Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,353 members, 7,800,703 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:31 AM

Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks (49128 Views)

Benin Residents Keep Vigil In Banks To Use Atms / Deposits In Banks Shrink By N1.03tn / Trade Deficit: More Job Loss Likely In Banks (Fall Out Of Nda's Vandalism) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by shameseun: 1:02pm On Feb 20, 2016
All those shallow minded students in the diaspora that never let us hear word with CHANGE all over social media should do w h a t? D e a l with the change they voted for.

1 Like

Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by shininglights: 1:05pm On Feb 20, 2016
Hi dear. God loves you, He's willing to accept you. Make a wise decision.. Run To Jesus!. God bless the eyes that reads this.
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by mosh2035(m): 1:08pm On Feb 20, 2016
In view of the free fall of the Naira and strict foreign exchange policy by the central bank of Nigeria (i.e international withdrawal limit of $500 monthly, international transfer ban to individual account and et al). Parents now find it very difficult to transfer upkeep (money) to their ward and pay tuition fee. The Naira has crashed to about N350 to a Dollar and N425 to a Pound at the parallel market and has caused major financial burden to parents.
We at Navesta MKP Limited ask Why you have decided to place yourself and wards under "financial stress and uncertainty".
We are pleased to enlighten the general public about our new book "A Collection of Reputable Tuition-free Universities and Colleges in Europe: International Students Guide".
The book highlights the list of tuition-free universities, admission process, document authentication guide, previous study recognition, student visa/ residence permit application, part-time jobs, health insurance and other information.

The benefits of studying at Tuition-free universities and colleges are;
1- Home and International students do not pay school fees.
2- Studying at Bachelors, Master's and PhD level are entirely free.
3- Students are allowed to work part-time while studying to enable them raise upkeep money (feeding and housing). This also reduces financial burden on parents and eliminates worry about foreign exchange.
4- Graduation certificates are recognized globally and match does issued in other European tuition paying universities and colleges.
5- Employment opportunities after graduation.
6- With your student identity card, you get access to subsidized transport, cinema, health care, grocery and et al.

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world" Nelson Mandela.

Our E-book is available for N1,000 to be delivered in 24Hours directly to your email and the Hard copy is N1,500 only. Grab yours now!!!!!!!!!

Please Contact Us
Tel: 07015775202, 08063084103, 08051484978.

Email: navestamkp@hotmail.com
Blog: www.popoolascholar.
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by playtheblues(f): 1:15pm On Feb 20, 2016
Suffering and smiling is a very terrible disease.

blackpanda:

What has this got to do with forex scarcity

Even during jonathan's time the dollar had already started falling over 200.
Its not about change or continuity, its about falling oil prices and our mono-economy. If u want to build forex then we need to start exporting rather than importing!
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by careersap: 1:19pm On Feb 20, 2016
NIGERIA HAS MADE HER GREATEST MISTAKE-CHANGE!

2 Likes

Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by Nobody: 1:19pm On Feb 20, 2016
Mrtesso:

The highlighted is one of the definitions of luxury. So whether one resides in opulence or not, certain things characterize luxury, and in my humble opinion, sending a kid abroad for studies is valuable, perhaps helpful, giving the decadence in our education sector; but ultimately, its luxury!

Has it ever crossed your mind that what you consider as the barest basic may be a luxury to some people. What then do you say about that.

That you don't have kids overseas either means you don't have any kids yet or you cant afford to send them in which case its a luxury for you because it not available for you.

But these other guys can afford it and can pay for it. Its not a luxury to them. They consider it basic to be able to send welfare to their wards.

A set of people cannot afford to educate their wards even in Nigeria. Education is a luxury to them. Whereas for you it is probably one of the basic basics.

That certain things don't concern your world does not mean you should be indifferent or cynical about the plight of those who are affected. You could be the one in their shoes.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by swagifted(m): 1:21pm On Feb 20, 2016
modath:

High chief of neverlandd, what are you producing? If you have, exporting it won't be a problem, People who are into cashew export are making a killing right now so don't peddle falsehood, the problem is that most people became over reliant on cheap oil proceeds & didn't look for alternatives before now..

