Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,472 members, 7,808,702 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:40 PM

'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo (60280 Views)

Buhari To Travel Tonight For Medical Followup. VP To Takeover / Obasanjo Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As Buhari's Running Mate, But He Refused - Bakare / Former Presidents, VP's To Get A Car From Buhari In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo by Sunnybobo3(m): 8:19am On Feb 20, 2016
Text from Obasanjo's book, "My Watch".

1 Like

Re: 'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo by missioner(m): 8:25am On Feb 20, 2016
It would have been worse.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo by ApcSucks: 8:28am On Feb 20, 2016
Wonderful NOI

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo by Brilliance9000: 8:33am On Feb 20, 2016
Ngozi is no fool...she knows whom to serve with. Obasanjo, Jonathan...yes. Buhari...No...he still a dictator, won't listen to advice!

312 Likes 16 Shares

Re: 'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo by nwaanambra1(m): 8:34am On Feb 20, 2016
av once thought about that and i concluded in all honesty that they would av made a perfect combo.

ngozi is brilliant but she needs a strong hand with an iron brush to make her brilliance shine. GEJ doesn't have it. he is too corrupt and he ended up bringing out the worst of her. undecided

110 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo by Gogetta(m): 8:34am On Feb 20, 2016
Kai, baba lie small oh. According to El-rufai's account of what transpired in his book, all was set for the alliance to take off when OBJ backed out at the last minute after GEJ reached out to him. GEJ then influenced a court order empowering OBJ's faction of the PDP in Ogun, and thereafter, OBJ told EL-rufai that they should manage GEJ for another four years. That's how the the deal fell apart. NOI would never have passed up an opportunity to be VP. This was in the run-up to the 2011 elections.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo by HiddenShadow: 8:35am On Feb 20, 2016
Have you guys observed that whenever the useless ethno religious bigots are in a financial mess, they turn to the most hated tribe( Igbo) for a solution out of the mess they created.

255 Likes 17 Shares

Re: 'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo by simplycarro: 8:37am On Feb 20, 2016
Gogetta:
Kai, baba lie small oh. According to El-rufai's account of what transpired in his book, all was set for the alliance to take off when OBJ backed out at the last minute after GEJ reached out to him. GEJ then influenced a court order empowering OBJ's faction of the PDP in Ogun, and thereafter, OBJ told EL-rufai that they should manage GEJ for another four years. That's how the the deal fell apart. NOI would never have passed up an opportunity to be VP. This was in the run-up to the 2011 elections.

Which election are you talking about and which election was baba talking about in the book?

8 Likes

Re: 'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo by ckmayoca: 8:41am On Feb 20, 2016
What the point working with someone who is stubborn?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo by MrKong: 8:42am On Feb 20, 2016
Sunnybobo3:
Lalasticlala, Mynd44, what do you guys think of this?
You just show a snap shot of a page with no page number or evidence that it's actually from the book...how's this going to help your front page bid?

6 Likes

Re: 'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo by drss(m): 8:43am On Feb 20, 2016
Sunnybobo3:
Text from Obasanjo's book, "My Watch".
abeg wetin him talk for him book d written too small i no fit read am.
Re: 'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo by tooman: 8:45am On Feb 20, 2016
Brilliance9000:
Ngozi is no fool...she knows whom to serve with. Obasanjo, Jonathan...yes. Buhari...No...he still a dictator, won't listen to advice!
big NO Bro. she knows better while Almighty knows best

3 Likes

Re: 'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo by plaetton: 8:46am On Feb 20, 2016
The same NOI that the western axis media has been trying soooo hard, day and night, to smear and vilify, in order to render her politically untouchable in the near future.

Insecurity and bad Belle ! undecided

Tufiakwa!

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo by drss(m): 8:46am On Feb 20, 2016
Brilliance9000:
buari no go gree make she bcom him vp sef. d guy too ancient. na almajiri style economy him understand, not modern day economics.

24 Likes

Re: 'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo by kaypound(m): 8:52am On Feb 20, 2016
I think the comb would have made a lot of sense...
Not like osinbajo comb too is bad...becuz I hope he would use his position to make the judiciary truly the common man's hope.
Gej's weakness brought out the worst in NOI

2 Likes

Re: 'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:57am On Feb 20, 2016
As Coordinating minister of the Economy under Jonathan, Iwaela was mthe defacto prime minister. Under her watch, the oil price was at all time high but nothin came out. Reserve was depleted, ECA was depleted(thanks to Govs), yet we had no infrastructure on ground to boost our economy. NOI kept rollin out figures and statistics that had no reflection in reality. I think she should be allowed to rest.

As for Adeosun, I think she isn't fit enough for the job of finance minister. Maybe she assume that her british tongue is enough to handle Nigeria economy.

I'll sugest that Buhari hire the former commissioner of finance that served under Tinubu or any home-grown professional.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo by lawydewy(m): 9:02am On Feb 20, 2016
ok
Re: 'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo by Nobody: 9:03am On Feb 20, 2016
nwaanambra1:
av once thought about that and i concluded in all honesty that they would av made a perfect combo.

ngozi is brilliant but she needs a strong hand with an iron brush to make her brilliance shine. GEJ doesn't have it. he is too corrupt and he ended up bringing out the worst of her. undecided
Fact

2 Likes

Re: 'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo by Sammyashol(m): 9:05am On Feb 20, 2016
They will never c it comin
Re: 'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo by Nobody: 9:31am On Feb 20, 2016
HiddenShadow:
Have you guys observed that whenever the useless ethno religious bigots are in a financial mess, they turn to the most hated tribe( Igbo) for a solution out of the mess they created.

