Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,943 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:38 AM

From Lagos To Igbo Land: My Business Move - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / From Lagos To Igbo Land: My Business Move (38205 Views)

Reason Why Tax Kills My Business In Nigeria See Solutions To Apply / "2 Years Ago I Started My Business With N30K But Now.."Nigerian Man Reveals.PICS / Anthony Enukem Tonimas: Champion Of Think Home Philosophy In Igbo Land-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From Lagos To Igbo Land: My Business Move by Zillionglobal(m): 6:51pm On Mar 10, 2016
Jonny, I laud your effort, I will be visiting enugu very soon and I will try as much as I can to locate you. Thumbs up for this inspirational ventures.

My advice to Nigerian youths who are graduates who are still searching for white collar job. Plz think agriculture, think business.

#Killpovertypunishunemployment

2 Likes

Re: From Lagos To Igbo Land: My Business Move by DRJECKYLL(m): 1:36am On Mar 11, 2016
JohnNgene:
Let me take advantage this Up NEPA to do this breakdown now. Has anyone noticed that power supply has dropped drastically? My free beans has dropped drastically too. Lol. Had to buy one painter of brown beans today for N700.

Here we go:

NgeneFarms.com (domain + hosting) 4180
MyMainMarket.com (two years domain) 3,960
Electric cooker 1,800
Gallon 550
Rechargeable lamp 700
Tap head 500
OKPA 2,700
Bags of pure water 400
Beer 3,000
Transportation (Okada + Keke) 2,800
Recharge cards 3,500
Charity work 5,500
Shoes (for my bestmanship. Lol) 6,000
Wedding expenses (transport, feeding etc) 3,000
Beans (one painter) 700
Snacking and brunching 1,250
Miscellaneous 5,000

That's 45,540 right? I had to add some other expenses that I forgot to include in the previous breakdowns. E.g. NgeneFarms.com under agriculture. I've also used the big grammar "miscellaneous" to cover up some expenses and exigencies that I can never remember. Lol. These small spending here small spending there are definitely the hardest part of finances to keep track of.

So in grand total, that's:
Agbani business 151,580
+
Amurri business 87,080
+
Agriculture 2,500
+
Others 45,540
= N286,700

N300,000 - N286,700 = N13,300

Now, N13,300 + N15,000 (thanks to Uncle Ken and Uncle Krucifax) =N28,300

Oh my God! From N300,000 to N28,300. Business no easy o! Lol.

So john i see that you have been spending. Have you been selling?. How is day to day business. Or have not decided to be up and running.
Re: From Lagos To Igbo Land: My Business Move by tbliss22(m): 3:36am On Mar 11, 2016
Johnny!!!
I'm really wowed by your well articulated write-ups, please I need to know the school you graduated from. 95% of our so called "graduates" out there can't do a lovely writ-ups of this nature.

Honestly bro I'm really trilled by your determination to do something irrespective of what naija economy is like and may the Good God bless your hustle.

I'm sure very soon you will start having a lot of boys under you who will be working for you and hundreds of thousands of naira will be flowing uncontrollably, one again I DUFF my HAT for your "will" to SUCCEED.

God bless you!!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: From Lagos To Igbo Land: My Business Move by grandstar(m): 5:57am On Mar 11, 2016
tbliss22:
Johnny!!!
I'm really wowed by your well articulated write-ups, please I need to know the school you graduated from. 95% of our so called "graduates" out there can't do a lovely writ-ups of this nature.

Honestly bro I'm really trilled by your determination to do something irrespective of what naija economy is like and may the Good God bless your hustle.

I'm sure very soon you will start having a lot of boys under you who will be working for you and hundreds of thousands of naira will be flowing uncontrollably, one again I DUFF my HAT for your "will" to SUCCEED.

God bless you!!
kings college

7 Likes

Re: From Lagos To Igbo Land: My Business Move by JohnNgene: 1:35pm On Mar 11, 2016
DRJECKYLL:

So john i see that you have been spending. Have you been selling?. How is day to day business. Or have not decided to be up and running.

How did you notice that I haven't declared my income? You must be an auditor or a tax collector. Lol. Yes, I've been up and running since February 18th.

