Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,403 members, 7,808,437 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:58 AM

Letting Go By Audrey Timms - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Letting Go By Audrey Timms (537912 Views)

Living In The Present - A Lesson In Letting Go / Morning Vibes With Dr. Jerry - The First - Episode 141/letting It All Go / Waiting For The Bouquet By Audrey Timms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (73) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Letting Go By Audrey Timms by virtuedagirl(f): 2:54pm On Mar 03, 2016
What a beautiful piece u've got here. AudreyTimms more inspirations to u dear.
Re: Letting Go By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 9:41pm On Mar 03, 2016
Bb4u:

tnx ma'am for d dedication and wishes, I'm more than grateful
You're welcome, dear
Re: Letting Go By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 9:44pm On Mar 03, 2016
adefunke62:
Gio, plssss come back, Audrey, y did you stop there? y
Lol. For the sake of suspense
Re: Letting Go By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 9:47pm On Mar 03, 2016
johnkennedy18:
all I can say is good work.pls try and make de post longer dan dis.first time commenting. love ur work..
That wasn't long enough? Thanks dear
Re: Letting Go By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 9:49pm On Mar 03, 2016
rofemiguwa:
Audrey I carry God beg u. Don't let nkiru catch dem like dt. Abeg. Dir luv is too sweet to be broken by dt idiot jessica. Remember gio has seen her make out in the school before! I don't tink he shud fall for her thrash.

Good work dear.
Lol. Let's wait and see. Thanks dear
Re: Letting Go By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 9:49pm On Mar 03, 2016
Jumizie13:
Awwwwww, diz is not a good place to stop
Lol
Re: Letting Go By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 9:51pm On Mar 03, 2016
Loisemm:
Wow... see suspense. I am enjoying this story ooo. Esp Felix's funny chapters. I laff tire for him part... Seriously, I detest girls like this Jessica... she is so pathetic
Lol. I'm glad you're enjoying it.
Re: Letting Go By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 10:20pm On Mar 03, 2016
Essyprity:
To be frank Audrey, u are not doing justice to these characters and ur descriptions are still suffering. U didn't get better after unfulfilled promises. I don't know how to begin to point them out but am sure another person must hv noticed what am trying to get at. Unfulfilled promises is more compelling and smoother. Please u are over stressing on the wealth of d Ekwes making almost unbelievable. Make ur story more real except there's something am not used to.

Any refreshment here?!
This looks like constructive criticism to you? U didn't get better after unfulfilled promises. That sentence alone killed my writing spirit. What's wrong in saying, 'Audrey, you're trying sha but you haven't gotten the descriptive part yet. Please work on it.' I really didn't expect you of all people to make an observation like that. I know my flaws, that was why i said i'm more of a story teller than a writer. After trying my best at descpition and trying to copy others, i had to tell myself the truth that my style of writing is different. I believe you read my reply to someone who praised my narration and i told her descrpition was what i was going to work on next.. So the online courses i took were for nothing? So i didn't improve in anything simply because i can't describe? Please put yourself in my shoes. Look at how Jonathan2787 put his own criticism and how i enjoyed replying him. You know i'm not a proud writer/story teller who doesn't listen to criticism. I took what he said and worked on it because of the way he said it. That said, thanks for the observation. I will work on it.

Secondly, a relative of mine was once a senator and another, a minister. Whatever i write about the senator and his family is from first-hand experience and that of friends who have experienced such too. I carry out researches before i start writing.

Lastly, it's a work of fiction with about twenty percent reality. So please bear with me. Thanks.

