Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:13 AM

Buhari Plans To Install Northerner As C.A.N Leader, Group Alleges - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Buhari Plans To Install Northerner As C.A.N Leader, Group Alleges (20284 Views)

Prophet Hezekiah Oladeji Announced As The General Evangelist Of C.A.C Worldwide / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Plans To Remarry As Anita Reverts To Maiden Name-ThisDay / Samuel Uche Accuses Buhari Of Plans To Islamise Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Plans To Install Northerner As C.A.N Leader, Group Alleges by Islie: 7:44am On Feb 22, 2016
• CAN election: Tension mounts over alleged plan by FG to install Northern President

• It's a lie —FG

By Caleb Ayansina

Abuja—Ahead of the expiration of the tenure of the President of Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor in July, tension is already mounting within the Christian community following alleged plans by President Muhammadu Buhari and All Progressives Congress, APC, to install a Northern successor.

This appeared to be a repeat of what transpired during the administration of ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo.

Already, APC, is said to be interested in sponsoring a pro-Buhari clergy from the North to avoid any radical opposition to his administration from the Christian community.

A group of Christians under the umbrella of Christ Redeemers Union, yesterday, claimed that the Presidency was interested in CAN election for some selfish reasons.

But the Presidency debunked the allegation, saying Buhari did not interfere in an internal affairs of any organisation.

Reacting, the Special Adviser to the President (Media and Communications), Mr. Femi Adesina, dismissed the allegation, saying Buhari does not interfere in the internal affairs of any organisation.

He said: “It means that some Nigerians don’t know their President; Your President, Muhammadu Buhari did not interfere in things like that; so they need to know the person who is their President."

The National Director of CRU, Dr. Ebenezer Olusola Abednego, who disclosed this to newsmen, in Abuja, said that Christians would resist any plan by the Presidency to instal its in CAN Presidency.

Olusola explained that the APC government was desperate to ensure the emergence of its candidate in CAN who will lead the Nigerian Christians community.

“We have it on good authority that any leader being installed by the Presidency in CAN would avoid any virulent criticism of the Buhari government and this has informed their desperate to install a leadership that will not be critical.

“But we are vehemently opposed to government meddling into a purely religious affairs and should the Presidency succeed in installing an APC/Buhari stooge in CAN, we will pull out of CAN. We are ready for them, we have it on good authority that some Muslim leaders from the North are behind the plot. But by the power in the name of our Lord, Jesus Christ, every knee shall bow and they won’t succeed.”

Reacting to this, the Special Adviser to the President (Media and Communications), Mr. Femi Adesina, dismissed the allegation, saying Buhari does not interfere in the internal affairs of any organisation.

He said: “It means that some Nigerians don’t know their President; Your President, Muhammadu Buhari does not interfere in things like that; so they need to know the person who is their President.

“The people making the allegation can’t insist that they are correct because that is the man for you and Buhari doesn’t interfere in anything. If he doesn’t interfere in State elections where his own party, APC is having candidates, how will he interfere in CAN elections? They don’t know their President.”

www.vanguardngr.com/2016/02/can-election-tension-mounts-over-alleged-plan-by-fg-to-install-northern-president/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Plans To Install Northerner As C.A.N Leader, Group Alleges by Lordgel: 7:52am On Feb 22, 2016
Glory be to God. This is my first time to be FTC on NL. I heard that there is an amount given to ftc.

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Plans To Install Northerner As C.A.N Leader, Group Alleges by marveangel(m): 8:07am On Feb 22, 2016
what has this one got to do with the economic realities on ground........everybody should just focus on what is important and not these religious nonsense.....if baba fails to deliver between now and 2019 it doesn't matter if Amechi is CAN president he will be booted out.

17 Likes

Re: Buhari Plans To Install Northerner As C.A.N Leader, Group Alleges by johnydon22(m): 8:45am On Feb 22, 2016
I thought CAN and even Christianity is an independent body... How in the world did the president or APC get such a power to interfere or influence their elections..

