Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,838 members, 7,802,684 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:49 PM

3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying (69379 Views)

Groom Crying On His Wedding, What May Be Wrong? / My 1st Daughter Saw Her 1st Period Today & She’s Been Crying All Day - Doctor / It's Our Wedding Anniversary! Help Us Thank Jehovah. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by ercel: 12:16pm On Feb 23, 2016
yommys01:
me no sex? For where? She is pregnant sef.
The fact that she is pregnant is enough to make her act weird,brace up for more till she delivers
Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by cr7lomo: 12:17pm On Feb 23, 2016
Maybe she's a 10 yr old trapped inside the body of a 25yr old

1 Like

Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by shizzy7(f): 12:17pm On Feb 23, 2016
yommys01:
Wrong. The only time she called an outsider in our affair it was my mom.

She and the dad are very close though. He has called 4 times today already.
People are just commenting sengemenge since...

Me I want to see the face of the crying baby and your wedding pishures .....
Dasall.
Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by mykaboo: 12:17pm On Feb 23, 2016
Did she want to marry? Doesn't sound like it at all.
Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by daylae(m): 12:17pm On Feb 23, 2016
yommys01:
this might have triggered her emotions due to her high hormonal state. Let her spend time with family and friends too. She'll get over it and you'll eventually have her to yourself. . .you'll probably find it not that easy severing the bond she has with her family especially. Make it a gradual process.
Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by LEGSTRONG(m): 12:18pm On Feb 23, 2016
Please be very very patient. I mean you need to speak to yourself at this point. Let yourself know you have married a woman whose Joy comes from being around Family. So make her happy. Let her know she can have them over or she can go over when she wishes......and as a sharp guy i know you will like the latter.
Please manage the situation so she does not fall out of love with you. she loves you but cannot easily let go of where she is coming from.
Be a man. IGNORE AND INDULGE grin

2 Likes

Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by yungkelz(m): 12:18pm On Feb 23, 2016
Don't u get de message? She wants real sex.
Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by centozikas: 12:18pm On Feb 23, 2016
Amhappy:
This reminds me of a wedding i attended,the bride sobbed so loud and long after church that it almost disrupted the reception.The Rev. Fr had to come back and ask her whether she no want the marriage again so that he will announce the annulment right there.
Does she stay in d north and is Relocating to the south a much busy place

1 Share

Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by Nobody: 12:19pm On Feb 23, 2016
yommys01:

4 times today already. make the man come stay with unah small
Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by Naomite(f): 12:20pm On Feb 23, 2016
LMao just here 2 read comments and they re danm hilarious I tell u.

Btw happy marriage live dude!

2 Likes

Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by diva90: 12:20pm On Feb 23, 2016
Understandable! I believe every woman struggles with this same issue but people handle it differently. I also don't want to believe that your wife was not emotionally prepared for the marriage prior to making such commitment. I struggled with same feelings as your wife and months after marriage I was still missing home. It's not easy but she will get used to it with time. Try to be understanding and tolerant with her mood swings
Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by freshvine(f): 12:21pm On Feb 23, 2016
Baptism of fire.... Brace up for more.

Women are drama Queens they don't even understand themselves.

OP, if she cry again, cry harder with her.... If you don't she'll interpret it you don't love her. The sequence of events that will happen when she form the notion you'd think your village people are on your case.

Welcome to the marriage institution where everyone enters but prays not to live in.
Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by Burger01(m): 12:21pm On Feb 23, 2016
MizMyColi:
I think it's pretty normal for someone who has forged very strong familial bonds with their relation.

This might sound harshsmiley
But you need to go tough in love.

While scolding her might sound like an option, it might turn out to be counter productive.

First, stop indulging and petting her.
I'm sure you've told her by now that she is now married to you, and that both of you need to be strong both mentally and emotionally for each other to build your lives.

If you have had this pep talk with her, and she is still tearing up.
Permit her to go to her house.
Tell her to stay as long as she likes and she shouldn't return until you come for her.

This sounds brutal, but it seems an efficient way to cure that unwanted spirit in her.
Op, a word is enough for the wise. Good luck and HML smiley
Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by Holyfield1(m): 12:21pm On Feb 23, 2016
yommys01:
Na nairaland open ya eyes... grin
Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by Bigtoto(f): 12:21pm On Feb 23, 2016
[quote author=sandman007 post=43176482][/quote]nwanne
Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by DolaPat: 12:23pm On Feb 23, 2016
prettysolid:
Rubbish. Simply cry when shes crying. Lets see who will cry pass
kai, you too get sense PrettySolid......omg.you just gave the best advice

2 Likes

Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by fctguy: 12:24pm On Feb 23, 2016
yommys01:

I was right to say she was over-pampered and over-protected, seems the dad does not know when to let go of his gal
Am not saying she's a bad girl but she should know that this is her home, her hubby, her family.
She should not ignore the dad's call rather she should explain to the dad that she needs to settle down with her man and he should allow her do that cuz the calls are distracting and immature

Now i can see the root of the problem; its the parent of the girl undecided
hope they will not cause problem in your home
You need to be very smart and mature in handling this matter; to be in the good books of your in-law at same time have full attention of your wife

1 Like

Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by scobaba: 12:25pm On Feb 23, 2016
Husband no come dem cry. Husband come dem still cry. Shes lucky to have seen a husband at 25. My wife was really happy to get married. Shes child numbr 8, dem won use house work kill am. As i propose she move in... No tym. By marriage, she don know the house pass my landlord grin

8 Likes

Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by blesoh(f): 12:26pm On Feb 23, 2016
Which kind yeye cry be that, send her back so that she can live with her daddy forever. Mtheeew.
Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by BuddhaPalm(m): 12:26pm On Feb 23, 2016
yommys01:
I got married on Saturday 20th of February 2016. We were in an hotel till Monday, wanted us to stay longer but she refused saying she wants to go home ( that used to be my house).

