Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,304 members, 7,780,714 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:17 PM

Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers (35638 Views)

Italy Oil Firm, ENI To Repair Port Harcourt Refinery / Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariaria Shoemakers / Why We Label Our Shoes Made In Italy, China : Aba Shoe Makers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by amunkita(m): 10:29am On Feb 21, 2016
tolugar:
I bought a 3k slippers, Aba made.

I've been rocking it in & out since 2012

Baba nah iron dem use produce am

1 Like

Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by maz1(m): 10:30am On Feb 21, 2016
I am team made in nigeria. Let's believe in our capabilities and shun mediocrity. We are one Nigeria and so it shall be. And we will be great as one. #buymadeinnigeria

3 Likes

Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by teemy(m): 10:30am On Feb 21, 2016
They should have at that time and still possiby now televised their claims with comparision between Aba shoes and China shoes. With good evidence the tide would have blown towards their side. I think it is time they all co-sponsor a Made-In-Aba tele program showcasing all and all.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by ifeelgood: 10:30am On Feb 21, 2016
Use made in FRN and Nigerians will assumed it to be made in France.
Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by tonynickson(m): 10:30am On Feb 21, 2016
Patronise locally made products for our economy to grow. Let Government create enabling ground. And ban all importation of leather products. My opinion. #i love the aba spirit. If u do too. Click one like

9 Likes

Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by Royalmic24(m): 10:30am On Feb 21, 2016
Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by Coldfaya(m): 10:31am On Feb 21, 2016
someone above just captured it. rich out of ego won't want to buy made in Aba while the poor who can't want to feel like the rich by buying the made in italo or China (fake arse ppl).

we need reorientation walahi. Abeg how do I get some made in Aba shoes in Kaduna Biko. my size 47 sef show say Aba will benefit me more.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by Heart2heart(m): 10:32am On Feb 21, 2016
heading to aba soon to replenish my wardrobe a little. Aba is were i buy clothes, even bespoke ones and it would take me eternity to find another person wearing same thing. I get a lot of admirations for my attire. People wanna know were it was made and who made it. when i say my aba designer, u hear "come on, be serious naa". Me na aba brought up oo, so i know what that city has got.

One day my boss bought Pams for 14k at one boutique in ph, i told him this same pams would go for much less in a boutique i know in A-line and powerline. He rhapsodized how the footwear was italian made. I told him in no disrespectful way, sir this pams is made in bakassi, Aba. He said the quality was just way beyond what can be made in Nigeria. He never knew the ingenuity of those guys in aba...

I strolled into aba and searched for it in those boutiques i know well in my years in ariaria. I got fit for 3k. Took the receipt (something i never do).

Wore it on a friday to office, my boss wan faint. He knows too well that back then i cannot cough out 14k on pams (glorified slippers). He saw the receipt, to even butress my point, i told him you can even speak to the seller on phone since his contact was on the receipt. I think the aba craftmen should just stick to their name and fly it. They are as good as that...people who export their shoes to europe, i wonder why the complex.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by abuc: 10:33am On Feb 21, 2016
To comment later
Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by demolinka(m): 10:34am On Feb 21, 2016
tolugar:
Ah! Oya bros go change am, abeg.

1 Like

Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by Nobody: 10:36am On Feb 21, 2016
My fellow Aba people, let's consider some points that will move our market:
1) Let's make peace with the Federal Govt, they hold the key to our success. If they Ban importation of shoes, we will sell faster and better.

2) Let's us be wary of Ben Bruce and Saraki, they are using us to score cheap political points because the Economy is Bad!

3) Let's advertise our products well and look for other means to sustain ourselves!

Meanwhile:
Shoutout to all those who copy and peep in the exam hall... Even those who manage to graduate from the University and those who tried with ND results and Still come here and Type "Buhari is a Dullard" just to get some likes! I hail una..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by modath(f): 10:37am On Feb 21, 2016
UrbanMystique:
and what happened to 5k shoes?

Are you saying there are no less 10 dollar shoes in Italy?

Real leather shoes for 10$, CBN's 2k? BM 3.5K? Really Issokay. sad

1 Like

Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by FTBOY: 10:41am On Feb 21, 2016
modath:

Can't blame them, they have to make ends meet..but anyone buying a 5k shoe & believing it was really made in Italy is a joker.. smiley
nonsense! how much shoes can you afford. i mean you......not the one your boyfriends buy for you?
Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by iamauxin(m): 10:44am On Feb 21, 2016
funnynation:
Made in Aba.. Nnamdi Kanu home town.

I hear say doz Aba shoe na animal skin, so one day I cut one of my old shoe wey I no dey wear again. I cooked the animal skin like 57mins but e no gree don. Well, I begin dey chop am like dat since na animal skin.. About 1hr 30mins, my sister come tap me and said ''wake up b4 u chop d whole pillow finish''

I dedicate this FTC to my crush.. Siena247.. I love her bcs of her eye.

Nairaland official comedian
This is d driest first post I've ever seen on Nairaland...and to think it's coming from someone who claims to be funny is preposterous

2 Likes

Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by hilltop93(m): 10:44am On Feb 21, 2016
favoured234:
Sorry I didn't read the write up but I know the answer.

Because rich men does not patronize made in Aba, and poor men want to be like rich men
So just deceive the poor with made in Italy, all will be well.

Cultivate reading habit please. The op didn't mention any of those things you are guessing.
Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by Naija9090: 10:45am On Feb 21, 2016
decatalyst:
Its inferiority complex or lack of zeal to standout!

