Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,480 members, 7,781,413 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:02 PM

How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning (53615 Views)

7 Things I Wished I Was Told Before Graduating From The University / KBK Foundation Is Looking For Man Assaulted By Police For Demanding His Salary / My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by Charlieubochi: 1:06am On Feb 24, 2016
I work for a construction company in Port Harcourt owned by 2 Lebanese brothers. I work as one of the two Administrative staff. I was employed two years ago and the very first thing I noticed about the place was the care - free manner the Lebanese people smoke. They smoke all kinds of things openly in the office not minding the health implications on other staff. I also noticed the total lack of respect that those people have for us Nigerians. They told me stories of how they insult people, throw all kinds of objects at them and I even heard they physically fight them. I always thought it was funny and I never ever thought that I'll be a victim of such horrible, barbaric and slave-master attitude from these people. I am a BSc degree holder in accounting and I am being paid #30,000 plus I have to work on Saturdays too.

On Friday last week I requested for permission. I informed the workshop manager that my friend would be wedding the following day(Saturday). He said I should go directly to the MD of the company a dental request for permission myself. I said no, that nobody goes directly to him knowing his very bad attitude and lack of respect for everyone and besides he's the MD and shouldn't be bothered by such trivial issues.

So I proceeded to go to the wedding on that Saturday thinking my request had been granted or at the most I would be marked absent on that day. I returned to work on Monday and I was stopped at the gate. The security people said the MD told them not to let me in. When I asked why, they said it was because I didn't come to work on Saturday. I was so shocked. In any case I begged and pleaded but I was advised to go home and come back the following day (yesterday) and beg him to let me continue working. I went to the office early and waited for him to come and then I started begging him. The moment he saw me he started insulting me. He said I was useless and ungrateful. I kept on begging. He came close to me and gave me a hot slap on my left cheek. I never in my widest dream expected to be slapped by any person whether boss or not. I was so furious that it took God's grace not to beat him up. I knew if I beat him up I won't have a good case against him. So I insulted him and stormed out of the office. I reported the case at the police station. They invited him to make his statement and my dad (who doubles as my Lawyer) is handling the issue.

I am going to make sure he will never forget this experience. He would pay heavily for this and other crimes he has committed against innocent Nigerians. He was so shocked and I could see some fear in his eyes at the police station. He never expected anyone much less the very quiet boy who sits in a corner of his big company to drag him to police station and to sue him to court.

The Lebanese, Indians and Chinese are fond of maltreating we Nigerians. Even his Lawyer confessed that they see us as slaves in our own country which is a very terrible situation. Many Nigerians are afraid of standing up for their rights when these people treat them badly. I'm writing this long message to encourage people to always stand up for their rights and never let anyone or situation intimidate them. I would love to hear from anyone that has gone through similar situations before.

805 Likes 108 Shares

Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by kidman96(m): 1:08am On Feb 24, 2016
well first of all even though you are my country man, i still will tell you the truth.If you know how people behave,then you know how to deal with them. the way you conduct and carry yourself anywhere you are is how you will be treated. you erred by not making your request for leave absolutely official.You told your work shop manager about it and he advised you to speak with your boss. you should have done so and all this would not be happening.
secondly you goofed when you eventually resumed office. you should not have begged him. there is a difference between apologizing and begging. i am sure you your countenance and disposition portrayed fear and that you were absolutely sorry and scared of losing your job, which gave you away. you don't show fear to such people,you show strength, confidence yet remorse. this would have made him think twice before assaulting. but because he saw you apologizing probably almost kneeling he knew you were scared of losing your job and scared of him too as your boss so he attacked you. i am not saying all this to make you see me as a bigger man, i just want you to know when dealing with a bully you don't show fear.

in any case i commend your patience and hope you deal with him severely because it is becoming routine for these Indians and Lebanese who are way below us Nigerian.

357 Likes 33 Shares

Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by publicenemy(m): 1:11am On Feb 24, 2016
GUY YOU GET PATIENCE O. IF NA ME I GO BEAT AM DIE. IN FACT NA ME DEM FOR ARREST SEF.

160 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by Nobody: 1:13am On Feb 24, 2016
Sue him for every kobo he is worth because we can't do the same to them in their country. Make sure immigration investigate his stay here becos some of this mofos are living here illegally. Shake the idiot well and teach him and his kind a lesson

109 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by Nobody: 1:13am On Feb 24, 2016
Although you had your shortcomings in the whole episode, but your Lebanese boss played into your hands by slapping you, now you have 'An Ace up your sleeves'. Do keep us inform when you win the court case and swimming in millions for damages OR when you get paid in an 'Out of court settlement'! WE NEED TO BE RESPECTED, ATLEAST IN OUR COUNTRY. God bless Nigeria!

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by Blakjewelry(m): 1:21am On Feb 24, 2016
Nice one there you did what I would have advised anyone to do. but I swear if na me, the guy for dey miss some teeth by now.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by dubemnaija: 1:26am On Feb 24, 2016
Good. Those guys smokes like chimney.

