps:

I've noticed that you can hardly counter her points without calling her names, or insulting her at worst.
What's up, man? is that how you debate?
Most times when I see your replies, I just shake my head and wonder who the "zombie" or "dead super brain" is.

You're a worthy opponent, a formidable and intelligent one. Stop resorting to insults when you reply opposing arguments from Missy89 and ObaGhadaffi et al.

Truth be told, if I were her, I'd have refrained from replying you further.
Be civil, please.

I'm enjoying this.
Re: Did Russia Just Threaten Turkey With Nuclear Weapons? by scully95: 6:51am On Feb 26, 2016
Missy89:

Google " Russia fires artillery into ukraine"

Are you sure you are not the zombie here

Lol..google is actually the father of propaganda and this is one of the main reason google is being sanctioned or blocked in the maindland in China and some other areas too. Well, for your information, i get my info not from google or western media but dirrect source. Those closser to the front wars. I got all the info that went on in donestk, Lugansk and Crimean penisular from dirrect source via a telephone call. By the way my 5th language is Russian so i can speak to these people.

Russia never fired atelery shells into Ukraine. The only time I think this could have happened was when the Tochka U balistic missile was shut down. I could not confirm who shut it down.. The Novorossians or a s-300 from Russia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8j4Ijs7_FQ

And i could also confirm another Tochka U being fired into donestk/Luganks by the Puppet regime in kiev. it was the second one that was intercepted or shut down.
Can anyone in this 21st century imagine how sub-human these NATO/WEST and its puppets are ? How could you fire a ballistic missile to a densely popupated area ? Ballistic missile oh..

Second pt.
Shooting down of the Airline.

Before the Airline was diverted to that area. The Ukraine and the west hide the realities there from their viewers. Information war. 13 ukrianian jets were shut down before the plane MH17 was diverted to E.Ukraine a war zone.

My main question here is, is it normal human being or sub-human puppet goverment will allow an international airline be diverted to the area where 13 fighter jets was shut down ?

Are these people really human beings ?

3 Likes

Re: Did Russia Just Threaten Turkey With Nuclear Weapons? by MosquitoLaps(m): 6:55am On Feb 26, 2016
scully95:
lol
Debate with a toilet paid troll ? A sub-human ??

You are funny. If u don't know, im an expert in spotting a real toilet paid troll.
Sorry the truth hurts plus i debate with normal human beings..

Last time I checked, she was human.
Re: Did Russia Just Threaten Turkey With Nuclear Weapons? by Missy89(f): 7:02am On Feb 26, 2016
scully95:

Lol..google is actually the father of propaganda and this is one of the main reason google is being sanctioned or blocked in the maindland in China and some other areas too. Well, for your information, i get my info not from google or western media but dirrect source. Those closser to the front wars. I got all the info that went on in donestk, Lugansk and Crimean penisular from dirrect source via a telephone call. By the way my 5th language is Russian

And i could also confirm another Tochka U being fired into donestk/Luganks landed there by the Puppet regime in kiev. it was the second one that was intercepted or shut down.
Can anyone in this 21st century imagine how sub-mans these NATO/WEST and its puppets are ? How could you fire a ballistic missile to densely popupated area ? ballistic missile oh..

Did your Russian speaking sources remember to tell you that Russia used a ballistic missile ( more than one) in Grozny ? Maybe NATO did it so they can blame Russia.

Please ask your Russian sources for me "via a telephone call"

Lolz

1 Like

Re: Did Russia Just Threaten Turkey With Nuclear Weapons? by scully95: 7:24am On Feb 26, 2016
Missy89:

Did your Russian speaking sources remember to tell you that Russia used a ballistic missile ( more than one) in Grozny ? Maybe NATO did it so they can blame Russia.

