Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:56 AM

All P2p Users' Thread - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / All P2p Users' Thread (663 Views)

Required! Outdoor AP For Backhaul Link, (p2p) High Speed, 5GHZ / Dopc Offering Internet For Corporates In Lagos On P2p At Unbeatable Prices ! / Limewire Pro Best P2p On The Net (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

All P2p Users' Thread by Mafia4life(m): 9:47pm On Jul 09, 2009
Whats up guyz. We all know and agree that p2p software have helped us in many ways and also did bad things to us. But there are tons of good and bad p2p application. I have been a tipical user of these app. and i have my favourite software called ares and bearshare. What do you think of them? Which one is your favourite and do ur surfing slows down because of ur app network settings?
Ask question on problems you encounter wit your p2p software here.
Re: All P2p Users' Thread by aieromon(m): 3:12am On Jul 11, 2009
I'm stuck with ųtorrent.i use it to download music and applications.used to download videos with it until starcomms blocked my data card.i have no problem with slow network caused by the application
Re: All P2p Users' Thread by Mafia4life(m): 5:33am On Jul 11, 2009
@ aieromon
actually utorrent look so small and efficient. Did you try encrypting your transfer protocol? They say it makes it difficult for your ISP to know what you are transfering. What is your download speed? Have you heard of anonymous p2p?
Re: All P2p Users' Thread by Samunosuke(m): 6:11am On Jul 11, 2009
I've used p2p 4 a long time now, started out with kazaa(fasttrack network) and it was great as long as u knew how 2 search properly.Fastforward and kazaa is dead,so now i've got limewire,piolet,ares and utorrent(free download manager also gets torrents and imo is faster).While they slow the connection,i dont leave them on always especially limewire.On ubuntu, ive got transmission and frostwire.
Re: All P2p Users' Thread by lynxnoon(m): 11:51am On Jul 11, 2009
TRANSMISSION
@aireromon
hw u dey? log tym,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,so wat r u using now as starcomms blocked ur card?
Re: All P2p Users' Thread by Mafia4life(m): 3:43pm On Jul 11, 2009
@ samunosuke
i used limewire back in 2005. It slows connection and use lot of computer processor because of java runtime. Any time i try to search for rare files, i get junks wit name like 'buylegalmusic.Mp3' so i don't use it anymore. The top reason why these p2p app slow our connection is because of the default setting. The default setting is there to suit the programmer's type of connection. Naija ISP too dey low. Imagine americans download at 5000Kb/sec( ie download 20 tracks in less than 1 munite ).
Wat you have to do is to tweak your app to suit ur connection speed or queue and set it to 1 active download. Its better this way beside it makes the download speed fast. Giv it a try
Re: All P2p Users' Thread by aieromon(m): 8:44pm On Jul 11, 2009
@lynxnoon
Sorry for my ambigous comment.the card blocking thing happened way back in April '08.i went to their Bishop Kale office where i was told to desist from using p2p programs.
Abegi,i just went back home to see the download that had given me away and,lo and behold,it was South Park.i got reconnected eventually but i made up my mind not to go for video p2p downloads again.
@mafia
I really have no idea what you are talkin' about with regards to encryption.the speeds are amazing and whenever any new music album comes out,utorrent downloads it without stress.i got no love for rapidshare.
Re: All P2p Users' Thread by easycordz(m): 1:46pm On Jul 12, 2009
I had limewire and ares but they dont work anymore,i suspect my isp is behind this.Pls can anyone help me?
Re: All P2p Users' Thread by xxVictorxx(m): 6:43pm On Jul 12, 2009
@ Poster the Bear Share slow down system, and hang unessecary, I will recommend anyone to use Ares, it is the best wink wink
Re: All P2p Users' Thread by Mafia4life(m): 7:38pm On Jul 12, 2009
@ bestcordz
these p2p app have their special ports. Do you have a port scanner. Check if any port is open for use and set your app to use that port. I believe using proxy will help but i don't know how to set it up.
@ aieromon
In utorrent under preference connection, you will see protocol wit options like "allow, encrypt and forced." choose encrypt. It will be very difficult for ur ISP to know what you are trasfering. If i were you, i will choose ports higher than 75000 for utorrent. It is known by our ISP that ports between 6881 to 68880 is used by bittorrent. Why should starcomm block ur data card when you paid for it? Bittorrent is never illegal. It help reduce the ftp servers. Some site use it to distribute their products. F*CK starcomm!

(1) (Reply)

Sat Frequency / What Is The Cost Of Writting Sun Java Exams. / Is There Anything Like External Aircard Antenna And Booster Sale's Shop In Niger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.