Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,390 members, 7,808,376 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:08 AM

How To Identify A Good Web Design Company In Nigeria - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Identify A Good Web Design Company In Nigeria (10962 Views)

5 Things To Consider Before You Hire A Web Design Company In Nigeria In 2018 / 5 Reasons Why A Good Web Hosting Provider Is Important To Your Website’s Success / 5 Reasons Why A Good Web Hosting Provider Is Important To Your Website’s Success (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Identify A Good Web Design Company In Nigeria by jchima14: 8:50am On Feb 21, 2016
Are you looking for a reliable web design company in Nigeria to design a website for your business or organization?

This is something that requires a lot of dedicated effort and commitment.

Unfortunately most business owners do not see it that way.

The result?

They end up redesigning the company website over and over again. After a while they conclude that web design companies in Nigeria or simply web designers generally are not reliable.

However, this is not necessarily so. Agreed, there are so many bad eggs and incompetent folks parading themselves as web designers or some can even go to the extent of calling themselves a web design company.

It is important to note that due diligent search will help you identify the truly professional ones and sieve them out from the rest.

So here are a few tips that will aid you in identifying a great website design company;

Web design Portfolio
Do they have a track record of past projects? If they do, ask for the evidence.

To confirm that the websites were actually built by the web design company, check the footer of the websites they say they created for a mention of their name e.g. "web design by Bleep Web Design Company". Almost every web designer I know adds this footer.

Web design Pricing
If a web designer charges ridiculously low like NGN20,000 or so, please run, else you will end up with a substandard website.

This is not to advocate for higher prices for web designers, but to inform you that any web design company that really wants to offer you quality service will not accept such fee because it may not even be enough to buy a good and dependable hosting space and domain name, not to talk of service charges.

Ignore this advice at your own peril!!!

Level of Web design knowledge
Are they just web designers or web developers/programmers?

Ask if the web design company have competent staff with knowledge of web programming which is different from web design.

It is always better to patronize web developers with knowledge of PHP or ASPX programming language.

This is because they have a more in-depth knowledge and this will help them bring your ideas to life on the web no matter how crazy they are.

But a designer with mere HTML knowledge would not be able to do that.

Search engine optimization (SEO)
Does the web design company have staff with good knowledge of search engine optimization?

Don't forget the aim of every business person is to have his website seen and indexed by Google.

What is the use of having a website that no one visits?

Through your conversation with them, you will easily know this. If they don't even mention about basic onsite SEO for your website, do not patronize them, simple!

Experience
Only patronize web design companies in Nigeria with enough experience.

This helps you avoid having your website designed by amateurs who will only end up using your website as a learning experience and of course, it will always come out amateur looking.

In conclusion, follow these simple advices above and you will be able to differentiate the amateur road-side web designers from really competent professional web design companies in Nigeria

SOURCE: http://ebrandpromotion.com/website-design-nigeria/index.php/blog/11-how-to-identify-a-good-web-design-company-in-nigeria

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How To Identify A Good Web Design Company In Nigeria by Clone2020(m): 5:19pm On Feb 21, 2016
Left to me there aren't that many good website designers in Nigeria. Try building one yourself with sites like wix.com it's so easy cuz all you are doing is copy and pasting on a template and it looks very professional. U can buy cheap gigs on fiverr for SEO.
If you must hire someone, just go to freelance.com and hire a professional for cheap, those Indians got mad skills.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Identify A Good Web Design Company In Nigeria by yorex2011: 5:19pm On Feb 21, 2016
tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Identify A Good Web Design Company In Nigeria by Harmored(m): 5:20pm On Feb 21, 2016
Kk

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How To Identify A Good Web Design Company In Nigeria by gbaskiboy: 5:22pm On Feb 21, 2016
Am following oo, happy weekend to nairander, Buhari gofment badt mehn!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Identify A Good Web Design Company In Nigeria by Trapnews: 5:23pm On Feb 21, 2016
Seem bonanza for front page has been declared shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Identify A Good Web Design Company In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:24pm On Feb 21, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Identify A Good Web Design Company In Nigeria by GoodBoi1(m): 5:26pm On Feb 21, 2016
Are you trying to spoil market for other people?

1 Like

Re: How To Identify A Good Web Design Company In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:28pm On Feb 21, 2016
Interesting. . .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Identify A Good Web Design Company In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:33pm On Feb 21, 2016
cc Blueyedgeek

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How To Identify A Good Web Design Company In Nigeria by dastudent(m): 5:36pm On Feb 21, 2016
Putting your name on the footer of a website does not help at all. It's like self promotion and it does not even help SEO anymore. #Panda.
Re: How To Identify A Good Web Design Company In Nigeria by BIGTinfotech: 5:42pm On Feb 21, 2016
Peeps that charge #20K for a website makes it difficult for clients to patronise the professionals.