Please ask your Russian sources for me "via a telephone call"

Lolz

Either Russia did or not. I did not follow the Grozny war because I was still watching CNN,Fox,CNBC, (Son of Propaganda), BBC(Father of Propaganda) and western media lies for 5 good years until i got out of the system to see myself that I have been scammed all the while. SO i cannot really confirm anything that happened in the Chechnia war but facts on ground is Chechinia is still one of Russia's republic even after turkey, saudi arabia backed by the Anglozionist empire tried to destroy the region.

Why not reason with the recent realities, instead of jumping from one thing to another.. Again if i call you a Paid troll, someone will attack me.. Now this is a typical example of how paid trolls work. When u counter them with facts on ground, they tend to look for other means to justify their point, thereby going off topic in other to try to be on the good side of history.

No, you are on the wrong side of history. #Fact

2 Likes

Re: Did Russia Just Threaten Turkey With Nuclear Weapons? by Missy89(f): 7:32am On Feb 26, 2016
scully95:

Either Russia did or not. I did not follow the Grozny war because I was still watching CNN,Fox,CNBC, (Son of Propaganda), BBC(Father of Propaganda) and western media lies for 5 good years until i got out of the system to see myself that I have been scammed all the while. SO i cannot really confirm anything that happened in the Chechnia war but facts on ground is Chechinia is still one of Russia's republic even after turkey, saudi arabia backed by the Anglozionist empire tried to destroy the region.

Why not reason with the recent realities, instead of jumping from one thing to another.. Again if i call you a Paid troll, someone will attack me.. Now this is a typical example of how paid trolls work. When u counter them with facts on ground, they tend to look for other means to justify their point, thereby going off topic in other to try to be on the good side of history.

No, you are on the wrong side of history. #Fact

Call your russia sources to confirm nah? Did you loose your phone or ran out of credit?

There is nothing off topic about facts. You are arguing that Russia is on d right side of history but the atrocities and crimes you blame on d west seems to be fair game if Russia is on the other side of the table. Yet u think you know what u are saying.

1 Like

Re: Did Russia Just Threaten Turkey With Nuclear Weapons? by scully95: 8:06am On Feb 26, 2016
Missy89:

Call your russia sources to confirm nah? Did you loose your phone or ran out of credit?

There is nothing off topic about facts. You are arguing that Russia is on d right side of history but the atrocities and crimes you blame on d west seems to be fair game if Russia is on the other side of the table. Yet u think you know what u are saying.

lol.

Well, who no go no know... by this phrase alone ok, i can tell you the table has turned around. The truth today is, the anglozionist empire is now a typical example of what happened in the soviet days.. The anglozionist empire is even worse.

Common sense will tell you who is on the right side of history and who is wrong.
The simple truth is the Anglozionist empire is making the same big mistake the soviet made and that lead to the break down of the empire. Now the table has turned arround and time for Anglozionist to go. That's the recent realities.

Well, for how long will you continue to back a falling empire.

What Russia says 4/5 years ago is still saying the same thing today, sometimes i even get tired of listening to the same thing because I already know what's up.
The west has changed like weather(Again another form of weakness).

And for your information.
Let me go deep ok.

Boris Yelstin gave everything to the west but was not enough, he was stabbed when the decision was made to destroy Russia and creat 50 state or republics. WHo made this decision ?

Boris Yelsin was the only Angloxionist "puppet" installed in Russia that tried "liberal" but see what he got in the end, massive corruption at all levels of goverment and state. As if that was not enough, they even decided to break the country into pieces. Boris had no option except to put the country in order again.

Now check that line and compare it to the state of Nigeria ever since Nigeria got independence from the Brits ? Has there been any major changes ? Since then, it has always been the same vicious circle.. terrorism, corruption, under-development and so on... The only time in russia's history that happened was during Boris Yelsin's era.

(If not Biafra it will be Boko haram, or Naija delta, if not that one it will be kidnapping, corruption. Since 1960 Nigeria has been under attack from the same forces)

Putin was part of those that took the war to the wahhabi/takfri terrorist insitution back in the day. The little info On my dairy..

