Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,296 members, 7,780,699 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:53 PM

Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks (49019 Views)

Benin Residents Keep Vigil In Banks To Use Atms / Deposits In Banks Shrink By N1.03tn / Trade Deficit: More Job Loss Likely In Banks (Fall Out Of Nda's Vandalism) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by 9jatatafo(m): 4:23pm On Feb 20, 2016
tensazangetsu:

Western union has been cancelled.

This is suffering but in a way it is a measure to stop Nigerians from sending their kids abroad studying
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by Chimdiebere(m): 4:52pm On Feb 20, 2016
If I may ask, how many times have you ever seen Foreign students from the Americas, Europe, Asia And the Middle east come to Nigeria to study?? how many times?? You think they don't know how Kpfucked up Nigeria is?? or you think that they don't have any knowledge of how Nigeria looks like huh? if possible, tell me any foreigner you know that schools in your public or private university and I'll know that you're just lying! even if you manage to see them, they won't be staying long as you think. but yet, tell me the number of doctors that have emigrated from our country and the bright brains from Nigeria that live abroad and you'll see that this unfriendly land is a limitation indeed! Naija used to be one of the best places in the world during the '60's but now it has almost become a $#!T hole ! can you imagine? Anyways, I want to emigrate to! Naija isn't helping me to actualize my dreams and passion here! ( Gehen Deutscheland!)
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by ifyan(m): 4:54pm On Feb 20, 2016
Welcome to change we all clamour for.
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by temitimx19(m): 5:05pm On Feb 20, 2016
Nigerians are really funny. When we have one of the cheapest tuition fees in the world, people are busy killing themselves just to go aboard. My question is all those that have gone aboard how did they affect our economy in anyway?? Why spend so much money, and come back to look for jobs in Nigeria. No wonder Nigerians have bad reputation aboard, when we are never satisfied with what we have back home. Why don't we as a people develop what we have in Nigeria..

2 Likes

Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by vivaciousvivi(f): 5:08pm On Feb 20, 2016
[quote author=Qualer post=43085646][/quote]

100% bullsh.it!
You could tell that blueto just sat down and forced the grammar out hoping it would make him look smarter. Ended up looking absolutely ridiculous tongue
Some people and their "notice me by force " personalities undecided
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by temitimx19(m): 5:10pm On Feb 20, 2016
Saying they should stop wasting there time crying and come back to Nigeria just like that is not fair,especially to the average families who are doing there best to train there ward abroad so he or she studies the discipline he wants probably because here in Nigeria they either deny your admission or change your course.So let's be open minded before we start abusing them.[/quote]
There's no average family in Nigeria that can send their wards aboard. Do u know how much is their tuition fees, if u did it would amaze you

1 Like

Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by Nobody: 5:24pm On Feb 20, 2016
dunkem21:
They are weeping .. They will soon be termed *Wailers* ..

I thought they were shouting change in diaspora grin

Somebody said that schooling abroad is a 'Luxury' but will defend Zahra's father as being prudent who will never involve himself in luxuries ..

..Zombies eh tongue
Well said! But in a time of great economic quagmire like this one. Zahara's father really has no choice than to make painfull choices.
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by Qualer: 6:10pm On Feb 20, 2016
Nicur:
HAHAHHAHAHAHA when Una dey make noise about change, Una no ask whether na positive or negative change!! I have a friend here in USA who dey make noise abt change and is be pro Buhari before election now no money to pay school fees hahahaha he is now begging me for loan! guess what I won't give him!! he needs to learn his lesson, next time he will ask what type of change!!! now anything about Buhari dey vex am well well hahahahahaha he is now anti-buhari!! grin

mercy for am now.... give am small 'change'!!! grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by Qualer: 6:13pm On Feb 20, 2016
vivaciousvivi:

100% bullsh.it!
You could tell that blueto just sat down and forced the grammar out hoping it would make him look smarter. Ended up looking absolutely ridiculous tongue
Some people and their "notice me by force " personalities undecided

abi! grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by Qualer: 6:16pm On Feb 20, 2016
ifyalways:
Awwwww.

Sorry dears. Change is here.

Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by iamtheconjee(m): 6:28pm On Feb 20, 2016
Do you know that Kfc imports their chips. No dollar wahala now no chips. Imagine!
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by Qualer: 6:30pm On Feb 20, 2016
repogirl:
It's getting real, isn't it?

My advice is.....

Enjoy una change! grin

grin grin grin grin grin

meanwhile... far from the maddening crowd

you have a nice smile! wink

1 Like

Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by repogirl(f): 7:00pm On Feb 20, 2016
Qualer:

grin grin grin grin grin

meanwhile... far from the maddening crowd

you have a nice smile! wink
thanks. grin
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by nikz(f): 7:06pm On Feb 20, 2016
sotall:
This is CHANGE
Yeah they wanted CHANGE and here it is so they should deal with IT and stop wailing.
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by billyG(m): 7:09pm On Feb 20, 2016
blueto:

http://www.punchng.com/dollar-scarcity-parents-of-overseas-students-weep-in-banks/
They shld go & buy $ frm whereever.dnt we hav univeristies in naija. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by billyG(m): 7:13pm On Feb 20, 2016
they shld blame Jona & his gang 4 looting d CBN reserve.tell there kids 2 bring enuff dollars to naija.
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by Qualer: 7:26pm On Feb 20, 2016
orish:
WO! They have not seen anything yet. They better send their children back to naija to study because nobody can save them from this forex scarcity. These same children would study abroad and come back to Nigeria to intimidate the rest of us that studied here.
These parents contributed to the dropped in value of naira. They make money in naija and pump it abroad. Why dem no go suffer the fruit of their labour? This is a practical example of cause and effect tongue tongue tongue tongue grin

do not be part of the misinformed sheeple, you're too pretty for that!!
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by Qualer: 7:30pm On Feb 20, 2016
EnigmaticEnigma:

I'm guessing you were denied a Visa, am I right?