Why did you also sidestep your earlier assertion? Ba sincerity of purpose ko?

Mr wailer up there, schooling abroad is a luxury!! that your country's educational standard is falling & you choose to seek alternative (great decision) is cool, but it doesn't make it less of a luxury!!!!

Some things are just common sense & logic, wailing, nit picking & bitching about everything isn't opposition...

only the flight ticket can pay for tuition for four years for some people in nigeria, schooling abroad have always being luxury.

1 Like

Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by JayJustus(m): 1:27pm On Feb 20, 2016
buy bitcoins ehhh!!! look for exchangers...many people send money back home...you both make a deal and that's it...thank God i'm in my final semester...all fees paid with moneygram...lol...but buy bitcoins it is faster also

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by Anglovel: 1:27pm On Feb 20, 2016
Firefire:

How to do expect any Nigerian to export anything in this hardship and economic conditions ? How do you compete favorably in the international market ?

As much as I sympertize with this administration, I will surely not shy away from my strong opposition stand, we warned Nigerians not to return back to Egypt & slavery, they refused to listen. See the nemesis now.

CBN no longer independence to marshal its best policy, but rather take orders from the dullard.

Let d children remain there if possible marry citizens there n ork a gd living there.There is nothing here to come back to pls!am looking at 10-20yrs time. D Prophet has spoken

3 Likes

Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by chubhiee: 1:33pm On Feb 20, 2016
JayJustus:
buy bitcoins ehhh!!! look for exchangers...many people send money back home...you both make a deal and that's it...thank God i'm in my final semester...all fees paid with moneygram...lol...but buy bitcoins it is faster also
Your head dey there! The only thing is to get creative and beat Buhari acrobatism before he sends man pikin go village.

I think Nigerians deserve Buhari. They would never learn.

2 Likes

Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by HartIse(m): 1:34pm On Feb 20, 2016
Thank you sir! Some people here act like they comment based on jealousy and spite, They feel like "yeah... Let the rich, spoiled kids abroad suffer". But forget that some people work hard here and save money to further their postgraduate abroad. To criticize is easy but to criticize when you are in the same shoe is the challenge.
Ganoderma:

Has it ever crossed your mind that what you consider as the barest basic may be a luxury to some people. What then do you say about that.

That you don't have kids overseas either means you don't have any kids yet or you cant afford to send them in which case its a luxury for you because it not available for you.

But these other guys can afford it and can pay for it. Its not a luxury to them. They consider it basic to be able to send welfare to their wards.

A set of people cannot afford to educate their wards even in Nigeria. Education is a luxury to them. Whereas for you it is probably one of the basic basics.

That certain things don't concern your world does not mean you should be indifferent or cynical about the plight of those who are affected. You could be the one in their shoes.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by Anglovel: 1:34pm On Feb 20, 2016
Let d children remain there if possible marry citizens there n irk a gd living there.There is nothing here to come back to pls!am looking at 10-20yrs time. D Prophet has spoken[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by somegirl1: 1:35pm On Feb 20, 2016
Kelvin3028:
My broda is nt schooling abroad, he works btw Nigeria and US... Bt he is mostly there.

That's not my point.
If you think these students should up and abandon their education abroad to start all over in Nigeria, then even people who work abroad should be able to abandon their means on livelihood and return to Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by piagetskinner(m): 1:43pm On Feb 20, 2016
assana:
Dey shld send der kids back to 9ja sch,d ones in 9ja sch neva die finish,dey are all doing well#feeling lyk wanna go to abroad study# undecidedDey shld send der kids back to 9ja sch,d ones in 9ja sch neva die finish,dey are all doing well#feeling lyk wanna go to abroad 2study#
So if u had opportunity to study abroad u wouldn't go abi.... Abeg make we hear word

1 Like

Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by Next2Bezee(m): 1:43pm On Feb 20, 2016
Achuwa1:
Weep no more parents,coz there are lots of universities,polytechnics & college of education here in Nigeria..
They should all withdraw there lads from all those oversea schools coz they are using those kids studies oversea to delapiidate the little foreign reserve we have tht would have being used @ forex for importation of important goods into the country,,,
only students going to study professional courses & those going for research with guarantee tht they will return to practise should only be given preference...
why should a student be going abroad to study political sc.,sociology,etc with our foreign reserve s going down the drain.,,abeg let them withdraw all of them & send to schools in Nigeria,,afterall,there are still gud private universities here if u feel u dont like govt. Owned schools..