According to my sales book, I've made N18,900 after the sale of 25 items. N9,100 is capital while N9,800 is profit. I used N7,100 to get more girdles and leggings last Saturday. I'll use the remaining N11,800 to get tights, more jumpsuits and rompers which my customers are demanding.

I wish I could do abracadabra and appear in Lagos to buy them. Lol. Lagos just has the kind of variety and affordability that I need but transport alone fit swallow the whole money. Lol. I guess I have to look for an alternative source in Enugu town, Onitsha or Aba.

People in this clothes business, any suggestions please?

2 Likes

Re: From Lagos To Igbo Land: My Business Move by Krucifax(m): 4:50pm On Mar 11, 2016
JohnNgene:
Let me take advantage this Up NEPA to do this breakdown now. Has anyone noticed that power supply has dropped drastically? My free beans has dropped drastically too. Lol. Had to buy one painter of brown beans today for N700.

Here we go:

NgeneFarms.com (domain + hosting) 4180
MyMainMarket.com (two years domain) 3,960
Electric cooker 1,800
Gallon 550
Rechargeable lamp 700
Tap head 500
OKPA 2,700
Bags of pure water 400
Beer 3,000
Transportation (Okada + Keke) 2,800
Recharge cards 3,500
Charity work 5,500
Shoes (for my bestmanship. Lol) 6,000
Wedding expenses (transport, feeding etc) 3,000
Beans (one painter) 700
Snacking and brunching 1,250
Miscellaneous 5,000

That's 45,540 right? I had to add some other expenses that I forgot to include in the previous breakdowns. E.g. NgeneFarms.com under agriculture. I've also used the big grammar "miscellaneous" to cover up some expenses and exigencies that I can never remember. Lol. These small spending here small spending there are definitely the hardest part of finances to keep track of.

So in grand total, that's:
Agbani business 151,580
+
Amurri business 87,080
+
Agriculture 2,500
+
Others 45,540
= N286,700

N300,000 - N286,700 = N13,300

Now, N13,300 + N15,000 (thanks to Uncle Ken and Uncle Krucifax) =N28,300

Oh my God! From N300,000 to N28,300. Business no easy o! Lol.

JohnNgene I can't claim someone else's contribution to your effort. It wasn't me who sent that money. I hadn't seen your reply to my message earlier so I haven't sent it yet. But I'm in front of my laptop now and it should reach your account in a maximum of two hours. So reply this message with the account details and I'll get it done asap. Pls confirm as soon as you get it. Cheers .

3 Likes

Re: From Lagos To Igbo Land: My Business Move by JohnNgene: 5:21pm On Mar 11, 2016
Krucifax:

JohnNgene I can't claim someone else's contribution to your effort. It wasn't me who sent that money. I hadn't seen your reply to my message earlier so I haven't sent it yet. But I'm in front of my laptop now and it should reach your account in a maximum of two hours. So reply this message with the account details and I'll get it done asap. Pls confirm as soon as you get it. Cheers .

Oh my God! Sorry for the mix up sir. I thought you were the one with the foreign phone number that sent me a text to confirm my account details o! No wonder! I kept wondering why the person's number began with 1202... instead of London's +4.

Here's my account details once again sir.

OR

Re: From Lagos To Igbo Land: My Business Move by Krucifax(m): 12:05am On Mar 12, 2016
@ JohnNgene I've just sent you N10,011.87. Because of the time of day now you may receive it on Monday morning in your GTB account. Please let me know when you do. God bless with your efforts. Cheers.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: From Lagos To Igbo Land: My Business Move by cooldipo(m): 7:36am On Mar 12, 2016
People don't know why i'm glued to Nairaland over the years......threads like this is one of my many reasons......i'm a budding entrepreneur ......no harm in trying....many are held back by their ego. God has help me break that during my service year in Enugu.....when i saw......let me not start an epistle here.... more grease to your elbow bro.

3 Likes

Re: From Lagos To Igbo Land: My Business Move by Demainman1: 9:00pm On Mar 12, 2016
Nice thread. Well done John. may God bless your effort.
Re: From Lagos To Igbo Land: My Business Move by JohnNgene: 4:27am On Mar 14, 2016
Krucifax:
@ JohnNgene I've just sent you N10,011.87. Because of the time of day now you may receive it on Monday morning in your GTB account. Please let me know when you do. God bless with your efforts. Cheers.