26 Likes

Re: Letting Go By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 10:22pm On Mar 03, 2016
kingphilip:
Yeah AudreyTimms can attest to that
Audrey who?
Re: Letting Go By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 10:23pm On Mar 03, 2016
onosj:
Audrey thanks 4 d update.
You're welcome, dear.
Re: Letting Go By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 10:24pm On Mar 03, 2016
bummybummy:
The suspense z 2 much oo, plz dnt let NK meet Gio nd Jessica lik dat ooo:/:/, stil tinkn wat wil happen if NK meet dem. Tnx 4 d update, wen ar we xpectn anoda one
You're welcome, dear. On saturday.
Re: Letting Go By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 10:26pm On Mar 03, 2016
Jonathan2787:
you are welcome Audrey, just curious why you always add lol when you are commenting on my post
Lol. I don't know o. Maybe because you always type some things that are funny to me. I enjoy laughing.
Re: Letting Go By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 10:32pm On Mar 03, 2016
lovingangel:
Gud day n welldone for d job well done. Dis story is a bomb, may God kip on strengthen u. I sent a mail to u wit folakee@yahoo.com n ve not gotten a reply. Plz kindly help me do sometin abt it. Tanx
Thanks dear. I just replied you. Sorry about the late response.
Re: Letting Go By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 10:33pm On Mar 03, 2016
virtuedagirl:
What a beautiful piece u've got here. AudreyTimms more inspirations to u dear.
Thanks dear
Re: Letting Go By Audrey Timms by Ali1king: 10:42pm On Mar 03, 2016
Hi am ali[b]1[/b]king
I love your story
I am a boy
Are u a boy or girl
It name sounds masculine
Forgive me
I am a boy

1 Like

Re: Letting Go By Audrey Timms by Ali1king: 10:43pm On Mar 03, 2016
Hi am ali1king
I love your story
I am a boy
Are u a boy or girl
Ur name sounds masculne
I am a boy
Re: Letting Go By Audrey Timms by Nobody: 10:45pm On Mar 03, 2016
AudreyTimms:

Lol. I don't know o. Maybe because you always type some things that are funny to me. I enjoy laughing.
keep it up laughter is a good thing especially for you who needs to be happy in other to stay focused, i love your work girl. Big fan

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Letting Go By Audrey Timms by Nobody: 10:52pm On Mar 03, 2016
AudreyTimms:

This looks like constructive criticism to you? U didn't get better after unfulfilled promises. That sentence alone killed my writing spirit. What's wrong in saying, 'Audrey, you're trying sha but you haven't gotten the descriptive part yet. Please work on it.' I really didn't expect you of all people to make an observation like that. I know my flaws, that was why i said i'm more of a story teller than a writer. After trying my best at descpition and trying to copy others, i had to tell myself the truth that my style of writing is different. I believe you read my reply to someone who praised my narration and i told her descrpition was what i was going to work on next.. So the online courses i took were for nothing? So i didn't improve in anything simply because i can't describe? Please put yourself in my shoes. Look at how Jonathan2787 put his own criticism and how i enjoyed replying him. You know i'm not a proud writer/story teller who doesn't listen to criticism. I took what he said and worked on it because of the way he said it. That said, thanks for the observation. I will work on it.

Secondly, a relative of mine was once a senator and another, a minister. Whatever i write about the senator and his family is from first-hand experience and that of friends who have experienced such too. I carry out researches before i start writing.

Lastly, it's a work of fiction with about twenty percent reality. So please bear with me. Thanks.
your writting spirit shouldn't be killed because of one destructive opinion everyone has flaws and am sure not all people that say one thing or the other about a subject actually knows the subject, maybe shes talking because she wants to talk and i don't think she can write half as good as you, she isnt the only one here and we are many that are your fan so the positive comments are more than the negatives thats why you should just overlook, its a social network so expect such from time to time, but just laugh and move on.

7 Likes

Re: Letting Go By Audrey Timms by jaybiz007(m): 11:26pm On Mar 03, 2016
Well, sis AudreyTimms, you are a great storyteller, and irrespective of what anyone thinks whatsoever, I always look forward to your work due to your ability of effortlessly bringing in humor to your literary piece, just like flow1759, and that is a big ups to you.

As regards the description, I think you are doing a terrific job, and all you have to do to make it mind-blowing is by toning down on repetitive emphasis such as Louis vuitton, dolce & galbana etc, leaving a little vacuum for the readers imagination.

Lastly, thanks for sharing this particular work for free, your ocean of blessings shall never run dry!