Dumb murrafvcker

So our bright kids in Harvard and Oxford should all be withdrawn to Uniben abi?

Is it only Americans that attend Harvard?

When people say majority of Nigerians are illiterate, I just have to agree. Just look at the evidence in the amount of likes this illiterate got from his fellow illiterates.

1 Like

Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by Nobody: 7:32pm On Feb 20, 2016
Nicur:
HAHAHHAHAHAHA when Una dey make noise about change, Una no ask whether na positive or negative change!! I have a friend here in USA who dey make noise abt change and is be pro Buhari before election now no money to pay school fees hahahaha he is now begging me for loan! guess what I won't give him!! he needs to learn his lesson, next time he will ask what type of change!!! now anything about Buhari dey vex am well well hahahahahaha he is now anti-buhari!! grin
please, biko, lend to him.

atleast, he has learnt from his mistakes.
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by Qualer: 7:37pm On Feb 20, 2016
bebe2:
Know ur way no be curse.

Contact me and I will give ur kids pounds or dollars
While u give naira.

we may have a biz in the offing, you game?
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by persius555(m): 7:37pm On Feb 20, 2016
The parents should go ahead and start cocoa, palm oil and rubber plants in their various villages. Forex generated from this can be used to fund their luxury education. No more petro-dollars, na agro-dollar sure pass now.

2 Likes

Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by Qualer: 7:40pm On Feb 20, 2016
repogirl:
thanks. grin

you're welcome babe!
what happened to you in the literature section?
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by playtheblues(f): 7:41pm On Feb 20, 2016
Hmnnn

ocelot2006:

University of Surrey, United Kingdom
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by repogirl(f): 8:01pm On Feb 20, 2016
Qualer:

you're welcome babe!
what happened to you in the literature section?
I'm still around, just on a break and pissing readers off,but they'll live...hopefully.
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by Arnoldo(m): 8:01pm On Feb 20, 2016
Achuwa1:
Weep no more parents,coz there are lots of universities,polytechnics & college of education here in Nigeria..
They should all withdraw there lads from all those oversea schools coz they are using those kids studies oversea to delapiidate the little foreign reserve we have tht would have being used @ forex for importation of important goods into the country,,,
only students going to study professional courses & those going for research with guarantee tht they will return to practise should only be given preference...
why should a student be going abroad to study political sc.,sociology,etc with our foreign reserve s going down the drain.,,abeg let them withdraw all of them & send to schools in Nigeria,,afterall,there are still gud private universities ..
Less than half of those that passed jamb get admitted..what makes u think we hav enough skulls 2 accomodate every aspirant..in unilorin only 13k of d over 30k dat passd utme nd post utme
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by Amhappy(f): 8:18pm On Feb 20, 2016
I don't know how to feel pity for any human who deprived another human being of 14months hard earned salary and made children of his staff to drop out of school in Naija just for his/her children to school abroad.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by hiccotfannie: 8:30pm On Feb 20, 2016
(Well! to my view,it's not forbidden to school outside country,life is about destiny)all i know was that there's solution for anyone needs to send money to his/her child nor children,you can contact me on(Gmail:hiccotkunmmy@gmail.com,twitter:@hiccot)or call me on 08183550177,i will proceed together with you(hurry up)i guarrante you pure dollar.
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by bebe2(f): 9:34pm On Feb 20, 2016
Qualer:

we may have a biz in the offing, you game?

The game is my business.

Contact me wen u ready.
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by Nobody: 10:05pm On Feb 20, 2016
Buhari u are a biiiig...............
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by dollarlander: 10:18pm On Feb 20, 2016
blueto:

http://www.punchng.com/dollar-scarcity-parents-of-overseas-students-weep-in-banks/

President Buhari till 2023. PYO till 2031. By then 1Naira will be £1.

Overseas students. What's wrong with our university and hpme made goods.

These are the parents spoiling our economy. They should go to jail.
Re: Dollar Scarcity: Parents Of Overseas Students Weep In Banks by dollarlander: 10:22pm On Feb 20, 2016
Arnoldo:
Less than half of those that passed jamb get admitted..what makes u think we hav enough skulls 2 accomodate every aspirant..in unilorin only 13k of d over 30k dat passd utme nd post utme

The no of schools in Nigeria now can take all that passed JAMB. Or u can go to poly or college. Stop making excuses that will make u jobless after graduation. We need to fix this economy in a hard way. Its a matter of time you will all immortalise Buhari.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu Commissions UBA Business Office At New Ultra-modern Afriland Towers / 10 African Countries With The Highest Debt To China / How Loan Company Scattered My Friend's Birthday Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.