Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,808,000 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:10 AM

Church Choir? Today. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Church Choir? Today. (1405 Views)

Choir Master Relaxes With Busty Lady On A Beach In Akwa Ibom, See Reactions / Bishop Suspends Lady From Her Church Choir For Marrying A Muslim - Twitter User / Ten Characteristics Of A Church Choir (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Church Choir? Today. by Talius(m): 11:25am On Feb 20, 2016
I'd like to clearly state here that becoming a chorister is one of the best things that has happened in my life. Since the year 2012 that I joined, I have never for once had any regrets.

Are you in the choir? Anglican, catholic, or protestant? Share the experiences you've had since you joined the choir.

Are you going to sing today in church?

Do you love been a chorister? If not, What would you like to change.
Remember, we are to join the other raptured to sing to the glory of God, when we ascend to our father's throne of grace.

Cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44, Obynoscopy, OAM4J

Re: Church Choir? Today. by Nobody: 12:59pm On Feb 20, 2016
Talius:

Remember, we are the ones to sing to the glory of God, when we ascend to our father's throne of grace.

cheesy cheesy cheesy many are mad, few are roaming about.
Re: Church Choir? Today. by Nobody: 2:12pm On Feb 20, 2016
Talius:

Remember, we are the ones to sing to the glory of God, when we ascend to our father's throne of grace.
Hahaha hahaha...
Dis one wan join choir after death.. grin grin
Re: Church Choir? Today. by Janeyinspires(f): 5:25pm On Feb 20, 2016
Singing is one of my hobby and singing to this great God is just awesome.

Actually,being in a choir should be considered as serious business,because it's just the only way you can sing your all to God.This dayz,i've seen quite some folks in the choir treat choir as a casual thing:folks singing in the flesh,without connecting to the spirit.God is a spirit and people should come to Him in spirit and true!

Choristers or worship leaders should be extremely sensitive,because they are the ones leading the church to the throne room.If they church can't connect,wonder what they are doing in the name of singing.

2 Likes

Re: Church Choir? Today. by Janeyinspires(f): 5:29pm On Feb 20, 2016

Actually,being in a choir should be considered as serious business,because it's just the only way you can sing your all to God.This dayz,i've seen quite some folks in the choir treat choir as a casual thing:folks singing in the flesh,without connecting to the spirit.God is a spirit and people should come to Him in spirit and truth!

Choristers or worship leaders should be extremely sensitive,because they are the ones leading the church to the throne room.If they church can't connect,wonder what they are doing in the name of singing.
Re: Church Choir? Today. by Adedoks(m): 6:16pm On Feb 20, 2016
Janeyinspires:

Actually,being in a choir should be considered as serious business,because it's just the only way you can sing your all to God.This dayz,i've seen quite some folks in the choir treat choir as a casual thing:folks singing in the flesh,without connecting to the spirit.God is a spirit and people should come to Him in spirit and true!

always happy when I see Spirit filled christians on Narialand... Good points ma. Av never really been in Choir but I sing alot... My prayer life out of 100%, 90% is worship. I literally sing my prayers.. Grateful to God for the HolyGhost voice I have

1 Like

Re: Church Choir? Today. by Nobody: 6:35pm On Feb 20, 2016
I have been a chorister for numbers of years now. I can sing and compose gospel songs very well and I much love gospel songs, especially worship songs; BUT i have a weakness, the weakness is that i always fidget whenever i am being called upon to come and sing in Church. Because of this, they rarely give me opportunity to handle mic.

Everyday, i always feel sad about this cos i have a strong passion for gospel songs. I had thought within me may be i should change to smaller church where i might be given d opportunity to grow.

OP what do you think?
Re: Church Choir? Today. by Talius(m): 8:32pm On Feb 20, 2016
Janeyinspires:

Exactly what I've also observed, so many people in the choir, because of one selfish reason or the other, and not truly because they want to worship God. Most of such persons are quite obvious to the eye, and I believe it's the role of church leaders to carefully scrutinize anyone who declares his/her interest to join the choir, to minimize unserious fellows.
Thanks for sharing your experience, I appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Church Choir? Today. by Talius(m): 8:45pm On Feb 20, 2016
moffymichael:
I have been a chorister for numbers of years now. I can sing and compose gospel songs very well and I much love gospel songs, especially worship songs; BUT i have a weakness, the weakness is that i always fidget whenever i am being called upon to come and sing in Church. Because of this, they rarely give me opportunity to handle mic.

Everyday, i always feel sad about this cos i have a strong passion for gospel songs. I had thought within me may be i should change to smaller church where i might be given d opportunity to grow.

OP what do you think?
What you're lacking my brother, is self confidence. Here's my opinion: try discussing the issue, in a little bit more detail as you did here, with your choir leader. Since you're already talented in the act, he/she should probably start with giving you series of short solo verses in renditions of the choir, and with time, as the volume increases, I believe your confidence should also have received the revival it really needs. Good luck brother.
Re: Church Choir? Today. by Talius(m): 7:32am On Jul 03, 2016
Today's another Sunday, let us all try to sing to God's glory today (Choristers and non-choristers alike).

Happy Sunday.
Re: Church Choir? Today. by Nobody: 7:56am On Jul 03, 2016
Talius
Remember, we are the ones to sing to the glory of God, when we ascend to our father's throne of grace
I think Christians should stop this indoctrination, all the believers who are raptured would sing God's praise in Heaven, whether ur in the choir or not.
Re: Church Choir? Today. by Talius(m): 8:13am On Jul 03, 2016
frenchwine:

I think Christians should stop this indoctrination, all the believers who are ruptured would sing God's praise in Heaven, whether ur in the choir or not.

Yes you are right. Thank you for drawing my attention to that mainstreamed sentence.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Power To Move Forward - Pastor Abraham {mfm Youth Director} / I Need Good Worship Songs To Download / Why Do People Quit Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.