Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,490 members, 7,801,262 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:04 PM

How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning (53677 Views)

7 Things I Wished I Was Told Before Graduating From The University / KBK Foundation Is Looking For Man Assaulted By Police For Demanding His Salary / My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by hollandis(f): 11:44am On Feb 24, 2016
Charlieubochi:
I work for a construction company in Port Harcourt owned by 2 Lebanese brothers. I work as one of the two Administrative staff. I was employed two years ago and the very first thing I noticed about the place was the care - free manner the Lebanese people smoke. They smoke all kinds of things openly in the office not minding the health implications on other staff. I also noticed the total lack of respect that those people have for us Nigerians. They told me stories of how they insult people, throw all kinds of objects at them and I even heard they physically fight them. I always thought it was funny and I never ever thought that I'll be a victim of such horrible, barbaric and slave-master attitude from these people. I am a BSc degree holder in accounting and I am being paid #30,000 plus I have to work on Saturdays too.

On Friday last week I requested for permission. I informed the workshop manager that my friend would be wedding the following day(Saturday). He said I should go directly to the MD of the company a dental request for permission myself. I said no, that nobody goes directly to him knowing his very bad attitude and lack of respect for everyone and besides he's the MD and shouldn't be bothered by such trivial issues.

So I proceeded to go to the wedding on that Saturday thinking my request had been granted or at the most I would be marked absent on that day. I returned to work on Monday and I was stopped at the gate. The security people said the MD told them not to let me in. When I asked why, they said it was because I didn't come to work on Saturday. I was so shocked. In any case I begged and pleaded but I was advised to go home and come back the following day (yesterday) and beg him to let me continue working. I went to the office early and waited for him to come and then I started begging him. The moment he saw me he started insulting me. He said I was useless and ungrateful. I kept on begging. He came close to me and gave me a hot slap on my left cheek. I never in my widest dream expected to be slapped by any person whether boss or not. I was so furious that it took God's grace not to beat him up. I knew if I beat him up I won't have a good case against him. So I insulted him and stormed out of the office. I reported the case at the police station. They invited him to make his statement and my dad (who doubles as my Lawyer) is handling the issue.

I am going to make sure he will never forget this experience. He would pay heavily for this and other crimes he has committed against innocent Nigerians. He was so shocked and I could see some fear in his eyes at the police station. He never expected anyone much less the very quiet boy who sits in a corner of his big company to drag him to police station and to sue him to court.

The Lebanese, Indians and Chinese are fond of maltreating we Nigerians. Even his Lawyer confessed that they see us as slaves in our own country which is a very terrible situation. Many Nigerians are afraid of standing up for their rights when these people treat them badly. I'm writing this long message to encourage people to always stand up for their rights and never let anyone or situation intimidate them. I would love to hear from anyone that has gone through similar situations before.
You were doing eye service with them and closed your eyes when you saw injustices meted out to other Nigerians .Shhhhhh it's your turn now .Enjoy .BSC holder in what ?mtxhewww
Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by seangy4konji: 11:45am On Feb 24, 2016
I liked the person who commented and talked about fear.

If you see my slender body?you would think I would feR at any slight of anything. Brother?no one I mean no one intimidates me.i walk with my shoulder high all the time no matter who the person is. I respect elder but no fear. Men see me in lounges and cafes and want me to sit down on their table after noticing me severally.

You don't fear nobody man. They will reßpect you but don't be proud and do your work normally.

Fucking labanese. Not even an emirati or a Qatari. Lebanese.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by conyema12(m): 11:46am On Feb 24, 2016
kidman96:
well first of all even though you are my country man, i still will tell you the truth.If you know how people behave,then you know how to deal with them. the way you conduct and carry yourself anywhere you are is how you will be treated. you erred by not making your request for leave absolutely official.You told your work shop manager about it and he advised you to speak with your boss. you should have done so and all this would not be happening.
secondly you goofed when you eventually resumed office. you should not have begged him. there is a difference between apologizing and begging. i am sure you your countenance and disposition portrayed fear and that you were absolutely sorry and scared of losing your job, which gave you away. you don't show fear to such people,you show strength, confidence yet remorse. this would have made him think twice before assaulting. but because he saw you apologizing probably almost kneeling he knew you were scared of losing your job and scared of him too as your boss so he attacked you. i am not saying all this to make you see me as a bigger man, i just want you to know when dealing with a bully you don't show

in any case i commend your patience and hope you deal with him severely because it is becoming routine for these Indians and Lebanese who are way below us Nigerian.
Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by madridsta007(m): 11:46am On Feb 24, 2016
MoltenMagma:
Sue him for every kobo he is worth because we can't do the same to them in their country. Make sure immigration investigate his stay here becos some of this mofos are living here illegally. Shake the idiot well and teach him and his kind a lesson