Now who is on the wrong side of history ? Is it Washington that even said/admited it was sponsoring opposition forces when a top official was wire tapped dealing with the Wahabist takifiri terrorist insition during the chechinian war? Or Russia that purged the proxies out ?

Now who started this ? The Russians or the Anglozionist empire ? Answer this particular question oh.

And for your information, the Saudi arabia terrorist institution backed by the west, the anglozionist empire were the same people that invaded Russian region that are terrorising the middle east and North Africa today. WHat the western media has helped in doing the most is branding the different names or affiliates of this wahhabis terrorist insitutituiion..

This is not even new thing. It's an old ideology that worked but sorry, we are in the 21st century and re-using old ideologies in the 21st century is just pure sign of weakness.

2 Likes

Re: Did Russia Just Threaten Turkey With Nuclear Weapons? by scully95: 8:11am On Feb 26, 2016
Even during shagari era there was one terrorist group disturbing the country that killed many people before Buhari staged a coup and obliterated the malicious group back then..

And some people on here telling me the west is on the right side ? A unipolar world is on the right side of history ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did Russia Just Threaten Turkey With Nuclear Weapons? by NairaMinted: 8:58pm On Feb 26, 2016
MosquitoLaps:

I'm enjoying this.

What arguments biko? Someone that is being schooled?

Missy89 once exposed for her role as an emissary of the Empire's lies and propaganda, resorts to the following tactics:

1. Digression of the topic being discussed and derailing of the thread with the intent to draw her co-debater(s) into a debate on an entirely different matter wherein she believes her strength lies. In some cases, rather than digress, she outrightly refuses to answer simple, straight forward questions directed at her.

2. Clever twisting of the facts and attempting to equate an event that sheds the Empire in bad light with another event that "allegedly" sheds the Empire's adversaries/competitors in bad light. E.g. she "argues" that Turkey is protecting its Turkmen interest in Syria just as Russia is protecting ethnic Russians in Ukraine with the hope that the reader isn't informed or intelligent enough to recognize the stark disparity in this two crises. However anyone with a working brain can easily tell in summary that the Syrian crisis is a foreign backed sedition of a legitimate, stable government using proxy armies while Ukraine in a brief summary as well, is a foreign backed putsch regime that seeks to expand the Empire right to Russia's doorstep and is killing the Russia leaning people of eastern Ukraine as it does so.

3. Using insults and disparaging her co-debater(s) when tactic 1. and 2. fail. This tactic could include outright use of slur or abusive words or attempting to expose her co-debater(s) as a mentally challenged individual incapable of analytical thinking or logical reasoning. She will reference sites such as Sputnik, RT, Infowars as sources of information (propaganda) shared by her co-debater(s) as evidence that he or she doesn't know any better and is basically a "Putin bot", "Kremlin troll", "Putin progagandist" swallowing any piece of propaganda that the Kremlin spews. Of course other Western news media that are brave to speak the truth and which are cited by her co-debater(s) are conveniently disregarded.

That's Missy89 in a nutshell.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did Russia Just Threaten Turkey With Nuclear Weapons? by Missy89(f): 9:43pm On Feb 26, 2016
NairaMinted:

What arguments biko? Someone that is being schooled?

Missy89 once exposed for her role as an emissary of the Empire's lies and propaganda, resorts to the following tactics:

1. Digression of the topic being discussed and derailing of the thread with the intent to draw her co-debater(s) into a debate on an entirely different matter wherein she believes her strength lies. In some cases, rather than digress, she outrightly refuses to answer simple, straight forward questions directed at her.

2. Clever twisting of the facts and attempting to equate an event that sheds the Empire in bad light with another event that "allegedly" sheds the Empire's adversaries/competitors in bad light. E.g. she "argues" that Turkey is protecting its Turkmen interest in Syria just as Russia is protecting ethnic Russians in Ukraine with the hope that the reader isn't informed or intelligent enough to recognize the stark disparity in this two crises. However anyone with a working brain can easily tell in summary that the Syrian crisis is a foreign backed sedition of a legitimate, stable government using proxy armies while Ukraine in a brief summary as well, is a foreign backed putsch regime that seeks to expand the Empire right to Russia's doorstep and is killing the Russia leaning people of eastern Ukraine as it does so.

