Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,662 members, 7,801,914 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:42 AM

Fayose To Buhari: Devalue Naira Now, Forex Policy Short-changing Nigerians - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose To Buhari: Devalue Naira Now, Forex Policy Short-changing Nigerians (30128 Views)

"Nigerians Did Not Elect You As A Friday President" - Fayose To Buhari / I Won’t Devalue Naira, Buhari Insists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fayose To Buhari: Devalue Naira Now, Forex Policy Short-changing Nigerians by Nobody: 8:00pm On Feb 21, 2016
Fayose d David of our time

2 Likes

Re: Fayose To Buhari: Devalue Naira Now, Forex Policy Short-changing Nigerians by 3rdlegxxx(m): 8:00pm On Feb 21, 2016
blazer234:

Use your head to reason Mr. And stop being blinded by political affiliation. It is the soul of Nigeria we are talking about here. The wide difference between official rate and black market rate does not spare people of certain political party; everyone is affected.

Fayose said something that every Nigerian with useful brain will think deeply about.: workers are paid at the rate of 199 per dollar, but they have to pay for goods at the rate of 400 per dollar.

Is that too complex for you to understand?

Fayose may have his faults, but every Nigerian with sense will agree he is making a good point this time.

you stated clearly good points here, but the problem here is. if you lie all the time to friends and people, colleagues and families and then one day you decide to say the truth, almost naturally people won't believe you because of your antecedents same as Fayose always saying sly and selfish things people have come to term his name with nonsense and selfish interest related talk that when he official made a good point and sense a lot would 1st disregard him.

2 Likes

Re: Fayose To Buhari: Devalue Naira Now, Forex Policy Short-changing Nigerians by shamecurls(m): 8:01pm On Feb 21, 2016
massinola:
If with corruption $1 was equal to #216 and now without corruption $1 is equal to #400, wouldn't it have been better we stood with corruption?

Sighs smh
Re: Fayose To Buhari: Devalue Naira Now, Forex Policy Short-changing Nigerians by rusher14: 8:01pm On Feb 21, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:
Our Governor Has Gone Mad Again.

Who treat am before?

1 Like

Re: Fayose To Buhari: Devalue Naira Now, Forex Policy Short-changing Nigerians by dotcomnamename: 8:01pm On Feb 21, 2016
joborskill:
Out of 36 governors why is this man the only one bullying Buhari everytime? Why cant Buhari deal with this thug with the numerous evidences of the Ekiti gate scandal? I hope they declare a state of emergency in ekiti and put this ponmo cutter in kuje prison beside his newly adopted tribesman called Nnamdi Kanu

[size=15pt]Don't worry your self. Buhari know wetin him dey do. Remember when Nnamdi Kany was doing the same? but Buhari was cooking his soup. Now he's eating his soup in the zoo. You sit back and relax. you will see the Delicious soup Buhari is cooking for Fayose, by then the waillers will switch their wailling to gear 3. [/size]

2 Likes

Re: Fayose To Buhari: Devalue Naira Now, Forex Policy Short-changing Nigerians by Sanchase: 8:01pm On Feb 21, 2016
There are products for mature and emerging markets;

Nigeria is an emerging market where you can sell mobile phones of $10 to $50 easily.

Countries such as US,UK, Canada, Australia are mature markets where you can easily sell your £600 phone.

So you do your research well and know where to invest.

erico2k2:

Guy sorry your Economic reasoning is way out in teh BUSH.On your second paragraph you seriously want me to bring my hard earned $ to Nigeria where there would be no value? realy
If I bring in I box of samsung galaxy Note @ 600 pounds each, how much will I sell it? £600 x 500 = N300. How Many of the so called gadgeters can afford it at that cost price let alone me adding profit? and the sales would be mega slow plus tie down my capital.
Investors pulled out of Nigeria long ago,.SOme guy on another forum called it CAPITAL FLIGHT due to lack of policies and budget.
Re: Fayose To Buhari: Devalue Naira Now, Forex Policy Short-changing Nigerians by Etizz: 8:02pm On Feb 21, 2016
Someone please tell me what it means to devalue naira and the implementation....

Thanks...
Re: Fayose To Buhari: Devalue Naira Now, Forex Policy Short-changing Nigerians by iyerikan12: 8:02pm On Feb 21, 2016
Governor Fayose you need to respect your leader no matter how, moreover he's an elderly person to you. (respect is reciprocal ).
Re: Fayose To Buhari: Devalue Naira Now, Forex Policy Short-changing Nigerians by UrbanMystique: 8:02pm On Feb 21, 2016
OMo ale komale fayoshe fighting for his pocket.

He probably has shitload of dollars in his soak away too hoping buhari would devalue naira so he can double his money .. Ole.

Anyway, what does he know about economy anyway? Last time I checked, ekiti's economy is one of the worst in the country..

Someone should shut that nigher up.

