Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:15 PM

Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? (15802 Views)

Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? / Atheism And Morality; Do Atheists Have A Foundation For Morality / Why Do Atheists Hate God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by CoolUsername: 7:02pm On Feb 21, 2016
Amberon:
Lmao... Atheists tho. How exactly is it criticism to Tell the Truth the away it is Sir? is there a NEW meaning for that word?

The Jews would beg to differ. Jesus' 'Truth' wasn't theirs, he didn't observe the Law, he didn't liberate Israel like the Prophets predicted. In summary, he didn't meet the requirements of the Messiah. Also, the fact that you agree with his criticism doesn't mean it isn't, some of you theists are too biased to argue honestly.
Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by ronald4lif(m): 7:06pm On Feb 21, 2016
sonofthunder:

sorry... I didn't see 'lame...' was a compliment.

Lame is not a contemptible remark. Lame evinces weak or ineffectual posture or anything with less meaning.

Lame retort was saying weak argument. Please stop spamming my mentions if you've nothing topical to brainstorm about.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by onetrack(m): 7:08pm On Feb 21, 2016
Amberon:
Thats like saying Hitler didn't attack the Jews but Judaism. An attack on Christianity is an attack on Christians. Either Way's, we aren't moved.

Nonsense, Hitler attacked the Jews and Judaism. There is a big difference between attacking people and attacking ideas.
Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by onetrack(m): 7:09pm On Feb 21, 2016
Speechless3:
Its your headache not mine

No one ever said that being a missionary was easy. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by onetrack(m): 7:11pm On Feb 21, 2016
Amberon:
Did Christ criticize people's beliefs? No! Christianity is the religion with the highest level of tolerance. USA, Canada and UK are the most welcoming and liberal Nations in the world and theyre all christian Nations. The South of Nigeria is another example.

The Jains have managed 2500 years without a single war in the name of religion. They have the Christians beat.
Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Feb 21, 2016
CoolUsername:

The Jews would beg to differ. Jesus' 'Truth' wasn't theirs, he didn't observe the Law, he didn't liberate Israel like the Prophets predicted. In summary, he didn't meet the requirements of the Messiah. Also, the fact that you agree with his criticism doesn't mean it isn't, some of you theists are too biased to argue honestly.
How can the creature know better than the creator? Who made the law? Who dictates how it is to be observed? You?
Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by sonofthunder: 7:24pm On Feb 21, 2016
ronald4lif:

Lame is not a contemptible remark. Lame evinces weak or ineffectual posture or anything with less meaning.

Lame retort was saying weak argument. Please stop spamming my mentions if you've nothing topical to brainstorm about.
sorry sir... please continue in your pride
Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by opeaceo: 7:29pm On Feb 21, 2016
sonofthunder:
now its insults?...
I just tire, he is frustrated with Life.
Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by opeaceo: 7:29pm On Feb 21, 2016
sonofthunder:
now its insults?...
Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by ronald4lif(m): 7:31pm On Feb 21, 2016
sonofthunder:

sorry sir... please continue in your pride

Don't sir me. Discombobulated cretin. undecided
Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by ronald4lif(m): 7:33pm On Feb 21, 2016
opeaceo:

Who be this one again. Refer to me directly than acting cowardly. And you seem to have something in common with the term frustration, what's the obsession about?
Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by opeaceo: 7:37pm On Feb 21, 2016
ronald4lif:

Who be this one again. Refer to me directly than acting cowardly. And you seem to have something in common with the term frustration, what's the obsession about?

Acting cowardly?? Are you a giant that I should be scared of? Do you have bigger brains than I do?? Or you think you're more sensible??

Wait ooh, so anytime I see your monicker I should pee isn't??

Oga, respect yaself.
Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by opeaceo: 7:38pm On Feb 21, 2016
ronald4lif:

awwww, that word gives you migraine shey?? You don't wanna admit you're old?? lmfao...
Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by CoolUsername: 7:39pm On Feb 21, 2016
Amberon:
Why is the Holocaust not Worthy of mention? you do realise that the criticisms were initially peacful yh?

Don't Christians criticize Muslims, do you want to kill them all?

Like I've said before I love Christians and Muslims but I dislike Christianity and Islam. So don't equate criticism to persecution. It's untrue.
Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by ronald4lif(m): 7:43pm On Feb 21, 2016
opeaceo:

Acting cowardly?? Are you a giant that I should be scared of? Do you have bigger brains than I do?? Or you think you're more sensible??