Lol.

You are actually schooling yourself. Sometimes one has to wonder how apologist cant see the crap they write

Now look at what you said

You claim The Syrian crisis is a foreign back sedition of a legitimate government. How is this different from Ukraine where another foreign government ( Russia) is backing the sedition of a legitimate government there? You claim Ukraine's government is illegitimate but Russia is signing deals and agreements with the same "illegitimate government". Putin was asked point blank in St petersburg if he will accept a new government after Yanukovich fell, He said yes. Why is he meeting Poroshenko in Minsk if he thinks he is not legitimate?.

according to your apologist logic. Russia is allowed to set up shop at the backyard of Turkey in Syria and Armenia no other countries are allowed to do the same .Russia is allowed to use ethnic Russians in East Ukraine as a 5th column but Turkey is not allowed to do the same with the Turks in Syria

Turkey is not allowed to intervene in Syria Since it is seeking regime change but Russia can destabilize Ukraine since the current president is not Pro Russia. ( Russian tactic in Ukraine since independence. They even tried to kill a candidate once)

You claimed the rebels in Syria are head chopping (agreed) I posted evidence that the ones in the Donbass are head chopping as well. The next thing you did is shift goal post and stupidly cited an example of a US solider (comparing a regular army to an irregular one) who by the way is in jail.

Keep schooling yourself. Lolz

One must be really uninformed to take someone like you seriously.

1 Like

Re: Did Russia Just Threaten Turkey With Nuclear Weapons? by NairaMinted: 9:52pm On Feb 26, 2016
Missy89:

Lol.

Keep schooling yourself. Lolz

One must be really uninformed to take someone like you seriously.

Lol! Then don't reply me, quote me, mention me, challenge, refute me, etc again cos should u do, what does it mean Missy89?

.........That you are uninformed. Lol
Re: Did Russia Just Threaten Turkey With Nuclear Weapons? by Missy89(f): 10:04pm On Feb 26, 2016
NairaMinted:

Lol! Then don't reply me, quote me, mention me, challenge, refute me, etc again cos should u do, what does it mean Missy89?

.........That you are uninformed. Lol

When I quote u and do not agree with u, how does that make me uninformed? You really need to work on your logic.

Like I told u before. One of my missions on NL is to keep plugging holes in your propaganda. After all, that is what the "cia" is paying me to do

Now if u will excuse me I need to go cash my paycheck

1 Like

Re: Did Russia Just Threaten Turkey With Nuclear Weapons? by NairaMinted: 11:44pm On Feb 26, 2016
Slowly and surely, the forces behind the sedition of the Syria Arab Republic are all being revealed. They can't hide or pretend forever. Their propaganda too is failing.

Appleyard, Scully95, Fineguy11, Zoharariel, Cyprus000

[size=18pt]Is There A Crack in the Dam Holding Back the Truth on Syria?[/size]

by JiminNH

One cannot help but noticing two rather interesting articles published in mainstream media that just may indicate that the dam holding back the truth about the western-backed invasion of Syria by head-chopping, organ eating, sex slave trading jihadi “rebels” has sprung a few major leaks.

STEVEN KINZER in the BOSTON GLOBE

First came the article by Steven Kinzer, a longtime journalist with the New York Times and now a Professor and Senior Fellow at the Watson Institute, who published a piece in the eminently mainstream Boston Globe entitled “The Media Are Misleading the Public on Syria”. Mr. Kinzer was rather direct, pulling no punches from his very first sentence were he declared: “Coverage of the Syrian war will be remembered as one of the most shameful episodes in the history of the American press.”

https://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/2016/02/18/the-media-are-misleading-public-syria/8YB75otYirPzUCnlwaVtcK/story.html

Prof. Kinzer initially focused on the situation in Aleppo, scene of most recent fighting but also a stronghold of al Nusra and its allies for over 3 years. He recapped how upon seizing the city the jihadi’s “rule began with a wave of repression. They posted notices warning residents: “Don’t send your children to school. If you do, we will get the backpack and you will get the coffin.”