NDLEA dey do work, no be for them side o

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by Charlieubochi: 1:31am On Feb 24, 2016
I tell you I've never had a greater desire to beat or even kill someone like I felt after the idiot slapped me. I just didn't want to mess up the case and spoil my chances of seeing his ugly Arabic self in court. I know they are all illegal immigrants with fake papers but I don't know how to go about reporting the issue and if reporting it would help me in any way because they have people in Immigrations and tax office that help them defraud Nigeria.

52 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by otunbashonny(m): 1:34am On Feb 24, 2016
Good move

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by Nobody: 1:45am On Feb 24, 2016
Kidman96 said it all.
In this case It is quite a minor, the slap didn't lead to a cut or damage (didn't read anywhere it led to that) and the charges pressed against him won't really hold water, although u did the right thing. Meanwhile how do people cope with 30k salary and u gat work from monday-saturday... mehnnn thts slavery.

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by ScofieldBello(m): 1:49am On Feb 24, 2016
In your statement, you wrote that the brothers had carelessly told you how they maltreated your countrymen in the past, how they care less about the health of other staff and others.....but you made no effort to address it. You weren't bothered because 'it was none of your business' and afterall, the maltreated staff ain't any of your family members!

I tell you what? That is the foundation of our problems! We forget that an injury to one is an injury to all.
Same way we see bosses, police, soldiers et al maltreating our fellow countrymen and turn blind eyes. We need to change our orientations.

Nigeria is ours. Only Nigerians can fight for Nigeria. Let us all stand for what is right.

You ain't really a bad guy...but all the same, I hope you win the case.
Charlieubochi:
I tell you I've never had a greater desire to beat or even kill someone like I felt after the idiot slapped me. I just didn't want to mess up the case and spoil my chances of seeing his ugly Arabic self in court. I know they are all illegal immigrants with fake papers but I don't know how to go about reporting the issue and if reporting it would help me in any way because they have people in Immigrations and tax office that help them defraud Nigeria.

76 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by luvlyADESUWA(f): 2:09am On Feb 24, 2016
OH.......my brother; I do not know u shall; but I JUST LOVE U.....HONESTLY; I luv u, Luv ur action, Luv ur courage.

U know what? He was paying u 30k; good!!!!!! Its time to make good money from him.....

I Luv u my brother.......cuddles

20 Likes

Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by ScofieldBello(m): 2:10am On Feb 24, 2016
Kidman96,
You took those words out of my mouth!
He was even scared to meet the MD, for what exactly?!
Whatever happened to 'official' way of requesting for days off!

Some years ago, while I was taking my SIWES, I carefully, unregrettably and singlehandedly dealt with two of these guys at Nichemtex (NICHEM WAX) and guess what? I was not asked to leave but instead so many things changed with immediate effect. The staff started speaking up!

THE STRENGHT OF YOUR OPPRESSOR LIES IN YOUR WEAKNESS!

Nigerians are timid, scared, afraid, too religious (that they leave everything for God), hypocritical, sentimental, crazy,.... Infact, Fela Anikulapo has said it all.

82 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by luvlyADESUWA(f): 2:15am On Feb 24, 2016
[quote author=castroevans post=43195960]Kidman96 said it all.
In this case It is quite a minor, the slap didn't lead to a cut or damage (didn't read anywhere it led to that) and the charges pressed against him won't really hold water

I don't think u are educated @ all......
U don't know your right @ all my brother. That's pure assault. Boss has no right to raise his filty hands on subordinate......even if subordinates insult boss; that's the law. That man will pay for damage; lost of respect and self esteem among co workers....

U never c

13 Likes

Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by jacy67(f): 3:25am On Feb 24, 2016
no be their fault. whether " boss" or whatever do not have any right to physically assault an employee. But in your own way you contributed to this mess. You would have listened to that workshop manager.
Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by odimbannamdi(m): 3:39am On Feb 24, 2016
While i admonish you for not officially making your request to absent yourself from work on saturday, i immensely admire your self-control and resistance of the urge to do something stupid after he had slapped you. I also commend your decision to tow the litigation path. I am very sure he was shocked at your action.

Now, considering the corrupt connivance of these lebanese with those in the higher echelon, it will be extremely difficult for you to go the extent of asking for their papers to be investigated and consequent deportation. To tell ourselves the truth, they also contribute economically to the country - imagine how many people would be thrown on the streets if your boss and his brother were asked to leave the country.

So, i recommend you sue him demanding he pays for the assault he made on your person. We have a lot of enlightened lawyers on Nairaland who would probably see this case and love to take it up. Also, write to the Office Of the Public Defender (OFP) stating your case.

After these law officials overwhelm him and he pays a huge sum of money to free himself off this case, i am doubly sure he will think twice before assaulting anyone verbally talk more of physically.

