Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:14 AM

ANNOYING: HP G62 Laptop Always Overheating And Turning Off. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / ANNOYING: HP G62 Laptop Always Overheating And Turning Off. (1774 Views)

Hp G62 Laptop 15.6" For Sale In Lagos. / We Love Taking Ideas And Turning Them Into Real Apps / Fairly And Neatly Used HP G62 Laptop With 6gig 500HDD Corei5 @ A Giveaway Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ANNOYING: HP G62 Laptop Always Overheating And Turning Off. by akagson: 4:21pm On Feb 20, 2016
And so this laptop is beginning to annoy me. I can not do anything reasonable again on the PC before it will "overheat" and then switch off.

It was kind of better before as it takes time before it would claim to overheat and then subsequently switch off. I'd have to wait for it to cool before I can switch on again, after which it would still "overheat" and off again in no time.

I can't explain what nonsense this is. What do I do to this laptop?
Re: ANNOYING: HP G62 Laptop Always Overheating And Turning Off. by horllamy(m): 4:30pm On Feb 20, 2016
akagson:
And so this laptop is beginning to annoy me. I can not do anything reasonable again on the PC before it will "overheat" and then switch off.

It was kind of better before as it takes time before it would claim to overheat and then subsequently switch off. I'd have to wait for it to cool before I can switch on again, after which it would still "overheat" and off again in no time.

I can't explain what nonsense this is. What do I do to this laptop?

Do you notice maybe the fan is working
Re: ANNOYING: HP G62 Laptop Always Overheating And Turning Off. by Kollyk11(m): 4:44pm On Feb 20, 2016
do u place it in a dirty environment or on the rug .either the heat zinc is bad or the fan is not working or blocked.
Re: ANNOYING: HP G62 Laptop Always Overheating And Turning Off. by Ravenna: 5:05pm On Feb 20, 2016
Replace the fan else the motherboard crash!
Re: ANNOYING: HP G62 Laptop Always Overheating And Turning Off. by akagson: 8:07pm On Feb 20, 2016
horllamy:

Kollyk11:
do u place it in a dirty environment or on the rug .either the heat zinc is bad or the fan is not working or blocked.
horllamy:

The fan is working because I can still hear the rotation sound . However, you raised a salient point about,"dirty environment" . I live in the North where there's too much dust. Could it be that the dust has kind of blocked the vents or something?
Re: ANNOYING: HP G62 Laptop Always Overheating And Turning Off. by akagson: 8:13pm On Feb 20, 2016
Ravenna:
Replace the fan else the motherboard crash!
Ah! Yesu!
Re: ANNOYING: HP G62 Laptop Always Overheating And Turning Off. by Kollyk11(m): 8:28pm On Feb 20, 2016
akagson:

The fan is working because I can still hear the rotation sound . However, you raised a salient point about,"dirty environment" . I live in the North where there's too much dust. Could it be that the dust has kind of blocked the vents or something?
yeah exactly my point.the vent maybe blocked.that is why it goes off.
Re: ANNOYING: HP G62 Laptop Always Overheating And Turning Off. by akagson: 9:03pm On Feb 20, 2016
Kollyk11:
yeah exactly my point.the vent maybe blocked.that is why it goes off.
So must it have to be that I change the fan. How about like cleaning and servicing the laptop — sort of. Any solution like that?
Re: ANNOYING: HP G62 Laptop Always Overheating And Turning Off. by Kollyk11(m): 10:19pm On Feb 20, 2016
akagson:

So must it have to be that I change the fan. How about like cleaning and servicing the laptop — sort of. Any solution like that?
clean first,if no changes then u can visit an engr.
Re: ANNOYING: HP G62 Laptop Always Overheating And Turning Off. by airsaylongcon: 12:11am On Feb 22, 2016
In addition to cleaning, try and get a technician to re-apply thermal compound between the heat sink and the processor. most technicians may not know what I talking of as "thermal compound" but it is a grey compound sold in syringes. Works wonders for cooling
Re: ANNOYING: HP G62 Laptop Always Overheating And Turning Off. by akagson: 10:50pm On Mar 05, 2016
airsaylongcon:
In addition to cleaning, try and get a technician to re-apply thermal compound between the heat sink and the processor. most technicians may not know what I talking of as "thermal compound" but it is a grey compound sold in syringes. Works wonders for cooling
Thanks for the info. But what is the local name they know it with? I mean, since its something that they sell, they must have a name for it. You have any idea what it's called locally?
Re: ANNOYING: HP G62 Laptop Always Overheating And Turning Off. by airsaylongcon: 11:00pm On Mar 05, 2016
akagson:

Thanks for the info. But what is the local name they know it with? I mean, since its something that they sell, they must have a name for it. You have any idea what it's called locally?

Absolutely no idea bruv! I find am tire the day I had to buy it. I was fortunate to meet an educated igbo trader that was abke to point me in the right direction. Unfortunately I didn't ask them what they call it
Re: ANNOYING: HP G62 Laptop Always Overheating And Turning Off. by akagson: 11:42pm On Mar 05, 2016
airsaylongcon:

Absolutely no idea bruv! I find am tire the day I had to buy it. I was fortunate to meet an educated igbo trader that was abke to point me in the right direction. Unfortunately I didn't ask them what they call it
In Patience Jonathan's voice: chai!
How I wish you bin snap am, you for just send the pic for me.
Re: ANNOYING: HP G62 Laptop Always Overheating And Turning Off. by horllamy(m): 9:27am On Mar 06, 2016
akagson:
In Patience Jonathan's voice: chai! How I wish you bin snap am, you for just send the pic for me.
You can call it coolant or processor paste

(1) (Reply)

Very Clean HP Elitebook 6930p 4gig Ram, 500hdd For Sale / Please Suggest Laptops With Good Specifications / Pick N Pay - Laptops For Cheap !!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.