Whose responsibility is it to regulate the foreign reserve? Is it not the government?? How come the foreign reserves were still gradually depleting even during the oil boom, can u answer that? Are you going to blame the parents that sent their kids abroad for that?

Some people work really hard to send their kids to school abroad and is no reason for you to be jealous and not wish them well. Let me ask you, what has your government contributed to the educational sector? Even the most appraised universities in Nigeria are ill equipped with basic living amenities, lacks proper accommodation and still teach overly outdated syllabus.

Seems like its because you didn't get the chance to enjoy it that's why you celebrate the sorrow of those that do. undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by Nobody: 1:44pm On Feb 20, 2016
If we paid more attention to the schools that gave us the education to be able to afford to send our kids abroad we won't need to send them abroad.
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by piagetskinner(m): 1:52pm On Feb 20, 2016
Some people are just unnecessarily jealous.... Because u don't have the means or opportunity of going abroad, u shouldn't hate on those that can. Some of the parents of these kids struggle to get them educational standard that is at par with world standard... I hope something will be done soon, to alleviate the stress off these parents shoulders

6 Likes

Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by Nobody: 1:59pm On Feb 20, 2016
AZeD1:

Her Father is President and an ex head of the state. The constitution grants her several privileges based on the status of her Father, If you don't like it, you should have complained when your "best President" was in power, he might have listened to you.

As for the parents complaining, this is nothing to wail about. Lots of Nigerians in the US send money home monthly, tell your kids to find one or several of them, agree on an exchange rate and pay the naira equivalent into the account here in Nigeria.

Its that simple.
all animals are equal but some are more equal than others.

1 Like

Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by Bestbeelieve: 2:01pm On Feb 20, 2016
Achuwa1:
Weep no more parents,coz there are lots of universities,polytechnics & college of education here in Nigeria..
They should all withdraw there lads from all those oversea schools coz they are using those kids studies oversea to delapiidate the little foreign reserve we have tht would have being used @ forex for importation of important goods into the country,,,
only students going to study professional courses & those going for research with guarantee tht they will return to practise should only be given preference...
why should a student be going abroad to study political sc.,sociology,etc with our foreign reserve s going down the drain.,,abeg let them withdraw all of them & send to schools in Nigeria,,afterall,there are still gud private universities here if u feel u dont like govt. Owned schools..
well some people have a choice for what they want for their children and plan ahead for it as well.so if you have a dumb govt formulate policies without involving stakeholders then its bound to create friction.who says there isn't more corruption now than ever before.

1 Like

Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by Mrtesso: 2:06pm On Feb 20, 2016
Ganoderma:

That's like modifying what I stated, only from an extreme perspective. Get it right - that something is termed luxury doesn't in anyway make it unattainable and/or unaffordable. So education abroad can be affordable, yet seen as luxury because quality education is still fairly available here in Nigeria. So those who chose to send wards abroad whether they have the means all gotten or not, are engaging in a luxurious enterprise.

However, education isnt the only sector affected by the FX unavailability. Other sectors are affected, and im concerned in someway. However, if footing the bills of ones ward abroad isnt luxury, then by all means the lamenting is unwarranted. And as u know, FX is available in black markets. It's only more expensive. But its available anyway. If banks don't sell, we all know where its sold. I mean, its basic to them, right?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by PastorOla1: 2:25pm On Feb 20, 2016
BRING THEM BACK TO NIGERIAN UNIVERSITY.
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by Mctimothylota(m): 2:25pm On Feb 20, 2016
As in eeh, dem no 1 person go skul again

1 Like

Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by HAH: 2:40pm On Feb 20, 2016
Lito18:
which private university? The place you bought your result?