Wait ooh, so anytime I see your monicker I should pee isn't??

Oga, respect yaself.

I'm more shrewd, learned and can floor you in any topic whatsoever including any religious debate. I've more nous on my little finger than you have in your celebrum and that's me putting in mildly.

If you're referring to me do so directly or tag me so I can address your folly. Any thing less is cowardly.
Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by ronald4lif(m): 7:46pm On Feb 21, 2016
opeaceo:

awwww, that word gives you migraine shey?? You don't wanna admit you're old?? lmfao...

Look, miss cocotte, I really have little patience in engaging dweebs and if and when I do I expect someone with some ounce of sense, not one with a single digit IQ like yourself. Are you always this stupíd or just today?
Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by Ranchhoddas: 7:48pm On Feb 21, 2016
An2elect2:
Amen. Of course there is something great and worthy of envy in Christianity. Who wouldn't be pissed with it. I keep saying it, if i was not a christian i'ld be mad at christianity, christians and the Christian God cos how dare they all speak with such pride, confidence and assurance! hahaha.

The last line is awesome, well said girl!

If your signature is true...why bother preaching?
Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by CoolUsername: 7:48pm On Feb 21, 2016
Speechless3:
How can the creature know better than the creator? Who made the law? Who dictates how it is to be observed? You?

These are the things that grind the Jews' gears about Jesus:

According to Torah, the Messiah will:
1. Ezekiel 37:26-28: Build the Third Temple
2. Isaiah 43:5-6: Gather all Jews back to the Land of Israel
3. Isaiah 2:4: Usher in an era of world peace, and end all hatred, oppression, suffering and disease. "Nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall man learn war anymore."
4. Zechariah 14:9: Spread universal knowledge of the G-d of Israel - uniting the entire human race as one: "G-d will be King over all the world —on that day, G-d will be One and His Name will be One"

Jesus fulfilled none of these messianic prophecies. Additionally:
Jesus was not a prophet. Prophecy could only exist in Israel when the land is inhabited by a majority of world Jewry. During the time of Ezra (~300 BCE) the majority of Jews refused to move from Babylon to Israel, thus prophecy ended upon the death of the last prophets (Haggai, Zechariah and Malachi). Jesus appeared on the scene approximately 350 years after prophecy had ended.

Jesus was not descended from King David. Per Genesis 49:10 and Isaiah 11:1, the Messiah must be descended on his father's side from King David. However, according to the Christian claim that Jesus was the product of a virgin birth, he had no father -- and thus could not have possibly fulfilled the messianic requirement of being descended on his father's side from King David! The Christian idea of a virgin birth is derived from a verse in Isaiah describing an "alma" as giving birth. The word "alma" has always meant a young woman, but Christian theologians came centuries later and translated it as "virgin." This accords Jesus' birth with the first century pagan idea of mortals being impregnated by G-ds. Tradition teaches that the Messiah will lead the Jewish people to full Torah observance. Deut. 13:1-4 states that all mitzvahs remain binding forever, and anyone coming to change the Torah is immediately identified as a false prophet. Throughout the New Testament, Jesus contradicts the Torah and states its commandments are no longer applicable. (John 1:45 and 9:16, Acts 3:22 and 7:37)

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by opeaceo: 7:51pm On Feb 21, 2016
ronald4lif:

I'm more shrewd, learned and can floor you in any topic whatsoever including any religious debate. I've more nous on my little finger than you have in your celebrum and that's me putting in mildly.

If you're referring to me do so directly or tag me so I can address your folly. Any thing less is cowardly.

Haaan, look at the old little boy shaking as he is typing, I'm sure you had to go through the dictionary to type that isn't it?? Tell me, I won't tell anyone.

Get off my mentions poopyhead.
Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by opeaceo: 7:58pm On Feb 21, 2016
ronald4lif:

Look, miss cocotte, I really have little patience in engaging dweebs and if and when I do I expect someone with some ounce of sense, not one with a single digit IQ like yourself. Are you always this stupíd or just today?

You have little patience and "you don die ontop my matter".

Insignificant " kpim".

And to think a tree out there is producing the oxygen you need to live, you owe it an apology.

