Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,291 members, 7,807,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:31 AM

Naija Girls And Fashion Mishap - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Naija Girls And Fashion Mishap (7387 Views)

See My Beautiful Naija Girls. (photos) / Nigerian Girls And Cycling Shorts. / Worst Fashion Mishap You've Ever Had (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naija Girls And Fashion Mishap by Busta(f): 4:05pm On Jul 11, 2009
why do naija girls like to abuse some major fashion trends? Why do we like to take everything to the extreme and at the end, you tend to make yourself look like a zombie. First it was the Knee length boots, mainly worn during the cold weather overseas. Then came stockings, eye shadows, contact lenses, fake nails, fake eyelashes and now the lace weave, OMG, might as well pour some flour and colours on your face!

Saw some pictures on facebook and I don't wanna hurt nobody by posting pictures on here.

Yeah, it's ok to wear your shit but wear it right, don't be posing with blonde hair and blue eyes, come on now people.

2 Likes

Re: Naija Girls And Fashion Mishap by mohawkchic(f): 4:45pm On Jul 11, 2009
~The chics who wear the Knee length Boots & Stockings are in Naija?
Re: Naija Girls And Fashion Mishap by Busta(f): 4:59pm On Jul 11, 2009
mohawkchic:

~The chics who wear the Knee length Boots & Stockings are in Naija?

funny thing was that Ini edo was wearing that in some naija movie I saw recently.

1 Like

Re: Naija Girls And Fashion Mishap by mohawkchic(f): 5:16pm On Jul 11, 2009
~Oh! In a scene based in Naija?

~You know how sometimes they shoot a scene thats "Supposedly somewhere in Europe". . they dress kinda. . .Hmm :She certainly aint the only one guilty of wearing boots in Movies tho. . the Fashion Crimes they commit in some movies. . .

~I dont suppose they actually wear Knee length boots/Stockings on a nite out undecided
Re: Naija Girls And Fashion Mishap by Busta(f): 9:17pm On Jul 11, 2009
Nope, I think she was the senator or president's daughter or something like that in the naija movie. There was a party scene and she was wearing the stockings underneath a dress. . . For real o.

I heard they're even more crazy about the stockings and knee lenght boot fashion in Jos since the weather there is a lil bit colder than other states.
Re: Naija Girls And Fashion Mishap by Shentz(f): 11:22pm On Jul 11, 2009
oh so someone has noticed. Thank the heavens above someone has also noticed
Re: Naija Girls And Fashion Mishap by iice(f): 3:23am On Jul 12, 2009
mohawkchic:

~The chics who wear the Knee length Boots & Stockings are  in Naija?

Wait till you see leather trench coat in the heat cheesy

Busta:

why do naija girls like to abuse some major fashion trends? Why do we like to take everything to the extreme and at the end, you tend to make yourself look like a zombie. First it was the Knee length boots, mainly worn during the cold weather overseas. Then came stockings, eye shadows, contact lenses, fake nails, fake eyelashes and now the lace weave, OMG, might as well pour some flour and colours on your face!

Saw some pictures on facebook and I don't wanna hurt nobody by posting pictures on here.

Yeah, it's ok to wear your shit but wear it right, don't be posing with blonde hair and blue eyes, come on now people.

Busta long time! wink
It's not only backhome oo.  .  .they carry that style abroad.   My sis is always like wth? And the make up shocked All the make up that can be applied will be applied 3 times more than necessary undecided

1 Like

Re: Naija Girls And Fashion Mishap by bluespice(f): 7:29am On Jul 12, 2009
lol
jenifa's their role model grin
Re: Naija Girls And Fashion Mishap by MissyB1(m): 1:49pm On Jul 12, 2009
If the Culprit is Ini Edo. . . . I rest my case!! grin
Re: Naija Girls And Fashion Mishap by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jul 12, 2009
Ewwww  undecided
Boots and stockings 

I bet it's the silly looking highly buckled boots with an elf-like pointed front.

Yuck  tongue

You guys should check out my topic "Fine Naija Men" -> https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-295290.0.html
Re: Naija Girls And Fashion Mishap by Hauwa1: 1:14am On Jul 13, 2009
grin grin grin
Re: Naija Girls And Fashion Mishap by Busta(f): 1:49am On Jul 13, 2009
iice:

Wait till you see leather trench coat in the heat cheesy
LMAOOOOOOO!!!

iice:

Busta long time! wink
It's not only backhome oo. . .they carry that style abroad. My sis is always like wth? And the make up shocked All the make up that can be applied will be applied 3 times more than necessary undecided

My dear, I am good. . . took a brief vacation but back now . . wink
Re: Naija Girls And Fashion Mishap by Nobody: 1:59am On Jul 13, 2009
Ok, I'm not the best dresser in the world, but I know I dress good so I know when I see horrrible.

There's this Nigerian that lives across my dorm building. She's always wearing this long skirts and flowery shirts.

She's nice and friendly and all, but how do I tell I to let go of those wardrobes?

I invited her to come shopping with me/ my friends yest, but she was like "Nah, I'd just stay in my room". I don'tknow what else to tell her, but. . . . one day my mouth go fit say sth I shouldnt say sad

I mean, she has so many long black and brown stretchy dress and diffeent colors/type sof flowery shirts that I don't even know if they're same or different.
Re: Naija Girls And Fashion Mishap by Busta(f): 2:28am On Jul 13, 2009
FL Gators:

Ok, I'm not the best dresser in the world, but I know I dress good so I know when I see horrrible.

There's this Nigerian that lives across my dorm building. She's always wearing this long skirts and flowery shirts.