He touched upon the destruction of industry in Aleppo, Syria’s second major city and formerly its industrial heartland, briefly mentioning how the rebels “destroyed factories, hoping that unemployed workers would have no recourse other than to become fighters. They trucked looted machinery to Turkey and sold it.

A brief internet search finds few western media ever touching upon this “liberation” of Syrian’s industrial capital and it finding “refuge” in the waiting arms of Turkey’s business sector, reminiscent of how the western press for over 18 months failed to even inquire into ISIS’ illicit oil trade with Turkey. While an article in the UK’s Guardian in 2013 touched upon the industrial looting, albeit in an article that seemingly lamented how the looting of assets degraded the progress against the Syrian army, no American press has written about this unseemly fact that demonstrates how the Turkish sponsors of the mythical “moderate Syrian rebels” profit from their destruction of a once vibrant industrial neighbor.

Mr. Kinzer briefly pulled back the veil of the western media’s recent pattern of intentionally conflating the multiplicity of jihadi militias that range from al Qaeda affiliate al Nusra Front to Salafist Ahrar al Sham to the now virtually non-exist FSA as generic “rebels” For example he writes “Washington-based reporters tell us that one potent force in Syria, al-Nusra, is made up of “rebels” or “moderates,” not that it is the local al-Qaeda franchise. Saudi Arabia is portrayed as aiding freedom fighters when in fact it is a prime sponsor of ISIS.”

While it is not every day that you read in a respected American newspaper like the Boston Globe that Saudi Arabia is the prime sponsor of ISIS, it is unfortunate that Mr. Kinzer did not refer to the August 2012 Defense Intelligence Agency Memo, declassified thanks to a FOIA suit by the so-called “conservative think tank” Judicial Watch, that reveals exactly that, and more.

http://www.judicialwatch.org/document-archive/pgs-287-293-291-jw-v-dod-and-state-14-812-2/

Had he done so, he could have supported his opinion with factual references to the contents of the Memo which show that not only do the Saudi’s back ISIS, but the US does as well, when it is listed as one of the “Supporting Powers” to the insurgents, and that there was a possibility of “establishing a Salafist Principality in eastern Syria, and this is exactly what the Supporting Powers want….”

Of course, that “Salafist Principality” is the Islamic State Caliphate.

Another unfortunate omission is that while applauding unnamed “Astonishingly brave correspondents in the war zone, including Americans” and recognizing that they report “at great risk to their own safety,” Mr. Kinzer failed to put a name to the face of that intrepid group, such as the late American-Iranian journalist Serena Shim who died in suspicious circumstances in Turkey after her reporting revealed that Turkey’s National Intelligence Agency (called “MIT”) shipped arms and ammo to the rebels in humanitarian cargo trucks.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2799924/mystery-american-journalist-killed-car-crash-turkey-just-days-claimed-intelligence-services-threatened-coverage-siege-kobane.html

While such information as provided in Mr. Kinzer’s article is likely well known to readers of this blog, it would be nothing short of mind-boggling to the average American or westerner who, thanks to the media manipulation Mr. Kinzer so rightly criticizes, is oblivious to the realities of the “moderate Syrian rebels”, most of whom are not from Syria, and even ISIS itself being nothing but a western backed proxy army engaged in yet another illegal regime change operation.

ROBERT F. KENNEDY, Jr. in POLITICO.COM

The next major article, actually a tour de force, was written by Robert F. Kennedy, Jr., and posted on the online magazine Politico.com. Considering his past history of being able to publish in major print media, perhaps it says something that this incredible article is only posted on an on-line news source.

