Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,814 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:16 PM

How Does Fame/paparazzi Affect A Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Does Fame/paparazzi Affect A Relationship (1891 Views)

Some Factors That May Affect A Woman's Fertility / How Does Low Spert Count Affect A Male Sexual Performance? / How Does Height Affect Your Dating Decision? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Does Fame/paparazzi Affect A Relationship by TheSeeker(m): 2:41am On Jul 11, 2009
I need opinions on how fame affects a relationship -- the paparazzi might range from being a local star to a world class -- but the overall picture of what I want to know is how it affects a relationship. Does it help? Does it mar?
Re: How Does Fame/paparazzi Affect A Relationship by Beaf: 3:01am On Jul 11, 2009
My friend go and sit down! Are you looking for Holywood sugar mummy? grin
Re: How Does Fame/paparazzi Affect A Relationship by TheSeeker(m): 3:03am On Jul 11, 2009
Beaf:

My friend go and sit down! Are you looking for Holywood sugar mummy? grin

Like there's any on NL. Try harder
Re: How Does Fame/paparazzi Affect A Relationship by Nobody: 3:46am On Jul 11, 2009
it affects a great deal,  i mean wouldnt any relationship be affected if there was a guy taking photos of everything you did, everywhere you went, every people you talked to in the clubs, everyone you left the club with, every time your nipple slip AND PLASTER IT ON THE MEDIA?
i mean, a woman could forgive you some little mistakes but if the whole world knows about it, then her actions will be judge by the whople world and therefore even if she doesnt want to, she will act accordingly.
there are millions of women who forgive their men after they caught them cheating but if the whole world knows about it and you are a star then staying with him might send the wrong signal to fans out there etc.
also lets not forget that some people use the media to keep their name out there because fame is addictive and people need the whole world to talk about them, for whatever reason. some few "sexy photos" supposedly stolen from a laptop can bring google searches with a star name to unexpected level.
its all about star power, the more you are out there, the more they think they are still famous. so unless the other person in that relationship is numero uno, it is difficult for anyone with genuine feeling to stick with it.
Re: How Does Fame/paparazzi Affect A Relationship by TheSeeker(m): 4:10am On Jul 11, 2009
MRbrownJAY:

it affects a great deal,  i mean wouldnt any relationship be affected if there was a guy taking photos of everything you did, everywhere you went, every people you talked to in the clubs, everyone you left the club with, every time your nipple slip AND PLASTER IT ON THE MEDIA?
i mean, a woman could forgive you some little mistakes but if the whole world knows about it, then her actions will be judge by the whople world and therefore even if she doesnt want to, she will act accordingly.
there are millions of women who forgive their men after they caught them cheating but if the whole world knows about it and you are a star then staying with him might send the wrong signal to fans out there etc.

also lets not forget that some people use the media to keep their name out there because fame is addictive and people need the whole world to talk about them, for whatever reason. some few "sexy photos" supposedly stolen from a laptop can bring google searches with a star name to unexpected level.
its all about star power, the more you are out there, the more they think they are still famous. so unless the other person in that relationship is numero uno, it is difficult for anyone with genuine feeling to stick with it.

Are you saying their relationships aren't absolutely stocked with genuine feelings? I'd say some are with genuine feelings but with just a minority of them. Nevertheless, for those who have involved their true feelings, don't you think it'd help them more if they concentrate on their relationship without having to worry about what the majority thinks? Well, I do get your point -- if they are concerned more with the public, then their relationship to me, is built on falsehood. I still remember, despite scandals, some wives have forgiven their unfaithful famous husbands, Hilary Clinton is an example. t
Re: How Does Fame/paparazzi Affect A Relationship by Nobody: 4:32am On Jul 11, 2009
TheSeeker:

Are you saying their relationships aren't absolutely stocked with genuine feelings? I'd say some are with genuine feelings but with just a minority of them. Nevertheless, for those who have involved their true feelings, don't you think it'd help them more if they concentrate on their relationship without having to worry about what the majority thinks? Well, I do get your point -- if they are concerned more with the public, then their relationship to me, is built on falsehood. I still remember, despite scandals, some wives have forgiven their unfaithful famous husbands, Hilary Clinton is an example. t

no no, their relationships are with genuine feelings but the problem lies in what the opposite side can see.
do we know everything our women do when we are not there. do we see who they chat to and talk to. if you find something out from the media that she forgot to mention or disclose then the relationship is going to take a hit.
of course, if your girl is totally honest with what she does when you are not there then fair enough. the problem lies with what the opposite partner can take.

