Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:27 AM

Visual Tutorials For Nairaland Newbies - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Visual Tutorials For Nairaland Newbies (16961 Views)

Nominee For Nairaland AWARDS / Nairalanders That Seun Must Appreciate For Nairaland's Success / Suggestion For @nairaland Account On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Visual Tutorials For Nairaland Newbies by BSD: 3:47pm On Dec 04, 2009
How can I quote another post? I see that some people can, but I do not see a "quote" button anywhere.
Re: Visual Tutorials For Nairaland Newbies by adebayo201: 2:31am On Dec 05, 2009
very easy grin grin
BSD:

How can I quote another post? I see that some people can, but I do not see a "quote" button anywhere.
du u see it
Re: Visual Tutorials For Nairaland Newbies by BSD: 7:05pm On Dec 05, 2009
very easy   

Quote from: BSD on Yesterday at 03:47:36 PM

du u see it   

I guess you just cut and paste to quote.  Other message boards have quote buttons.
Re: Visual Tutorials For Nairaland Newbies by Pharoh: 2:15am On Dec 06, 2009
BSD:

I guess you just cut and paste to quote.  Other message boards have quote buttons.

check my reply to a quote in this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-294521.0.html
Re: Visual Tutorials For Nairaland Newbies by adebayo201: 3:45pm On Dec 07, 2009
:p :p :p
Re: Visual Tutorials For Nairaland Newbies by Pharoh: 11:03pm On Dec 26, 2009
HIDING YOUR LINKS BEHIND WORDS AND NUMBERS

Follow the instruction as seen from the picture and the word "here" can also be replaced with numbers. You can use as many links as you like withing articles or at the bottom of your article.

Source Here

P.S  Make sure you close it back without spaces like this below, i removed the opening bracket  before[b]  The first [b]url but in reality it is suppose to be  there.  Just to show you how it is when closed.

Source url=https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-294521.32.html]Here[/url]

1 Like

Re: Visual Tutorials For Nairaland Newbies by foye57(m): 8:23am On Jan 16, 2010
been tryn to add a poll, cant seem to find it where u suggested.has it been removed.i need help pls.tanks.
Re: Visual Tutorials For Nairaland Newbies by Pharoh: 8:07pm On Jan 16, 2010
foye57:

been tryn to add a poll, cant seem to find it where u suggested.has it been removed.i need help pls.tanks.

You can only create a poll for a thread you started yourself and not every thread but you can always ask the original poster to make a poll if it is not your thread.
Re: Visual Tutorials For Nairaland Newbies by dangerzone: 9:26pm On Feb 17, 2010
thanks
Re: Visual Tutorials For Nairaland Newbies by Teminio: 4:31pm On Mar 12, 2010
How can I quote a part of someone else' s post or break a post into parts for response?
Re: Visual Tutorials For Nairaland Newbies by dangerzone: 10:04pm On Mar 12, 2010
thanks
Re: Visual Tutorials For Nairaland Newbies by HFOG(f): 3:20pm On Jun 26, 2010
Nice one, thanks
Re: Visual Tutorials For Nairaland Newbies by IyaBasira: 7:06pm On Jul 14, 2010
Can someone help me with how to send a Personal Message?
Re: Visual Tutorials For Nairaland Newbies by Pharoh: 7:51pm On Jul 14, 2010
IyaBasira:

Can someone help me with how to send a Personal Message?

Personal message has been disabled on this forum and can only be sent by moderators to members and not the other way round as well. cool
Re: Visual Tutorials For Nairaland Newbies by gbengalex(m): 8:30pm On Jul 14, 2010
If you want to interact with private messages, go to www. ("na" "NAIJA"wink.
Re: Visual Tutorials For Nairaland Newbies by sahbunkyxy: 6:37pm On Jul 19, 2010
This too is helpful thanks to the entire contributors
Re: Visual Tutorials For Nairaland Newbies by sahbunkyxy: 6:42pm On Jul 19, 2010
Please can someone help me; how can i add colour to my posts.
Re: Visual Tutorials For Nairaland Newbies by sahbunkyxy: 6:56pm On Jul 19, 2010
sahbunkyxy:

Please can someone help me; how can i add colour to my posts.