Kennedy discussed at great length the history of nefarious conduct by the US CIA and allies in a number of coups in the Middle East, including Syria, Iraq and Iran, going back to the immediate post WW2 western intervention in Syria. He gave a solid run-down of CIA coup activity, and those who ran them, such as the notorious Allen Dulles and his expert regime changers Kermit Roosevelt and Rocky Stone.

He provided a bit of information from the “Bruce-Lovett Report” that showed how, unknown to most Americans but well known “on the Arab street,” the CIA was involved in coup plots in 5 Arab states, including Syria, between WW2 and its 1957 publication. Unfortunately, he did not provide a link to that report, and a search of the internet does not produce a copy of what must be interesting reading to those wishing to prevent history being repeated.

Mr. Kennedy focused extensively on the history of US, and allied (UK and French), coup activity in Syria. He mentioned how the post-WW2 patriots of Syria expelled the Nazi-allied Vichy French and declared their independence, but were immediately set upon by the CIA which orchestrated a coup after the democratically elected Pres. Shukri-al-Quwatli hesitated to approve a US backed “Trans Arabian Pipeline” to pump crude oil from Saudi Arabia to Lebanon. That coup set in motion a period of instability and several coups before another election saw Mr. Quawatli re-elected.

Not surprisingly, that re-election trigged yet another coup. This time, however, the US worked with the Muslim Brotherhood, invoking for the first time the use of what we would know refer to a Islamic jihadi terrorists, in their coup efforts that included the assassination of key military and intelligence figures. The plotters planned to use “false flag” events as a pretext to get US allies Iraq, then ruled by a UK-allied King, and Jordan to invade Syria. When the coup was discovered, the Syrians seized the US embassy and coerced a confession from CIA agent Stone, promptly denied by the Eisenhower administration. In response the US geared up for war, and attempted to get Turkey to invade, a plan squelched only by the lack of support among the then-independent Arab League. His article then outlines the reverberations of the CIA’s conduct, culminating in a number of revolutions in the Arab world, and their turn toward the embrace of the Soviet Union.

The article discussed US involvement in Iraq, to include aid the CIA provided to Saddam Hussein in his rise to power through his invasion of Iran at our direction. Interestingly, some familiar names popped up even then; the diabolical Donald Rumsfeld delivered both golden cowboy spurs and a list of chemical weapons to Hussein for use in the Iran-Iraq war.

Kennedy spent considerable time writing about the present Syrian conflict, and eloquently outlined the role of the proposed Qatar-Syria-Turkey pipeline, refused by Syrian Pres. Assad in favor of the Iran-Iraq-Syria “Friendship Pipeline”, in the fomenting of the war. He wrote:

“Secret cables and reports by the U.S., Saudi and Israeli intelligence agencies indicate that the moment Assad rejected the Qatari pipeline, military and intelligence planners quickly arrived at the consensus that fomenting a Sunni uprising in Syria to overthrow the uncooperative Bashar Assad was a feasible path to achieving the shared objective of completing the Qatar/Turkey gas link.”

His review of events includes the involvement of Turkey, which would have greatly profited from the proposed Qatari pipeline in transit fees, in fomenting and fueling the conflict that has now cost an estimated 400,000+ people their lives, and of course Saudi Arabia, both for economic reasons and in pursuit of its war against Iran and the “Shiite Crescent.”

He touched upon the US’s funding of what are now known as the typical “color revolution” processes of funding opposition media and political groups, linking to this 2011 WaPo article on the subject:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/us-secretly-backed-syrian-opposition-groups-cables-released-by-wikileaks-show/2011/04/14/AF1p9hwD_story.html

He also delved into the US’ conscious decision, once again, to rely upon the fundamentalist Sunni jihadi warriors in their effort to topple Assad. He linked to a 2008 Rand report on the “Long War” to demonstrate the extent to which the US was ready to help foment and fan the flames of the “Shia-Sunni conflict” in order to attain geopolitical goals. The link is here:

http://www.rand.org/content/dam/rand/pubs/monographs/2008/RAND_MG738.pdf

Perhaps most significantly, his is one of the few mainstream western media articles that touches in detail upon the above mentioned declassified 2012 DIA memo on the creation of the “Salafist Principality.” Kennedy did a good job of recapping the substance of that Memo, the release of which should have been explosive if our “free press” was not quite so controlled.