Uncle Krucifax, I just received the exact N10,011.87 few minutes ago. The alert woke me up at 3:59am. Oh, what a wonderful way to be woken up on a Monday morning. Lol. Thank you sir. May God's financial favour and blessings wake you up every Monday morning. Amen!

20 Likes

Re: From Lagos To Igbo Land: My Business Move by JohnNgene: 7:32am On Mar 14, 2016
Everyone, please thank God for me o! There was a very forceful wind blowing yesterday. The rain it brought wasn't as heavy as we all thought it would be.

Well, the wind brought down one of our old palm trees. Thank God the fallen palm tree didn't bring down the fence when it fell on it. And thank God my father came for a traditional marriage on Saturday. That means he was around on Sunday to witness the windy rainfall and pay the N2,000 for this man to cut up the fallen palm tree with his chainsaw.

I no get N2,000 to pay for unexpected expenses abeg. Lol.

4 Likes

Re: From Lagos To Igbo Land: My Business Move by JohnNgene: 8:39pm On Mar 16, 2016
My body has decided to remind me that "body no be firewood". Lol. I noticed that my body was weak yesterday but I ignored it and did my usual morning farm work. Then this morning, I was blowing my nose. Yet I had no choice but to ignore my body again and water my vegetables.

The biggest mistake I made was when I ate two unripe mangos. I haven't tasted any mango for over one year. So I guess my long-throat overpowered me. Lol. After eating the unripe mangos, I ate beans and garri. When I got to Agbani, my neighbour bought me soyamilk. Of course, I long-throatfully drank it. Lol.

My stomach started a violent coup around 11am. My nose was runny. My hanky dealt with my nose but I didn't know what to do about my stomach. By 2:30pm it was worse. I started contemplating if I should close my shop and take an okada home.

I went to my cousin's boutique to tell him my predicament. He laughed with pity.

Him: Let me take you to the school where you go shit
Me: Toilet dey there?
Him: Na for bush o!
Me: Thank you my brother

And off we went. I bought tissue paper N50, entered his okada, he took me to the ESUT bush and I did my thing.

Me: God bless you my brother. You don save me today.
Him: No wahala.

Later on, he had to close shop around 6pm instead of around 7pm because of me and my stomach. God bless my cousin.

I'm home now. Weak, blowing my nose and still purging. I hope to be strong enough for tomorrow's Eke market day.

Good night everyone. And remember sey your body no be firewood. Lol.

3 Likes

Re: From Lagos To Igbo Land: My Business Move by JohnNgene: 10:52pm On Mar 16, 2016
I've been purging and purging and purging since I said good night. Later on, I started to feel the urge to vomit. I left the toilet seat to lean on the bath tub. No vomit. I took a bucket to my room in case the vomit came while I was lying down. No vomit.

It was only few minutes ago, around some minutes past ten when I woke up to purge again that the vomit finally poured out. So sorry for the graphic picture if your eyes are allergic to such sights. Lol.

I feel much better now. Though hungry. I'll check the chemist tomorrow and explain what happened to me today. I'm suspecting the popular "do not eat mango and drink garri" warning I've always heard since I was a little boy.

Doctors in the house, please what is your diagnosis? See how I'm stylishly asking for free medical advice. I too like free things. Lol.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: From Lagos To Igbo Land: My Business Move by naijacutee(f): 7:18am On Mar 18, 2016
Sorry to hear you've been ill, John. I think you've had food poisoning. It isn't major - you need to drink plenty of water, and rest a lot. Here's more about it here: http://www.nhs.uk/CONDITIONS/FOOD-POISONING/Pages/Treatment.aspx

Who's going to open your shop though?
Have you spoken to your friend Obinna? I called him over the weekend.
Get well soon.

8 Likes

Re: From Lagos To Igbo Land: My Business Move by JohnNgene: 3:04pm On Mar 18, 2016
naijacutee:
Sorry to hear you've been ill, John. I think you've had food poisoning. It isn't major - you need to drink plenty of water, and rest a lot. Here's more about it here: http://www.nhs.uk/CONDITIONS/FOOD-POISONING/Pages/Treatment.aspx

Who's going to open your shop though?
Have you spoken to your friend Obinna? I called him over the weekend.
Get well soon.