It just like in law...where Hungry lawyers charge as ridiculous as 0.01% to do a deed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Identify A Good Web Design Company In Nigeria by imohchard(m): 5:46pm On Feb 21, 2016
So they send this OP to come and spoil market...
Who told you that those that charge less don't design quality websites?
I charge less than 30k and you can check a few of my works and see if they are substandard.
Stsmart.com.ng
Read2leadng.com
Greenlightdrivingschool.com.ng
Peridot germane.com

Etc..
Of course price varies with functionality. OP please be careful o

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Identify A Good Web Design Company In Nigeria by In2systemsTech(m): 5:50pm On Feb 21, 2016
okay... OP has a point but a site being affordable does not necessary mean it is a bad work, I have see very expensive sites that is not even worth it and cannot even compare to the 20,000 sites... the truth is that CMS like wordpress and joomla now makes coders look like they are not important... if you are going to have an online shop on your website, secure it well

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Identify A Good Web Design Company In Nigeria by Dindondin(m): 5:51pm On Feb 21, 2016
God bless ya op

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Identify A Good Web Design Company In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:51pm On Feb 21, 2016
I design website for free.

joelezeu@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: How To Identify A Good Web Design Company In Nigeria by Sibrah: 5:58pm On Feb 21, 2016
There is 2,500 per site guy in webmaster section Nairaland.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Identify A Good Web Design Company In Nigeria by 2mNaira: 6:12pm On Feb 21, 2016
Sibrah:

I don't believe this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Identify A Good Web Design Company In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:19pm On Feb 21, 2016
The truth about it is wen an individual understands how to workaround a particular WordPress or joomla template he jst calls himself a web designer next you see on nairaland is all those 2k5 website designers wen u even check d quality of d job its jst poo. If u know ur worth u can't design even a good blog at 20k

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Identify A Good Web Design Company In Nigeria by Sibrah: 6:21pm On Feb 21, 2016
mnairaland:

I don't believe this.

I am mobile(opera mini s40) if not i would av searched it out for you. He claims to reside in PH and sampled over 400 sites he has on his portfolio.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Identify A Good Web Design Company In Nigeria by adewasco2k(m): 6:23pm On Feb 21, 2016
hmmmm.........................interesting!

i can design a simple website for 30k...infact i have done that before....that makes me a novice? hahahaha you aint know sh!t

it all boils down to the client involve, personally i dont design blogs! if i get contacted by some startups which i know cant afford much i make sure i get them the best at a very low cost 40-60k, if its an NGO that just want online presence, i may give it to my staff and charge the client nothing less than 100k, government website? as you know if i charge 1 million i am still on track grin

also not all clients will agree you put your name on the footer.

sorry to say but eloquent, you designed a site for Opsson and you did that on a WordPress platform with a WordPress theme you bought? WordPress is great but then Opsson can afford a custom build theme, just saying

3 Likes

Re: How To Identify A Good Web Design Company In Nigeria by emmalexdboy(m): 6:34pm On Feb 21, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Identify A Good Web Design Company In Nigeria by semasir: 6:41pm On Feb 21, 2016
Well said...... Functionality and specifications determine the price for any project.

I doubt the 20k of the current state of the economy except a scam

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Identify A Good Web Design Company In Nigeria by BLWeb: 6:55pm On Feb 21, 2016
Actually you don't need to blow your trumpet yourself when you say you are a good designer.
You have to show it by your works, and the number of clients you have worked for.
How many of these web designers show their work and samples on behance and dribble?

Like MyRWD, we ahave a growing profile on Behance, search for brilliantlights. You can see our samples at http://brilliantlightsmedia.com/candor, http://brilliantlightsmedia.com/global, http://brilliantlightsmedia.com/lando. If you want us to design great and beautifully crafted responsive website for your business, then you can reach us at http://myresponsivewebdesigns.com. We don't make a lot of noise, but we want our works to do that for us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Identify A Good Web Design Company In Nigeria by obims(f): 6:55pm On Feb 21, 2016
Op made salient points. I concur.
Www.pgresource.com fufills all the needs of a good web design company.
Check out our portfolio here :http://pgresource.com/portfolio

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Identify A Good Web Design Company In Nigeria by obims(f): 7:12pm On Feb 21, 2016
imohchard:
I charge less than 30k and you can check a few of my works and see if they are substandard.
Stsmart.com.ng
Read2leadng.com
Peridot germane.com

Etc..

Hmmnn! undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Identify A Good Web Design Company In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:15pm On Feb 21, 2016
imohchard:
Stsmart.com.ng
Read2leadng.com
Peridot germane.com

Etc..
tank u oga,,if one can't design a site 4 me with 30k,,I no dey 4 dat kain biz,,,its beta u start small,,den later on,,u can upgrade ur site

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Identify A Good Web Design Company In Nigeria by Benny95(m): 7:31pm On Feb 21, 2016
Sibrah:
chisos! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Identify A Good Web Design Company In Nigeria by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 7:35pm On Feb 21, 2016
Hmmm everbody they form Webdesigner... lol

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Someone Should Tell Me How To Download Videos From Youtube / How To Upload Mysql Database To Server / I Buy And Sell Bitcoins, Converts Gift Cards To Instant Cash In Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.