Kennedy “toed the party” line in some regards in his article, such as his discussion of Russian involvement in the pipeline matters, referring to the EU support for the Qatari pipeline “which would have given its members cheap energy and relief from Vladimir Putin’s stifling economic and political leverage” and war effort, and further suggesting that we remain involved in the mid-east partly for “guaranteeing the security of Israel’s borders” from the chaos in the region that the readers of this blog may well find to be instigated on behalf of that country. Despite any such minor blemishes, the tenor and substance if the piece is rarely seen in western media.

SUMMATION:

One cannot recommend more strongly the reading of these articles, and the citation of it when communicating the information therein whenever and wherever possible as we all contribute to challenging the false western narrative in the mainstream media. Hopefully these cracks in the dam holding back the truth on Syria will help open the floodgates of knowledge regarding the US and allied proxy war against Syria that is, as Kinzer wrote, one of the most shameful episodes in modern American history.

Only through the active spreading of heterodox voices like these will Kennedy’s concluding remarks have a chance of coming true:

“America’s founding fathers warned Americans against standing armies, foreign entanglements and, in John Quincy Adams’ words, “going abroad in search of monsters to destroy.” Those wise men understood that imperialism abroad is incompatible with democracy and civil rights at home…. Over the past seven decades, the Dulles brothers, the Cheney gang, the neocons and their ilk have hijacked that fundamental principle of American idealism and deployed our military and intelligence apparatus to serve the mercantile interests of large corporations and particularly, the petroleum companies and military contractors that have literally made a killing from these conflicts.

It is time for Americans to turn America away from this new imperialism and back to the path of idealism and democracy. We should let the Arabs govern Arabia and turn our energies to the great endeavor of nation building at home. We need to begin this process, not by invading Syria, but by ending the ruinous addiction to oil that has warped U.S. foreign policy for half a century.”

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did Russia Just Threaten Turkey With Nuclear Weapons? by NairaMinted: 12:43am On Feb 27, 2016
http://thesaker.is/week-twenty-of-the-russian-military-intervention-in-syria-a-ceasefire-and-yet-another-huge-victory-for-russia/

Week twenty of the Russian military intervention in Syria: a ceasefire and yet another huge victory for Russia
Re: Did Russia Just Threaten Turkey With Nuclear Weapons? by fineguy11(m): 1:16pm On Feb 27, 2016
kobonaire:
Mad props to @Missy89 .…. IMHO, one of the sharpest minds on NL. The fact is some folks here may not like to read some of your arguments simply because they cannot internally deal with a quality differing opinion coming from a different gender to theirs grin
and what quality of info can come from a TRANSGENDER and a FACT DISTORTER?

1 Like

Re: Did Russia Just Threaten Turkey With Nuclear Weapons? by scully95: 9:36pm On Feb 27, 2016
NairaMinted:
\It is time for Americans to turn America away from this new imperialism and back to the path of idealism and democracy. We should let the Arabs govern Arabia and turn our energies to the great endeavor of nation building at home. We need to begin this process, not by invading Syria, but by ending the ruinous addiction to oil that has warped U.S. foreign policy for half a century.”

i really don't like to read about middle east alone and neglect the same carbo copy in the african continent.if you have been following the empire of lies, you will see the same carbon copy of saudi arabia sponsored terrorists as franchise mostly in north africa and central..

Now this saudi arabia see itself as a mini empire that spread its ideology all over the sunnis world in which Nigeria is not an exception to this type of re-used ideogies.Now it has re-developed a wahhabi idealogy as its carbon copy but this time denying any allegance to the wahhabism terrorist organization.