If that's possible then the so called CAN is nothing more than a political foot mat for corrupt lying politicians in power

88 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari Plans To Install Northerner As C.A.N Leader, Group Alleges by dre11(m): 10:42am On Feb 22, 2016
Islie:

• CAN election: Tension mounts over alleged plan by FG to install Northern President

• It's a lie —FG

www.vanguardngr.com/2016/02/can-election-tension-mounts-over-alleged-plan-by-fg-to-install-northern-president/

CAN trying to whip up sentiments again
I thought we have gone pass this regionalism politics

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Plans To Install Northerner As C.A.N Leader, Group Alleges by kennyman2000(m): 10:59am On Feb 22, 2016
Hmmmmm
Re: Buhari Plans To Install Northerner As C.A.N Leader, Group Alleges by Mutuwa(m): 10:59am On Feb 22, 2016
dre11:

CAN trying to whip up sentiments again
I thought we have gone pass this regionalism politics

bros.. sentimental Nigerians will never allow their human intellect to flow with reality I tell you..
They will always make out an issue out of nothing.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Plans To Install Northerner As C.A.N Leader, Group Alleges by Bugatie(m): 10:59am On Feb 22, 2016
What's Buhari's own with CAN?

Maybe I've forgotten but don't we have eligible Northern Christians and are they not qualified for CAN leadership. Then also, there'll be an election, so what's the fuse

Too much politics in CAN, Now I see why the Catholic Church pulled out.

70 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Plans To Install Northerner As C.A.N Leader, Group Alleges by Generalkorex(m): 10:59am On Feb 22, 2016
When did CAN become a political party or a government agency.
Wailers gonna wail

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Plans To Install Northerner As C.A.N Leader, Group Alleges by SylarsMcQuins: 10:59am On Feb 22, 2016
This ain't possible, I bliv CAN shud be the guilty one in this case.

10 Likes

Re: Buhari Plans To Install Northerner As C.A.N Leader, Group Alleges by Nobody: 10:59am On Feb 22, 2016
Let the northerners have the position this time. It has always been occupied by southerners while the North is been marginalized. As for me, i prefer northerners occupy 80 percent of positions cos they have a positive track record in leadership. I'm from the SW btw.

22 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari Plans To Install Northerner As C.A.N Leader, Group Alleges by remigiusizunna(m): 11:00am On Feb 22, 2016
He doesn't knw wt to install his fellow dulards as, let him go on! After all he has been doing it.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Plans To Install Northerner As C.A.N Leader, Group Alleges by obassed: 11:00am On Feb 22, 2016
Na only that one remain?
Re: Buhari Plans To Install Northerner As C.A.N Leader, Group Alleges by Nwasco16: 11:01am On Feb 22, 2016
grin fear for nothing
Re: Buhari Plans To Install Northerner As C.A.N Leader, Group Alleges by Nobody: 11:01am On Feb 22, 2016
So? As long as he is a Christian and not an Alhaji!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Plans To Install Northerner As C.A.N Leader, Group Alleges by moscobabs(m): 11:01am On Feb 22, 2016
some people will not stop annoying u.

.Is that the next thing now?

so imposing CAN president from the north will stop the coming of Jesus Christ?

This group needs to shut up jare.

Nigeria Problems now pass CAN issue

We are problem of ourselves in this country

18 Likes

Re: Buhari Plans To Install Northerner As C.A.N Leader, Group Alleges by Nobody: 11:02am On Feb 22, 2016
grin grin grin .......

CAN is a Christian organisation....not a Southern one.

Since when did having a Northerner as CAN chairman ......provided he or she is a Christian...become a crime"?

You know....to whoever is making such an allegation, you guys should keep your tribal bigotry away from the Church of God in Nigeria. Got it?

