Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,196 members, 7,807,667 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:06 PM

Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison (39741 Views)

Kemi Adeosun Vs Wale Edun / Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Pictured With Chidiogo Akunyili, Daughter Of Late Dora / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Attends Her Son's Movie Premiere In Hollywood (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by LRNZH(m): 2:49pm On Feb 21, 2016
These videos were posted in another thread by Oduastates and shared by Arewafederation.

Nairalanders, what are your takes on the performance of each of the respective finance ministers when facing National Assembly committees?

Your comments and likes will tell the story.
Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by LRNZH(m): 2:50pm On Feb 21, 2016

98 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by LRNZH(m): 2:50pm On Feb 21, 2016

109 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by dukie25: 2:56pm On Feb 21, 2016
No real comparison, Kemi is a poor man's okonjo Iweala.
If I had billions to invest, I know which one I'd visit for advice, it won't be kemi.

214 Likes 35 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by PassingShot(m): 2:58pm On Feb 21, 2016
Even without watching the video, I will take Kemi or any other person in preference for the overhyped NOI.

Where was NOI who was the coordinating minister for the economy when Dasuki, CBN, Diezanni and those thieves masquerading as Service Chiefs were busy swallowing our common wealth?

Where was the paper heavy weight finance expert when tax relief and waivers were granted on luxury goods imported into the country?

Where was she when our SWF and ECA were being depleted?

If she had any honor while she held sway, she would have resigned honorably than watch on helplessly.

Ngizi was a scam!

259 Likes 33 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by LRNZH(m): 3:04pm On Feb 21, 2016
Without being partisan, If you watched the two videos, and also from the history of Ngozi's public correspondences with Chukwuma Soludo, I will go with Kemi.

122 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by dukie25: 3:04pm On Feb 21, 2016
PassingShot:
Without watching the video, I will take Kemi or any other person in preference for the overhyped NOI.

Obasanjo recently said he wanted NOI to be Buhari's deputy. If you Ieave tribe outta it, you'd realise Kemi is poor man's Iweala.

147 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by stuff46(m): 3:06pm On Feb 21, 2016
PassingShot:
Even without watching the video, I will take Kemi or any other person in preference for the overhyped NOI.

That is why you still live in poverty.

215 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by jane0000(f): 3:07pm On Feb 21, 2016
I like both of them. cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by PassingShot(m): 3:07pm On Feb 21, 2016
dukie25:

Obasanjo recently said he wanted NOI to be Buhari's deputy. If you Ieave tribe outta it, you'd realise Kemi is poor man's Iweala.
And what did Ngozi achieve for our economy despite unprecedented earnings during her time apart from "rebasing" that resulted in us becoming largest African economy ON PAPER?

Under her and GEJ, Nigeria had to borrow to pay salaries in March and April of 2015.

75 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by PassingShot(m): 3:09pm On Feb 21, 2016
stuff46:

That is why you still live in poverty.
If my living standard qualifies as "living in poverty" I'll pray and hope "the poverty" continues and even progress.

74 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by LRNZH(m): 3:10pm On Feb 21, 2016
dukie25:

This your statement is a problem for me on many levels.

Look at the history of people OBJ has imposed on Nigerians when he is not in power.

Shagari, Yar'adua, GEJ.... And you want to bring up Ngozi.

They usually have one K-leg or the other from incompetence, illness or lack of integrity. OBJ looks for those he feels he can control because he identifies their weaknesses.

If you read OBJ's statement in his book where he brought up Ngozi as VP, he made a comment about her weaknesses that needed a firm leader to manage.

VPs are supposed to be leaders that can lead on their own without any management from a firm leader if the need arises. OBJ disqualified Ngozi with that statement.

Finally, the same OBJ sacked her as his Finance Minister.

122 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by dukie25: 3:12pm On Feb 21, 2016
PassingShot:

And what did Ngozi achieve for our economy despite unprecedented earnings during her time apart from "rebasing" that resulted in us becoming largest African economy ON PAPER?

Under her and GEJ, Nigeria had to borrow to pay salaries in March and April of 2015.

And Kemi has done wonders since assuming office abi?
I know which finance minister I prefer at this time of oil glut.

92 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by Ecoterrorism(f): 3:14pm On Feb 21, 2016
This is another Gej vs PmB comparison that has never helped our failing economy

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by LRNZH(m): 3:19pm On Feb 21, 2016
dukie25:

If you understand the scientific method, you won't be stating this.

We have about 8 years track record of Ngozi as finance minister all under high to very high oil prices. Nigeria failed to diversify it's oil dependent, import based economy under her. That is enough to draw a conclusion that Ngozi cannot manage a economy in surplus times.

Kemi inherited one of the worst economies in recent times with tanked oil price and forex drain from fighting insurgency in the North-East. She is yet to even spend 1 year on the job. It is too early to judge her performance especially since her situation is more challenging than Ngozi's.

But from the videos above, it is clear that Ngozi's temperament is not fit for a finance minister in difficult times.

My two kobos there.

120 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by Progressive01(m): 3:23pm On Feb 21, 2016
dukie25:

Was Obasanjo comparing her with Kemi when he made the statement Didn't he once fire her from his cabinet??

Oh, I wanna believe you take Obj's verdict as supreme and faultless, you know what, the same Obj barely stopped short of calling Jonathan an Ineffectual Buffoon when he said Nigerians were lucky to have voted him out of power.