The Lebanese know the Nigerian system. They would go behind and settle the police. Just watch what will happen later. 'Come today, come tomorrow'. I suggest you get a very good lawyer- although that would mean more cost for you.
Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by scachy(m): 11:47am On Feb 24, 2016
No strength to type long lines today.

First off, I commend ur courage n patience. Those Indians, Lebanese, n Chinese are so mischievous. the way they act like God to their staff beats my imagination not only to Nigerians, but Africans (even though we are far more sophisticated than them yet they see us trash ) and I noticed that what boosts their ego n arrogance is the way their fellow country men fear n respect them in their country cos the have nots over there see the haves as God n almost prostrates at the sight of them.

But they know that Africans (especially Nigerians don't take sh!t) open eyes for them they ll calm their nerves. Nobody fear pass them but they ll lik to intimidate n instil fear in their subordinate.

Nonsense Lebanon that Naija better pass 100 times. Dirty everywhere.
Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by Ribaman(m): 11:47am On Feb 24, 2016
oglalasioux:
Let's call a spade by it's name; the OP is at fault.
You are a case study in how not to talk before thinking?
So you justify assault because it's against a black person? I bet you also support imprisonment without/before trial?
Please, wake up! Stop commenting for commenting sake!

1 Like

Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by jeffizy(m): 11:48am On Feb 24, 2016
Jamean:

With maturity you learn to choose your battles, not all fights should be proactive. You have to wait till the real thing happens sometimes. whenever you are standing in opposition always watch your back because the people you are fighting for may not bother.
Your view is quite intelligent.
Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by MARKone(m): 11:49am On Feb 24, 2016
It is the government and our internal institutions that ought to protect the rights of every citizen that I blame, see common Lebanese and dirty Indians that enjoys raping people, forming tyrants, "white supremacy", in our own country. O well OP you took the right step, me I for break the guy neck, then land myself in jail. Follow it up, the man should pay for damages, Infact tomorrow talk say that ear is paining you, and you can't hear well again. §illy Idiiots.
Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by condralbede(m): 11:49am On Feb 24, 2016
op you really tried oh,how I wish I Hv a kind of your patience, cos if Nah me I go slap am back n front,but u did d right thing though.Make sure the white albinos pay for all d assault given to you
Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by freecocoa(f): 11:49am On Feb 24, 2016
OP while I will not accept being slapped by my boss nor will I encourage anyone to accept such, I must say, you are at fault also, you don't just leave your job at will and expect to be welcomed back with open arms, however, that man had no right to hit you, therefore I support talking legal actions against him.

But you sef, you insult the man and walai from your narrative, it can easily be deduced that your attitude towards the job is poor.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by oluxy(m): 11:50am On Feb 24, 2016
Our governors, minister and govt need to free Nigerians from d hands of Indians, Japanese n lebanise companies. there will even say our govt can't do anytin just because they hv bribed some people in d state or somewhere...

I hope peeps working under dis companies form alliance and go to a sincere concern media...
Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by Sunseeker: 11:50am On Feb 24, 2016
To be used as a slave in your own land is UNBELIEVABLE !!

I wonder if this type of abuse by Lebanese or Indians can occur in a small little country like Jamaica ??!!
Before his fat yellow hand would reach person face, Jamo go tell him about his Motherblurdclaaart !! angry

OUR CULTURE OF BENDING, BOWING DOWN AND WORSHIPPING OGA HAS LEAD TO THIS !!
Gateman and house girl will be beaten daily by Nigerians self, as we worship Foreigners like Gods!
Oya lets keep suffring and smiling...Na Poverty and corruption case !

1 Like

Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by Ayauche(f): 11:51am On Feb 24, 2016
bencobenz:
All these Lebanese, chinko and Indians reducing us to second class citizens in our own country.... Well, I don't blame them, na our leaders I blame.