More please **puppy face**

5 Likes

Re: Letting Go By Audrey Timms by Nep2une(m): 12:10am On Mar 04, 2016
AudreyTimms give us something to wet our beaks now
I feel like a junky looking for a fix grin
You have some nice insight about guys judging from your felix character is that also from personal experience

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Letting Go By Audrey Timms by Essyprity(f): 4:00am On Mar 04, 2016
AudreyTimms:

Well, let me continue reading. I didn't know I was supposed to sing ur praises at all times. Forgive. I hardly do read other people's comments so I do not know what dear Jonathan has written, I just put down mine.
Re: Letting Go By Audrey Timms by fruitfulwoman: 6:47am On Mar 04, 2016
Essyprity:

Well, let me continue reading. I didn't know I was supposed to sing ur praises at all times. Forgive. I hardly do read other people's comments so I do not know what dear Jonathan has written, I just put down mine.
Essyprity, don't take this wrongly but i dare say you didn't use your words judiciously or should i say diplomatically. Yes, i've noticed her struggling with description but because she got better in other areas, i believed inwardly that she'd get there some day. Indeed, she's gotten better after unfulfilled promises. Her dialogues no longer end with full stop before the closed quotation marks when she's saying what someone said. Her narration is better. She still has some issues with the use of will/would but she's getting there. And she doesn't make many grammatical errors anymore unlike in unfulfilled promises. Yes, maybe she should tone down on the riches of the senator's family but i can totally relate with the story because i went to a private university where the girls were always like, 'who are you wearing? My mum got it for me when she was in paris. Will you come to my pool party? Blah blah blah' My opinion though.

Really put yourself in her shoes. Even i cringed when i saw that 'you didn't get better after unfulfilled promises' comment. Imagine someone who doesn't really understand mathematics but during the holidays, he tried his best to study but after a test the following term, the teacher brings out the student in front of the whole assembly and tells him he didn't get better in mathematics simply because the boy failed algebra, totally forgetting he passed equations, geometry, simple and compound interest etc. Are you getting the picture i'm trying to paint?

Lastly, that your statement up there about her wanting praises all the time is just so wrong. I know for a fact that she's one of the humble writers we have here alongside Larrysun, sammyhoe and divepen. Please, we're going to be mothers tomorrow, let's learn not to make our children cringe or drive them into their shells while trying to correct them. You can throw sarcasm my way as well, no problem. After what i've been through in this life, my skin is thicker than a crocodile's.

Peace.

25 Likes

Re: Letting Go By Audrey Timms by calmie(f): 8:36am On Mar 04, 2016
Essyprity:

Well, let me continue readin. I didn't know I was supposed to sing ur praises at all times[/size]. Forgive. I hardly do read other people's comments so I do not know what dear Jonathan has written, I just put down mine.

She dint say you shud sing her praise ... The truth is there are sensible ways to criticize. Meanwhile u sound like u were forced to read her story .!.. Who is putting the gun on ur head ? Easy o, its not easy to write .... We all develop our skills to be what we want to be and shes on that path, dont let ur comments abort her dreams mbok!

@audrey... Carry go please !

11 Likes

Re: Letting Go By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 8:48am On Mar 04, 2016
Ali1king:
Hi am ali[b]1[/b]king
I love your story
I am a boy
Are u a boy or girl
It name sounds masculine
Forgive me
I am a boy
Thanks dear. I'm a woman.
Re: Letting Go By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 8:49am On Mar 04, 2016
Jonathan2787:
keep it up laughter is a good thing especially for you who needs to be happy in other to stay focused, i love your work girl. Big fan
Thanks dear
Re: Letting Go By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 8:51am On Mar 04, 2016
Jonathan2787:
your writting spirit shouldn't be killed because of one destructive opinion everyone has flaws and am sure not all people that say one thing or the other about a subject actually knows the subject, maybe shes talking because she wants to talk and i don't think she can write half as good as you, she isnt the only one here and we are many that are your fan so the positive comments are more than the negatives thats why you should just overlook, its a social network so expect such from time to time, but just laugh and move on.
I understand what she's trying to say. It's just the way she put it i didn't like because we went through Unfulfilled Promises together so i expected more from her. Anyway, that's water under the bridge. Thanks
Re: Letting Go By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 8:53am On Mar 04, 2016
jaybiz007:
Well, sis AudreyTimms, you are a great storyteller, and irrespective of what anyone thinks whatsoever, I always look forward to your work due to your ability of effortlessly bringing in humor to your literary piece, just like flow1759, and that is a big ups to you.

As regards the description, I think you are doing a terrific job, and all you have to do to make it mind-blowing is by toning down on repetitive emphasis such as Louis vuitton, dolce & galbana etc, leaving a little vacuum for the readers imagination.

Lastly, thanks for sharing this particular work for free, your ocean of blessings shall never run dry!