So, why do you guys insist he is better than Buhari??

Yeye dey smell.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by Nobody: 3:27pm On Feb 21, 2016
The same Okonjo that kept giving conflicting figures during the subsidy protest.
I am more interested in a FM that tidies up the countries finances

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by dukie25: 3:29pm On Feb 21, 2016
LRNZH
She is yet to even spend 1 year on the job. It is too early to judge her performance especially since her situation is more challenging than Ngozi's.

It's too early to judge her performance yet you guys are comparing her with someone with pedigree and international standing.
What did she achieve as state commissioner for finance?

25 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by Nobody: 3:30pm On Feb 21, 2016
dukie25:

Not recently, he wanted that in 2007

9 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by Nobody: 3:32pm On Feb 21, 2016
dukie25:

She has barely spent 4 months in office

The one that could not manage the oil boom

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by LRNZH(m): 3:33pm On Feb 21, 2016
dukie25:
LRNZH

It's too early to judge her performance yet you guys are comparing her with someone with pedigree and international standing.
What did she achieve as state commissioner for finance?

This thread was a simple video comparison. It was you specifically that expanded it to their management of finances and economies.

Your question is a solid one and I want to believe someone more informed about her performance there will enlighten us.

8 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by dukie25: 3:35pm On Feb 21, 2016
[s]
Obiagelli:

She has barely spent 4 months in office
[/s]

Then stop the comparison until Kemi has enough time to prove her worth.

38 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by simplycarro: 3:36pm On Feb 21, 2016
Thee Okonjo thing is a overrated voodoo economist,
She picked the day she was to appear before the committee to form sick, just to extract some concession and pity out of the committee members
Shameless woman

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by omonnakoda: 3:37pm On Feb 21, 2016
Those people always like sentiments? I do not understand her behaviour there it was very immature and disappointing. I think the committee chairman was quite good

Nevertheless I do not see the connection or basis for comparing the two videos
What next we show a video where Messi misses a penalty and Ronaldo scores?

There is nothing to learn from videos. They are not actresses so why compare videos?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by dukie25: 3:38pm On Feb 21, 2016
LRNZH:

This thread was a simple video comparison. It was you guys that expanded it to their management of finances and economies.

Your question is a solid one and I want to believe someone more informed about her performance there will enlighten us.
So you were rating her performance from just her press briefing?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by omonnakoda: 3:43pm On Feb 21, 2016
dukie25:
[s][/s]

I don't think anyone can be worse than Iweala. In our history she is the Finance Minister that has received the most revenue and strangely the one who borrowed the most so add her borrowing to oil revenue she has had the most money to spend .What do we have to show for it? Oil price dropped and everything collapsed.

She received 52% of total revenue from Federation account and spent it all and blamed the governors for that because they rightly insisted on their share which was less that 30%
Why did she not save the FG share?

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by Nobody: 3:43pm On Feb 21, 2016
dukie25:
[s][/s]

I thought you guys started it

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by LRNZH(m): 3:45pm On Feb 21, 2016
dukie25:

So you were rating her performance from just her press briefing?

[b]It depends on what you mean with that question.
Read my earlier posts carefully. I will repeat myself one more time.

On the economy, Ngozi is far from a success for me. In times of plenty she did not do the needful in diversifying the economy, saving enough or fighting corruption. Kemi I cannot judge yet because her tenure is in its infancy. But I know for sure that Kemi has a more difficult job with the current state of the economy.
If Ngozi could not handle good times satisfactorily how can she handle worse times? Ngozi is a failure. Kemi I do not know yet.

State government finances are hardly a good judge of how a finance minister will perform at the national level because states in Nigeria are mostly reliant on monthly allocations. It is more of book keeping.
But let's wait for someone that knows better on her state stewardship to enlighten us.

This thread is about how they performed facing NASS committees. Kemi wins this one. It was not a press briefing as you stated.
[/b]

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by Sibrah: 3:45pm On Feb 21, 2016
dukie25:

Wealth management is scientific and therefore answers to principle, not personality. I chose the principled, morally upright one, Kemi, who is honest, human(prone to mistakes). Imagine the other one, NOI, managing a rich man's (Nigerias) wealth the way she did for another two years.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by dukie25: 3:47pm On Feb 21, 2016
[s]
omonnakoda:
I don't think anyone can be worse than Iweala. In our history she is the Finance Minister that has received the most revenue and strangely the one who borrowed the most so add her borrowing to oil revenue she has had the most money to spend .What do we have to show for it? Oil price dropped and everything collapsed.

She received 52% of total revenue from Federation account and spent it all and blamed the governors for that because they rightly insisted on their share which was less that 30%
[/s]

Where were you when governors demanded the money the prudent NOI saved be shared?

41 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by Cmiller(m): 3:49pm On Feb 21, 2016
omonnakoda:

if i throw you inside Nigeria's money am not sure you will remember this your calculation....

3 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun Vs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Video Comparison by able20(m): 3:51pm On Feb 21, 2016
Only a fool will compare dat little girl kemi to Madam Okonjo .it's like cat. Vs. Lion

31 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

TVC Poll Tags Peter Obi As "Pastor" / Boko Haram Was Paid To Release Dapchi Girls, FG Lied - Sahara Reporters / Dogara Reacts To The Death Of Tinubu's Son, Jide Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.