What vexes me the most is the media coverage in Nigeria that uses this for political gains. Last time GEJ was romancing the same people that are sponsoring these terroris. GEJ really need to be jailed for this.. over 15k Nigerian lives gone and he was busy romancing the U.S..

It was during the die minute he did what he ought to have been doing since the begining and we saw how he oblitrated the wahhabis Saudi Arabia western backed terrorist franchise boko haram..

I think it's time for the state of Saudi arabia and turkey to take the back seat and if the empire dares to back them, they should face the final defeating stage.
Re: Did Russia Just Threaten Turkey With Nuclear Weapons? by scully95: 10:25pm On Feb 27, 2016
Missy89:

You claim The Syrian crisis is a foreign back sedition of a legitimate government. How is this different from Ukraine where another foreign government ( Russia) is backing the sedition of a legitimate government there? You claim Ukraine's government is illegitimate but Russia is signing deals and agreements with the same "illegitimate government". Putin was asked point blank in St petersburg if he will accept a new government after Yanukovich fell, He said yes. Why is he meeting Poroshenko in Minsk if he thinks he is not legitimate?.

Very quick answer to this twisting of the realitie... Russia did not start the maidan "revolution" in Ukraine and also Russia did not start the "Arab Spring".. The reality is this is an old ideology used in the past that is being re-used in other words Russia managed to give a very good answer to western "Fck the EU" revolutions.

Missy89:

according to your apologist logic. Russia is allowed to set up shop at the backyard of Turkey in Syria and Armenia no other countries are allowed to do the same .Russia is allowed to use ethnic Russians in East Ukraine as a 5th column but Turkey is not allowed to do the same with the Turks in Syria.

In physics (I still rememer OKK) its says action and reaction is equal and opposite. If there was no regime change in Kiev, Ukraine will still be intact 100%... Russia never pushed for regime change in kiev.. Turkey is pushing for regime change in Syria.... Can you use your normal senses here ?

Missy89:

Turkey is not allowed to intervene in Syria Since it is seeking regime change but Russia can destabilize Ukraine since the current president is not Pro Russia. [s]( Russian tactic in Ukraine since independence. They even tried to kill a candidate once)[/s]
You see how you twist everything thereby misleading and distracting the public view.. Camparing Turkey to Russia.. You should use the same phrase.. "Turkey is not allowed to intervene in Syria Since it is seeking regime change but Russia is not allowed in Ukraine because it's seeking regime change as well.. [s]destabilize Ukraine since the current president is not Pro Russia. [/s]

You see how you twist everything ? This proves what NairaMinted: said about you which is 100% correct. Russia never started a regime change in Ukraine so why should you compare it. You don;t know the natural implications of a failed Regime change ? it leads to just one thing.. Breakaway zones..

You can as well say that there won't be regime change in Syria and Syria will remain the same as a whole. There is a regime change in Ukraine and Ukraine may not remain the same again..

Can you reverse what happened see if it's not equal and opposite ? Use normal sense, you dont even need propaganda media to tell you crap. Except you are paid to do this and yes you are paid.

Plus the issue of Crimean penisular has been on the table since the begining of time. When the president of crimean was giving persona non grata and deported to Russia after a coup was staged during the president of Kurshma/Yushchenko's , they did not consult budapest memorandum that time. That naturally killed budapest momorandum which was not ratified in the first place.. WHat did moscow do after that coup ? Moscow wrote Kiev like normal human being to let Crimean penisular undergo a refferandum..

What did kiev do ? Kiev Ignored the realities over there.. So Kiev just allowed itself to be shut in the leg by stagging another western backed coup..

Now this is history 101 and lesson for everyone but not for you cos you are a troll...

How market today by the way ? How many boko haramites have you recruited today ?..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Has China Built A Ghost Town In Africa? China Is Taking Over Africa...!!!? / South Africans Vow To Sack Christ Embassy / Picture Of 88 Year Old Paul Biya Of Cameroun Being Led To Podium For Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.