You product of a leaked condom, do you think anyone is like you, mumu
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by ocelot2006(m): 2:40pm On Feb 20, 2016
achodave:
If the government wants to stop Nigerian students from going abroad to study,they should scrap JAMB and create better admission opportunities and processes here,why cause JAMB is more of a business than an admission body,if they want the ones overseas to come back and school here in Nigeria,then they should order Universities to startup functional transfer programs so the ones overseas can easily continue from whatever level they stopped over there.

Saying they should stop wasting there time crying and come back to Nigeria just like that is not fair,especially to the average families who are doing there best to train there ward abroad so he or she studies the discipline he wants probably because here in Nigeria they either deny your admission or change your course.So let's be open minded before we start abusing them.

JAMB is not the problem. Educational standard is.
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by afroxyz: 2:41pm On Feb 20, 2016
Lito18:
Dey for Nigeria roast. Jobless human being

E dey pain you? Learn to hustle. I paid my fees while I was an undergraduate from the part time job I had. I now own two business. Mummy's boy
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by ocelot2006(m): 2:47pm On Feb 20, 2016
playtheblues:
So if you had the opportunity to attend Universities abroad you would have declined the offer?

Remind me of Zhara Buhari's school please.

University of Surrey, United Kingdom

1 Like

Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by tonquendo4u(m): 3:05pm On Feb 20, 2016
Bring them back to naija make Dem com kush up shoot war small.Make Dem fit appreciate wetin we de c for naija tertiary institutions
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by tonte(m): 3:14pm On Feb 20, 2016
Overseas...and why you asking?

Mrtesso:

Be calm bro...U mind me asking where u had ur tertiary education? No need for specifics, just where; here or overseas?
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by Meritocracy: 3:22pm On Feb 20, 2016
Firefire:
The promised change is a scams, all can see now. embarassed

This administration low economic skill as evidence is her many policy somersault shows APC is 'suegbe-pako'

Do you think PDP would be able to manage this nation with the current oil price and its looting records ? ? ? Think
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by Firefire(m): 3:32pm On Feb 20, 2016
Meritocracy:
Do you think PDP would be able to manage this nation with the current oil price and its looting records ? ? ? Think

Do you think anyone can still loot in this present condition (Oil price dwindling) if PDP still hold on to power ? Not minding APC craftiness of planned looting in her budget ?? Think deeply.

1 Like

Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by suyamasta(m): 3:34pm On Feb 20, 2016
Deepfreezer:
I didn't say the are criminals, by shipping, I meant Nigerian parents spend billions annually for studies abroad. if they spend all that money here collectively we shall grow our economy and improve our Education standard.
ok
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by Nobody: 4:09pm On Feb 20, 2016
Mrtesso:

That's like modifying what I stated, only from an extreme perspective. Get it right - that something is termed luxury doesn't in anyway make it unattainable and/or unaffordable. So education abroad can be affordable, yet seen as luxury because quality education is still fairly available here in Nigeria. So those who chose to send wards abroad whether they have the means all gotten or not, are engaging in a luxurious enterprise.

However, education isnt the only sector affected by the FX unavailability. Other sectors are affected, and im concerned in someway. However, if footing the bills of ones ward abroad isnt luxury, then by all means the lamenting is unwarranted. And as u know, FX is available in black markets. It's only more expensive. But its available anyway. If banks don't sell, we all know where its sold. I mean, its basic to them, right?

Whatever rocks your boat

There's no point arguing with you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Allarounda1: Dangote Sued Me For Declining His Silence Money – Alleged Ex-lover / Obinna Ukwuani Appointed Chief Digital Officer Of Bank Of Kigali / We Did Not Authorise Commercial Banks To Collect Old ₦500, ₦1000 Notes - CBN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.