1 Like

Re: Fayose To Buhari: Devalue Naira Now, Forex Policy Short-changing Nigerians by chiol: 8:02pm On Feb 21, 2016
I think the governor should first increase the minimum wage before telling our dear president to devalue naira, so civil servants will not bear the brunt.

He should start looking inwards to take the advantage of this to better the economy of his state. Let him start investing in local goods. Previous devaluations never helped us, instead our situation worsened. Once you devalue, let say 300 naira to a dollar, the parallel market price will jump to about 600 to a dollar. So, how long should we continue with the devaluation?

I think FG should even go ahead and close all the domiciliary accounts. Every account should be naira denominated. If you want to import, you must do that through the CBN. They will convert your naira and wire it to your customer overseas, provided the item is in our import list. That way, they should be able to monitor imports and the use of dollars. If you choose to go and buy from the parallel market, it will be useless as you can't pay it into any account directly.

5 Likes

Re: Fayose To Buhari: Devalue Naira Now, Forex Policy Short-changing Nigerians by otitokoroleti: 8:02pm On Feb 21, 2016
@sibrah, banks sell dollar at the rate of 350-370/$1 to importer but buys at 198/$1 from exporter, how do we define that? if you were charge at the rate of 350-370/$1 I think buying it back at 340/$1 is a fair deal. my brother, 199/$1 is a scam. CBN & commercial banks are the greatest scam of the century, they sold dollars at black market rates bt buys at 'buhari official rate'. forget all the fake stories circulating around.

1 Like

Re: Fayose To Buhari: Devalue Naira Now, Forex Policy Short-changing Nigerians by Nobody: 8:03pm On Feb 21, 2016
dotcomnamename:

[size=15pt]Don't worry your self. Buhari know wetin him dey do. Remember when Nnamdi Kany was doing the same? but Buhari was cooking his soup. Now he's eating his soup in the zoo. You sit back and relax. you will see the Delicious soup Buhari is cooking for Fayose, by then the waillers will switch their wailling to gear 3. [/size]

cheesy grin
Re: Fayose To Buhari: Devalue Naira Now, Forex Policy Short-changing Nigerians by walecosby: 8:03pm On Feb 21, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:
That will make a good read grin
OrlandoOwoh:
That will make a good read
Re: Fayose To Buhari: Devalue Naira Now, Forex Policy Short-changing Nigerians by gemtlesoul123: 8:04pm On Feb 21, 2016
What Fayose lack is common sense!!!
Re: Fayose To Buhari: Devalue Naira Now, Forex Policy Short-changing Nigerians by ojeota(f): 8:06pm On Feb 21, 2016
Devalvation of the naira is a bad idea Since we are not producing and exporting nothing.
What the governor should be saying is for buhari to encourage agriculture in all aspect and also manufacturing companies.

2 Likes

Re: Fayose To Buhari: Devalue Naira Now, Forex Policy Short-changing Nigerians by ugonna1054(m): 8:07pm On Feb 21, 2016
Regardless of d naira-dollar surge, I've gat an Lg g3 brand new for 70k....quote me
Re: Fayose To Buhari: Devalue Naira Now, Forex Policy Short-changing Nigerians by Nobody: 8:12pm On Feb 21, 2016
erico2k2:

you think? is the dollar not already N400? so wahts wrong in telling the banks to buy @ 300 instead of N190??
you need to enroll to sch too

2 Likes

Re: Fayose To Buhari: Devalue Naira Now, Forex Policy Short-changing Nigerians by erico2k2(m): 8:16pm On Feb 21, 2016
Remii:
what did fgn do with her own 52% share
its part of what was left for PMB or you forget teh $B found?
Re: Fayose To Buhari: Devalue Naira Now, Forex Policy Short-changing Nigerians by maasoap(m): 8:16pm On Feb 21, 2016
What does he know about economy? I meant Fayose the clown.

1 Like

Re: Fayose To Buhari: Devalue Naira Now, Forex Policy Short-changing Nigerians by erico2k2(m): 8:18pm On Feb 21, 2016
udeagbalaC:
you need to enroll to sch too
Ok correct my statement instead of throwing half backed statement.germany devalued their currency up to %50 WHEN THEY NEEDED TO, Go and check history

1 Like

Re: Fayose To Buhari: Devalue Naira Now, Forex Policy Short-changing Nigerians by erico2k2(m): 8:19pm On Feb 21, 2016
ojeota:
Devalvation of the naira is a bad idea Since we are not producing and exporting nothing.
What the governor should be saying is for buhari to encourage agriculture in all aspect and also manufacturing companies.
How is that now possible when they the FG lift the ban on rice importation
Re: Fayose To Buhari: Devalue Naira Now, Forex Policy Short-changing Nigerians by PastorOla1: 8:20pm On Feb 21, 2016
THIS TIME THE RICH ARE CRYING MORE, THIS IS THE FIRST TIME IN MY 50 YEARS IN LIFE TO SEE AND HEAR THE RICH CRY IN MY COUNTRY.