Some Aba shoe products are as good as any other shoe around the world but it beats my imagination that they produce and place another label on it in order to sell it. So sad...i blame this on the populace orientation tho

#TeamBuyNigerianProducts

Read the article well. They explained in details.
Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by funnynation(m): 10:48am On Feb 21, 2016
iamauxin:
This is d driest first post I've ever seen on Nairaland...and to think it's coming from someone who claims to be funny is preposterous
bros abeg ur condition do pass comedy.. I guess u see ur doctor for better drugs..

2 Likes

Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by Jacko1(m): 10:49am On Feb 21, 2016
Why you will not get support from nigeria is because you are..... Wait for it.......

Ibos..... Nobody want ibos progress.... This country dont like you.... Continue tagging. Your shoes made in italy cos no bamigboye... Adeleke... Shina.... Taofeek.... Edafe... Osas.... Gbenga.... Sulaiman.... Musa wil buy ur shoes seeing made in aba

2 Likes

Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by ckmayoca: 10:50am On Feb 21, 2016
modath:

Can't blame them, they have to make ends meet..but anyone buying a 5k shoe & believing it was really made in Italy is a joker.. smiley

10- 30 usd shoes plenty for UK store well well and before naira lost its value, it's was not up to 5k. Our travellers bring them down and sell for 7-10k claiming it's us and won't last 2wks if wore daily.
Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by AdaAnambra: 10:53am On Feb 21, 2016
favoured234:

Because rich men does not patronize made in Aba, and poor men want to be like rich men
I don't blame them. Most people not even rich people will not patronise them.
Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by ckmayoca: 10:53am On Feb 21, 2016
tolugar:

Sometime I take a look at those 1k tee and compare with those we buy at big malls for 4k. They (1k)last longer even though we mind the soap we wash em it while the 1k own is washed with with klin and ariel.
Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by modath(f): 10:55am On Feb 21, 2016
FTBOY:
nonsense! how much shoes can you afford. i mean you......not the one your boyfriends buy for you?

See all the boyfriends put together can afford sef, make I find Aba boyfriend for shoes sake. cheesy

Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by musicwriter(m): 10:57am On Feb 21, 2016
For those saying inferiority complex, the irony is that anytime you write in English you're literally also saying ''made in England'' in favour of our African languages.

3 Likes

Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by enigma2007(m): 11:01am On Feb 21, 2016
I have a boss that is into Aba-made things and strangely, the quality of the products are of good grade. I don't know why how people will abandon good stuff because they want to belong to the group of people wearing foreign products. I don't care about the labels on most of the thing i wear inasmuch it fits.

I for one use made in naija shoes though it was made here in Lagos.

For the Aba shoe-makers and other Aba entrepreneurs: this is the time to bring your goods so that people that are not based in the East can see and be able to access the products.. i for example, will not have the time to go to Aba to look for wears or other quality products that are probably cheaper than the foreign counterparts because of my busy schedule(s).

1 Like

Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by millionaireman: 11:04am On Feb 21, 2016
favoured234:

Ariaria traders meant to confuse both rich and poor of Nigeria. Both groups can be easily confused.

The last presidential election shows that both the rich and poor of Nigeria can be easily deceived.
Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by Ups01(m): 11:04am On Feb 21, 2016
iamauxin:

I thought i was the only person that saw that
Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by 9jatatafo(m): 11:04am On Feb 21, 2016
It's all deceit to make more sales.
Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by modath(f): 11:07am On Feb 21, 2016
ckmayoca:

10- 30 usd shoes plenty for UK store well well and before naira lost its value, it's was not up to 5k. Our travellers bring them down and sell for 7-10k claiming it's us and won't last 2wks if wore daily.

I'm talking real Italian leather not regular high streets shoes...the argument is not about quality, it's the name & catchet "ITALIAN" made.. dazall.

I dont know why people quote & comment without full understanding of the context!!

Nothing is wrong with 3k shoes, I buy knockabout slippers of 2k but do you really believe genuine Italian leather shoes could ever retail at even 10k?

It's like a lady paying 8k for a bag & believing it's real Michael Kors/Coach/Fendi/Marc Jacobs / Channel/ Gucci bag just cos the name is emblazoned on it....

Aba shoes quality is not the Topic, it's the branding...

1 Like

Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by Frankiss44(m): 11:08am On Feb 21, 2016
UrbanMystique:
and what happened to 5k shoes?

Are you saying there are no less 10 dollar shoes in Italy?

That dude is a classic case of inferiority complex. He feels everything made in Italy is stupidity expensive. And that's the mentality the average Nigerian has.
Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by Akanaz(m): 11:11am On Feb 21, 2016
Dont panic. Sooner or later nigerians will be forced to purchase made in Aba, Nigeria products with the current economy situation.
Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by FTBOY: 11:15am On Feb 21, 2016
modath:

See all the boyfriends put together can afford sef, make I find Aba boyfriend for shoes sake. cheesy

hohoho....i laugh! and you want me to believe that the pair of shoes you posted is worth 5k?
Re: Why We Put Made In China, Italy On Our Shoes – Ariariashoemakers by UrbanMystique: 11:24am On Feb 21, 2016
modath:

Real leather shoes for 10$, CBN's 2k? BM 3.5K? Really Issokay. sad
point is, a shoe can actually come from Italy and still cost less down 5k. Not all shoes from Italy cost 1million.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

15 Businesses You Can Start On Campus That You Don't Know About / ShopRite Denies Leaving Nigeria / Duty Hike: "We Are Finished" - Importers, Agents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.