More please **puppy face**

Okay. I get you. Point noted. Thanks dear.
Re: Letting Go By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 8:57am On Mar 04, 2016
Nep2une:
AudreyTimms give us something to wet our beaks now
I feel like a junky looking for a fix grin
You have some nice insight about guys judging from your felix character is that also from personal experience
I'll drop something later on in the day. I'm a bit busy now. Lol. As far as it is a story not drugs, no problem. No, i don't really have any experience with a womanizer but my younger brother inspired Felix's character. Girls can trip for am. And he's not that fine sef o. grin

2 Likes

Re: Letting Go By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 9:00am On Mar 04, 2016
Essyprity:

Really? Essyprity, really? I want you to sing my praises at all times? Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Re: Letting Go By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 9:07am On Mar 04, 2016
fruitfulwoman:

Essyprity, don't take this wrongly but i dare say you didn't use your words judiciously or should i say diplomatically. Yes, i've noticed her struggling with description but because she got better in other areas, i believed inwardly that she'd get there some day. Indeed, she's gotten better after unfulfilled promises. Her dialogues no longer end with full stop before the closed quotation marks when she's saying what someone said. Her narration is better. She still has some issues with the use of will/would but she's getting there. And she doesn't make many grammatical errors anymore unlike in unfulfilled promises. Yes, maybe she should tone down on the riches of the senator's family but i can totally relate with the story because i went to a private university where the girls were always like, 'who are you wearing? My mum got it for me when she was in paris. Will you come to my pool party? Blah blah blah' My opinion though.

Really put yourself in her shoes. Even i cringed when i saw that 'you didn't get better after unfulfilled promises' comment. Imagine someone who doesn't really understand mathematics but during the holidays, he tried his best to study but after a test the following term, the teacher brings out the student in front of the whole assembly and tells him he didn't get better in mathematics simply because the boy failed algebra, totally forgetting he passed equations, geometry, simple and compound interest etc. Are you getting the picture i'm trying to paint?

Lastly, that your statement up there about her wanting praises all the time is just so wrong. I know for a fact that she's one of the humble writers we have here alongside Larrysun, sammyhoe and divepen. Please, we're going to be mothers tomorrow, let's learn not to make our children cringe or drive them into their shells while trying to correct them. You can throw sarcasm my way as well, no problem. After what i've been through in this life, my skin is thicker than a crocodile's.

Peace.
Wow. Thanks for putting things in another perspective. I also attended a private university. Thanks for noticing the small efforts i made in trying to get better. It feels good that someone noticed. Some people don't know when you ask the so-called 'made' writers for help, you don't get any. I'll continue trying on my own. Someday, by God's grace, i will get there. Thanks dear.

12 Likes

Re: Letting Go By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 9:09am On Mar 04, 2016
calmie:

She dint say you shud sing her praise ... The truth is there are sensible ways to criticize. Meanwhile u sound like u were forced to read her story .!.. Who is putting the gun on ur head ? Easy o, its not easy to write .... We all develop our skills to be what we want to be and shes on that path, dont let ur comments abort her dreams mbok!

@audrey... Carry go please !
Thanks a lot, dear, for standing up for me. She's entitled to her own opinion.

1 Like

Re: Letting Go By Audrey Timms by hysteriabox(m): 11:32am On Mar 04, 2016
Essyprity:
To be frank Audrey, u are not doing justice to these characters and ur descriptions are still suffering. U didn't get better after unfulfilled promises. I don't know how to begin to point them out but am sure another person must hv noticed what am trying to get at. Unfulfilled promises is more compelling and smoother. Please u are over stressing on the wealth of d Ekwes making almost unbelievable. Make ur story more real except there's something am not used to.

Any refreshment here?!

Eh! What am I reading so?

Come..... Angel of Verdun.... Shey Audrey look like mimic for ya eyes?!

Abeg o, no carry this writer sweet spirit take dilute your choleric disposition o!

See yawa o!

Like say this kine talk no go end your career if Pesin take wound you!. ...tchew

Audrey no vex eh. You know say today, anybody wey life don slap fit retaliate by sharing it online thru such mean comments.

#carrygoAudrey

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (73) (Reply)

Man Wey Dey Reason / BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo / My Life On Campus (A True Life Story).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.