Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,455 members, 7,801,119 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:12 AM

Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? (15754 Views)

Why Do Atheists Shift The Burden Of Proof? / Atheism And Morality; Do Atheists Have A Foundation For Morality / Why Do Atheists Hate God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by Nobody: 11:36pm On Feb 22, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
I am now convinced that the lot of you are confused
Sweetheart but you have not said anything
Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by An2elect2(f): 6:19am On Feb 23, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
I am now convinced that the lot of you are confused
Smh, only if i had known you were this foolish
Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by cloudgoddess(f): 6:59am On Feb 23, 2016
Most atheists I'm aware of criticize Christianity and Islam relatively equally. But the reasons to target Christianity directly are pretty obvious - it's leading as the most pervasive, influencial, and powerful religious force in most parts of Nigeria and the western world. It allows for so much delusion (modern day "prophecies" that all contradict eachother), misinformation (especially regarding science), brainwashing (of children and gullible churchgoers ready to give up their hard earned money for "blessings"), and all around inhibition of the potential of the human race.

No one is attacking Buddhists or Hindus because for the most part, they aren't dumbing everyone down, denying science, stealing people's money, corrupting governments, and all the other unpleasant things Christianity tends to do.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by HardMirror(m): 7:13am On Feb 23, 2016
Speechless3:
It could be there is something in it.

It keeps reinforcing my belief, that Christianity is the right path to God.

Is God using atheism as one of the tools to test his church and purify it?

Are atheists freely attacking christians or they are being "programmed" to? undecided

I am a theist, i choose common sense.
Cos christians are good sport. Your arguments are one of the dumbest, and we love musing at such stupidity. This is the honest truth. It is both entertaining and annoying to engage christians in discussions. the feeling is sort of addictive
Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by HardMirror(m): 7:17am On Feb 23, 2016
opeaceo:
Honestly speaking, I wish I knew, Most of them start off with "If there is a God...", since you don't believe in God, why use the preposition " if"??

Instead of them to invest their energy into something worthwhile and beneficial or seek knowledge in their new found "path", NO, they'll rather quote phrases that they cant ordinarily explain, argue at the mention of the name of Jesus; arguments to waste time, arguments that won't benefit anyone, arguments that would lead no one nowhere.

Why do you watch movies?
That is the same reason why we engage christians. We enjoy it. You don't know how dumb you sound until you are free from your delusions. You guys are good entertainment
Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by HardMirror(m): 7:20am On Feb 23, 2016
opeaceo:
Honestly speaking, I wish I knew, Most of them start off with "If there is a God...", since you don't believe in God, why use the preposition " if"??

Instead of them to invest their energy into something worthwhile and beneficial or seek knowledge in their new found "path", NO, they'll rather quote phrases that they cant ordinarily explain, argue at the mention of the name of Jesus; arguments to waste time, arguments that won't benefit anyone, arguments that would lead no one nowhere.

Is that you in your dp? Wow! Your boyfriend looks rugged, he would be good for security
Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by Nobody: 7:22am On Feb 23, 2016
HardMirror:

[s]Cos christians are good sport. Your arguments are one of the dumbest, and we love musing at such stupidity. This is the honest truth. It is both entertaining and annoying to engage christians in discussions. the feeling is sort of addictive[/s]
Sorry i dont do anus-thinking.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by HardMirror(m): 7:31am On Feb 23, 2016
Speechless3:
Sorry i dont do anus-thinking.
Hehehehe I just love christians cheesy Keep up the good job, one of your biggest fans here wink
Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by JAYMIC: 7:47am On Feb 23, 2016
analice107:

Keep off the weed, will you?
A mad man sees every1 mad... Haha. I dnt min ofenz oo. Cos u sniff weed doesnt min ol do. Nmeehh, ntoorrh. Hehe
Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by opeaceo: 7:52am On Feb 23, 2016
HardMirror:

Is that you in your dp? Wow! Your boyfriend looks rugged, he would be good for security

Ooh dear, you're getting it wrong, thats not me on me on my dp, those are my boyfriend(s) and guess what, they are used for security.

You almost got that right, don't worry, I'll buy you a jar of honey, your life is so bitter this morning or wait, no food to eat? or no water to drink? I'm sowie, I'm not the cause.
Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by opeaceo: 7:57am On Feb 23, 2016
HardMirror:

Why do you watch movies?
That is the same reason why we engage christians. We enjoy it. You don't know how dumb you sound until you are free from your delusions. You guys are good entertainment

I watch movies to get entertained, and if that's the reason you engage Christians, mheeenn, honestly speaking, you've got no job, and I'd love to offer you one, you can be one of my boyfriend(s) on my dp #smiles, but then again, I doubt you would cope, my boyfriend (s) are way too smart than you'd ever be.