Aunty Naijacutee, thanks for caring. I felt 80% better after the vomiting. The next day, I dropped my poisoned stomach at home and went to open my shop kam jee kpata ego as a real Igbo man mu bu! Lol.

Yes. Obinna called me few minutes ago. Please check your email ma. So that I'll know what next to do.

1 Like

Re: From Lagos To Igbo Land: My Business Move by JohnNgene: 5:33pm On Mar 18, 2016
This is a picture of my vegetable farm that I took this morning. The ugu is growing and I've staked them with sticks so that they can climb. My greatest challenge has been weeds and grasses. Especially the grass. Uprooting them with just your bare hands is a waste of time. You'll have to use a hoe to dig out their deep wicked roots. And you must be careful so that you don't harm your plants in the process. Or else, the grasses will laugh at you. Lol.

2 Likes

Re: From Lagos To Igbo Land: My Business Move by JohnNgene: 9:18pm On Mar 19, 2016
Good evening ladies and gentlemen. Guess what? Yesterday (March 18th) marked exactly one month since I started my Agbani business. So I took this picture yesterday to celebrate. Lol.

Business has been growing gradually. Last week was especially good. Sold two items on the 7th, three items on the 8th, SIX items on the 9th, one item on the 10th and one item on the 11th. Even on the 12th that I couldn't open shop, two of my customers later told me that they checked on me. Wow! I wish every week will be like last week and everyday like that 9th. Unfortunately, una know sey everyday no be Christmas. Lol.

In fact, this week was very slow. I didn't sell anything on the 14th, 16th and today the 19th. I know the reason. Many ESUT students have finished their exams and are already traveling for the Easter break. The good thing's that they'll come back with money after the holidays. Lol. The bad part's that Agbani will be dull for about one or two weeks while they're away. Sighs.

Oooh! I'll miss the beautiful faces of my customers. Most especially the handsome faces on their cash. Lol.

You are all welcome to visit me if you're in Agbani. I'm at 44 Enugu road, Agbani. My small container that looks like a woman's sexy wardrobe (lol) is between a pharmacy shop and an okada-mechanic's place. Just make sure you come loaded with cash to buy something for yourself if you're a lady or for your wife/girlfriend if you're a guy. Even if you're a single guy, you must buy something for your sister, aunty, niece, cousin or even your female neighbour. Una no go escape me o! Lol.

17 Likes

Re: From Lagos To Igbo Land: My Business Move by JohnNgene: 3:36pm On Mar 20, 2016
Omoteamac, radiokilla, pavore9, enterpro, vanndubi, gowaga68, platinumventure, mujeebmuhsin, samyj247, abidex35, chiwex, ferhyntorlah, 1money, bitingcool, sweetboiy, spyder880, chidekings, sunsewa, sonnie10, henrimoto, krucifax, momcherry, whirlwind7, moshoodn, layzie, bigx, naijacutee, darkenkach, grandstar, ewizard1, bre, lukinguy, cova, chumachuchu, drjeckyll, phranseeqz, jakpayen, donifez, dadebayo1, cyberterrorist, weselion, atlanticbreeze, highestpopori, initialize, jamela, asids55, egunmogaji, zillionglobal, tbliss22, cooldipo, demainman1 and every other silent reader, come and eat o! Food is ready. Lol.

If you're wondering what that whitish stuff on the jollof rice is, it's mayonnaise. It makes the rice taste as if there's salad in it. I don teach una new style. Lol.

You people should just better say "John, thank you. Enjoy yourself!" because I can't feed fifty-something Nigerian mouths with this my small plate of rice anyway. Lol. Or there's another solution. I can give you guys one mbembe each. Mbembe is what we call the velvet tamarind (Didn't even know it had an English name. I learnt it on Nairaland last week. Lol) icheleku (Igbo), awin (yoruba), licky licky (pidgin) here in Amurri.

I wish all of you a happy Easter holiday in advance.

13 Likes

Re: From Lagos To Igbo Land: My Business Move by Nobody: 3:44pm On Mar 20, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Carry on!