The thing worse die, our own country at that and dem no born any Naija person to perform rubbish for their own country. Its really pathetic. I just wish our leaders can really look into this issue.
Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by anonimi: 11:52am On Feb 24, 2016
The foreigners are only following the bad example of our ELECTED public SERVANTS from the LGA councillor to the state assembly lawmaker to the president who also treat us with DISRESPECT in various ways.

Even sef our olopas policemen will abandon their primary function of ensuring our COLLECTIVE security to be doing boy boy maid duties for our Vagabonds in Power, VIPs whether foreigner or fellow Nigerian.

HOW can we stop this

www.nairaland.com/attachments/294278_chinainafrica_jpgbd4ea16cc6391fffe329bb549e5ad537

[img]http://i2.wp.com/.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/K.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=290%2C516[/img]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3173203_00_jpeg919f3ecb8d32bb46a2bd5a96c07a9098

murtalaa:
Police profession has really gone to the dogs in this country.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3160611_sokotofirstlady_jpgf4c56d6dd444933a194581b8a49ba5ee

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by dasoul(m): 11:52am On Feb 24, 2016
castroevans:
Kidman96 said it all.
In this case It is quite a minor, the slap didn't lead to a cut or damage (didn't read anywhere it led to that) and the charges pressed against him won't really hold water
, although u did the right thing. Meanwhile how do people cope with 30k salary and u gat work from monday-saturday... mehnnn thts slavery.

Well, our national minimum wage is 18k, the dude nearly doubled. So how do you expect the court to protect from such a meager pay?

1 Like

Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by banio: 11:53am On Feb 24, 2016
People are not scared of standing up for their right. Most people are financially not buoyant, so they hope God pays the oppressor with his coin.
Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by manitobor(m): 11:53am On Feb 24, 2016
oglalasioux:
Let's call a spade by it's name; the OP is at fault.

Yes, granted he's at fault. But have you asked yourself, does his mistake warrant receiving a slap from the mad man? Would he try such in place like America? This is a simple case of assault.

Y'all need to change your slavish mentality. Just cos the boss is a brown skin you'll endure all insults and assault. Stop being a mumu to them foreigners in your own country.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by viklucci: 11:54am On Feb 24, 2016
I think I agree with @kidman96. its a corporate environment so u were supposed to apply but since u didn't, u were to follow the orders and ask ur md for permission. we all have our differences and to ensure a good working relationship we require tolerance and patience for each other regardless of the nationality. sorry though for d hot slap and make ur oga go take anger mgt lessons too
Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by lastpage: 11:56am On Feb 24, 2016
kidman96:
well first of all even though you are my country man, i still will tell you the truth.If you know how people behave,then you know how to deal with them. the way you conduct and carry yourself anywhere you are is how you will be treated. you erred by not making your request for leave absolutely official.You told your work shop manager about it and he advised you to speak with your boss. you should have done so and all this would not be happening.
secondly you goofed when you eventually resumed office. you should not have begged him. there is a difference between apologizing and begging. i am sure you your countenance and disposition portrayed fear and that you were absolutely sorry and scared of losing your job, which gave you away. you don't show fear to such people,you show strength, confidence yet remorse. this would have made him think twice before assaulting. but because he saw you apologizing probably almost kneeling he knew you were scared of losing your job and scared of him too as your boss so he attacked you. i am not saying all this to make you see me as a bigger man, i just want you to know when dealing with a bully you don't show fear.

in any case i commend your patience and hope you deal with him severely because it is becoming routine for these Indians and Lebanese who are way below us Nigerian.

Stop being a "footmart" for any foreigner!

First, show me:
1.) where it is written that it is only an M.D that can grant a "one day absence from work" request
2.) show me where it is written that working on Saturday is compulsory
3.) Show me where it is written that begging to resume your work is a criminal act
4.) Show me where it is written that assaulting your staff, for not working on a weekend, is lawful

until then, such aggressive employers need to be taught their lessons.

Lastpage!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by Icecomrade: 11:56am On Feb 24, 2016
kidman96:
secondly you goofed when you eventually resumed office. you should not have begged him. there is a difference between apologizing and begging. i am sure you your countenance and disposition portrayed fear and that you were absolutely sorry and scared of losing your job, which gave you away. you don't show fear to such people,you show strength, confidence yet remorse. this would have made him think twice before assaulting. but because he saw you apologizing probably almost kneeling he knew you were scared of losing your job and scared of him too as your boss so he attacked you. i am not saying all this to make you see me as a bigger man, i just want you to know when dealing with a bully you don't show fear.