Hilary Clinton used that scandal to her advantage, she was seen as a "strong" woman due to the fact that not a lot of people saw what Bill did as "wrong". that guy was still high in the poll in well after his scandal. if she had divorce him, she would have never had the chance of running for office.
although they are still "together" its all a charade and they dont even sleep in the same bed any longer(they sleep in the same house less than 60days a year).
i mean this is not the first bimbo that Bill had, the list is endless and she would have to be either very stupid or just out for something else.
every people have different views of it but  i think many A list people listen to their publicist before all.
look at Mel Gibson, he is in deep shit with divorce thanks to the media. his wife has now all thr proof that their was cheating in his part (a great way to have the judge rule in your favor) and if that wasnt enough, the media reported.still reporting that the russian beauty is pregnant. all this wahala could have been avoided if the media didnt snoop around or if Mel Gibson was just some random rich guys.
Re: How Does Fame/paparazzi Affect A Relationship by TheSeeker(m): 5:27am On Jul 11, 2009
MRbrownJAY:

no no, their relationships are with genuine feelings but the problem lies in what the opposite side can see.
do we know everything our women do when we are not there. do we see who they chat to and talk to. if you find something out from the media that she forgot to mention or disclose then the relationship is going to take a hit.
of course, if your girl is totally honest with what she does when you are not there then fair enough. the problem lies with what the opposite partner can take.

Hilary Clinton used that scandal to her advantage, she was seen as a "strong" woman due to the fact that not a lot of people saw what Bill did as "wrong". that guy was still high in the poll in well after his scandal. if she had divorce him, she would have never had the chance of running for office.
although they are still "together" its all a charade and they dont even sleep in the same bed any longer(they sleep in the same house less than 60days a year).
i mean this is not the first bimbo that Bill had, the list is endless and she would have to be either very stupid or just out for something else.
every people have different views of it but  i think many A list people listen to their publicist before all.
look at Mel Gibson, he is in deep shit with divorce thanks to the media. his wife has now all thr proof that their was cheating in his part (a great way to have the judge rule in your favor) and if that wasnt enough, the media reported.still reporting that the russian beauty is pregnant. all this wahala could have been avoided if the media didnt snoop around or if Mel Gibson was just some random rich guys.

That is right but considering the word "fame and paparazzi", politicians and artistes are best fit in this group, but, why does it seem that artistes tend to divorce more than the politicians? There have been so many scandals lately --- the ex NY Governor Spitzer, the SC Governor Mark Sanford, John Edwards(even when the woman he's involved with claims she has a child for him), lots of republican and democrats reps-- yet, their wives haven't divorced neither are they separated from them. What can we attribute this to? They love their spouses more than the wives or husbands of artistes do? Or is it because power + fame + money is much better compared to just fame+money?
Re: How Does Fame/paparazzi Affect A Relationship by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jul 11, 2009
TheSeeker:

That is right but considering the word "fame and paparazzi", politicians and artistes are best fit in this group, but, why does it seem that artistes tend to divorce more than the politicians? There have been so many scandals lately --- the ex NY Governor Spitzer, the SC Governor Mark Sanford, John Edwards(even when the woman he's involved with claims she has a child for him), lots of republican and democrats reps-- yet, their wives haven't divorced neither are they separated from them. What can we attribute this to? They love their spouses more than the wives or husbands of artistes do? Or is it because power + fame + money is much better compared to just fame+money?