Please keep us informed about this case.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by Benjom(m): 3:58am On Feb 24, 2016
Good that you followed the part of the due process... and keep us updated on this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by Jamean(f): 4:10am On Feb 24, 2016
Ok..seems you are doing fine with the law suit.

Next, what's the way forward i. e moving on careerwise?
Obviously that job has ended. You said you studied accounting, what relevant professional courses have you considered to enable you to practice, except you are not interested in practising.

If you are interested then enroll for ICAN or ACCA certification, also consider an appointment with a small scale professional services firm for a start while looking out for other opportunities. Even if you will be paid 30k the work experience is very relevant to your career and more prestigious.

Okbye!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by Godmother(f): 4:12am On Feb 24, 2016
You dad should handle the matter right and make sure that idiot pays through his nose. We Nigerians have to start speaking up and saying no to these Indians and Lebanese and their maltreatment.

8 Likes

Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by Jamean(f): 4:14am On Feb 24, 2016
ScofieldBello:
In your statement, you wrote that the brothers had carelessly told you how they maltreated your countrymen in the past, how they care less about the health of other staff and others.....but you made no effort to address it. You weren't bothered because 'it was none of your business' and afterall, the maltreated staff ain't any of your family members!

I tell you what? That is the foundation of our problems! We forget that an injury to one is an injury to all.
Same way we see bosses, police, soldiers et al maltreating our fellow countrymen and turn blind eyes. We need to change our orientations.

Nigeria is ours. Only Nigerians can fight for Nigeria. Let us all stand for what is right.

You ain't really a bad guy...but all the same, I hope you win the case.

With maturity you learn to choose your battles, not all fights should be proactive. You have to wait till the real thing happens sometimes. whenever you are standing in opposition always watch your back because the people you are fighting for may not bother.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by SmartMugu: 4:22am On Feb 24, 2016
luvlyADESUWA:
OH.......my brother; I do not know u shall; but I JUST LOVE U.....HONESTLY; I luv u, Luv ur action, Luv ur courage.

U know what? He was paying u 30k; good!!!!!! Its time to make good money from him.....

I Luv u my brother.......cuddles
Are you male or female?
Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by Nobody: 4:23am On Feb 24, 2016
I hope u read when I said Kidman has said it all and I just added a little input. Meanwhile there are better ways to talk than to insult someone u have no idea who he or she is.
Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by Nobody: 4:25am On Feb 24, 2016
I deserve an apology to that insult.[quote author=luvlyADESUWA post=43196075][/quote]
Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by bencobenz(m): 4:35am On Feb 24, 2016
All these Lebanese, chinko and Indians reducing us to second class citizens in our own country.... Well, I don't blame them, na our leaders I blame.

3 Likes

Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by Nobody: 4:59am On Feb 24, 2016
Indians and Arabs are terrible Employers. If you Ever work for any, be prepared to be insulted, humiliated and humbled.

3 Likes

Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by Nobody: 5:21am On Feb 24, 2016
Sorry for your predicament.

People treat you the way you allow them to treat you.

Even though I am very pro foreigners as I am a foreigner in another country but I do not allow any foreigner in Nigeria to ride me or anyone I can observe.

3 Likes

Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by lonelydora: 5:33am On Feb 24, 2016
I must thank you for not having there-is-no-work-in-nigeria mentality most people have. Nice one for going to police station and taking him to court. Make sure he pays dearly for it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by Allwility: 5:51am On Feb 24, 2016
Our labour laws are weak. That's the reason all these chinkos and Lebanese have the audacity to try thrash at the workplace. Cut or no cut, sue that MD of yours for assault, battery, damages and any other terrible thing that comes to your lawyer's mind.
Imagine! angry

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by StPete: 6:19am On Feb 24, 2016
This is totally commendable OP. Keep it up
Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by telim: 6:19am On Feb 24, 2016
Hop your useless Lebanese boss physically assaulted you in your own home and the only way of paying him back in his own coin is retaliating in a feminine manner. Your boss just cheated you 100%, by paying you monthly stipends and warming up your chick with a hot slap for being absent on Saturday. Even if you a are compensated which is rear he still got the upper hand for given you a hot slap. If I was in your shoe, he wouldn't try these shit with me because he would have known me before know that I tolerate no shit from a foreigner, and if he eventually slaps me I will plank or use any object around the area to whip the idiot till I injured the shitty Lebanese idiot, by the time am done with him even my dad will call for a celebration.

6 Likes

Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by Savigne(f): 6:45am On Feb 24, 2016
Nice one there...Your middle name suppose be self control brother.
Make sure you pursue this case to the finish.I hope you'll get a good judge who'll serve the ediot just desserts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by oglalasioux(m): 6:58am On Feb 24, 2016
Let's call a spade by it's name; the OP is at fault.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Biography Of Herbert Wigwe: Age, Career, Networth, Wife, Children, Parent(photo) / Man Sacked By His Boss After He Refused To Sleep With His Wife / Feeling Used And Dumped!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.