Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,336 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:28 AM

Dasukigate: Metuh Wants Jonathan As Witness - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dasukigate: Metuh Wants Jonathan As Witness (23433 Views)

N400m Fraud: Metuh Writes DSS To Allow Dasuki To Testify As Witness / Court Rejects Metuh’s Bid To Call Dasuki As Witness / #dasukigate: Metuh’s Absence In Court Stalls Trial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dasukigate: Metuh Wants Jonathan As Witness by dre11(m): 7:49am On Feb 22, 2016
•PDP chieftain files no case submission

From Godwin Tsa, Abuja

NATIONAL Publicity Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Chief Olisa Metuh, has told a Federal High Court that the Eco­nomic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) cannot prosecute him without inter­rogating former President Goodluck Jonathan regarding the source of the N400 million alleged to be part of arms purchase funds.

Metuh, who has filed a no case submission asking the court to discharge him from the seven- count money laundering charge preferred against him and his company, Destra Investment Limited, said the Prosecution Witness (PW5) evidence that presentation for which money was paid was made to Jonathan makes the investigation of his role as well as his evidence vital and indeed crucial without which no prima facie case can conceivably be said to have been made out. Chief Onyechi Ikpeazu (SAN) led Metuh’s defence team.

“Dr. Jonathan, to whom the presentation was made for which the payment was made, is therefore a material and in­dispensible person in order for a prima facie case to be present. Where the prosecution failed to call such a vital witness, a strong presumption will arise that the evidence, if called, would be unfavourable to the prosecution.

Metuh argued that the EFCC has not established a prima facie case against him in line with Sections 302 and 357 of the Administration of Criminal Justice Act (ACJA) 2015 since the prosecution has not made such case against him and his company.

“In any case, the “mens rea’ of the defendants to the effect that former NSA, Col. Sambo Dasuki (retd) committed a criminal offence cannot be inferred, but must be established by a competent evidence which must come from the prosecution.

It is the case of Metuh that no evidence was laid out by the prosecution that N400 million was the proceed of alleged criminal conduct committed by Dasuki, adding that if anything, all the documents presented by the prosecution in the case only point out that the former NSA complied with due process and the contrary has not been pronounced by the court of competent jurisdiction.

“In this case, by the evidence of PW3 who works in the Office of the National Security Adviser [ONSA], the NSA is answerable to the then President Goodluck Jonathan only,” he said.

Metuh said Section 15 [2] [d] of the ACJA requires the proof that the money must be proceed of an unlawful act.

“In this case, it has not been established that the defendants knew that the ONSA engaged in any unlawful acts, adding that an unlawful act must be an act which is not authorised or approved and which has been found to be illegal.

“There was no evidence that the defendants were involved in any forged documents to create a contract where none was in fact, in existence. “Pw8, the inves­tigator was emphatic that he found no relationship of any kind between the defendants and Col. Sambo Dasuki.”

Meanwhile, Metuh took a fresh plea of not guilty in the amended charge against him and his earlier bail was restored by the court.

The fresh charge has nothing substantial as it did not alter the earlier one, but was just to correct some legal wordings contained in the previous charge sheet.

Justice Abang Okon, had granted Metuh leave to file his written no case submission after Ikpeazu moved an oral application that was not opposed by the prosecution counsel.

The judge ruled that the defence counsel is in control of his brief and at liberty to take any decision or action that was in the best interest of his client.

In granting the leave, Justice Okon directed counsel to file written addresses for and against the no case submission. While Metuh was directed to file his process yesterday, the prosecution counsel upon receipt of service, was directed to reply within three days to enable the defence counsel to reply on point of law within 24 hours.

Further hearing was adjourned to February 25 for adoption of written addresses.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/dasukigate-metuh-wants-jonathan-as-witness/
Re: Dasukigate: Metuh Wants Jonathan As Witness by Opinedecandid(m): 7:50am On Feb 22, 2016
Really, which Jonathan?
The heroic hero with the golden heart?
The clear-conscience conscientious man?

The defender, protector and facilitator of our democracy?

Mr. Statesman.
Mr. Humble.
Mr. Humane.
Mr. Milk-of-human-kindness.
Mr. Love.
Mr. "No-blood-should-be-spilled-for-my-election"

The Goodluck Jonathan of our time?

He will speak fearlessly and sincerely.