4 Likes

Re: From Lagos To Igbo Land: My Business Move by dadebayo1(m): 4:23pm On Mar 20, 2016
JohnNgene:
Omoteamac, radiokilla, pavore9, enterpro, vanndubi, gowaga68, platinumventure, mujeebmuhsin, samyj247, abidex35, chiwex, ferhyntorlah, 1money, bitingcool, sweetboiy, spyder880, chidekings, sunsewa, sonnie10, henrimoto, krucifax, momcherry, whirlwind7, moshoodn, layzie, bigx, naijacutee, darkenkach, grandstar, ewizard1, bre, lukinguy, cova, chumachuchu, drjeckyll, phranseeqz, jakpayen, donifez, dadebayo1, cyberterrorist, weselion, atlanticbreeze, highestpopori, initialize, jamela, asids55, egunmogaji, zillionglobal, tbliss22, cooldipo, demainman1 and every other silent reader, come and eat o! Food is ready. Lol.

If you're wondering what that whitish stuff on the jollof rice is, it's mayonnaise. It makes the rice taste as if there's salad in it. I don teach una new style. Lol.

You people should just better say "John, thank you. Enjoy yourself!" because I can't feed fifty-something Nigerian mouths with this my small plate of rice anyway. Lol. Or there's another solution. I can give you guys one mbembe each. Mbembe is what we call the velvet tamarind (Didn't even know it had an English name. I learnt it on Nairaland last week. Lol) icheleku (Igbo), awin (yoruba), licky licky (pidgin) here in Amurri.

Bros john.. Happy easter, thanks so much and more blessings upon your business.. Thanks for the quote i sincerly apriciate it... GOD bless.. Lollll at mayonaise making the jollof taste like there is salad.... Bros i hail u ooo... Have u finished all the bushmeat nii

5 Likes

Re: From Lagos To Igbo Land: My Business Move by Tinyemeka(m): 6:33pm On Mar 20, 2016
JohnNgene:
I asked for a surprise and I just got an unpleasant one. Lol.

While I was uploading my previous post, a man from the Enugu State Ministry of Commerce and Industry walked up to my shop and served me this demand notice (see the paper in the picture).

He had come with another man about two weeks ago. That time they said I'll pay N4,000 for registration instead of only N2,000 for renewal. This time around, this man has written N7,000 and disappeared before I could even protest or question him. Nawa o! Lol.

It's not funny though. I had to meet my landlord to put me through.

Landlord: Call Friday (Friday's the former owner of my container), ask for his business premises receipt and continue the payment from where he stopped.

Me: Ok. Thank you sir.

I really hope I don't pay more than N2,000 for this business premises thing. The next people to show up will be the Enugu State Waste Management Authority. Oh no!

Meanwhile, my business neighbour just told me that the landlord's suggestion won't work.

Me: Why na?

Him: Friday was doing a different business (phone accessories and repairs) and they have an association. When these people come, they meet as an association and contribute N200 each.

Me: Chai! What do I do now?

Him: Don't worry! I'll talk to somebody into this your kind of business so that you can join their own association.

Me: Thanks bro.

Him: How you go pay them 7thousand? Them dey craze?

Association of Clothes Sellers, here I come. Lol.

Whoever issued you that demand notice has fraudulent intent. Check behind that document and see if your kind of shop is listed there (which I strongly doubt). There is no way you'll be asked to pay N7,000. And then those payments are supposed to be made through bank deposits (I think through PayDirect) but the wicked evil spirit struck them out and wrote his phone number there so that you'd have to do it through him.

Sorry if my comment is belated o. I stumbled upon your thread few minutes ago.

6 Likes

Re: From Lagos To Igbo Land: My Business Move by JohnNgene: 7:54pm On Mar 20, 2016
Tinyemeka:

Whoever issued you that demand notice has fraudulent intent. Check behind that document and see if your kind of shop is listed there (which I strongly doubt). There is no way you'll be asked to pay N7,000. And then those payments are supposed to be made through bank deposits (I think through PayDirect) but the wicked evil spirit struck them out and wrote his phone number there so that you'd have to do it through him.

Sorry if my comment is belated o. I stumbled upon your thread few minutes ago.

Your comment is not belated sir. I haven't paid yet. I checked the back of the document that same day and rigorously searched for my business type under the "description of business" column there.