I tend to disagree with few things you raised here

1. In an organisation, there are reporting lines. If he had informed his line supervisor of absence, the supervisor ought to have escalated appropriately. I may not be too wrong to infer from this story that this guy is not in the habit of absenting himself from work.

2. I may not agree with you that his begging was a show of weakness which led to his assualt. The bully started when the securities were instructed not to allow him cross the gate. This is not a civil way of disengaging a staff.
Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by akeenalee(m): 11:57am On Feb 24, 2016
Charlieubochi:
I tell you I've never had a greater desire to beat or even kill someone like I felt after the idiot slapped me. I just didn't want to mess up the case and spoil my chances of seeing his ugly Arabic self in court. I know they are all illegal immigrants with fake papers but I don't know how to go about reporting the issue and if reporting it would help me in any way because they have people in Immigrations and tax office that help them defraud Nigeria.

If you can lay your hands on copies of thier immigration documents and info about the people in firs or state revenue i can link u with lawyers who will collect money from them.
Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by niceeric(m): 11:57am On Feb 24, 2016
If I also had a lawyer daddy I would av probably taken the court route BUT as I have an Engineer daddy, I wont ever ever miss the opportunity to retaliate in ways the Lebanese dude won't believe...he'll wish he were dead,how would I even live with myself thinking I got slapped by a foreigner of all people in my country?
Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by youngambi(m): 11:58am On Feb 24, 2016
bro many ppl strt by pointing ur blames but sincerely I know how it feels cos I cld sense some fear n perhaps d MD lacks some sense of savvy*....my blood brother shares a story similar to yours. he worked for Dis Lebanese ppl dem. he works with a master degree but still gets such trivial pay, a pay similar to urs..dis conspicuously shows how indecisive n how much we don't c our worth...he got into some issues and he was asked to pay 120k..na God save m say my papa try get moni smol..but he was insulted but in his case no one spanked him..ryt now he's running his phd in UK..; the morals of d story is evri disappointment is a blessing..c d oda picture..but even if u bliv dis to b in good fate abeg bros chop dat Lebanese guy fada...no one shld mk us feel lyk slaves in our own home..for dis 21st century..haba!!
Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by zurine(f): 11:59am On Feb 24, 2016
wow
Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by oglalasioux(m): 12:00pm On Feb 24, 2016
Ribaman:

You are a case study in how not to talk before thinking?
So you justify assault because it's against a black person? I bet you also support imprisonment without/before trial?
Please, wake up! Stop commenting for commenting sake!

Racist sentiments cannot erode the fact that the OP left work for a wedding without permission. Call me what you wish but it's still wrong to absent yourself from work at will. As for his boss slapping him he made himself cheap by begging the boss. If you think the OP can behave as he wishes why beg the boss?

1 Like

Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by murmee: 12:01pm On Feb 24, 2016
oglalasioux:

Thanks for your mention.
First he knew the working conditions in the firm. Why didn't he protest or rally others together to fight for their collective right? No. He waited until it came to him.

Second he erred by giving himself permission.

Thirdly he begged the man which means he understood his error. That's an indictment against himself.

You'll be surprised to see how Nigerians tremble before these people. If we don't like what foreigners do to us then let's collectively boycott them by forming strong unions. They can't possibly pluck workers from nowhere.

It's shameful that the OP has to wait for a slap before doing anything. We gave the foreigners the free hand. He is sure to lose the case if there is no physical bruise. And I doubt any Nigerian will put his job on the line to be a witness for him in court.
Exactly. What if the Lebanese say he did not slap the Nigerian and there's no video to show he did. For sure none of the other Nigerian workers especially the gateman that must have seen everything would be willing to testify against the Lebanese. Our guy is fighting a lost battle.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by emydot(m): 12:02pm On Feb 24, 2016
I like that. Its high time we start fighting for our rights
Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by CivilzedTyger(m): 12:08pm On Feb 24, 2016
jacy67:
no be their fault. whether " boss" or whatever do not have any right to physically assault an employee. But in your own way you contributed to this mess. You would have listened to that workshop manager.
It does not justifies the fact that the boss went all physical on the pure dude. My guy @op I feel your pain and I pray God will bless y(our) hustle, make us bosses on our own. Where my elder brother is working in Abuja these Lebanese people pay prostitutes to sleep with their dogs. How degrading, Nigerians accepted the position as slaves in exchange for some peanut. What poverty has caused. I pray God takes control
Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by oglalasioux(m): 12:08pm On Feb 24, 2016
manitobor:

Yes, granted he's at fault. But have you asked yourself, does his mistake warrant receiving a slap from the mad man? Would he try such in place like America? This is a simple case of assault.