37 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Dasukigate: Metuh Wants Jonathan As Witness by SeverusSnape(m): 7:51am On Feb 22, 2016
Good. Jona has nothing to hide, A clear conscience fears no accusation.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dasukigate: Metuh Wants Jonathan As Witness by Gracito(f): 7:52am On Feb 22, 2016
D
Re: Dasukigate: Metuh Wants Jonathan As Witness by tayebest(m): 7:54am On Feb 22, 2016
Metuh i like your style! He is using all means to work with Fg and send Otueke tapper to jail grin grin grin

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dasukigate: Metuh Wants Jonathan As Witness by PassingShot(m): 7:59am On Feb 22, 2016
Why has EFCC not invited GEJ?

I hope PMB will not place the Ineffectual Buffoon above the law.

10 Likes

Re: Dasukigate: Metuh Wants Jonathan As Witness by modath(f): 8:00am On Feb 22, 2016
It's logical!! The onus is on the IB to state what "job" he gave Nurse that is worth 400m & paid for by office of the NSA..

18 Likes

Re: Dasukigate: Metuh Wants Jonathan As Witness by SeverusSnape(m): 8:00am On Feb 22, 2016
PassingShot:

I hope PMB will not place the Ineffectual Buffoon above the law.
The illiterate dullard knows GEJ is UNTOUCHABLE. cool

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dasukigate: Metuh Wants Jonathan As Witness by vosquare: 8:02am On Feb 22, 2016
grin grin

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dasukigate: Metuh Wants Jonathan As Witness by ijustdey: 8:03am On Feb 22, 2016
NATIONAL Publicity Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Chief Olisa Metuh, has told a Federal High Court that the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) cannot prosecute him without interrogating former President Goodluck Jonathan regarding the source of the N400 million alleged to be part of arms purchase funds.

why did he tore his first statement

because I understand that he tore it cause he did implicate the former president

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dasukigate: Metuh Wants Jonathan As Witness by Nobody: 8:05am On Feb 22, 2016
i hate gej

7 Likes

Re: Dasukigate: Metuh Wants Jonathan As Witness by KingsWillRoyal: 8:08am On Feb 22, 2016
serious
Re: Dasukigate: Metuh Wants Jonathan As Witness by ijustdey: 8:08am On Feb 22, 2016
SeverusSnape:

if GEJ is untouchable as you want me to believe..... why was PEJ crying during election that she doesn't want her husband to be in prison because she believed that PMB will send him after weighing on how corrupt her husband was.

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dasukigate: Metuh Wants Jonathan As Witness by SeverusSnape(m): 8:11am On Feb 22, 2016
ijustdey:

if GEJ is untouchable as you want me to believe..... why was PEJ crying during election that she doesn't want her husband to be in prison because she believed that PMB will send him after weighing on how corrupt her husband was.
You lie, When was she crying that the dull man will send her husband to prison?.

GEJ is busy enjoying his retirement while some inconsequential butt-lickers are there killing themselves over him?... Very pathetic.

19 Likes

Re: Dasukigate: Metuh Wants Jonathan As Witness by PassingShot(m): 8:12am On Feb 22, 2016
[s]
SeverusSnape:

[/s]

28 Likes

Re: Dasukigate: Metuh Wants Jonathan As Witness by bcomputer101: 8:13am On Feb 22, 2016
Like seriously I miss Fela Anikulapo Kuti...

in Idris Albukareem voice:- "Nigeria Jaga_Jaga

I don't know why GEJ is still moving freely. I keep wondering why EFCC never question GEJ, I keep wondering why GMB as been so silent about GEJ.
Hmm! e get as e be

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dasukigate: Metuh Wants Jonathan As Witness by sdindan: 8:16am On Feb 22, 2016
It can't happen. We can't take it. wasting of time.
Re: Dasukigate: Metuh Wants Jonathan As Witness by Firefire(m): 8:16am On Feb 22, 2016
[quote author=SeverusSnape post=43141332]
The illiterate dullard knows GEJ is UNTOUCHABLE. cool [/quot]

Who born the monkey. grin
Re: Dasukigate: Metuh Wants Jonathan As Witness by ijustdey: 8:19am On Feb 22, 2016
SeverusSnape:

You lie, When was she crying that the dull man will send her husband to prison?.