yeah the trend is more that politicians etc tend to cheat on their long time spouse and therefore most would stick with them due the time they shared together while the artist are the ones who usually stick to a couple of year union and then divorce. i guess after being with someone for 10+ years, you know what kind of man you got and therefore these women know the drill. apart from that senator who turned out gay, most wives stick to their man and stand by them. to divorce a powerful man is a big step. no more perks for these wives. being the senator/congressman's wife brings a LOT OF perks.
the attraction of money is also very real. the wife of a very successful artist is in line to get a massive pay check when she divorces while the wife of the cheating senator is getting very little if only her pride.
so we can safely say that some wives out there divorce and take their husbands for everything they got (if they have anything to take at the first place) and if not, they are better off brushing that cheating slip off under the rug.
we all know that to be credible in the eyes of the masses, a politician"should" be successfully married. then when he get elected he can divorce and fool around "Sarkozy style". this guy was already separated from his wife due to extensive cheating but they pretended to be together and happy so that he could be elected. as soon as he got elected, he safely divorced his wife and married that Bruni chick. if he had divorced his wife and married bruni before election, he would have never been elected.
Re: How Does Fame/paparazzi Affect A Relationship by iice(f): 3:33am On Jul 12, 2009
Can be disastrous. . .hard when all your shit is laid out there. And people always in your shit, trying to know your biz angry tongue
Re: How Does Fame/paparazzi Affect A Relationship by bluespice(f): 3:39am On Jul 12, 2009
doesnt help
most times it mars watever future there coulda been
Re: How Does Fame/paparazzi Affect A Relationship by TheSeeker(m): 4:17pm On Jul 12, 2009
MRbrownJAY:

yeah the trend is more that politicians etc tend to cheat on their long time spouse and therefore most would stick with them due the time they shared together while the artist are the ones who usually stick to a couple of year union and then divorce. i guess after being with someone for 10+ years, you know what kind of man you got and therefore these women know the drill. apart from that senator who turned out gay, most wives stick to their man and stand by them. to divorce a powerful man is a big step. no more perks for these wives. being the senator/congressman's wife brings a LOT OF perks.
the attraction of money is also very real. the wife of a very successful artist is in line to get a massive pay check when she divorces while the wife of the cheating senator is getting very little if only her pride.
so we can safely say that some wives out there divorce and take their husbands for everything they got (if they have anything to take at the first place) and if not, they are better off brushing that cheating slip off under the rug.
we all know that to be credible in the eyes of the masses, a politician"should" be successfully married. then when he get elected he can divorce and fool around "Sarkozy style". this guy was already separated from his wife due to extensive cheating but they pretended to be together and happy so that he could be elected. as soon as he got elected, he safely divorced his wife and married that Bruni chick. if he had divorced his wife and married bruni before election, he would have never been elected.
Yes you are right. May I also add this chip that these politicians' wives tend to show more love, not just for the money, but because they know the kind of man they got like you have highlighted. I still have cause to believe that no matter how long these artistes have known each other, they still love the divorce stigma. The problem with most of them is that they want to be in the public eye and don't ever for any reason want to stay down. There are many dimensions to it though, but whatever it is with the marriage for these artistes, it is all about fame and the money. Fame while the marriage lasts and the money when the whole deal is done. Also, I think their relationship cum marriage aren't well thought carefully before the jump into it. They are in a relationship in a year and the next they end up in Las Vegas exchanging rings. I do believe that sometimes when they keep their relationships off the wire, it tends to become successful as long as they introduce much efforts to keep it alive --- just like Beyonce and Jay Z. They ostentatiously denied their relationship even when they were both spotted everywhere together, worst of all, they got married very very secretly, the same goes for Nick Cannon and Mariah Carey. But both marriages largely depended on how they got along well and the respect they both share. I do also have an idea how much Jay adores Beyonce(when he sent thugs to beat up Sean Paul because he hung with Beyonce) and how Nick is protective of Mariah(he publicly wanted to diss Eminem about a track he made to mar Mariah). Without having to become nosey, you can tell what they share and how they respectfully go on about each other. The opposite was with Usher, though people including myself didn't support his choice for marriage and no matter how low they kept it, they are getting a divorce. They both denied having problems but not long enough and it blew up in Usher's face. That I can tell she was there for the money and no one knew her anyways. Lots of these female artistes who go into marriage or relationship with fellow artistes are always money conscious --- Look at Kalis and NAS. She's requesting $80K from NAS for as her weekly expenses. That's so annoying. Paparazzi, I think doesn't affect them sometimes because they bring the attention of the press on themselves by their actions which most times aren't called for. Howbeit, I still think it helps them in most cases but they do more harm than good.

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Big Women So Enduring? / Why Are Some Guys So Sick? / Would You Tell?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.