Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,263 members, 7,780,585 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:58 PM

Gionee M5:share Your Problems - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Gionee M5:share Your Problems (5184 Views)

Today Is Black Friday! Share Your Online Shopping Experience Here / Share Your Glo Data Free Day Experience (photos) / Good News To All GIONEE M5 MINI Users (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gionee M5:share Your Problems by godunia(m): 5:16pm On Feb 20, 2016
no doubt GIONEE M5 is a good phone but like everything good made by man, there are associated challenges. I want us to share our experiences using this phone and how we can help one another resolve it.
Mine can't be recognized by any computer, I have installed the driver, did factory reset, put it of connect to the computer, still nothing.i have done extensive research on this issue yet no solution .i have gone through device manager, no way, Pls anyone with an idea about what to do should share.

2 Likes

Re: Gionee M5:share Your Problems by sandammy(m): 6:51pm On Feb 20, 2016
I think you should try and use original USB cord. The follow-come one that came with my phone refused to connect the phone to my laptop and charging was extraordinarily slow some days after I bought the phone, I had to buy another cord at the price of N600.
Re: Gionee M5:share Your Problems by godunia(m): 7:33pm On Feb 20, 2016
sandammy:
I think you should try and use original USB cord. The follow-come one that came with my phone refused to connect the phone to my laptop and charging was extraordinarily slow some days after I bought the phone, I had to buy another cord at the price of N600.
I have tried several but I will keep trying. Thanks
Re: Gionee M5:share Your Problems by Bhordmars: 8:16pm On Feb 20, 2016
Your Usb Port Needs to be Checked. .Its An Hardware issue.
Re: Gionee M5:share Your Problems by Kingy10: 10:32pm On Feb 20, 2016
since you can charge your phone through the USB port, it's not hardware problem, change the USB cable, also try to use OTG cable....
Re: Gionee M5:share Your Problems by Nobody: 10:21am On Feb 21, 2016
godunia:
no doubt GIONEE M5 is a good phone but like everything good made by man, there are associated challenges. I want us to share our experiences using this phone and how we can help one another resolve it.
Mine can't be recognized by any computer, I have installed the driver, did factory reset, put it of connect to the computer, still nothing.i have done extensive research on this issue yet no solution .i have gone through device manager, no way, Pls anyone with an idea about what to do should share.

USB cables that light up(naija version) are for charging only. Take that into consideration.
Re: Gionee M5:share Your Problems by Nobody: 10:23am On Feb 21, 2016
***hidden***

3 Likes

Re: Gionee M5:share Your Problems by sandammy(m): 11:07am On Feb 21, 2016
emrain:
The only problem with gionee m5 is that it's too addictive. Due to the battery capacity, you might end up pressing your phone all day. cheesy
That is very true, I press my phone that I now felt my battery is not strong. But I realized its too much pressing and exploration. I too love this phone. No regrets whatsoever.
Re: Gionee M5:share Your Problems by dukeo(m): 1:01pm On Feb 21, 2016
emrain:

USB cables that light up(naija version) are for charging only. Take that into consideration.

wrong. I've used it to flash a phone before and everything works fine
Re: Gionee M5:share Your Problems by macdon4all(m): 2:46pm On Feb 21, 2016
My own problem with the fone is dat d ba3 doesn't last like a phone with 6020mah don't know if is becos of d infrared it came with
Re: Gionee M5:share Your Problems by Nobody: 3:27pm On Feb 21, 2016
sandammy:

That is very true, I press my phone that I now felt my battery is not strong. But I realized its too much pressing and exploration. I too love this phone. No regrets whatsoever.
grin
Re: Gionee M5:share Your Problems by Nobody: 3:28pm On Feb 21, 2016
dukeo:

wrong. I've used it to flash a phone before and everything works fine

Good for you. I'm speaking based on experience tho'
Re: Gionee M5:share Your Problems by chezimor: 10:41am On Aug 24, 2016
Hello guys, my gionee m5 just stopped vibrating... it didn't fall down. Just stopped like that. Is this normal for gionee m5 or is it just mine having this issues?
Re: Gionee M5:share Your Problems by flexxyworld(m): 12:28pm On Aug 24, 2016
Please does the finger print sensor work for this device too?
Re: Gionee M5:share Your Problems by davdandam(m): 2:16pm On Aug 24, 2016
Been using mine for like 8 months, stopped vibrating after like two months and till today the vibration is not constant, no system recognizes mine also and I've tried several cables. Apart from that best phone I've used in a long time.

1 Like

Re: Gionee M5:share Your Problems by Bosun13: 11:00pm On Aug 24, 2016
mine keep sending sms and deducting my money and to read msg ..... no where to be found ...whats d solution pls

1 Like

Re: Gionee M5:share Your Problems by introvertme: 8:33am On Aug 15, 2017
My screen flickers,goes off and doesn't come on when trying to change sim1 to Sim2 ..
Re: Gionee M5:share Your Problems by WeNoGoDie(m): 8:53am On Aug 15, 2017
Mine takes a long time to charge with power bank. Up to 10 hours but fast charger does it faster.
Re: Gionee M5:share Your Problems by Hotdiamond(m): 9:16am On Aug 15, 2017
WeNoGoDie:
Mine takes a long time to charge with power bank. Up to 10 hours but fast charger does it faster.
Except you use powerbank with power output that's equal to tho fast charger Like the anker powerbanks, you won't get fast charge.
Re: Gionee M5:share Your Problems by WeNoGoDie(m): 9:23am On Aug 15, 2017
Hotdiamond:

Except you use powerbank with power output that's equal to tho fast charger Like the anker powerbanks, you won't get fast charge.