26 Likes

Re: Buhari Plans To Install Northerner As C.A.N Leader, Group Alleges by HRich(m): 11:02am On Feb 22, 2016
Islie:

• It's a lie —FG

I don't have problem with that. That CAN of a thing sef. I no understand am.
Re: Buhari Plans To Install Northerner As C.A.N Leader, Group Alleges by luckystone02: 11:02am On Feb 22, 2016
Ha!! Alright nw
Re: Buhari Plans To Install Northerner As C.A.N Leader, Group Alleges by Femich18(m): 11:02am On Feb 22, 2016
All ds CAN pple sef...Most of them are politicians disguising as Pastors..God save us

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Plans To Install Northerner As C.A.N Leader, Group Alleges by tuscani: 11:04am On Feb 22, 2016
Is anything wrong with a northerner being CAN president ? I think any christian is qualified for the position

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Plans To Install Northerner As C.A.N Leader, Group Alleges by 5starmilitant: 11:05am On Feb 22, 2016
tuscani:
Is anything wrong with a northerner being CAN president ? I think any christian is qualified for the position

Nothing is really wrong, cos we are all Christian. But why will someone from another religion influence the leadership because he is president?

Did Obj or Jonathan interfered in their Islamic decision making?

Am not against a northerner being the president, but buhari should know his boundary. He can't impose an apc loyalist on Christians.

#CAN is not a government parastatal.

10 Likes

Re: Buhari Plans To Install Northerner As C.A.N Leader, Group Alleges by DrMeroThaEmperor(m): 11:05am On Feb 22, 2016
I am a Christian from Delta State, and I don't believe the story. It is stories like this that stir strife and hatred in our subconscious.

I beg the moderators who brought this trash all the way to the front page to take it down.

Ban me if you wish, but this rubbish has to stop somehow somehow.

*PS: I didn't check names of both the author and the respondents, but I've come to know names like that are affiliated with double-standards, double-mouthedness, tension-causing, as well as wickedness & nonchalance to fellow humans.

I think this report was borne out of boredom & idleness.

Look, my mum is from Modakeke, Osun state & I've spent 5 years around Ilorin, Ado, & now Ibadan.

Sorry if my conclusion contradicts my post.

I dey vex for Nigeria.

*MODIFIED*

My posts doesn't even make sense to me... Hehehehe, #too_angry_to_organise_my thoughts.

AmAwttaHere!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Plans To Install Northerner As C.A.N Leader, Group Alleges by ChappyChase: 11:05am On Feb 22, 2016
marveangel:
what has this one got to do with the economic realities on ground........everybody should just focus on what is important and not these religious nonsense.....if baba fails to deliver between now and 2019 it doesn't matter if Amechi is CAN president he will be booted out.
Gbam!
Re: Buhari Plans To Install Northerner As C.A.N Leader, Group Alleges by KayTash(m): 11:05am On Feb 22, 2016
If they like they should make an imam the CAN president,it wouldnt stop the church of Christ from marching on.

End time goverment.
Re: Buhari Plans To Install Northerner As C.A.N Leader, Group Alleges by guywitzerogal(m): 11:06am On Feb 22, 2016
As long as he or she s nt a Muslim, why nt Abi una wan turn xtianity to tribal property

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Plans To Install Northerner As C.A.N Leader, Group Alleges by Dollarchap(m): 11:06am On Feb 22, 2016
I believe more in divine election
Re: Buhari Plans To Install Northerner As C.A.N Leader, Group Alleges by remigiusizunna(m): 11:06am On Feb 22, 2016
A man woke up from sleep today shouting holy ghost fire!!! The wife asked: 'was lion chasing you in your dream?" Man: "That would have been better" Wife: "What happen then?" Man: "I nearly voted for APC again in my dream" Wife shouted: "blood of Jesus! Hmmmm

1 Like

Re: Buhari Plans To Install Northerner As C.A.N Leader, Group Alleges by Normosa(m): 11:07am On Feb 22, 2016
This so called pastor just keep disgracing Christ!! what is wrong with all of you? Wake up!!!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gospel Singer Asks Jesus To Impregnate Him (Video) / Ramadan: Christian Lady Shares Food To Muslims In Lagos (Photos) / Pastor Alex Omokudu, Gifted With A Rolls Royce Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.