Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,882 members, 7,802,850 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:14 PM

Muslims, Is This True? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Muslims, Is This True? (5881 Views)

Is This True About MFM? See What Group Wrote About The Church / Is This True About God? I Need Clarification / Muslims Is This True? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muslims, Is This True? by Ishilove: 8:46pm On Feb 21, 2016
I find this a most interesting submission, but being a non-muslim I don't know if it is subjective or is backed by Islamic tenets.

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Muslims, Is This True? by kilode100(f): 8:57pm On Feb 21, 2016
Interesting...
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:59pm On Feb 21, 2016
Idrismusty97 shows up ...
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Feb 21, 2016
I think this is just how to treat any human being. One should never think someone is beneath them irrespective of anything.

Islamically though, it's true. Slandering a woman is a major sin. You're meant to make excuses for your Muslim brethren when you see them err. But then advice them privately. It's also mentioned that whoever enters paradise, it's not going to be by how pious they are as a Muslim but by Allahs mercy alone. So she could dress inappropriately but still have Allahs mercy while you could cover it all up and not...

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Muslims, Is This True? by MrPresident1: 9:15pm On Feb 21, 2016
Maybe the premise is incorrect, I know the Holy Writ says 'out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh'.
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by ademoladeji(m): 9:17pm On Feb 21, 2016
Hmmm! Your tot is interesting.
Ishilove:
I find this a most interesting submission, but being a non-muslim I don't know if it is subjective or is backed by Islamic tenets.

Back to the picture....

Sheik Ismail Mufti Menk is very correct...

Slandering someone is called “Qazf” in Islamic terminology.

Qazf literally means throwing something hard, throwing words out of mouth, aspersing and slandering one’s chastity.

It is a law term which means accusing an innocent man or woman of fornication, with words such as “you fornicated…” or “you fornicator”. Qazf is one of the great sins.

On the issue, Allah stated “Those who slander chaste women, indiscreet but believing, are cursed in this life and in the Hereafter: for them is a grievous Penalty” (an-Nur, 24:23).

The Prophet (pbuh) counted qazf amongst seven factors which led one to destruction in his Hadiths. (Bukhari, Wasaya, 23).

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Muslims, Is This True? by analice107: 9:19pm On Feb 21, 2016
YourMain:
I think this is just how to treat any human being. One should never think someone is beneath them irrespective of anything.

Islamically though, it's true. Slandering a woman is a major sin. You're meant to make excuses for your Muslim brethren when you see them err. But then advice them privately. It's also mentioned that whoever enters paradise, it's not going to be by how pious they are as a Muslim but by Allahs mercy alone. So she could dress inappropriately but still have Allahs mercy while you could cover it all up and not...

I always like you for your reasonableness and kind and gentle disposition. Keep it up.
BTW, where are your boy friends Oremusanctus and Fulaboy
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Feb 21, 2016
analice107:

I always like you for reasonableness and kind and gentle disposition. Keep it up.
BTW, where is your boy friend Oremusanctus?

Awh thank you embarassed

Eh ? He has left me for another sad I wasn't good enough for him cry
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by Tallesty1(m): 9:25pm On Feb 21, 2016
MrPresident1:
Maybe the premise is incorrect, I know the Holy Writ says 'out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh'.
lols.
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by TruthHurts1(m): 9:36pm On Feb 21, 2016
Ishilove:

No it is not backed by islamic tenets. Read a book titled "A God Who Hates" by a Syrian muslim woman called Wafa Sultan and you'll get a clearer picture of things.
In the muslim world if a woman doesn't wrap herself from head to toe and chain herself to the kitchen sin, and always submit to her husband, such a woman is considered evil. Anything that happens to her including rape is her own fault. A case in point is the way muslim men migrants treat western women in the countries who opened doors to them.

A top muslim woman islamic scholar at the Al Azhar University in Egypt, Prof. Suad Saleh, which is one of the top centres of islamic learning actually affirmed that muslim men enjoy a degree of sexual dominion over non-muslim women. You may google this story, it made headlines across the world.

So the answer to your question is that tolerance towards women's individual liberty and equality practically doesn't exist in islam.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslims, Is This True? by maverickboy: 9:38pm On Feb 21, 2016
Ishilove:

Dr Menk is an highly respected Islamic scholar who doesn't speak without Quranic and Haddit backup.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muslims, Is This True? by facheux: 9:40pm On Feb 21, 2016
Yuppers menk is correct.
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by OLAJADON: 9:43pm On Feb 21, 2016
Ishilove:

my question for u is is ismael menk a companion of the prophet? did he quote the quran to defend this? if ur answers are not then i conclude he is speaking from his own perspective.
Altuough i listen to his lectures, also what he said can be true sometimes not everttime.

i dont expect u to make a big deal our of this bcoz he is just a islamic preacher like zakir naik and others.

1 Like

Re: Muslims, Is This True? by facheux: 9:46pm On Feb 21, 2016
Once when I was a kid I had a bike. It was red. I miss that bike.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslims, Is This True? by OLAJADON: 9:48pm On Feb 21, 2016
TruthHurts1:

No it is not backed by islamic tenets. Read a book titled "A God Who Hates" by a Syrian muslim woman called Wafa Sultan and you'll get a clearer picture of things.
In the muslim world if a woman doesn't wrap herself from head to toe and chain herself to the kitchen sin, and always submit to her husband, such a woman is considered evil. Anything that happens to her including rape is her own fault. A case in point is the way muslim men migrants treat western women in the countries who opened doors to them.