You are obviously talking about a 5V/2A power bank. Then yes I have Romoss and another powerful brand from Germany.

Same 10 hours result.
Re: Gionee M5:share Your Problems by Joered63: 2:01pm On Aug 15, 2017
chezimor:
Hello guys, my gionee m5 just stopped vibrating... it didn't fall down. Just stopped like that. Is this normal for gionee m5 or is it just mine having this issues?

Me too , mine just stopped vibrating plus the screen light is flickering when u reduce the brightness

1 Like

Re: Gionee M5:share Your Problems by honsule(m): 7:38pm On Aug 15, 2017
MY GiONEE M5 Phone was collected from me at gun point. just wondering the best way to track the phone or condemn it.
Re: Gionee M5:share Your Problems by OOG(m): 6:51pm On Aug 16, 2017
WeNoGoDie:

You are obviously talking about a 5V/2A power bank. Then yes I have Romoss and another powerful brand from Germany.

Same 10 hours result.

If you are in Lagos, you can visit the Anker stand at the event happening at CMD open field by Magodo Phase II on Saturday 19th August 2017 to test the charging speeds of various Anker powerbanks for free. We will have various Anker products on display with an opportunity for people to interact with them. You can call or message 09096553079 or 08034547919 for more details.
Re: Gionee M5:share Your Problems by WeNoGoDie(m): 7:18pm On Aug 16, 2017
OOG:

If you are in Lagos, you can visit the Anker stand at the event happening at CMD open field by Magodo Phase II on Saturday 19th August 2017 to test the charging speeds of various Anker powerbanks for free. We will have various Anker products on display with an opportunity for people to interact with them. You can call or message 09096553079 or 08034547919 for more details.

I would very much like to except for distance. I stay in Festac.
Re: Gionee M5:share Your Problems by OOG(m): 9:30pm On Aug 16, 2017
WeNoGoDie:

I would very much like to except for distance. I stay in Festac.

You can always call us anytime to schedule a visit anytime you are on the Island. We will work something out for you.
Re: Gionee M5:share Your Problems by luv4diran: 4:09pm On Jan 16, 2019
I change my phone minimum of 1-3 times a year,
But I have not changed my phone for 3years since Ive been using Gionee M5. (just because it comes with;
1. A good battery of up to 38hours of very heavy usage
2. Reverse charging (it can charge other phones)
3. Remote control (which I've been using for my TV, DSTV, AC, projector in church, it can control practically anything that uses Remote control (its a universal controller)
4. It Can access your USB flash directly via OTG cable
5. Mine does not hang, the only problem is it gets hot, but will never hang or complain that its too hot. I dont know about the 2gb Ram ones o , mine is 3gb Ram, and it plays GTA 5 efficiently.
6. Good camera if atmosphere is bright.
7. Very very very bright backlit screen and flashlight(as in verrrry bright) u can change screen setting if you have eye problem (blackscreen, yellow, or more red) . If you are blind, as in you cannot see at all, just upgrade to the latest android package for it and activate blind user feature.
8. It charges fast if you use the prescribed charger, dont use anyhow charger.
9. Guess what, the 4g network on it is fantastic.
10. The speaker is loud meeeenh (dont expect beat by dre sound quality ooo, but e try sha)
11. The quality of call is awesome (both mic and speaker)
The phone has been good to me and
It comes with a lot of features that 2019 smartphones are just incorporating in their latest editions.
The Problems you may encounter or issues you may not like in Gionee M5 may include;
1. If you cannot connect it's whole internal/external memory to your laptop, the reason may be because the developer setting has changed without notifying you, i assure you if you get the settings and installation right it will reconnect.
If you still can't connect, dont waste time just get an OTG memory stick.
2. It gets hot when used heavily. Just get a good jacket insulator/rubber jacket for it if you are not comfortable holding it. Afterall even the hotness of the overrated iphone X will /can burn your finger under heavy usage.
3. Yes the vibrator and charging port will wearOut over time, just go get another one, please make sure the engineer does not repair it, IT MUST BE REPLACED, lucky you: the phone has detachable components, get the original, remove old one, and fix the new with just 1k or max 3k for both. Only one time fix and it will never reoccur.
4. The software is Android, if android is sending or resending sms on your phone. Just reboot your phone and you are good to go. Or delete all failed sms you tried to send.
In some cases it may be that your phone is under attack by malwares / virus. Try uninstalling some apps you suspect. Or just freeze them, in serious cases you may need a full formatting.
No front flash.
What else can i say about this wonder heavyweight 200g phone. Gionee must pay me for this o, anyways its a good sincere review.
I wish to change my phone but it must be capable to do more than Gionee M5.
Minimum of 5000mah
Ir remote
16mp camera upward
4g network upward
3G RAM upward
Reverse charging features
I dont mind wireless charging too
6inches screen size
I dont mind if it can project
I for got to mention the phone has falling several times and the screen never broke. I just keep on changing the protector screen guard.
So strong screen
Quality sound
And must not be more than 70k
Cos im no longer a phone freak, am all about functionality and style.
Please im not asking you to try sell me a phone o, just mention i will go get brand new myself. Ese gan
Re: Gionee M5:share Your Problems by luv4diran: 6:54am On Jan 18, 2019
Did i just hear whats so special about it.
Considering NEPAs crippled supply
This Gionee M5 comes with a wooping
6020mah battery, to give you loads of Juicy UPS.
You can't beat that!

(1) (Reply)

Airtel At It Again / Is Sony Ericsson K850i A Symbian Phone? "what Is The Meaning Of Symbian Phone" / How To Charge Your Phone Without Electricity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.