Ever since we got home yesterday ( Monday), she has been crying. Called her mom, she prayed for her, my mom called her too and prayed for her.

She stopped crying for a while, we woke up with another round of crying this morning.

This is breaking my heart. I hate to cry as it often leads me to depression now I am close to tears myself.

I don't know if I have done something wrong or what to do. It is hurting as she cries.

When we were dating, she finds it difficult without her family for long " oh, I am already missing my dad, I am already missing my siblings" could this be the reason?

One day she came to mine from home as we have Dr appointment early and she lives in another state, she got to mine and 1 hour later she wanted to go home. "I am missing my dad sha" which got me annoyed then.

Could it be that the crying now is linked? She is 25 and I am 30 and we spent quite some time together before marriage. The fact we used to be together for so long makes it more confusing. This is a house she has always been in why the crying now?

It is hurting me. Badly and I am confused.

What do I do?

Lol, this is rather funny.

I believe this is where you tease the sh1t out of her.

And for the record, I find the bolded rather disturbing...
Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by ocheejemb: 12:26pm On Feb 23, 2016
yommys01:
I got married on Saturday 20th of February 2016. We were in an hotel till Monday, wanted us to stay longer but she refused saying she wants to go home ( that used to be my house).

Ever since we got home yesterday ( Monday), she has been crying. Called her mom, she prayed for her, my mom called her too and prayed for her.

She stopped crying for a while, we woke up with another round of crying this morning.

This is breaking my heart. I hate to cry as it often leads me to depression now I am close to tears myself.

I don't know if I have done something wrong or what to do. It is hurting as she cries.

When we were dating, she finds it difficult without her family for long " oh, I am already missing my dad, I am already missing my siblings" could this be the reason?

One day she came to mine from home as we have Dr appointment early and she lives in another state, she got to mine and 1 hour later she wanted to go home. "I am missing my dad sha" which got me annoyed then.

Could it be that the crying now is linked? She is 25 and I am 30 and we spent quite some time together before marriage. The fact we used to be together for so long makes it more confusing. This is a house she has always been in why the crying now?

What do I do?

Call her bluff. Tell her to go home if she wants, what did she think marriage is aboout? What kind of rubbish is that?
Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by centozikas: 12:26pm On Feb 23, 2016
smithsydny:
4 times today already. make the man come stay with unah small
ABEG JUST SEND HER TO HER DAD FOR WEEKEND kiss
Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by brossam2001(m): 12:26pm On Feb 23, 2016
You go marry small Girl as wife, how she nor go cry.
Go marry ladies of 36 - 38 years na she go dey pet you , tell you say make u no cry.

Even if tears wan come her face, na she go tell tears say no be today ooo, e don tell wey I dey cry make man come, so tears arrange yaself

2 Likes

Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by Mudley313: 12:26pm On Feb 23, 2016
yommys01:

What do I do?

this woman definitely didn't attend boarding school...this is the emotional homesickness feeling and crying we use to display when we first left home for boarding school...the only difference is that we were just about 12-13 years of age...maybe na the belle dey make am act like small pikin...she need to grow up though cos she herself will soon become a mother of her own building a new family herself with you...it's called adulthood

2 Likes

Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by Lovinggod(f): 12:27pm On Feb 23, 2016
prettysolid:
Rubbish. Simply cry when shes crying. Lets see who will cry pass

you are funny

2 Likes

Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by yapapa: 12:28pm On Feb 23, 2016
tear her betta slap
Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by dikeigbo2(m): 12:29pm On Feb 23, 2016
lonngmann:
erm..did you pratice no sex before marriage?

It might be because of what she saw on her wedding night that is making her cry

Especially the fact that she has to live with it like that for the rest of her life grin

Be more explicit please
Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by damiso(f): 12:30pm On Feb 23, 2016
I can really feel your wife as I also came from a home that was always bustling with people to just being me and my husband alone( mine was even worse as was miles and miles away from home) I cried sege on my wedding day ehn( wept sef) cos i was very close to my parents.

Pregnancy hormones could also be contributing to her being emotional but she will settle down eventually don't worry. Na me sef dey run from some family gatherings these days as I cant deal with the drama cheesy

Besides Saturday was just like 4 days ago na bros?

I would be worried if she was still crying a couple of weeks down the line but i am so sure she wont especially by the time you both settle into into normal day to day routine.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by chichriso: 12:32pm On Feb 23, 2016
[size=18pt]She needs your caring right now[/size]
Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by kalusky02(m): 12:33pm On Feb 23, 2016
Give her time, she will get over the idea that she still belongs to her money. She will soon realise that marriage is long time contract.
Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by yommys01(m): 12:33pm On Feb 23, 2016
centozikas:

Does she stay in d north and is Relocating to the south a much busy place
We both stay in Lagos but will relocate by May when we will be few weeks into parenthood.
Re: 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying by lysim: 12:33pm On Feb 23, 2016
MissingBudget:
cheesy She's not ready for marriage. You should have married another dperson and let's watch her miss her dad when she's 35 years old.

Abi oh.

Btw op, caution her dad. Just 12:30pm, 4 times already? Which kind thing be dis sef? HML

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

First Class Twin Sisters To Marry On The Same Day - Photos / Man Figuring Out How To Carry His Wife Up Like Other Men Did (pics) / 22-Year-Old Lady Finally Finds Her Dad Who Impregnated Her Mum And Ran Away.PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.