Y'all need to change your slavish mentality. Just cos the boss is a brown skin you'll endure all insults and assault. Stop being a mumu to them foreigners in your own country.

Thank God you admitted he was at fault. There's nowhere in civilization that what the OP did will be condoned. It's a great indictment on us black men. As for the boss slapping him, he made himself that cheap. If leaving your workplace doesn't constitute an offence why beg the boss?

Get the book 'The Drifters' by James Michener. Read through it and you'll understand why Africa is still underdeveloped.
Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by Myself2(m): 12:10pm On Feb 24, 2016
kidman96:

Best reply here.
Someone give this man a glass of vintage wine
Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by sukkot: 12:10pm On Feb 24, 2016
Charlieubochi:
I work for a construction company in Port Harcourt owned by 2 Lebanese brothers. I work as one of the two Administrative staff. I was employed two years ago and the very first thing I noticed about the place was the care - free manner the Lebanese people smoke. They smoke all kinds of things openly in the office not minding the health implications on other staff. I also noticed the total lack of respect that those people have for us Nigerians. They told me stories of how they insult people, throw all kinds of objects at them and I even heard they physically fight them. I always thought it was funny and I never ever thought that I'll be a victim of such horrible, barbaric and slave-master attitude from these people. I am a BSc degree holder in accounting and I am being paid #30,000 plus I have to work on Saturdays too.

On Friday last week I requested for permission. I informed the workshop manager that my friend would be wedding the following day(Saturday). He said I should go directly to the MD of the company a dental request for permission myself. I said no, that nobody goes directly to him knowing his very bad attitude and lack of respect for everyone and besides he's the MD and shouldn't be bothered by such trivial issues.

So I proceeded to go to the wedding on that Saturday thinking my request had been granted or at the most I would be marked absent on that day. I returned to work on Monday and I was stopped at the gate. The security people said the MD told them not to let me in. When I asked why, they said it was because I didn't come to work on Saturday. I was so shocked. In any case I begged and pleaded but I was advised to go home and come back the following day (yesterday) and beg him to let me continue working. I went to the office early and waited for him to come and then I started begging him. The moment he saw me he started insulting me. He said I was useless and ungrateful. I kept on begging. He came close to me and gave me a hot slap on my left cheek. I never in my widest dream expected to be slapped by any person whether boss or not. I was so furious that it took God's grace not to beat him up. I knew if I beat him up I won't have a good case against him. So I insulted him and stormed out of the office. I reported the case at the police station. They invited him to make his statement and my dad (who doubles as my Lawyer) is handling the issue.

I am going to make sure he will never forget this experience. He would pay heavily for this and other crimes he has committed against innocent Nigerians. He was so shocked and I could see some fear in his eyes at the police station. He never expected anyone much less the very quiet boy who sits in a corner of his big company to drag him to police station and to sue him to court.

The Lebanese, Indians and Chinese are fond of maltreating we Nigerians. Even his Lawyer confessed that they see us as slaves in our own country which is a very terrible situation. Many Nigerians are afraid of standing up for their rights when these people treat them badly. I'm writing this long message to encourage people to always stand up for their rights and never let anyone or situation intimidate them. I would love to hear from anyone that has gone through similar situations before.
walahi talahi ndigbo you fall hand. the spirit of nzeogwu is missing from igboland. so this rat bastard from lebanon gave you a hot slap in your country and you did not kill him on the spot ? shocked cry
Re: How I Was Assaulted By My Lebanese Boss Yesterday Morning by blazer234: 12:12pm On Feb 24, 2016
Charlieubochi:

You were able to stand up for your right because you have access to free legal backing. How many Nigerians can afford to get a lawyer? How many?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Oil And Gas Industry Salary: According To Positions / Man Sacked By His Boss After He Refused To Sleep With His Wife / Oando Graduate Accelerated Program (GAP) 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.