Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,361 members, 7,808,260 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:28 AM

Never Let You Go - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Never Let You Go (1633 Views)

How To Take Action When Your Mind Won't Let You / 19 Chilling One Line Horror Stories That Wont Let You Sleep Tonight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Never Let You Go by PrettySpicey(f): 1:16pm On Feb 20, 2016
SYNOPSIS:

When Anwuli left the son they had made together to go after Tobi Kojo-Edwards, she thought finding him will provide her answers... if nothing else.

But from a hospital ward in Johannesburg to a hotel room in Lagos and even inside a mansion in the beautiful Island of Praia, Cape Verde, her problems multiplied as she found that the man she loved and who’d promised her forever wanted nothing more to do with her.

For Tobi Kojo-Edwards, he wasn’t allowing the woman who’d not only cruelly left him but had also left their infant son, back in his life.

GLIMPSE:

She was his first visitor the next day. Tobi wasn’t entirely pleased. He didn’t want to keep seeing her not until he was well enough and capable of dealing with the baby-paternity claim at least.

“You shouldn’t abandon your work just to keep checking up on me. I’m fine and Carl will be here soon, anyway.”

“I’m not on a job, so you don’t have to worry.” She gave him a sedate smile. “How are you this morning?”

Tobi sighed and tried to stuff his impatience. She had helped bring him back sooner to civilisation, he reminded himself. “Fine. Doing better. The doctor assured me this morning that I can be discharged in two days at most.”

Her smile became instantly enthusiastic. “That is great news. I am really happy to hear that, Tobi.” She came forward and lowered to the edge of the bed. “Life’s given us another chance, Tobi, and we ought not to misuse it.”

Tobi wasn’t sure if her closeness annoyed or unnerved him, he hated either feeling though. “Life’s given me another chance and I am not only grateful for it but will make sure I use it wisely.”

“I guess you’re still having difficulty remembering fully the love we once shared.” She said softly, her smile dimming a tad bit. “But I love you, Tobi, and for the sake of that love, I left my home and my family—left our son—to come and find you. And now that I’ve found you, I’m not giving up on you or on us.”

The determination in her voice puzzled and wearied Tobi. “Anwuli, what was is no more for me. I have gone past it. I don’t feel the same way anymore. I guess we felt too much, too quickly. We barely gave ourselves time to really know each other.”

“You told me that time is nothing when the heart already knows what it wants.”

The reminder was stated in a sad voice. Tobi shrugged. “I guess I was wrong. I’m sorry but I cannot help how I feel. This son you say is mine is the only thing left between us. I’d like to meet him and I hope you understand that I may request a DNA test.”

The quick gasp indicated her shock but the resolve in her eyes retained its intensity. “Our son is right now with my sister and your brother at your home in Cape Verde.”

“What?”

“Yes. Your brother came to Nigeria after you were reported dead and he saw one of my emails to you. He found my sister, Kaine, in our family home with Tobi and he threatened to take the baby away if she doesn’t marry him. So she married him and he took them both with him to Cape Verde.”

“You’re kidding me, right?”

“I wish I was, but I’m not. Your brother forced my sister to marry him and he took my son away.”

“My son?” Tobi arched his brows. “You sound like you cared for him. You abandoned him, remember? You left him for a vain pursuit.”

“I did not abandon him!” Anwuli sprang to her feet. “I left him with my sister and I only did so because I wanted to find you.”

“You are a mother! Your priority should have been your infant child!”

“Maybe. But I am also a woman and my heart is also a priority.”

Tobi turned away from her tear-filled eyes. He could never stand women crying and didn’t want himself capitulating because of her tears. “I can’t believe what you just told me. Yes, a Kojo-Edwards will never abandon his own, so I understand my brother coming to Nigeria to take… the baby. But to threaten an innocent young woman? He would never be capable of something that cruel.”

Yet somewhere in his mind the feeling tugged that Dominic could be ruthless if he felt his goal or his family was threatened. And he wouldn’t have tolerated any hindrance to his goal to take his son, Tobi, back home with him to Praia.

“So, the son he has is actually mine.” He mused aloud. At the quick puzzle that filtered across Anwuli’s face, he explained. “I was told my brother is now married to a Nigerian woman and that he has a son. I guess that son is actually mine.”

Anwuli inclined her head. “Yes, he is. Our son. And his wife, my little sister. But I want my son back, Tobi. Whether you think I abandoned him or not, he is still my son and I want him back with me.”

“Well, he’s now out of your reach due to your own misplaced priorities—talk about poetic justice.” His smirk didn’t linger though. “And just so you know, if he is indeed my son, then I’m not letting you keep him. Not when you’ve proven that you’re incapable of taking care of him.”

“It hurts me that you not only question my love for you and our son but also my integrity. When you see him, you will know that he’s your son, Tobi. But I can’t let you and your family keep him. If you want to keep him, you’ll have to keep me too.”

“What the heck are you talking about?”

Anwuli met his frowning stare with unflinching defiance. “It’s either, take us both—a package deal—or give me back my son.”

Tobi stared at her open-mouthed for the best part of thirty seconds. And then he threw back his head and roared with laughter.

Re: Never Let You Go by PrettySpicey(f): 1:22pm On Feb 20, 2016
READ PREQUEL:

kaine and Dominic's love story as a free-read on Life and Spices.com::: Read: THE MARRIAGE ULTIMATUM

**PURCHASE eBook NEVER LET YOU GO:: OKADABOOKS & LS EBOOKSTORE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Never Let You Go by JeffreyJamez(m): 3:14pm On Feb 20, 2016
This book is so on point!!..... very interesting!....bought it and read it twice!!!..... from the convos to the plot to the characters!!.... TM ti take over!!!... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Never Let You Go by tijehi(f): 2:48pm On Feb 21, 2016
Yes oh, TM is the writer to rolllllll with. The book was off the hook. So interesting.

TM, jojodia's opinion ( u get my drift).

write mooooorrrrrrrreeeee of romanceeeeeeee

1 Like

Re: Never Let You Go by PrettySpicey(f): 7:20pm On Feb 21, 2016
tijehi:
Yes oh, TM is the writer to rolllllll with. The book was off the hook. So interesting.

TM, jojodia's opinion ( u get my drift).

write mooooorrrrrrrreeeee of romanceeeeeeee

Looky who's here. Didn't know you strolled this Island, girl. My peeps always having my back... Love y'all loads

(1) (Reply)

The Social Evil Of Our Time / The Story Of My Life..true Life Story By (Holuwabusayo) A MUST READ FOR EVERYONE / Novel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.