[s]GEJ is busy enjoying his retirement while some inconsequential butt-lickers are there killing themselves over him?... Very pathetic[/s].

let me refresh your memory..

www.nairaland.com/2199894/im-not-ready-feed-husband

http://dailypost.ng/2015/03/19/buharis-wife-tells-patience-jonathan-dont-be-afraid-to-go-to-jail/

www.lindaikejisblog.com/2015/03/if-buhari-wins-apc-will-jail-me.html?m=1

I was present life and direct when she made one if the statement at Ibadan

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dasukigate: Metuh Wants Jonathan As Witness by maverickboy: 8:19am On Feb 22, 2016
Only foolish fellow will believe prosecution of these scums who have got among the best brains in judicial realm watching their backs will be an easy task. These guys just too know how to maneuver their ways around the Nigeria' corruption charged judicial system.

2 Likes

Re: Dasukigate: Metuh Wants Jonathan As Witness by Aufbauh(m): 8:21am On Feb 22, 2016
"Jonathan was misled, cajoled, messed up and put in complete darkness by a cabal in his government as far as the political process was concerned then" - Gulak (GEJ special adviser on political matters)

Now that one of them has called him out, he will have no option than to answer to the voice of reason.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dasukigate: Metuh Wants Jonathan As Witness by Firefire(m): 8:21am On Feb 22, 2016
[s]
PassingShot:

I hope PMB will not place the Ineffectutal Buffoon above the law.
[/s]

APC still making mockery of Nigerian legal system. Shame!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dasukigate: Metuh Wants Jonathan As Witness by SeverusSnape(m): 8:23am On Feb 22, 2016
ijustdey:

let me refresh your memory..

www.nairaland.com/2199894/im-not-ready-feed-husband

http://dailypost.ng/2015/03/19/buharis-wife-tells-patience-jonathan-dont-be-afraid-to-go-to-jail/

www.lindaikejisblog.com/2015/03/if-buhari-wins-apc-will-jail-me.html?m=1

I was present life and direct when she made one if the statement at Ibadan

Thank you very much.

Doesn't change the fact that Jona remains untouchable.

7 Likes

Re: Dasukigate: Metuh Wants Jonathan As Witness by Mylove55(f): 8:26am On Feb 22, 2016
SeverusSnape:
Good. Jona has nothing to hide, A clear conscience fears no accusation.
are u normal? Who loose u from cage?

19 Likes

Re: Dasukigate: Metuh Wants Jonathan As Witness by SeverusSnape(m): 8:30am On Feb 22, 2016
Mylove55:
are u normal? Who loose u from cage?
Yes, I'm normal. Are you abnormal?

6 Likes

Re: Dasukigate: Metuh Wants Jonathan As Witness by frankyychiji(f): 8:42am On Feb 22, 2016
modath:

It's logical!! The onus is on the IB to state what "job" he gave Nurse that is worth 400m & paid for by office of the NSA..
So what is Dinhoh waiting for, let him go after the Hero nah. undecided

1 Like

Re: Dasukigate: Metuh Wants Jonathan As Witness by frankyychiji(f): 8:45am On Feb 22, 2016
SeverusSnape:

Dinhoh knows he wont dare!! Forget the zombies here masturbating and spewing cum on themselves cheesy

...ah! OrlandoOwoh is already here!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dasukigate: Metuh Wants Jonathan As Witness by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:45am On Feb 22, 2016
SeverusSnape:
Shut up!

14 Likes

Re: Dasukigate: Metuh Wants Jonathan As Witness by SeverusSnape(m): 8:47am On Feb 22, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:
Shut up!
Shut down!!!

10 Likes

Re: Dasukigate: Metuh Wants Jonathan As Witness by frankyychiji(f): 8:49am On Feb 22, 2016
ijustdey:

why did he tore his first statement

because I understand that he tore it cause he did implicate the former president
That's the media trash Buhary is feeding you with, he is taking advantage of your low IQ.

3 Likes

Re: Dasukigate: Metuh Wants Jonathan As Witness by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:49am On Feb 22, 2016
Mamam Peace should start learning how to be taking food to one's husband in prison, as she once feared.

7 Likes

Re: Dasukigate: Metuh Wants Jonathan As Witness by maasoap(m): 9:36am On Feb 22, 2016
It is getting messier for GEJ. Even Buhari wants to shield him, people like Metuh, Dasuki who ran errands on his behalf and on his instructions will drag him into these cases which is normal and logical.

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Olusola Oke Final Mega Rally In Akure(pics) / Akpabio’s Planned Defection To APC Unsettles PDP - NewTelegraphOnline / Jegede Storms Police HQ To Protest Attacks On His Campaign Vehicles By APC Thugs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.