Everyone know say Nah Igbo man go save this country..

Soludo, Buhari no gree give am Minister of Finance.

37 Likes

Re: 'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo by HiddenShadow: 9:39am On Feb 20, 2016
Naughtysite:

Everyone know say Nah Igbo man go save this country..

Soludo, Buhari no gree give am Minister of Finance.

Unfortunately the Yoruba woman brain don shut down on what to do.

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo by opey112(m): 9:41am On Feb 20, 2016
ckmayoca:
What the point working with someone who is stubborn?
You have to be sturborn to succeed in Nigerian in any where u are.

2 Likes

Re: 'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo by Nobody: 9:43am On Feb 20, 2016
HiddenShadow:

Unfortunately the Yoruba woman brain don shut down on what to do.

grin A man woman can't give what he does not have.

Mental capacity dey show HALF CURRENT.

14 Likes

Re: 'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo by HiddenShadow: 9:45am On Feb 20, 2016
Naughtysite:

grin A man woman can't give what he does not have.

Mental capacity dey show HALF CURRENT.

Half current too much. Na nearly to die current the brain dey display.

3 Likes

Re: 'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo by hucienda: 9:45am On Feb 20, 2016
wow... surprised.

Coming from OBJ that's sth. Shows though they might have their differences, respect is earned.

OBJ may have his flaws but really, he was one of the country's presidents with nationalistic outlook and appeal. Perhaps GEJ second.

Madame Iweala, #ChapeauBas.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo by seunmsg(m): 9:46am On Feb 20, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
As Coordinating minister of the Economy under Jonathan, Iwaela was mthe defacto prime minister. Under her watch, the oil price was at all time high but nothin came out. Reserve was depleted, ECA was depleted(thanks to Govs), yet we had no infrastructure on ground to boost our economy. NOI kept rollin out figures and statistics that had no reflection in reality. I think she should be allowed to rest.

As for Adeosun, I think she isn't fit enough for the job of finance minister. Maybe she assume that her british tongue is enough to handle Nigeria economy.

I'll sugest that Buhari hire the former commissioner of finance that served under Tinubu or any home-grown professional.

Why did you think Adeosun is not fit to be the finance minister? Did you come to this conclusion as a result of her performance so far in the last three months or you are going with the skewed and bigoted narratives of the wailers from south east who are desperately trying to bring her down due to the failures of NOI?

In terms of the core duties of a finance minister, can you mention one area where she has failed so far since her appointment?

Of all the ministers in the current cabinet, can you mention just one who has so far performed excellently well?

Seriously, I don't understand why some people have continued to repeat this narrative that Kemi is not doing well, she only came on board three months ago and the first budget that she will implement is still before the National assembly for consideration. Why all these unnecessary criticism?

36 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo by AyakaDunukofia: 9:47am On Feb 20, 2016
Igbo women; strong principle and high acumen. A trait identified by even white slave owners way back 400 years ago. Wow.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:09am On Feb 20, 2016
seunmsg:

Why did you think Adeosun is not fit to be the finance minister? Did you come to this conclusion as a result of her performance so far in the last three months or you are going with the skewed and bigoted narratives of the wailers from south east who are desperately trying to bring her down due to the failures of NOI?

In terms of the core duties of a finance minister, can you mention one area where she has failed so far since her appointment?

Of all the ministers in the current cabinet, can you mention just one who has so far performed excellently well?

Seriously, I don't understand why some people have continued to repeat this narrative that Kemi is not doing well, she only came on board three months ago and the first budget that she will implement is still before the National assembly for consideration. Why all these unnecessary criticism?
First of all, the supervision of Budget implementation that is vested on the Budget office has been moved to the National Planning Ministry/Commission by virtue of moving the budget office to the ministry from finance ministry.

Secondly, her job as finance minister is basically to come up with fiscal plan that will take Nigeria from her present comatose state. Unfortunately, we have neither seen any plan from her. I watched her budget defence and bros, it wasn't impressive I must confess.

Thirdly, I don't know why you brought in tribal narrative into this conversation because last time I check, Wale Edun, the finance commissioner that served Governor Bola Tinubu is a Yorubaman from Ogun state, and he did well.

39 Likes

Re: 'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo by ChappyChase: 10:14am On Feb 20, 2016
Brilliance9000:
Would she have performed credibly well, if given the chance? To me, I doubt that!

1 Like

Re: 'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo by orisa37: 10:17am On Feb 20, 2016
That's before we settled for PYO. Now. PYO is doing fine and Tinubu won't stop terrorizing the system, why not persuade PMB, PYO, NOI AND KEMI to agree to bring in NOI as Minister of Finance and allow KEMI become the CBN GOVERNOR. With Hilary in the U.S. blazing the lead, who knows what God might do in Nigeria come 2019.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo by Brilliance9000: 10:25am On Feb 20, 2016
ChappyChase:

Would she have performed credibly well, if given the chance? To me, I doubt that!

Why doubt? She did very well under Obasanjo. We can all agree things are worse off now than when she left. You may not know what she was doing while she and the economic team were there but as soon as she left...look at things today. 10x worse! Kemi Adeosun is confused!

27 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Stanley Lawson Purchased Le-Meridien Hotel In Port Harcourt For Diezani -SaharaR / List Of States Yet To Get Ministerial Nominees / Ben Murray-Bruce: If Those 3 Million Super Eagles Jerseys Were Made In Aba...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.