These are the ones I found to be nearest to the description of my own shop amongst the 238 business types listed:

Boutiques/shoes/babies/ fancy (small)
Registration 2,000
Renewal 1,000

Second hand cloth (small)
Registration 4,000
Renewal 2,000

I don't sell only okirika. Lol. So I ticked the boutiques (small) description of course and confronted the man with his document the next time he came.

He: Iji di two thousand kita? (Are you with the N2,000 now?)
Me: Mba! Mgbe ozo ibiara (No! Next time you come)

So you see? The man was probably just hoping that I'll be ignorant enough to call him to plead and negotiate with him without checking the back of the document. God don catch am. Lol.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Lagos To Igbo Land: My Business Move by Bre(f): 9:29pm On Mar 20, 2016
JohnNgene:

Happy Easter dear, hope you enjoy the season well well smiley
Re: From Lagos To Igbo Land: My Business Move by Tinyemeka(m): 12:44am On Mar 21, 2016
JohnNgene:

Your comment is not belated sir. I haven't paid yet. I checked the back of the document that same day and rigorously searched for my business type under the "description of business" column there.

These are the ones I found to be nearest to the description of my own shop amongst the 238 business types listed:

Boutiques/shoes/babies/ fancy (small)
Registration 2,000
Renewal 1,000

Second hand cloth (small)
Registration 4,000
Renewal 2,000

I don't sell only okirika. Lol. So I ticked the boutiques (small) description of course and confronted the man with his document the next time he came.

He: Iji di two thousand kita? (Are you with the N2,000 now?)
Me: Mba! Mgbe ozo ibiara (No! Next time you come)

So you see? The man was probably just hoping that I'll be ignorant enough to call him to plead and negotiate with him without checking the back of the document. God don catch am. Lol.

Kk. You try.

But that as it may, do not give him that cash, else you'd have just thrown your money away. All such demand notices are supposed to be paid at the bank. Then take your bank deposit slip copy with the payment e-receipt (Paydirect printout) to the genuine tax official to be issued your demand notice receipt. That dep slip copy and printout can cover you though.

Nna I like what you are doing at your place. It takes a brave heart and persistent spirit. Keep it up. That pic of you sitting in your shop touched me deeply. How do you intend to manage the 2 (abi 3?) shops by the time they are all running?

Did you finish from ESUT? If you did I'd be shocked O. Cos you write waaaaay better than some ESUT graduate acquaintances of mine who work in the bank (apologies to ESUT alumni in the house o bikokwa. smiley Na the ones wey I see).

More power to your elbow brother.

P. S. By the time you'd have saved some coins, give a thought to trying your hand at fish farming if there is still space in your daddy's compound (are you the first son? smiley ) I believe there are joints in that area and female students are bound to patronize the stuff. Well you know best.

2 Likes

Re: From Lagos To Igbo Land: My Business Move by Tinyemeka(m): 12:51am On Mar 21, 2016
JohnNgene:
I can give you guys one mbembe each. Mbembe is what we call the velvet tamarind (Didn't even know it had an English name. I learnt it on Nairaland last week. Lol) icheleku (Igbo), awin (yoruba), licky licky (pidgin) here in Amurri.

Tsamiyan biri (Hausa). First time I'd know what the English name is. Make I cram am. smiley

1 Like

Re: From Lagos To Igbo Land: My Business Move by Baroba(m): 2:14am On Mar 21, 2016
John Nwa Ngene, you are a real gem, your passion and determination to succeed in a country that can easily break you has not gone unnoticed.. Picture of you sitting in that container equally moved me plus your Ugu farm.. May God continue to bless you bro..

Please be weary of those hungry extortionist parading themselves in Enugu as government officials, My family had numerous run ins with these crooks, but we showed them pepper. Always seek advice before making payment to anyone, If not ; you will have different shades of criminals linning up to collect their own "share". Never ever be intimidated by anyone, " Enugu ada azukwa ndi ngbu"...