5 Likes

Re: Fayose To Buhari: Devalue Naira Now, Forex Policy Short-changing Nigerians by Tolux17: 8:21pm On Feb 21, 2016
Fayose made sense. Now there's no increase in salary but the prices of good are increasing daily.. What will cover for this shortage? Naija don enter one chance...

1 Like

Re: Fayose To Buhari: Devalue Naira Now, Forex Policy Short-changing Nigerians by erico2k2(m): 8:21pm On Feb 21, 2016
Sanchase:
There are products for mature and emerging markets;

Nigeria is an emerging market where you can sell mobile phones of $10 to $50 easily.

Countries such as US,UK, Canada, Australia are mature markets where you can easily sell your £600 phone.

So you do your research well and know where to invest.

Well if you check, I used 600 as refrence.same could be said for the $10-$50 you mentioned, things as cheap as Nokia 3210 are sold here for $20 used, now would you or can you buy it @ N15k?

1 Like

Re: Fayose To Buhari: Devalue Naira Now, Forex Policy Short-changing Nigerians by igwegeorgiano(m): 8:21pm On Feb 21, 2016
fayose having diarrh of the mouth since 33AD
Re: Fayose To Buhari: Devalue Naira Now, Forex Policy Short-changing Nigerians by emenas(m): 8:24pm On Feb 21, 2016
erico2k2:

if you do what do you call the value we have now?
broda, think about the effect it will bring on the poor masses
Re: Fayose To Buhari: Devalue Naira Now, Forex Policy Short-changing Nigerians by Sanchase: 8:24pm On Feb 21, 2016
Nigerian market is a virgin market, there is nothing you can't sell in Nigeria. When you research the 4P's of marketing it will help you make a better decision.

erico2k2:

Well if you check, I used 600 as refrence.same could be said for the $10-$50 you mentioned, things as cheap as Nokia 3210 are sold here for $20 used, now would you or can you buy it @ N15k?
Re: Fayose To Buhari: Devalue Naira Now, Forex Policy Short-changing Nigerians by IRREVO: 8:26pm On Feb 21, 2016
Agriculture remains the only way forward for Nigeria concentrate on that.....it will lead us out of this!

1 Like

Re: Fayose To Buhari: Devalue Naira Now, Forex Policy Short-changing Nigerians by Nobody: 8:28pm On Feb 21, 2016
erico2k2:

Ok correct my statement instead of throwing half backed statement.germany devalued their currency up to %50 WHEN THEY NEEDED TO, Go and check history
devaluation do not solve Nigeria economics crises,official rate still stand at the cbn 199 for those who desperately need forex and can not go through the official window to get it ie commercial banks and cbn itself should buy it at any amount at the informal sector
Re: Fayose To Buhari: Devalue Naira Now, Forex Policy Short-changing Nigerians by erico2k2(m): 8:30pm On Feb 21, 2016
emenas:
broda, think about the effect it will bring on the poor masses
bro 300 and 400 which do you preffer? and if and when things improve we can always go back to 250 then 200 then 180 etc, as at now the banks are killing the common man, I should be happy cos I earn Forx, I get paid in Pounds.
Re: Fayose To Buhari: Devalue Naira Now, Forex Policy Short-changing Nigerians by eleko1: 8:31pm On Feb 21, 2016
U have time for dis type of mumuni?Go school,dem nor gree.They'll rather gamble/watch dogs race than watch TVC news.
3rdlegxxx:

No offence but this is by far the dumbest and most silly comment i have read all day, what is wrong with the Nigerian youth? the oil price falling is a global issue not President Buhari or corruption, read newspapers they won't, watch TVC or Channels TV news on global oil crises and it's EFFECT ON OIL DEPENDENT ECONOMIES LIKE NIGERIA THEY WON'T but if it is to blame the President they would gladly do.
Re: Fayose To Buhari: Devalue Naira Now, Forex Policy Short-changing Nigerians by erico2k2(m): 8:31pm On Feb 21, 2016
udeagbalaC:
devaluation do not solve Nigeria economics crises,official rate still stand at the cbn 199 for those who desperately need forex and can not go through the official window to get it ie commercial banks and cbn itself should buy it at any amount at the informal sector
Have you applied for forex from the CBN B4? I guess not well I have, its still in thier office via my bank for the past 3 months.I only wanted $21K to import CNC machines and $5K for my nieces school ,I have to co me back to the Uk to earn forex to achieve this cos no way 4ward i n Nigeria.This why I say there is a big fraud going on and you lots are cheering them ON

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tinubu, Kwankwaso, Ekweremadu May Lead Regional Parties / Senator Gbenga Obadara's Daughter Graduates With A 2.1 In LLB Law (Photos) / Premium Times Special Report On Road Projects Across Nigeria Under PMB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.