Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,047 members, 7,807,149 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:17 AM

10 Reasons Why Students Fail Jamb And Ume Exam - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Reasons Why Students Fail Jamb And Ume Exam (1165 Views)

Here Are 11 Good Reasons Why Students Fail Jamb / Why You May Fail JAMB 2018: Read And Avoid Failure / And I Eventually Fail Jamb ( Screenshot) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

10 Reasons Why Students Fail Jamb And Ume Exam by ADULTBASE(m): 8:58pm On Feb 21, 2016
I think by this time next week it will be a day to Jamb 1st batch Exam and don't also forget it is C.B.T.[computer based Test].
If you are having problem with the way to prepare for jamb, kindly navigate to :
10 ways to prepare for jamb @
http://mediapace.wapka.mobi/forum2_theme_112572677.xhtml?tema=4

Most students find it very hard to pass Jamb,these are the major reasons that lead to their failure:

1.Low Reading habit:
Most students take reading as a very tough task which is not,reading is the simplest task on earth,the main thing is just to take away all distractions when reading especially for Jamb,One thing is that when some student now cultivate the habit of the reading,scope of reading for Jamb is now the problem.
You can't read for jamb the way you are reading for waec.
For example, when you want to read for jamb for chemistry on the topic titled periodic table,there is no need for you to read the definition of periodic table again,jamb will not ask you to fill in the gap for definition,just read on key points.

2.They move far away from God :
In everything you want to do,you put God first!
With God you are all!
It is a pity that some student don't move close to God during this period,you have to move more closer to God to pass your exams.

3.Late preparation:
An adage says "if you fail to prepare,you've prepare to fail".
I don't think a student preparing for jamb should be the type that will start his/her reading now,this is time for revision,you ought to have read a long time ago,remember that jamb is not a school exam .

4.Poor time factor consideration :
Get it right,There is difference between:
*I know book
*I am brilliant
*I am fast
Remember that this is C.B.T. If you are brilliant and you are slow,i can bet it with you that you will fail,you must be as fast as anything to pass Jamb

5.High concentration on a subject :
Many students focus on one subject thinking they can earn high mark reading it,jamb is not a one subject based exam,even if you score 100% in the subject you still fail,when you are revising,revise all subjects

6.Too much attention on past questions:
Even though jamb still repeat questions but not the way it was then,for example,if they ask you to state 4 hallogens last year,this year it will be "Which family did iodine belong to in the periodic table
If you want to read for jamb,check a question and read on the topic it belongs to.

7.Lack of self reliance :
Many sites now you will see "if you want to score above 250 click here".
That can't help your situation bro,go and read!
90% of them are scammers,even those that are real will fail you on that day!
If by this time you have also been thinking that casio calculator will save you during jamb,you are wrong o,the calculator you are using aren't programmable ones.
BE SELF RELIANCE!

8.Poor parental care :
Imagine a jambite that will write jamb next week monday still hawking to and fro the street from 7am-10pm,that is bad,this is the best time for them to read,parent should do the hawking or awful house chores themself so that their child can read!

9. Writting exams in Unequipped centres :
I think last year,there were still cases of bad monitors for C.b.t. Which lead to innocent students failure,things lhke that should not occur,the computers jambites will use must not be damaged ones.

Lastly i want to advice all jambites to keep off from devices that may distract their attention for now.

Good luck to all jambites

source: http://mediapace.wapka.mobi/forum2_theme_112572677.xhtml?tema=5

cc lalasticlala seun dominique

Writer : Mediapace
Re: 10 Reasons Why Students Fail Jamb And Ume Exam by Mediapace: 9:24pm On Feb 21, 2016
Nice one my guy! Good luck to all jambites from mediapace!

(1) (Reply)

University Of Benin Postume Date Announced / List Of Polytechnics Accredited To Nigerian Students / Look At What This Teacher Is Doing!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.