As your business grows, consider Tinyemeka's advice on ventures such fish farming, even rearing grasscutters.. Knowing how Ndigbo love grasscutter meat, i will like to see a young man that will be brave enough to rear them on the same scale as a poultry farm, You sabi say 042 bu obodo ndi na Aku kpoli grin.Equally, diaspora Igbo's are always hunting for places to buy Bush meat during Xmas, plus ndi hotel and joints..If you know me am against hunting and depleting wildlife for food, so farming them will be a welcomed alternative for conservationist like me cool, If that your cousin that maimed and killed a civet cat with his medieval trap was farming nchi he might not need his traps anymore grin...Anyway, I have a beautiful easy and straight to the point PDF on grasscutter rearing I got from a dutch agro research firm online, am quite happy to send it to you if you are interested..

Please accept my 10k transfer contribution to this amazing journey you have started, as Nwa 042, like Zoro said in Ogene, " aburo m onye obia" born and bred, I use to come to Agbani back in the day for early saturday morning fresh Pammy and anu nchi at Alufuoaku joint all the way from Trans with my boys, but I call Eke na UDI home, though I haven't been back for three years.. My cousin is even married to Nwa chief unu, Unateze Narra Igwe Ogbucheesy, story for another day..

Apologies for the long epistle and going off topic atimes.. I will stop by whenever I enter 042..Jisike

I will hit you up on whatsapp..udo

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: From Lagos To Igbo Land: My Business Move by Pavore9: 5:50am On Mar 21, 2016
JohnNgene:

As per apples you talked about in an earlier post, the red stark apple variety (the one in the picture) will do well at your place, first harvest should be about after one year of planting but it must be within a fenced space or else it will become community owned! cheesy

Look into the cultivation of lettuce, cucumber, spring onion etc they are less than 3 months crops.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Lagos To Igbo Land: My Business Move by gowaga68: 9:03am On Mar 21, 2016
Pavore9:

As per apples you talked about in an earlier post, the red stark apple variety (the one in the picture) will do well at your place, first harvest should be about after one year of planting but it must be within a fenced space or else it will become community owned! cheesy

Look into the cultivation of lettuce, cucumber, spring onion etc they are less than 3 months crops.

Where can one get seedlings?
Re: From Lagos To Igbo Land: My Business Move by Pavore9: 10:12am On Mar 21, 2016
gowaga68:

Where can one get seedlings?

Which seedlings?
Re: From Lagos To Igbo Land: My Business Move by JohnNgene: 1:02pm On Mar 21, 2016
Pavore9:

Wow! Are you serious? Can it really grow here in my village? Is this red stark apple the same as those red apples I see being sold by fruit shops?

1 Like

Re: From Lagos To Igbo Land: My Business Move by JohnNgene: 5:15pm On Mar 21, 2016
Everybody please help me say thank you to Uncle Baroba. I received N10,000 from him this afternoon. Chukwu gozie wu sir.

I now have more than enough money to roof my village container but I've decided to take Chiwex' advice to concentrate on one business before doing another. I want to grow the Agbani shop and the vegetable farm before opening the village shop.

Although to be honest, the real reason I'm putting the village business on hold is that I realised that making my little cousin the manager as I had initially planned won't be wise. Why?

1) He's rude and disrespectful to me, his elder brothers and even his mum. Remember that day the wind brought down our palm tree? I sent him to get me their own sharp cutlass so I'd use it to cut something, the boy stubbornly stood his ground and said to me, "I can't go back to the house again o!" Can you imagine that? A boy I'm older than with more than ten years. Under normal circumstances, I would've reset his brain with a thunderous slap. Lol. But he's suffering from diabetes and could've collapsed if I did. That day I thought very deeply. If my little cousin can't run a simple errand for me how do I expect him to handle my business? What if he extends his rudeness and disrespect to my village customers?

2) I noticed that he steals little things from me.

3) I read Peter Okoye's explosive interview about his fallout with his elder brother. It made me realise that family is best separated from business.

4) I'm not paying rent on the village container. The land belongs to a member of my extended family whom my grandfather did a lot for. They even refused to take the wine I bought to thank them. Lol.

5) The goods I've bought (cds, electricals and phone accessories) do not expire.

6) The N35,000 that Uncles Ken, Krucifax, Nwa Orlu and Baroba have donated to me can be used to stock up my Agbani shop.

7) My future wife can run the village business for me. Lol.

Please what do you people think about my decision?

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Photo Of A University Graduate Selling Moimoi (pic) / Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches / 103 Nigerian Products Rejected Abroad –FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.