Please someone needs a job ooo.....
Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by Ranchhoddas: 8:00am On Feb 23, 2016
An2elect2:
Smh, only if i had known you were this foolish
We have not reached this part yet, though I expect we'll get there soon.You have claimed that God has a chosen people.Can the fate of a 'chosen' person be changed?Likewise, can the fate of an 'unchosen' person be changed.If not, why bother disturbing people with your loudspeakers and unending demands for seed-sowing? I'll appreciate a reasonable answer and not boldly printed bible verses.Those things are boring.
Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by Ranchhoddas: 8:08am On Feb 23, 2016
Speechless3:
Sweetheart but you have not said anything
You and your ilk can render a man speechless.No pun intended.
Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by Ranchhoddas: 8:14am On Feb 23, 2016
[quote author=analice107 post=43162390][/quote]So all israelis are assured of salvation.Tell me more.
Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by HardMirror(m): 8:19am On Feb 23, 2016
opeaceo:

I watch movies to get entertained, and if that's the reason you engage Christians, mheeenn, honestly speaking, you've got no job, and I'd love to offer you one, you can be one of my boyfriend(s) on my dp #smiles, but then again, I doubt you would cope, my boyfriend (s) are way too smart than you'd ever be.

Please someone needs a job ooo.....
One of your bfs? Hmmm...
Seems you love variety.
Don't worry about how smart I am if I told you the result of my IQ test you won't believe it anyway, so that's not something I need to defend. As for being jobless, well we all have things that tickles our fancy, and christians trying to defend god and the bible is one for me.
Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by HardMirror(m): 8:25am On Feb 23, 2016
opeaceo:

Ooh dear, you're getting it wrong, thats not me on me on my dp, those are my boyfriend(s) and guess what, they are used for security.

You almost got that right, don't worry, I'll buy you a jar of honey, your life is so bitter this morning or wait, no food to eat? or no water to drink? I'm sowie, I'm not the cause.
O, what a sweethrt you are.
I love Christian girls. They rock wink
Who won't love this babyish talk. An atheist gf would be too much to handle, but see the beauty of the simplicity of a christian's thinking. How can you ever be offended by them.
Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by opeaceo: 8:26am On Feb 23, 2016
HardMirror:

One of your bfs? Hmmm...
Seems you love variety.
Don't worry about how smart I am if I told you the result of my IQ test you won't believe it anyway, so that's not something I need to defend. As for being jobless, well we all have things that tickles our fancy, and christians trying to defend god and the bible is one for me.

IQ test?? lmfao, you're suffering from paranoia and delusions of grandeur.

It is a pity joblessness tickles your fancy, Nigeria is at its lowest ebb.
Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by opeaceo: 8:30am On Feb 23, 2016
HardMirror:

O, what a sweethrt you are.
I love Christian girls. They rock wink
Who won't love this babyish talk. An atheist gf would be too much to handle, but see the beauty of the simplicity of a christian's thinking. How can you ever be offended by them.

You can't be offended are all you've typed here are insults?? You have a bitter life, a jar of honey would make it sweeter a bit!!
Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by HardMirror(m): 8:32am On Feb 23, 2016
opeaceo:

IQ test?? lmfao, you're suffering from paranoia and delusions of grandeur.

It is a pity joblessness tickles your fancy, Nigeria is at its lowest ebb.
Sweet heart
I see we have a lot in common dear
Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by HardMirror(m): 8:35am On Feb 23, 2016
opeaceo:

You can't be offended are all you've typed here are insults?? You have a bitter life, a jar of honey would make it sweeter a bit!!
You have a gift. You must be filled with the holy spirit. The gift of "word of knowledge".
Yes I need a jar of honey and I will gladly lick yours. You seem eager to share

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by opeaceo: 8:37am On Feb 23, 2016
HardMirror:

Sweet heart
I see we have a lot in common dear

Taaa, how can we have a lot in common when you said I was a dog??

kai, a schizophrenic loner is on the loose and I don't enjoy unfriendly "banters" with them and also it is too early to release you inner demons on me, I won't allow that.

Have a blissful day ahead, remember to take a jar of honey, it would help your situation.
Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by HardMirror(m): 8:42am On Feb 23, 2016
opeaceo:

Taaa, how can we have a lot in common when you said I was a dog??

kai, a schizophrenic loner is on the loose and I don't enjoy unfriendly "banters" with them and also it is too early to release you inner demons on me, I won't allow that.