Trust me, I won't reply your mentions again, it is scary to think that people like you are allowed to breathe.
Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by ronald4lif(m): 8:00pm On Feb 21, 2016
opeaceo:

Haaan, look at the old little boy shaking as he is typing, I'm sure you had to go through the dictionary to type that isn't it?? Tell me, I won't tell anyone.

Get off my mentions poopyhead.

Lol. Go through the dictionary to engage you? A numpty? Humor me tart.

Like I told you earlier, you don't quote someone you want off your mentions. But you're too retarded to grasp that aren't you? Psychedelic id1ot.
Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by ronald4lif(m): 8:04pm On Feb 21, 2016
opeaceo:

You have little patience and "you don die ontop my matter".

Insignificant " kpim".

And to think a tree out there is producing the oxygen you need to live, you owe it an apology.

Trust me, I won't reply your mentions again, it is scary to think that people like you are allowed to breathe.

Lame retort as your stupefied self. I've made more impact in the world than your wretched and inutile self can ever be even to your closest knit. It was a grave mistake not to have aborted you. Chump!
Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by Amberon: 8:33pm On Feb 21, 2016
its nonsense because the Truth eludes you.
onetrack:

Nonsense, Hitler attacked the Jews and Judaism. There is a big difference between attacking people and attacking ideas.
Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by Weah96: 9:38pm On Feb 21, 2016
Speechless3:
There are so many motives, number is not one of them smiley

What do you think it it is? Could it be that Christianity is the one true religion and we're all possessed by demons, Or that atheists in the West and Africa have been inundated by the sheer number and accompanying nonsense of Christians for too long?
Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by analice107: 10:04pm On Feb 21, 2016
onetrack:

Because most of us are actually agnostic, meaning that we could accept the existence of a god if there were any evidence.

Sounds like Christians and Muslims as well.
How does that sound to you, wanting to see an evidence of a spirit in the realm of the natural.
Typical of Satan.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Feb 21, 2016
coolUsername please easy on the balderdash you typing. grin All those prophecies have been fulfilled and are still being fulfilled. I understand your confusion tho, you are taking the prophecies literally without seeking for interpretation.

TN: The same author that said he would do, is the same that said it is finished.
Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Feb 21, 2016
Weah96:

What do you think it it is? Could it be that Christianity is the one true religion and we're all possessed by demons, Or that atheists in the West and Africa have been inundated by the sheer number and accompanying nonsense of Christians for too long?
undecided You have cooked your senses.
Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Feb 21, 2016
ronald4lif:

Lame retort as your stupefied self. I've made more impact in the world than your wretched and inutile self can ever be even to your closest knit. It was a grave mistake not to have aborted you. Chump!
hmmmmm! Why are you mad!
Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by CoolUsername: 10:20pm On Feb 21, 2016
Speechless3:
coolUsername please easy on the balderdash you typing. grin All those prophecies have been fulfilled and are still being fulfilled. I understand your confusion tho, you are taking the prophecies literally without seeking for interpretation.

TN: The same author that said he would do, is the same that said it is finished.

No you see that's the problem, there's no reference point from the Jew's point of view. They use the Old Testament, and Jesus simply didn't fit the description, what are they supposed to do.

I know that a perfect god would won't cause so much discord among his faithfuls for no reason whatsoever.

And that is one of the reasons that I don't believe in any religion's depiction of God or gods.
Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by sonofthunder: 10:22pm On Feb 21, 2016
ronald4lif:

yep ... he didn't insult me there. ...
Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by sonofthunder: 10:24pm On Feb 21, 2016
Speechless3:
hmmmmm! Why are you mad!
didn't I tell you he was empty?
I'm not philosophising... the preacher who ruled in Jerusalem perfectly describes these people.
Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by ronald4lif(m): 10:26pm On Feb 21, 2016
Speechless3:
hmmmmm! Why are you mad!

I ain't mi novia, just my own lil way of having fun. wink

sonofthunder:

yep ... he didn't insult me there.

I did and I'm unapologetic about it. You don't quote my comment out of context and expect a pat on the back.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Dreams: What Are The Implications Of Not Dreaming Or Remembering Your Dreams? / What Is The Role Of Santa Claus In Christianity And Christmas? / 7 Things You Must Never Ever Forget As A Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.