A top muslim woman islamic scholar at the Al Azhar University in Egypt, Prof. Suad Saleh, which is one of the top centres of islamic learning actually affirmed that muslim men enjoy a degree of sexual dominion over non-muslim women. You may google this story, it made headlines across the world.

So the answer to your question is that tolerance towards women's individual liberty and equality practically doesn't exist in islam.
yeaaa equality btw men and women is not tolerated in islam so do u have a problem with that.
ALSO PLEASES DONT USE MUSLIMS BEHAVIOUR TO JUDGE ISLAM IT JUST SHOW HOW GULLIBLE U R.
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by TruthHurts1(m): 10:03pm On Feb 21, 2016
OLAJADON:

yeaaa equality btw men and women is not tolerated in islam so do u have a problem with that.
ALSO PLEASES DONT USE MUSLIMS BEHAVIOUR TO JUDGE ISLAM IT JUST SHOW HOW GULLIBLE U R.

"Don't use muslims behaviour to judge islam" Wow. SMH. Islam doesn't even tolerate intelligence. Too bad.

3 Likes

Re: Muslims, Is This True? by facheux: 10:08pm On Feb 21, 2016
I love sushi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muslims, Is This True? by ademoladeji(m): 10:09pm On Feb 21, 2016
YourMain:

It's not about just muslim brethren but human being in general...

In addition, who are we to judge? Only He has the power to do so. Many clerics claiming piety are more dangerous n devilish than those they slander.

2 Likes

Re: Muslims, Is This True? by facheux: 10:12pm On Feb 21, 2016
Kind of reminds me of the time I had air lock in my diesel 5ton. Kinda my fault for running the tank down to 1/8th .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muslims, Is This True? by uboma(m): 10:32pm On Feb 21, 2016
OLAJADON:

but why is women viewed as inferior in your faith?

What is/are the reason(s) for such demeaning views against the female folks?
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by facheux: 10:34pm On Feb 21, 2016
I treat my wife with mad respect.

2 Likes

Re: Muslims, Is This True? by Ishilove: 10:37pm On Feb 21, 2016
ademoladeji:
Hmmm! Your tot is interesting.

Back to the picture....

Sheik Ismail Mufti Menk is very correct...

Slandering someone is called “Qazf” in Islamic terminology.

Qazf literally means throwing something hard, throwing words out of mouth, aspersing and slandering one’s chastity.

It is a law term which means accusing an innocent man or woman of fornication, with words such as “you fornicated…” or “you fornicator”. Qazf is one of the great sins.

On the issue, Allah stated “Those who slander chaste women, indiscreet but believing, are cursed in this life and in the Hereafter: for them is a grievous Penalty” (an-Nur, 24:23).

The Prophet (pbuh) counted qazf amongst seven factors which led one to destruction in his Hadiths. (Bukhari, Wasaya, 23).
But there is still a lot of open chastisement. When a muslim woman who is not dressed the proper way I see a lot of open condemnation from the muslim brothers. Is that qazf?

If it is qazf, are they aware that they are comitting qazf?
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by facheux: 10:38pm On Feb 21, 2016
Ishilove:

But a lot of open chastisement. When a woman is not dressed the proper way I see a lot of open condemnation from the muslim brothers. Is that qazf?

If it is qazf, are they aware that they are comitting qazf?

I condemn the use of mechanically cut french fries , say yes to hand cut !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muslims, Is This True? by Ishilove: 10:40pm On Feb 21, 2016
YourMain:

I have never heard this from anyone. This is an aspect of Islam I am totally unaware of. Interesting
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by Ishilove: 10:41pm On Feb 21, 2016
facheux:

I condemn the use of mechanically cut french fries , say yes to hand cut !
Sorry I don't get you. You seem very concerned about the nature of your fries cheesy
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by facheux: 10:41pm On Feb 21, 2016
Ishilove:

I have never heard this from anyone. This is an aspect of Islam I am totally unaware of. Interesting

On a serious note we belive paradise is only granted by the mercy of the Creator
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by Ishilove: 10:42pm On Feb 21, 2016
uboma:

Good question
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by Ishilove: 10:44pm On Feb 21, 2016
TruthHurts1:

YourMain?
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by facheux: 10:45pm On Feb 21, 2016
Ishilove:

Good question

I can only speak from myself. I love my wife dearly. I treat her with respect honor and dignity. I luvs her sooooo much and never demeaning.

She wear niqab, I don't tell her to wear or force she did that before we had nikah

3 Likes

Re: Muslims, Is This True? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Feb 21, 2016
uboma:

Because women are inferior. As much as wed like to claim equality. We all know it's true. And even more so back then where your superiority was determined by physical strength and wealth, which men are superior in. Even today.

What demeaning views are these ?

1 Like

Re: Muslims, Is This True? by Ishilove: 10:47pm On Feb 21, 2016
facheux:
Kind of reminds me of the time I had air lock in my diesel 5ton. Kinda my fault for running the tank down to 1/8th .
You really need to cut the crap. Like seriously
Re: Muslims, Is This True? by facheux: 10:48pm On Feb 21, 2016
Ishilove:

You really need to cut the crap. Like seriously

That's what the mechanic said !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Happy Easter Nairalanders / Prometheus Has Probably Converted Me!!! / How Many Christians Can Boldly Say This..?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.