Have a blissful day ahead, remember to take a jar of honey, it would help your situation.
Oh my! Lwkmd
What a sweet girl.
Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by Ghost01(m): 8:57am On Feb 23, 2016
ronald4lif:
Perhaps Christians are the most loquacious and silly sets of believers who argues sheepishly without any facts but scriptural passages? undecided
Thank you. Some Sundays back, I was at this church service where a preacher who was delivering a sermon on something about light and glory went on about how god, after creating the earth, created the sun by summoning light. Just like that - from nothing, something! Hard evidence tells us that without the sun's energy, the earth wouldn't even be here. How come the xtian god now created his own earth before the sun? The preacher was using the sun - the centre of our solar system - to sugarcoat his silly teachings. And the congregants devoured everything, sheepishly. My stomach churned. But then, it is what it is. The world is a beautifully crazy place.
Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by opeaceo: 9:00am On Feb 23, 2016
HardMirror:
Oh my! Lwkmd What a sweet girl.
It is not too late to undo what you did.
Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by opeaceo: 9:00am On Feb 23, 2016
ghost01
Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by HardMirror(m): 9:02am On Feb 23, 2016
opeaceo:

It is not too late to undo what you did.
Unfortunately you don't own nairaland.
Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by opeaceo: 9:02am On Feb 23, 2016
Ghost01:
Thank you. Some Sundays back, I was at this church service where a preacher who was delivering a sermon on something about light and glory went on about how god, after creating the earth, created the sun by summoning light. Just like that - from nothing, something! Hard evidence tells us that without the sun's energy, the earth wouldn't even be here. How come the xtian god now created his own earth before the sun? The preacher was using the sun - the centre of our solar system - to sugarcoat his silly teachings. And the congregants devoured everything, sheepishly. My stomach churned. But then, it is what it is. The world is a beautifully crazy place.

Lookatew.... Quote someone sensible not a riffraff
Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by opeaceo: 9:05am On Feb 23, 2016
HardMirror:
Unfortunately you don't own nairaland.
you're more jobless than I imagined, continue the a$$ licking.
Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by HardMirror(m): 9:15am On Feb 23, 2016
opeaceo:

you're more jobless than I imagined, continue the a$$ licking.
O yh
I am jobless. You really caught my attention.
Sure u are enjoying the licking. I just love the simplicity of your mind can't help the attraction
Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by Ghost01(m): 9:17am On Feb 23, 2016
opeaceo:

Prolly I'm missing something here, The theist believe in a Supreme being, the atheist says otherwise. Theres no restriction whatsoever for calling their Supreme being, you don't have one, then why expend energy any time discussing what you don't believe in??

Joblessness at its height, too much effing time to waste.
Because our lives, our living, our future are at stake if we don't. There are two major competitive religions out there that seek to control everything - relationships, finance, scientific and technological progress, education, health ... everything! And here you are wondering why atheists talk about your beliefs and its innuendos? How's that different from Malaysian moslems who took non-muslims to court for using the word "Allah" to refer to their supreme deity and got a judgement in their favour?

Just yesterday, all the nightmares, inner-conflict, self-doubt I suffered as a kid those years back as a result of church-brainwashing and all that came flooding back. And ... I'm just thankful that I'm out of it. Do you think I'd open my korokoro eyes and allow my kids to go through the same torture? Mbanu!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by opeaceo: 9:24am On Feb 23, 2016
Ghost01:
Because our lives, our living, our future is are stake if we don't. There are two major competitive religions out there that seek to control everything - relationships, finance, scientific and technological progress, education, health ... everything! And here you are wondering why atheists talk about your beliefs and its innuendos? How's that different from Malaysian moslems who took non-muslims to court for using the word "Allah" to refer to their supreme deity and got a judgement in their favour?

Just yesterday, all the nightmares, inner-conflict, self-doubt I suffered as a kid those years back as a result of chuch-brainwashing and all that came flooding back. And ... I'm just thankful that I'm out of it. Do you think I'd open my korokoro eyes and allow my kids to go through the same torture? Mbanu!

Haaan, it is our belief it our lives, your belief your life, after all said and done, energy expended, time taken, nobody shifts a notch, nobody learns, nobody get entertained, then why the stress?
Re: Why Do Atheists Attack Mostly Christians? by Ghost01(m): 9:28am On Feb 23, 2016
There's zika virus out there with its devastating effect on foetuses and new-borns. Your church is preaching against using contraceptives and abortion to tackle the disaster and you are still wondering why we keep talking about your religion?

You religion does not tolerate LGBT people and you still wonder why we won't keep mute?

Your religion taxes people, reducing their purchasing power with its attendant effect on the economy and you are still wondering?

Your religion fuels wars and genocides and you are still asking why we keep discussing your god?

We'll stop when people see your religion for what it is.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

“If You Can't Afford It, Don’t Live It” — Pastor Adefarasin (Video) / Which Bible Character Will You Want To Spend A Day With / Solomon Was A Black Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.