She's nice and friendly and all, but how do I tell I to let go of those wardrobes?

I invited her to come shopping with me/ my friends yest, but she was like "Nah, I'd just stay in my room". I don'tknow what else to tell her, but. . . . one day my mouth go fit say sth I shouldnt say sad

I mean, she has so many long black and brown stretchy dress and diffeent colors/type sof flowery shirts that I don't even know if they're same or different.

hehehe . . . ever heard of Deeper life?
Re: Naija Girls And Fashion Mishap by mohawkchic(f): 3:29am On Jul 13, 2009
~FLG!! LDKMD {Laff Wan Don Kill Me Die} am laffing so hard here. . .am  cry

~Iice i saw the "Trench Coat" on Military guys on protection detail back home but i figured they were trying to look "Mean" grin Now on Ladies. . i'd love to see!
Re: Naija Girls And Fashion Mishap by Nobody: 3:39am On Jul 13, 2009
LOL

@Busta
Which kain deeper life she still dey do at 90 degrees?
Re: Naija Girls And Fashion Mishap by Busta(f): 3:48am On Jul 13, 2009
FL Gators:

LOL

@Busta
Which kain deeper life she still dey do at 90 degrees?

Ha. . . some really devoted deeper lifers don't joke o. Even in 120 Degrees undecided
Re: Naija Girls And Fashion Mishap by SeanT21(f): 5:22am On Jul 13, 2009
FL Gators:

My advice to you is to "MIND YOUR BUSINESS".Let the girl be.She will grow out of it. wink
Re: Naija Girls And Fashion Mishap by iice(f): 12:47pm On Jul 13, 2009
Busta:

LMAOOOOOOO!!!
My dear, I am good. . . took a brief vacation but back now . . wink

Cool! cheesy

mohawkchic:

~FLG!! LDKMD {Laff Wan Don Kill Me Die} am laffing so hard here. . .am  cry

~Iice i saw the "Trench Coat" on Military guys on protection detail back home but i figured they were trying to look "Mean" grin Now on Ladies. . i'd love to see!

My sista, e tire me ooo cheesy
I remember being in Lagos (it's humid there) and i was passing ladies on the road with leather trench coat and minis with knee high boots. . .in the sweltering heat!! shocked cheesy

FL Gators:

It's not bad now. . .atleast it's simple undecided

The ones i see tire me. . .
Re: Naija Girls And Fashion Mishap by Nobody: 2:42am On Jul 14, 2009
@Seant T
wink

@iice
cheesy cheesy Should I ask?
Re: Naija Girls And Fashion Mishap by iice(f): 1:57pm On Jul 14, 2009
Ask her why she likes those skirts and flowery shirts tongue
Re: Naija Girls And Fashion Mishap by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jul 14, 2009
Make I no ask, she'll think I'm being rude.
And the conversation might lead to sth else. Trust me, I'm very blunt grin grin
Re: Naija Girls And Fashion Mishap by iice(f): 1:03pm On Jul 15, 2009
Oh well undecided lol
Re: Naija Girls And Fashion Mishap by spikedcylinder: 2:35pm On Jul 15, 2009
I saw the thigh high boots on a girl in the blistering sun yesterday. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Naija Girls And Fashion Mishap by shilling(f): 9:07am On Jul 16, 2009
I don't think Nigerian girls have such a horrible fashion sense, but over the holidays in NG, I couldn't help but wonder why many Nigerian girls love colourful eyebrows, from Lagos-Abuja-Port Harcourt, blue, red and purple eyebrows, it was amazing.
Re: Naija Girls And Fashion Mishap by spikedcylinder: 10:44am On Jul 16, 2009
Err. . . thats not particular to Nigerian girls alone.
Re: Naija Girls And Fashion Mishap by mukina2: 12:59pm On Jul 16, 2009
The eyelashes/eyebrow and the colourful lenses irritate me angry angry most of them resemble latter day witches angry
Re: Naija Girls And Fashion Mishap by MrCrackles(m): 1:04pm On Jul 16, 2009
Majority of Nigerian girls always think they are fashion savvy. . . . . .Awon fashion murderers! tongue
They will copy anything they see outhere without using thier own initiatives!
Re: Naija Girls And Fashion Mishap by mukina2: 1:09pm On Jul 16, 2009
Yeah Like brash wearing pink shirt with fake eyelashes grin grin grin
Re: Naija Girls And Fashion Mishap by spikedcylinder: 1:12pm On Jul 16, 2009

Or if you're rather extreme. . . . .

[img]http://homepages.tcp.co.uk/~jhdean/eyebrow.jpg[/img][img]http://defugler.files./2008/07/whoopi.jpg[/img]
Re: Naija Girls And Fashion Mishap by MrCrackles(m): 1:20pm On Jul 16, 2009
mukina2:

Yeah Like brash wearing pink shirt with fake eyelashes grin grin grin

Muki you are a pregnant ostrich. . . .This thread is about Naija girls and fashion calamities. . .Not BRASH! cheesy
Re: Naija Girls And Fashion Mishap by mukina2: 1:23pm On Jul 16, 2009
MrCrackles:

Muki you are a pregnant ostrich. . . .This thread is about Naija girls and fashion calamities. . .Not BRASH! cheesy
reported to moderator angry tongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hefeng Computer Embroidery / Monogramming Machines Selling In Nigeria / ~Anti-Ageing Products: Yeah Or Nay? . . .~ / Nigerian Ladies Going Crazy For Buttocks And Hips Enhancing Drugs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.