I simply learn it myself by trying as follows:

1. highlight the word/s you want to change the colour
2. go to change colour and choose the colour you want for the font.
Re: Visual Tutorials For Nairaland Newbies by dominique(f): 8:39pm On Jul 19, 2010
clap for yourself cheesy tongue
Re: Visual Tutorials For Nairaland Newbies by Pharoh: 10:07pm On Jul 19, 2010
^^

Please oo its very late where i am, i don't want to laugh so loud lol. grin cheesy
Re: Visual Tutorials For Nairaland Newbies by sahbunkyxy: 7:08pm On Jul 20, 2010
I like being stylish and colourful, I hope[b] it is allowed [/b] [i][/i][/color]to use colous and different font styles even on the subject[color=#990000] as the rules do not forbid it?
Re: Visual Tutorials For Nairaland Newbies by dominique(f): 10:36pm On Jul 20, 2010
of course it's allowed. check this out. cool aint it? wink

DaJoneZ:

Ok my dad's friend recently had an acute Myocardial Infarction

and was told to rule out Palm oil from his diet. My dad's friend doesn't have a wife as she died some years back, so I cook for him as well as cooking for my family, he enjoys eating garri and soup alot, but is there a way to still cook soup without using palm oil?

I made vegetable soup using Olive oil the other day, and it didn't taste any different from the one I'd normally cooked with palm oil, but then what about other soups?, as palm oil has a distinctive taste to soups.

All suggestions are welcome! smiley
Re: Visual Tutorials For Nairaland Newbies by LagosBobo1(m): 3:05pm On Aug 26, 2010
;d ;d ;d
Re: Visual Tutorials For Nairaland Newbies by Dotman01(m): 1:01pm On Sep 12, 2010
[/color][color=#006600]
Teminio:

How can I quote a part of someone else' s post or break a post into parts for response?
Place the quote at back of the post in btw dem
Re: Visual Tutorials For Nairaland Newbies by johnie: 1:28pm On Oct 18, 2010
Good job.

Please include tutorial on embedding videos e.g. youtube videos.

Thanks!
Re: Visual Tutorials For Nairaland Newbies by Pharoh: 12:06am On Oct 19, 2010
^^

Follow the instruction below by copying the web address of the youtube video you want to insert.

Re: Visual Tutorials For Nairaland Newbies by Mobinga: 11:58pm On Oct 27, 2010
Bleep You All cool
grin grin

Re: Visual Tutorials For Nairaland Newbies by oweniwe(m): 10:19pm On Nov 17, 2010
Help o. I wan change my profile pix but i can't find any save/upload button to to upload d new pix. Can someone help me out? sad
Re: Visual Tutorials For Nairaland Newbies by Pharoh: 4:05am On Nov 18, 2010
oweniwe:

Help o. I wan change my profile pix but i can't find any save/upload button to to upload d new pix. Can someone help me out?  sad

Go to your profile and click on forum related information - - click on browse and upload your new pics.

Then scroll down to the very last bottom part of the page and when you get there scroll to the right and make sure you reach the end of it.

Then click on change profile which serves as the save button, you can also edit those info's in your profile as well with this method.

So many people have problem finding the change profile so just think of it as a square with four edges, the right bottom edge is where the change profile is located.
Re: Visual Tutorials For Nairaland Newbies by oweniwe(m): 9:10am On Nov 18, 2010
*Prostrate for him*

Thank you o baba cheesy
Re: Visual Tutorials For Nairaland Newbies by ogbongzky(m): 12:20am On Nov 26, 2010
Pharoh:

HIDING YOUR LINKS BEHIND WORDS AND NUMBERS

Follow the instruction as seen from the picture and the word "here" can also be replaced with numbers. You can use as many links as you like withing articles or at the bottom of your article.

Source Here

P.S  Make sure you close it back without spaces like this below, i removed the opening bracket  before[b]  The first [b]url but in reality it is suppose to be  there.  Just to show you how it is when closed.

Source url=https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-294521.32.html]Here[/url]

Nice one bro,  Wish you are here, would have love to buy you a drink, lol

Read OgbongeBlog for blogging tutorials, 3G internet/Blackberry tips

Re: Visual Tutorials For Nairaland Newbies by MOORCHMOORE(m): 12:57pm On Nov 26, 2010
How do I send a post or topic that will appear on home page apart from forum category

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FPSO Vessel Explodes At Escravos, Warri / XXXTENTACION – Tear Drop (his Last Song Befor He Pass Away) / Video: Real Story Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.